HBO's Chernoybl will it based or cringe?

youtube.com/watch?v=s9APLXM9Ei8

Attached: Chernobyl-1024x512-1038x519-1552589773.jpg (1038x519, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=le_9jp7IL5k
youtube.com/watch?v=p5GTvaW34O0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Possibly good, but HBO aren't as good at making stuff as they used to be in late 90's and early 2000's.

dude acute radiation poisoning lmao.

Looks pretty good actually.

Hollywood is more cancerous than Chernobyl and Fukushima combined

>reversing Latin letters to make it look Cyrillic
Cringe

it will be mediocre at best. how many times do we have to hear this fucking story?

Looked kino from trailer

SN-Ye-Ya-I-O-V-Oo

Cyrillic letters reading into English is not a good idea

Faux-Cyrillic and faux-Greek annoy me so much

>SNEYAIOVU

Attached: 1553262591841.gif (448x252, 2.28M)

I wish they'd do Roadside Picnic / Stalker instead

As long as it is decently respectful to all the men who more or less doomed themselves to cancerous radiation poisoning deaths in order to help contain what otherwise would have been an unprecedented global catastrophe. Thousands of men died building the Sarcophagus, but if it hadn't been built, radiation would have leaked out an destroyed all of europe, north africa, and central asia.

Attached: Chernobyl.jpg (500x375, 56K)

КЛЮКBA
Л
Ю
К
B
A

>slavkino
>no one speaks Russian
dropped

>backwards "R" as "R" in English
To the oven!

Historical documentaries are cringe and falsepilled. Only nature documentaries can be good but not all of them like Disney throwing penguins off cliffs for dramatic shots.

They started the production for Roadside Picnic (Stars IIRC) and even made pilot and trailer, but eventually buried the project.

Ya

It seems way too sensationalized. You should watch this instead:

youtube.com/watch?v=le_9jp7IL5k

Hope its not just a bunch of anti nuclear fear propaganda. Thorium reactors are proposed to be meltdown proof and even more efficient but we're still only just thinking about trying them.

this is exactly what it will be. Nuclear power is what we need, but the same people who want to push away from dirty energy are afraid of nuclear because muh meltdowns

>UNTOLD TRUE STORY
Yeah, sure.

needed more Terror actors
will be ok

That's a big reason why I think this will be shit. It's not an untold story at all, they're just trying to sex it up. As if the real accident wasn't already dramatic enough.

that's not a very good one
over the top and tries to make a big baddie

Agreed, I hope it does all those liquidator conscripts justice for shoveling the core off the roof

Attached: 26236.jpg (215x300, 17K)

>muh nuclear bad
>muh russians bad
>muh not real communism
yeah im not going to watch it

Big explosions at nuclear power plants that ruin an entire city tend to be a little over the top.

though I agree that those men deserve the utmost respect for the most part, they had no idea what they were subjecting themselves to. their superiors actually insisted they would be safe.

Why do people still expect good things from them? They haven't made a good show in 8 years

>their superiors actually insisted they would be safe.
Not true. The average firefighter yes. But the ones who had to go into the building to drain the water to avoid another explosion were told they were going to die.

Season 1 of Westworld was okay.

It has that Hollywood gloss that makes it so fake. It doesn't feel like 80s Ukraine.

You took his bait, now he will feel justified in being a contrarian.

How do you even make a good series out of this? It's basically just firefighting where most of the dudes involved die due to radiation later.

>Thorium reactors are proposed to be meltdown proof and even more efficient but we're still only just thinking about trying them.
Scientist talked about 'em in 60's and 70's. Nuclear industry started talking shit about those scientists almost immediately, because they didn't want to invest their own money into R&D. Until then military had paid for the research due nuclear submarines.

Could be good but it will end up being propaganda against nuclear energy. Nuclear is the true green new deal, but it's barely in the conversation.

Im cautiously optimistic
also based jared harris is in it so it cant be that bad
right?

>Every atom of uranium is like a bullet, penetrating everything in its path, metal, concrete, flesh. Now Chernobyl holds over 3 trillion of these bullets. Some of them will not stop firing for 50,000 years.
Literally everything in that part is completely wrong. There isn't any excuse for that either, you can easily look it up and get it right, but they chose to not give a fuck about facts. So my bet is on cringe.

Im not against nuclear, but there are better alternatives with less long lasting problems like dealing with the waste.

>Jared Harris
Kino incoming

>replacing latin with cyrillic look-alikes

Attached: 1511610136101.png (768x752, 168K)

this

this. I’d rather watch more capeshit

What's Sneyaiovu?

This one is better.
youtube.com/watch?v=p5GTvaW34O0
>But the ones who had to go into the building to drain the water to avoid another explosion were told they were going to die.
Myth that has become even more insane every time it has been retold. Firefighters had already drained most of the basement, but their gear wasn't capable of draining the basement and some of coolant tanks entirely. Levels of radioactivity in basement had been measured and known to be safe within Chernobyl disaster zone limitations, when three plant employees went to open draining valves. One of the trio died in got heart attack in 2005. Two of the guys are still alive, work in nuclear industry and have preferred to be anonymous. Yep they wore wet suits because water level in basement varied between knee and waist deep.

Attached: bio robot.png (1224x730, 969K)

attention in ruskie

Good luck getting funding for a high production value miniseries with that. Anglos absolutely prefer dubbing over subtitles. There is a reason why almost all documentaries UK/US are over dubbed and in lot of countries in continental Europe usually only narrator is in local language, interviews and dramatized parts are in original languages. Pic extremely related. A massive international co-production documentary with lots of dramatized scenes and top notch production values where all actors used language their characters were supposed to speak. Basically only dubbed Anglo and Kraut dubbed subhuman versions were available on home media. On age of DVD and BluRay. They could have literally had single fucking European release with all the soundtracks, subtitles and fucking combinations of those.

Being voice actor for non animation stuff should grounds for death penalty.

Attached: TSA_2273436_2015-17-4--01-31-19.jpg (400x561, 115K)

>there are better alternatives
name one

Why do foreigners think we care about them?

>SNEYAIOVU

Attached: spurdosquirrel.png (1200x904, 1.23M)

>HBO
that's gonna be a yikes from me

>western drama about ussr
probably cringe
>brit actors
death of stalin gives me a bit of hope