Should i watch shazam?

Attached: 20190417_231749.jpg (562x626, 160K)

no, and here's why

Idris Elba

No, it's fucking awful.

Yes it was fucking amazing

Probably better than any recent Marvel film. It borders on almost feeling like the Raimi films but lacks the bite and a well developed arc. Action scenes also suck ass.

you might enjoy it if youre 12

this is correct
the abundance and tone of the humor is reminiscent of a Nickelodeon show

wait for streaming. it's fine, nothing special. wasn't really worth the trip to see it in theaters imo.

Yes. It's a good movie.

Yeah it's actually really good

Only if you are capable of enjoying things and not so cynical that you go to watch movies just to see how much you hate them.

Yeah it's fun.

It's alright, but not great. If you read the opening of New 52 then you know most of the Shazam story already with changes to remove Black Adam from the comic storyline. It's more evident that two forces seemed to be at work. One wanting a more lighthearted movie and one more in-tune with the darker habits of the current DC movie line-up.

The Good: Zachary Levi fucking owns his scenes. They're a riot.

The Bad: Generic Mark Strong comes in once again. Stop casting him as a bad guy, it just doesn't work that well.

The Mix: Storyline is ok, acting is decent enough, but they don't really develop the non-Shazam characters very much. A shame as it would have strengthen the movie to give foster kids a more Goonies-vibe with being involved in the story.

The Disappointing: Grace Fulton is gorgeous and hardly gets anything to do. When Mary Marvel appears we replace a beautiful 22-year-old-pretending-to-be-18 with a fucking 40-year old meh. They could have easily just suited up Grace Fulton as Mary and Mary Marvel with the joke that unlike everyone else, Mary is already her perfect self but they miss the mark.

This.
I haven't seen an HONEST superhero movie in years. All the Marvel ones feel like a videogame or one of those 90's simulator rides where it's all prerendered flashy CGI. Shazam doesn't have nearly as many fights as the new movies do, which I think is a plus.

All of the actors were great. It might not be Nolan-tier capekino but it was fun.

Attached: 1555455603826.jpg (1200x779, 663K)

>Mary is already her perfect self

I hope they do this in the sequel.

Shut it fagboy

Attached: 3BF3FFE1-1AAD-4DBC-9DF8-C1B6F406961C.jpg (450x672, 28K)

Mike is the creator of "Loco Bandito"
James is a beta loser.
Ryan is an entrepreneur and alpha.

Attached: 1552837492315.jpg (1300x800, 235K)

Very well-put.

That's Darla, jackass.

Exactly

You understand that your reply still makes zero sense, right?

Attached: 1492378881615.gif (400x228, 1.47M)

I thought it was FUN

I'm watching right now. It's now great, but easily better than captain marvel.

>but easily better than captain marvel.
That isn't hard. One is a diamond-in-the-rough story and the other has zero development with an uninteresting lead/supporting cast.

Shame Aquaman gets a billion and Shazam gets the shaft for a huge payday. Brie Larson's was a lock for getting a high number no matter how bad it was.

I was really, really happy with Zach's performance in this. That wide-eyed, optimistic kid really shone through.

you mean the cripple?

Nah, Freddy was good too, but watching Billy just become almost completely uninhibited as Shazam was fantastic.

>delicious chocolate goddess with the innocence of a 8yo little girl
Darla confirmed for best Marvel girl

He cute

Hee hee haw...yes, you should.

Attached: 1555364918182 (2).png (331x204, 69K)

This, Had a time gap to fill today and saw this, wanted to watch "Us" instead but that did'nt play until 3 hours out.

It has its moments, Billy's mom being a piece of shit is a nice change of pace in capeshit, but they didn't really do anything with it. Also Freddy was lowkey getting on my nerves by the end of the movie.

Also, Ironically enough while Shazam seemed to get the "acting like a kid" well enough, Billy did not, creating a jarring difference between the two.

that's just looking for shit to complain about, it was fine

Its fine enough for DC super hero movie, but unless you watch movies once a week or more you could probably find something better to watch.

you should watch james and mike mondays

Attached: 1496531770432.webm (1920x1080, 843K)

>but they don't really develop the non-Shazam characters very much

this is what ruined the movie for me. too many scenes with the cripple and not enough interactions with the other kids.
I honestly didnt give a shit about them at all. it just made the last act of the movie just fucking pointless and less meaningful.

They actually did do something with Billy's mom. They revealed the real thing that makes Billy a viable candidate: his wisdom and forgiving nature. He doesn't freak out, throw a tantrum, or go full emo. He assesses the situation and knows in that instant that he'd been chasing a fantasy. He doesn't try to make it happen. He recognizes his mother's life for what it is - something he can't change. He realizes he truth he'd been avoiding - that he'd been pushing away true chances at happiness to chase a fantasy, and grasps the true nature of family.

That dudes penis is non ironically like 9 inches long

fucking based