Is her character as horrible in the books as it is in the show?

Is her character as horrible in the books as it is in the show?

Attached: 1505828747-21879110-118140065536910-6003266550591651840-n.jpg (1080x1080, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QmKhGqWcJGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

perhaps even worse. her chapters are so fucking boring every time i turned the page and saw daenerys at the top i would audibly groan.

why is she so cute bros

worse, the writers left out all the shitty decisions she made and how badly they affected the cities of Astapor and Yunkai

Most characters are better in the books.

I think Euron might be the best example.
>in the books he's an old grizzled adventurer who has been gone in distant lands for years and has become some sort of warlock
>in the show he just drinks, talks about fucking and sails between Kings Landing and the Iron islands

She's more of 'bad guy' in the books but she's much deeper character than 'yaaasss slaaaay queeen' you have in the show

Attached: 1528724794737.jpg (748x720, 144K)

Showfags deserve the rope

Fuck everyone else ITT spoonfeeding this normie cunt

Who hurt you, user?

Attached: 1555037053649.png (645x773, 11K)

I'm literally rewatching GoT on season 3 on the episode with astapor or yunkai, and forgot how wretched and unlikable she is. I hope that most viewers feel the same way, and that the writers know that.(not in a way that captain marvel creators thought she's an inspiring character)

Hope in the ending she shares the fate of the mad king

after reading the books I can’t really blame anyone for not reading them after all the waffle GRRM leaves in the later books

yes actually its hard to blame the showrunners she was horrible from the start

>Turning a flawed character into a Mary Sue is somehow a good thing

based retard

The books are shit, you're not cool or deep.
>the more she shat

He also has some strange tall men fetish because alsmost every one who is in any special is described by his as some kind of 2m Übermensch.

She should've been the queen of the iron throne

Attached: 6d548fd0a7b9261de5be1c92112b70c8.jpg (640x962, 153K)

Pretty much, but at least with the books you can just skip over her chapters and not really miss anything.

Bunp

in the books her bad choices have consequences and also she goes on trippy desert dream journeys. much better than the show portrayal

do you think her pussy hair is red

Attached: 1486617151250.jpg (540x571, 49K)

No book her is better

Yeah but she shits herself in front of a dothraki horde so it's fine.

my pubes are red so maybe

muh secret club.

Her pubes are beautiful and she is the best character in season 3

This is Yea Forums not Yea Forums you absolute brainlet

he's a cuck user
just look at the fucking guy

As a ginger yes they are

>gatekeeping

In the books she's a clueless retard who ruins basically everything she touches. She's the opposite of her TV Mary Sue stronk womyn equivalent.

Bump

>the more she drank the more she shat

Yeah I'd say so.

Attached: cfv82v8ix9c21.jpg (1700x1408, 393K)

you are on a tv show board idiot

>>in the books he's an old grizzled adventurer who has been gone in distant lands for years and has become some sort of warlock

That's a funny way to say serial incest rapist, hallucination prone, priest boat building, mythical armor wearing, psychopathic, three eyed raven drop out seeking to bring about the end of the world due to demented funsies and unresolved trauma and mental illness.

Attached: 1555523135405.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

Danaerys fails so hard in the books that the 5th one ends with her naked, nearly dead and covered in her own shit because of all her mistakes. I think GRRM intended for the reader to be happy about her getting what she deserved. She's just crazy and useless.

In the show, they combined her character with Young Aegon and half of Jon Connington's character. Jorah Mormont gets the other half of Jon Connington's character. That's why she needs to be all baddass and competent.

the show and books would be much better if she disappeared after her dragons were born, her rise to power was only rumors and whispers, and then she suddenly reappears in Westeros with 3 giant fucking dragons and a nigger army, leaving everyone guessing whether she's turned into a mad queen or not. the details of her rise to power are so fucking dull and devoid of logic.

Attached: oc.jpg (1920x1080, 204K)

>believes the memes about the books
kek

>a nigger army
Lmao

Attached: iasip-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-2900438-375-500.jpg (375x500, 37K)

>that fucking pic

Attached: D70F9440-1D28-40CC-9F4E-D2A0E8EB2014.jpg (743x742, 143K)

Why do people watch things they hate and then complain about it on the internet?

Attached: huh.gif (236x224, 1.89M)

Her character is like 14 in the books. So her being a naieve temperamental retarded mess makes a little more sense. It's more embarrassing when they aged her up and she's supposed to be a grown woman.

No one wants a manlet for a protagonist user.

based

there is a sequence in the books where she unloads giant amounts of diahrea and throws up. all while her dragon watches

seriously

I've read the books 3 times and I still haven't read every Dany chapter so I haven't really read the books.
They're beyond boring.

In the books she's 13 and treated like a fuck puppet. Then she has to grow up extremely quickly to avoid being a fuck puppet, so she's 14 going on 20. For a 14 year old she does amazingly well (but maybe this shouldn't be counted because perahps the biggest flaw in ASoIaF is some characters are too young) but as a real leader she also makes huge mistakes.

The books respond in a naturalistic way to her failings, however, the responses by other characters are often easy to miss (because there are too few other perspective characters observing her) and delayed (IIRC her ruling of Mereen takes a book to be revealed as a clusterfuck of epic proportions).

So she's an insufferable character in isolation, but through her you see an interesting world, you can remember she's just trying her best and you can experience the Deep Politics of ASoIaF.

It's been ages since I read it but I think near the end of Dances with Dragons she's beginning to realise her flawed approach to ruling, her flawed assessments of her entourage, her flaws in general and I became a bit excited that her character would go through a radical change by necessity and start doing interesting things. But then her dragon nukes everyone and she shits her fucking guts out in the desert. Most likely the books will follow on from that point in a similar way to the show, but that's the exact worse way for her character to develop.

tl;dr
>Dany is supposed to be a shit, but she might have become good if she realised she should stay in Essos.

No, he just has a few larger than life characters like Brienne, Sandor, Gregor and Robert. Ned, Rob, Jon, Jaime, Stannis etc are positively represented but are fairly normal height.

Also why would a guy with a tall man fetish create one of the most well regarded and famous dwarf characters in recent history?

I only hate her, my lord. Not the show.

Not at all

If you read past the first chapter of the first book you deserve the fucking rope you tasteless cunt.

Slightly better

I think in the books she's the perfect example of a female leader in action.

No one wants child actors to play main parts.

She's the queen of my iron bone

She collapsed the economy of an entire region because she wanted to feel good about herself. This happened in the show too, but the writers whisked out of Mereen before she was actually confronted with her horrendous decisions.

She also betrayed the man who sold her her unsullied, even though this would mean no one should ever trust her word ever again.

I really hope she will die in the end.

Never forget: youtu.be/QmKhGqWcJGY

Attached: 1555401484290.jpg (792x1056, 168K)

She is just a regular high school girl on her way to become insane

>She's just crazy and useless.
She was useless cause she tried to reject her heritage throughout the whole book and only accepted it towards the end. I think there's a reason why she remembers the name of the girl that Dothraki murdered in book 1 that enraged her and she totally forgot the name of the girl the dragon burnt that made her try to become some compassionate mother figure.

>It's been ages since I read it but I think near the end of Dances with Dragons she's beginning to realise her flawed approach to ruling, her flawed assessments of her entourage, her flaws in general and I became a bit excited that her character would go through a radical change by necessity and start doing interesting things. But then her dragon nukes everyone and she shits her fucking guts out in the desert. Most likely the books will follow on from that point in a similar way to the show, but that's the exact worse way for her character to develop.
She basically rejected her Targaryen heritage throughout the book to try to become some compassionate mother figure, locked her her dragons, made compromises with the enemy she conquered, etc. and then decides to say fuck all of that and eventually embrace her heritage. Heritage seems to be a big part of the books. Ned specifically died cause he didn't fully grasp the meaning of winter is coming and Catelyn's whole character is the whole family, duty, honour thing.

>Ned, Rob, Jon, Jaime, Stannis
Jamie and Stannis are meant to be tall but not freakishly so, so like 6'2-6'4 range. They 'tower' over men of average height (which I think is what Jon, Ned, etc. are meant to be) but they aren't these giant freaks either.

that smiling dragon, kek.

>She betrayed a slave trader
Big whoop lmao

he obviously meant that book Dany is portrayed as worse, not that she was handled worse

Pretty much. The Meereen arc would have went down well if we actually got to read the climax and resolution. I like the hellish, apocalyptic scenario GRRM created and all the chaos following when Dany left on the dragon.

I mean Mereen was written around the American involvement in Iraq so it's no wonder he's written it into something even he can't disentangle now. It's laziness on the part of the writers to pretend that her troubles are over by negotiating a peace with Yunkai and Astapor by scaring them into submission, then barrelling off with those very dragons.

She still went back on her word. Also, she pretends she's freed the unsullied but they've always known servitude so it's no wonder they robotically stick to her. She's their owner now for all intents and porpoises (turtles).

Yes.

She has those Dothraki girls finger her in the books. Hot.

Have sex

Dany tier trash

in the books she's portrayed as a young woman in over her head who's constantly using the advice of the experienced men and women around her
she also has failures and setbacks

so no, in the books she's hardly as horrible as in the show

Especially a part that gets raped
arya and bran exist btw

with you?

stop posting, faggot

Nah. The prime example of book to show fuckery is Stannis.

>Books:No, I will have no burning of unbelievers. Half this army are unbelievers, if I do that they'll all desert. Tell the men to pray harder.
>Show Stannis: Hurr it's fucking cold up here. Let's burn my daughter, surely this will not backfire on me.

In the books she's a lot younger, and to be fair she's had a fairly traumatic run of things. The books lean a lot harder in the direction of "flawed, but with promise" than the show, which is gunning pretty hard for "flawless because she's female."

I don't see how that's relevant. Are you related to her?

It's the wrinkles

Attached: 1528923786559.png (305x440, 212K)