"I love to tease the fans online," he continued. "It drives them crazy. I'm sure Disney is not happy about it...

"I love to tease the fans online," he continued. "It drives them crazy. I'm sure Disney is not happy about it, but what are they gonna do, fire me? It's too late."

"How can you not have fun with it though? People say what was it like doing those movies, and we just laughed all day long," he recounted of his work on the space saga. He said that castmate Harrison Ford "was too cool for school" and Hamill joked that Ford would make an excellent director "if he wasn't so lazy." As the audience howled with laughter, Hamill suggested that part could be edited out later.

In all seriousness, he recounted the awe he remembers feeling at being on set of the first Star Wars movies. "I'd have this moment of self awareness: To my right is one of the most venerated actors of the 20th century, Sir Alec Guinness [who played Obi-Wan Kenobi in the original trilogy], to my left is an 8-foot guy in a dog costume wearing headphones," he said, laughing.

Of the enduring legacy of the films, he said when he read the script for the first film "it just hit me." "This is more like Wizard of Oz than traditional sci-fi, because 2001 is a stone-cold classic, but a laugh riot it ain't. And this one was so funny, it was on a human level," he explained, although he jokingly lamented "leave it to George Lucas to write a script where the robots get better lines than me."

Attached: this guy is on fire.jpg (833x672, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3S2zsCaOOmE
youtube.com/watch?v=8N5Lzq-F0qk
youtube.com/watch?v=cF3YB0k6D3E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixty_Million_Frenchmen_Can't_Be_Wrong
cbr.com/star-wars-luke-skywalker-girlfriend-tula-marvel/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also, has anyone else noticed just how much more educated Mark Hamill is compared to most modern actors, or really most people in general these days?

I was watching some interview he did with his ST castmates and he said something like "How many Frenchmen can be wrong?" and they all just seemed to completely blank and start laughing awkwardly like he was speaking gibberish to them. And it's not just because he's old, he was like this even in his younger days too. Smarter than the average bear.

That's because Mark Hamill has SOUL

They did Luke so fucking dirty. I wanted to some him come do some prequel shit. Fuck all you faggots that didn't

Attached: 1553139091185.png (1080x1073, 760K)

The sequels feel so inconsistent with the OT and the PT. Every single line in those movies manages to have this magic that makes it memorable years later, even inconsequential stuff like "power converters" or "fly casual." Yet despite being far more recent only a couple lines from the ST stick out, and they only stick out because they're so bad. They just feel so safe and manufactured, like they could come from any average blockbuster. They don't have that Star Wars feel to them.

>what are they gonna do, fire me?
Usually i think Mark is a fucking cuck but that is based as absolute hell.

>Usually i think Mark is a fucking cuck
Based on what?

Check his twitter and pick your poison.

So based on him having the balls to speak his mind? Weird definition of "cuck" you have.

It doesnt take balls to post comments on twitter, especially when your opinions fall in line with the rest of the public.

>It doesnt take balls to post comments on twitter
Unless you are Trump

>especially when your opinions fall in line with the rest of the public.
Apparently not considering how badly you're reacting to them. What's with you guys? When it's convenient for you to be the majority, you're the powerful ones and everyone agrees with you and you're winning and so on, but when it's not convenient, you're oppressed and everyone is against you and everyone is a zombie agreeing with the popular opinion.

>Oh no, he insulted daddy Trump
You are the cuck, user.

>he insulted muh fave star wars actor!!!
He's a liberal faggot, deal with it. These retards call us Nazis and we can't shit on them in return? Nah, fuck you

Mark has the mouse by the balls. The mouse knows a film with just the Disney OCs couldn't stand on its own.

>run out of arguments
>go no U
Go fellate Trump some more, bitchboy.

>actually using the fourth grade argument of "He started it!"

But I suppose a bunch of retards are going to call you "based" because you arbitrarily got some numbers and your post happens to agree with their idiotic beliefs.

Attached: everything was better when you were 12.gif (500x657, 101K)

Don't you have some fortnite to play?

Ironically enough I think Hamill actually posted this comic on his Twitter.

>dat reddit spacing
Don't you have some reddit threads to be upvoting?

Attached: 1530027333910.jpg (1024x1024, 89K)

>us
Go back.

Wasted digits, shame on you

May the based be with you.

>Also, has anyone else noticed just how much more educated Mark Hamill is compared to most modern actors, or really most people in general these days?
That's because Mark Hamill was educated during a period when the education system in the Anglosphere wasn't cucked and turned into this clownworld retardation it is today.
The list of the world's top universities and institutions needs to be burned, it ain't worth a shit anymore. You have institutions in that list banning sarcasm because hurtie feelies for Christ's sake.

Attached: Noblesse.jpg (315x415, 54K)

>clownworld
Stopped reading there. Although the anime image should have been the first red flag.

this, the ot dialogue was good and charming, the pt dialogue was bad but quaint and still charming, the st is just serviceable at best really

Covering your ears won't change reality infant.

Attached: 2019-04-18_123023.png (704x503, 482K)

Another user in a different thread out it perfectly. Big movies like this aren't just aimed at Americans and native English speakers. They're premiering and touring all over Asia and SA. Lines are written with translation in mind, that kills any hope for depth

Well, he's a lifelong California hippie.

You have to go back

You have no idea just how many farms there are in California.

>Australia
Who cares, retard?

>quints
What the fuck, I love Trump now.

He was born in the bay area you goddamn simp. Oakland and then San Diego by the time he was a teenager.

Meh good for him he's trolling the same people who trolled that Asian actress who played Rose and got shitty at her because Rian made shitty decisions.

>Tfw I'm white and tired of white guys blaming an Asian woman for a fault that was entirely another older white guys fault

>nation whose universities follow along the heels of Britbongs and Canadcucks and vice versa
>who cares
Those who want Mark Hamills educated generation back care. Those brainlets who don't, like yourself for instance, can keep honking.

He was an Army Brat, not a hippy

We, us, them?

Don't be a stupid bitch that dismisses valid points. Hamill is not actually doing anything that goes against the Company line. Some individuals here are just pointing that out. I mean you can google the articles to see he's got media support on whatever he's doing.

Let me know when he snaps and does something like say Disney uses toxic media tactics. Something that's true but he wouldn't have the balls to say.

This unfortunately isn't a new thing and even white guy actors get the blame foisted on them. It's ALWAYS the actor that receives the blame, never the director. Even though it's usually the director's fault.

So basically, he lived in a society?

>Let me know when he snaps and does something like say Disney uses toxic media tactics. Something that's true but he wouldn't have the balls to say.
youtube.com/watch?v=3S2zsCaOOmE

Inb4 complete silence.

mark got redpilled after hollywood stopped casting him because all people would see is luke skywalker. his most important role, one of the most important roles in cinema history....and now it's all trashed thanks to sequel trilogy.

hamill is a piece of shit. a basic bitch boomer that wanted "women in power" and now acts like a little bitch because his only memorable and relevant role was treated like garbage by the women and liberal men he love so much.

> "its like poetry. it rymes."

Attached: 1554353946311.jpg (600x387, 31K)

On the bright side, he's being cast again.

This is Mark Hamill's life. He didn't do shit after star wars. Harrison Ford had a great career. He is too cool for school.

yeah, just like harrison ford. LOL

nobody cast him because his face was despicable after that weird accident and because he got fat.

and since when this imbecile is redpilled?

he is just butthurt because disney fuck up the only memorable thing he ever did - fucked by the cool liberal kids that he love so much.

fuck him.

Attached: 1554671244583.jpg (600x836, 85K)

He's had a great career in voice acting.

True, but most people are brainlets who don't take voice acting seriously.

Attached: m,nn,n,.png (704x234, 33K)

Holy hell. Shut your fucking mouth /pol/tard, or I'll shut it for you.

>How many Frenchmen can be wrong

i dont get it

the voice of chuck on the remake of some stupid horror movie, wow, the guy is really back.

this poor guy life is being surrounded by those fat weirdos who look like james rolfe fake friends on conventions were a bunch of has been actors sit down on a table and ask "hey remember me?"

I don't think people think his voice acting compares to Harrison Ford's overall acting.

mark was referencing the orson welles commercial. the champagne one

Mark got a sweetheart deal with the first Star Wars film and made so much he never had to work again, he chose to move into voice acting because it's easier.

did you stop watching the new star wars trailer on a loop and finally enjoy the vacations, user?

Attached: 1554676331046.gif (200x148, 1.83M)

doing voices on cartoons is better than being an a list hollywood legend, thats why he wasnt excited at all to come back to star wars, imagining that he would be an important character.

Attached: 1554118714062.gif (320x240, 1.69M)

Guy starred in 3 of the biggest movies ever. Just decided to do voice acting from then on. Logical conclusion.

The only reason to watch the trailer on a loop is the track, the rest is dogshit.
John Williams' work is wasted and tarnished by the nu-Wars dogshit. The man deserves better.

>Us
Fuckin kek go back to r/thedonald

John Williams' sequel trilogy music isn't even that good. Don't get me wrong, the OT and PT music is good, but the ST music is completely phoned in.

youtube.com/watch?v=8N5Lzq-F0qk

This song by some dude I've never heard of was better than anything Williams composed for the ST.

Dunno about that. This take on Leia's theme is pretty damn patrician.
I know that composers usually have to be given inspiration by the screenwriters and writing itself projected via the Director to compose anything worth a shit, so i guess the big staff shifts following TLJ have reflected positively on his work. I think John just watched the incompetent shitshow during the past two movies and decided it wasn't worth it giving it his all. That's what happens when you demoralize everyone working on a project.

>tfw Mark Hamill never stuck around as voice of Wolverine
He was fucking great in Wolverine's Revenge

youtube.com/watch?v=cF3YB0k6D3E
>former Jedi Mark Hamill

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixty_Million_Frenchmen_Can't_Be_Wrong

The idea for the book came from the couple’s two-year stay in Paris from 1999 to 2001. In 1999, Jean-Benoît Nadeau received a grant from the Institute of Current World Affairs to study the French. The topic of study was: Why the French resist globalization. Two weeks after arriving in France the authors realized that the French were not resisting globalization at all. Jean-Benoît Nadeau wrote long reports to the foundation of his observations about France. Julie Barlow wrote a number of reports for the same institute.

Sixty Million Frenchmen Can’t Be Wrong answers the question that the authors struggled with during their two years in France: why do the French get so much flak for resisting globalization when they aren’t resisting it any more than other countries, including the United States?

You're drawing a lot of invalid conclusions from what I said.
The only thing I'm saying is that it's not brave or ballsy to repeat socially acceptable rhetoric on the internet.

>and vice versa
lol, you fuckwits still wear powder wigs

>"I"
>new IP
>suddenly not typing in lowercase
I may never know why you felt the need to leap to this guy's defense over something so trivial, but it's pretty pathetic.

>powder wigs
Westcuck faggotry present across the Anglocuck sphere including USA.
Even faggots in USA have students now telling teachers how they should teach and protesting tests as a format and demanding it be changed to home essays for final scores, while teachers are so cucked they open their buttholes for the students to fist. The entire Anglosphere's higher education is fucking Africa-tier now, including that of the rebellious child. Commit mass suicide.

Attached: 1321729181093.jpg (364x375, 13K)

And just because I don't want to let your stupidity stand unchallenged, let me also add that even the lowest, most unfavorable poll gives you idiots a sizable 30% of the population. As usual you're trying to create a scenario where you are simultaneously the scrappy underdogs and the unbeatable champions, when the fact of the matter is you have plenty of retards who consider YOUR rhetoric to be what's socially acceptable, and yet you claim you're being persecuted just because people dare you challenge you on your false claims. Keep acting like this and all you'll manage to do is push people away.

You forgot your honk meds

>we
>us
not even a liberal but you clearly don't belong here

Attached: 1475815240977.png (426x500, 368K)

>ot dialogue was good
>pt dialogue was bad
When are you brainlets going to realise that they're equally just as bad?

Actually they're equally good. George Lucas should write, that's his specialty.

I'm gonna need you to turn in your internet detective badge, user. Embarrassing.

I dont know who you think I am Mark, but I assure you that you have once again come to an invalid conclusion.
I also hope irony isn't lost on you.

>redditspacing r(e)/T_(r)D went silent

Attached: 1428862912888.png (413x395, 153K)

>le wrong generation
shut the fuck up dipshit

>doesn't post a screencap to disprove it because he knows the screencap would prove me right
As expected.

waste of digits
you're all alone
we all are

Hamill should have refused his role in TLJ after reading the script if he had any dignity. Absolutely weak and pathetic individual.

can what happened to Luke be considered the Trump Curse?

Maybe, just maybe, he didn't hate it as much as your favorite YouTube channel Geeks and Gamers claims he did?

>Trumptards are so desperate for a win that they actually believe in magic
Lol. I spend hours shitting on Trump and my life's great, where's my Trump curse?

This I love the OT but there is plenty of dialogue in it that sounds odd.

>trump curse
is that what they call a 13-year-old's asshole after Trump rapes them in it?

Attached: trump take it.jpg (240x240, 12K)

>trump curse

Attached: trump curse.jpg (1200x935, 298K)

Such as?

I dont indulge that type of non-argument.

In other words you can't prove it so you concede defeat.

>trump curse

Attached: trump university.jpg (630x420, 47K)

Youve abandoned your own argument in favor of accusing me of being two different posters, as if that would somehow invalidate what I said. Do you think having two people arguing against you instead of just one would somehow makes your position stronger?
Maybe you like to see yourself as the scrappy underdog and the unbeatable champion simultaneously?

Well, he's right, and he's almost 70. He has no fucks to give. He's gonna retire on the SW checks, and give the world a big middle finger. He might even keep doing the Joker stuff, for fun.

He knows it's over. I hope he starts opening up about them all at Lucas, he might be enough of a gentleman to wait until the movie is out, though. Unlike most of his peers, he has class.

I already countered your argument, you chose to simply ignore it because this samefagging rabbit hole was more convenient to you. You're an embarrassment to yourself and all you represent.

>what are they gonna do, fire me?
Nah, they'll kill you like they killed Carrie. :^)

>These retards call us Nazis
>actually caring about that
They can call me nazi all the want.

Attached: 1367359233323.jpg (200x200, 21K)

>Although the anime image should have been the first red flag
>getting mad at anime on Yea Forums

Attached: smug2.png (419x327, 293K)

>These retards call us Nazis and we can't shit on them in return?
This ain't your hugbox, nazi.

Attached: (you).jpg (768x1024, 118K)

Ha! How exactly did you counter what I said? By making the assumption that Im some kind of alt-right trump mouth-foamer? Even if that were true I fail to see how that is a valid counter-argument.
You also seem to have confused yourself as you are now accusing me of being a samefag when before you were saying I was two different posters! You are the one who tried to steer the argument in that direction anyway!
How can I continue to argue with you when you can't even keep your own thoughts straight?
I'm finished with you, if it makes you feel better you can tell yourself you won.

>Im

Sup reddit

>those thicc digits
Lewd

Attached: 1515856138605.jpg (540x511, 22K)

>Ha!
>all those exclamations marks
>I'm finished with you, if it makes you feel better you can tell yourself you won.
pretty gay writing style desu

Tragically underchecked

Attached: 1347439130747.jpg (323x293, 26K)

SNEED

based and redpilled

Oldfag here (mid-30s): I've gone back and watched the movies that came out when I was 12, and they are for the most part, terrible.

Writing is a lot better nowadays, even on shit-tier movies. Of course, there are amazing movies created in just about every time period, but they are the exception, not the rule.

I like the writing in old 60s movies though, everyone was much more polite back then.

Not to mention he’s constantly dunking on Trump. Very smart indeed.

Not hard to dunk on someone who pronounces brain as "ahbrain".

If he says something you think is relevant type it out you stupid bitch.

Watch the films.

>waiting 4 hours before responding in the desperate hope you would get the last word
Yikes. And it's not gonna happen.

I'm not going to defend the original Star Wars but writing has intentionally taken a massive dip in quality over the last decade so that movies can be exported to foreign markets. It's why the comedy genre has been dying, actual comedy doesn't translate well, only snappy quips

It's also led to people who just type massive run on sentences with comma after comma instead of stopping a sentence at the proper point.

A sensible person would assume that not everyone is here all the time, don't be proud of the fact that you have no life. But point stands, he toes the company line, he will still get work from Disney even if it's just flashbacks in films or marketing tours.

Actually your point doesn't stand because the video you refused to watch debunks it.

Checkmate.

What is with you, do you have no friends so you don't understand how not to behave.

Simmer down, incel. Simmer down. And yes.

That's not how this works, you could have been sensible and simply typed out the quote that you thought was relevant, or better yet some damning reaction that showed that Disney didn't like it. Maybe if I ever end up dealing with you again you'll use some sense.

It actually is, as long as you never watch that video you'll never be able to debunk me because you don't know what that video contains.

How do you think he sleeps at night knowing he ruined one of the most iconic, beloved, and inspirational characters in cinema history?

It's easy to make a
>HE SLEEPS JUST FINE ON A PILE OF CASH
comment, but if the man has any soul at all, he should feel at least an ounce of uncertainty about his decision to take Luke in that direction. It's not an exaggeration to say that generations of children grew up watching the original Star Wars trilogy in the decades since its release. Few movies had such a massive cultural impact as Star Wars, and Luke was at the center of it.

I'm sure Rian Johnson got paid handsomely for his work on Episode VIII, and I am also sure that he has surrounded himself with a bunch of far-left "yes men" who reassure him of everything he did, but he has to know that effectively destroyed a character that meant so much to so many people for such a long time. There's no way he doesn't know. I just wonder how he deals with it.

Attached: rian johnson.png (780x505, 481K)

I know people think he's some soulless monster because they want to hate him, but I did see him expressing worry about the movie's reception on Twitter before it was actually released. He genuinely wasn't sure if the critics were going to like it as much as they did.

>calling somebody a Nazi is bad in a fuckin 2019
fuck off cuck

You people are just as fucking pathetic as the Eric reaction guy. Rian didn't desecrate they empty tomb of Jesus Christ, he just took Luke in a different direction than you wanted him to. Fucking hell, grow a pair of balls. I don't think TLJ is that great but a lot of what happened with Luke in that movie had thematic depth to it, even if you disagree with the direction it went. It's not like he just shat on star wars on purpose.

I don't think he actually cares that much. He was put on the helm of one of the biggest franchises out there and all he could think was how to insert his imaginary high school crush and make everything unpredictable. TLJ is so on the nose with the fuck the past theme that it's obviously intentional. He knew what he was doing. Sure he mey have been a little worried before release but Disney made sure to not let things get out of hand.

>It's not like he just shat on star wars on purpose
You sure about that? Assuming he is not a bumbling idiot, having such dissonance with the original themes feels like an intentional move. He didn't just show a more grounded anti hero Luke, he went out of his way to ridicule him and completely break his character down.

Attached: LifeOfRian.jpg (1263x239, 165K)

Have you actually watched the documentary of TLJ? It disproves basically everything you said.

No it doesn't ridicule him. You are so fucking stupid.

You dominated this thread and the lib cucks are salty about it. Good work, user

Attached: 1555420333930.jpg (480x360, 29K)

You're losing. Deal with it.

>No it doesn't ridicule him.
*blocks your path*

Attached: Thala-siren-DK.png (536x712, 724K)

>Mark Hamill wanted to do something funny
>Rian gives him something funny to do
>people bitch and moan

I literally don't see the problem. It's not self apparent.

He literally said in his comment that it wasn't just down to Hamill being older. Learn to read.

As if you'd have done anything different, faggot.

Saying cuck over and over makes you seem stupid

>he's a cuck because he disagrees with me
Cool

t. Cuckazoid

>How many Frenchmen can be wrong?

I don't get it

Unironically yeah

You're correct but common sense has died long ago. Outrage culture and MUH SPECUL SNOWFLAKE have won and will continue to fuck things up.

>getting triggered by spacing

Yea Forums autism at it's best

oh, hi Mark!
what's new with you?

>faggots try to argue against a post blessed with quints
Stay salty cuck

Truly blessed by KEK! MEME MAGIC IS REAL! Get over yourself, retard. 2016 has been over for 3 years.

When people started actually believing in magic I knew this country was lost.

He ruined Luke but I hate like people act like he single handedly ruined Star Wars. Jew Jew did that and TFA lefts you nothing to actually work on.

Attached: 1555543511540.png (325x328, 265K)

did Luke Skywalker die a virgin in disney canon?

hamill is 100 times more based than harisson ford

cbr.com/star-wars-luke-skywalker-girlfriend-tula-marvel/

Apparently not.

Harrison Ford is a baneposter though.

Who was in the wrong here?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA

that sounds plausible, but of COURSE he was going to be in these fucking movies. Who were they going to cast to play Luke? Ethan Hawke?

QUINTS OF TRUTH

That could work, actually.

Please look at this, I want to see some angry reactions once people find out what Luke's girlfriend looks like.

But do they have MOISTURE farms?

He's right though. I doubt almost any of Harvard graduates today could even pass the admission test they had back when the university was established. Now, I'm not trying to sound elitist or anything, since I'm probably a retard too for being educated in the modern school system, but that's just how it is

>admission test
Universities don't have admission tests.

>Universities don't have admission tests.

Attached: 1493868710796.png (645x729, 63K)

Harvard used to have. Dunno if they have one these days since now it's more about whether you can pay the tuition.

He hates Trump so he's an idiot.

Cringe

>all these replies
Yea Forums is the easiest board to bait, jesus christ.

I like how Yea Forums suddenly stopped hating the prequels all of a sudden as if they hadn't ruined Star Wars already.

It's just like Lucas and his wife. Pottery at its finest.

>Quote from man fired: