I don't get it

I don't get it

Attached: 1546042521966.png (846x1048, 325K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aeQOJZ-QzBk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kane?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (716x768, 79K)

Attached: kame.jpg (217x179, 14K)

Watch it again when you're a grown up

Dude get rich, turns into a prick, dreams of his innocent childhood. It’s not that complex.

his sled was rosebud, why the fuck does this make it the GOAT?

you will

/thread

Used a ton of shot, editing, sound design and special effect tricks that had either never been done before or hadn't been done to that extent in movies before. You kinda have to watch another American studio picture that was made around that time to really get what was so special about Kane. There was nothing else like it at the time and due to various reasons it was overlooked and a bit forgotten on original release, gaining a cult following as the years went on (remember these were the days long before video) until it was eventually considered a masterpiece and was a huge inspiration for the film-makers of the late 60s/70s. As a result almost every innovative thing about the film has now been copied a million fucking times but it took a while for that to be the case.

Plot's basically about a man who wins everything in the world but looses his own soul in the process, hence Rosebud. At the end of his life all he wanted was his mother and innocence back. Simple message but well told. Also is an interesting look at the press in the early 20th century - particularly the yellow journalism of Pulitzer and especially William Randolph Hearst who was the main model for Kane and who famously went to war with Orson Welles over the picture: part of the reason why the film kinda tanked on its original release. Which hilariously proves the film right about what sleazy shits the yellow papers were.

>Citizen Kane is Tr*mp's favourite movie
DROPPED

I own memobilia from that movie.
I own the Cane from Citizen Kane.

>oxygen is trumps favorite gas
please drop that too

>yellow papers
do you have that yellow press political cartoon with the proto-chad vs virgin meme

Attached: 1552161184773.jpg (1680x1216, 599K)

Holy fuck, do memes originate from the Jungian concept of a collective unconscious?

You mean this?
>youtube.com/watch?v=aeQOJZ-QzBk
It's fucking funny. He nearly gets it. He's someone who's experienced the same wealth and power that Kane did and sees the sorrow inherent in it. But he doesn't fucking get the ending. His solution: "Get a better wife!"

Fucking brilliant.

BANE?

Attached: bane.jpg (500x500, 61K)

beauty = good, ugliness = evil is arguably the oldest meme of all time

I think you'll just find people haven't fucking changed since the end of Cavemen days. There's also this weird thing where the same idea can seemingly occur to two different people at the same time. It's hard to say why though, something in the air maybe? Maybe they're reacting to the same thing entering culture?

I'll put it like this the same day Alexander Graham Bell patented the telephone another guy (Elisha Gray) came into the same patent office an hour or two later with the same invention but it was too late. Hilariously Elisha had apparently invented the telephone years beforehand but didn't think it would be of any use so had sat on it until that day.

I think there's just some ideas that float around and some people are lucky enough to catch them and use their skills to make something with them.

same with calculus and evolution through natural selection

Based Trump

Also worth noting that Welles was a badass. He'd become famous by that point through radio where did a version of War of the Worlds. What was innovative about his version was that it told the story as a news broadcast, as if an alien invasion where actually happening. Kinda a precursor to found-footage Blair Witch shit. However as no one had heard anything like that before a shitload of Americans actually thought aliens where invading and ran out their houses in a mass panic. It was such a big story the next day even Hitler commented on it, saying Americans were fucking stupid.

The success of it got the attention of Hollywood and Welles was able to get probably the greatest contract the studio system ever gave a director: giving him full creative control. That's why Kane looks, sounds and feels like nothing else made at the time. Unfortunately the smear campaign W.R. Hearst did on the picture meant it wasn't a big hit and Welles never got full creative control ever again. The Magnificent Ambersons, his followup, was a far more ambitious and possibly revolutionary film. But the studio took it away from him in the editing booth and completely gutted and reworked the final act. As a result Welles never tried to make another complete masterpiece again. He kept making movies but they were never as good as Kane again.

The more things change the more they stay the same

he was like trump. to defeat the evil elites, hires evil elites; but they change him instead

I dunno that shot where the camera swoops up the building, goes through a tiny gap in the neon sign, phases through the skylight and then goes into a long take in one unbroken shot was still impressive to me. It's obvious now how they got the camera through the skylight, that's just a series of quick dissolves but the camera going through the tinniest gap in the sign blew my mind. How the fuck did they do that? Found out that the sign actually split in two once the camera got close enough. It's all magic tricks and stagecraft and misdirection. Very old school but still effective and in all honesty pretty impressive.