Do you think Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker would have been praised as much by all the normies trying to fit...

Do you think Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker would have been praised as much by all the normies trying to fit in with the masses if he hadn't died afterwards?

Attached: Heath-Ledger-as-The-Joker-920x584.png (920x584, 785K)

no

no but he still would've been well received because it was a perfect time to be edgy

I wonder if they would give him the Oscar if he was still alive.

Reminder that Jack Nicholson is the greatest Joker.

The performance is amazing and he deserved the Oscar, but he probably wouldn't have gotten it if he hadn't died.

Heath is by far the best live action Joker so far. Nicholson was bad casting, they should have gone with Jim Carrey instead, his Riddler was more Joker than Nicholson's Joker.

>normies trying to fit in with the masses

Attached: nick-young-confused-face.jpg (800x450, 18K)

Nicholson's Joker was great, because he didn't play it like the Joker. He played him very straight as a mafia guy with strange fashion sense.

They derive all their value from following the popular opinion so they pretend to love the performance

You're probably the only one who thinks that was a good thing.

The best Joker in that film was Michael Keaton.
YOU WANNA GET NUTS?!? LET'S GET NUTS!!!

The movie was a phenomenon at the time I remember it didn’t even need him killing himself to be a hit

The whole film is good precisely because it's not what people wanted.
It's not a superhero movie and that's why it works.

Yes, look at Goose he played in Drive and Blade Runner 2049 and is now a legend even though he still lives.

Attached: ??.jpg (1035x1070, 129K)

>Drive and Blade Runner 2049
Haven't watch neither of these so he remains irrelevant to me.

it was perfect characterization
his lines were iconic
it was still cool to be edgy and fuck society
he actually felt menacing in the movie's context

Best Joker line of all time WAIT‘LL THEY GET A LOAD OF ME

Yes.
Because he was brilliant.

Reminder that Oogana Chumbawumba's performance in Black Panther was superior.

Do recall that The Dark Knight was the second best superhero film of 2008.

>tfw will never relive the night it premiered and being absolutely blown away by TDK in IMAX
Seeing it with my best friend and spending the rest of the night browsing every internet forum to see what theories were out there about a sequel was so comfy. I wish I still felt hype after seeing movies.

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 455K)

I remember feeling the exact same but with Inception
Nolan movies are the greatest experience in the theater for sure

>Not watching the legendary Goose movies
Pleb

I was 17 when I watched this. Really good times that I miss.

Why did 2008 have so many good superhero movies while everything after that year was garbage?

Because that was before this forced diversity shit happened to destroy everything afterwards.

>everything after that year

>2006: X-Men 3, Superman Returns
>2007: Spider-Man 3, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
>2008: Iron Man, The Dark Knight

If not for the success of those two films, I genuinely believe the genre would have imploded on itself.

oh if only

Who cares about the le normalfags, Ledger had a genuinely good performance and that's a fact.
You can hate on the character and how he's written, but his performance of said character was immaculate.

I don't think there are people who hate his performance, mate. He's by far people's fav Joker compared to everyone else for a reason.

>forgetting Hellboy 2 and Incredible Hulk

>I was only 10 years old when my dad took me to see this

where does the time go lads

>tfw was 15 and super excited for my 2nd year of high school coming up