How powerful is Gandalf really?

How powerful is Gandalf really?
He could have beaten Sauron?

Attached: 1555444493221.webm (480x360, 1.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a9PnCwcYPwY
pinside.com/pinball/map
youtube.com/watch?v=tQYM-Y1uZlE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZouiWmzWoY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's pretty fucking powerful, but he'd still lose to Sauron.
He is THE dark lord after all

Gandalf the white was the second most powerful being In middle earth, but Sauron was still the top banana.

In the book, Gandalf tells Pippin that he is the most powerful being he will ever meet, unless he meets Sauron.

If he's so powerful how come the most he does in the movies is punch some orcs with a staff?

Attached: eagles.png (1028x754, 742K)

Given what we know about Gandalf, if he could have fixed the state of the world by traveling in a straight line to Sauron and beating him, even if it killed Gandalf in the process, he would have done that immediately. Gandalf the Grey couldn't even beat Saruman.

gandalfs power isn't casting magic missile and shit, he's basically a demi god that guides the machinations of middle earth along with the other istar

It was Gimli.

> 'I thought Fangorn was dangerous.'
>'Dangerous!' cried Gandalf. 'And so am I, very dangerous: more dangerous than anything you will ever meet, unless you are brought alive before the seat of the Dark Lord.

He was strictly forbidden to act as an angel unless absolutely necessary (after he was sent back as Gandalf the white) as Gandalf the grey he didn’t even have that option, he was totally incarnate as a man.

me when niggers ask me for a buck

very good game

Full CHA build. He made a short speech to an aged king and the old fucker got so motivated he became younger by like 40 years. Absolute ridiculous CHA, no wonder all his other stats are meaningless.

This. He was never meant to be some cartoonish battle mage casting lightning bolts out his asshole. In Tolkien's world the wizards were a kind of deity or prophet figure that used knowledge and influence to shift the world in subtle ways. In theory his work would all be done without a soul ever seeing him cast a spell. He only does so in the books to demonstrate that he is powerful. In the movies, well, you have to have pew pew stuff.

>ACKTCHUALLY

He's a lieutenant of the dark lord and is kinda winging it since the true dark lord got his shit slapped a long ass time before the third age.

But yeah gandalf would still lose because he was restricted from using his full powers in middle earth. Otherwise they're supposedly the same type of being

just press W bro

Attached: Keeper_of_the_Light_icon.png (256x144, 52K)

Whe didn't he just do this during the siege of Gondor? He could have easily soloed the entire army. Was he holding back?

Why didn't Gandalf use this aoe attack in the movies? Could have saved a lot of time

Attached: patrick.jpg (512x368, 21K)

best game coming though

Attached: 1507314900140.jpg (372x500, 52K)

see

Could Gandalf defeat that other fallen angel - Mr. Bean?

Attached: 1412462823688.webm (608x448, 2.78M)

Actual best game coming through.
youtube.com/watch?v=a9PnCwcYPwY

Attached: Lord of the Rings pinball flyer back.jpg (638x823, 323K)

>Otherwise they're supposedly the same type of being
Sauron's been active a lot longer, too. The Big Eye in the Sky is max level. The Istari had to spawn into Middle Earth with nerfs lest they turn into Dark Lords themselves.

Nope. He was afraid of him and had to be talked into going to Middle Earth, according to Tolkien.

Gandalf wasn't there to fight him, anyway. He wasn't a melee class, he was more of a healer.

Find a lord of the rings or hobbit pinball machine to play near you on pinballmap.com or pinside.com/pinball/map

Attached: Hobbit pinball flyer and flowchart.jpg (2048x876, 728K)

This is the only good pinball machine I've ever actually played

They didn't wanna make the films look gay with magical spells flying around constantly.

thats what i dont get

as the grey he uses magic a lot, just not in a very useful way. not even talkin about the balrog but he lights a fire in moria and curses saruman and shit

I hand an irrational hatred for this character back when I played dota 2 (thank god im out btw). I would never play him and delighted in picking nyx to gank this faggot kotl over and over.

I only ever played maybe three games of The Hobbit and didn't really get into it. Fucking Jersey Jack and their deep games that need a fucking flow chart to understand the modes. Pirates is even worse but since my brother has one I like it better because I have a chance to put more time in.

Play more pinball

Attached: TNAwallpaper4K.jpg (1340x754, 110K)

I unironically look like him and have had the cops called to my residence once because someone thought I was a pedo. I wish i couod he famous like him so i wouldn't be treated this way.

>pinball machines
Fuckin nerds

Gandalf, Sauron, the Balrogs and possibly the eagles are all Maia which is Tolkien for angels/ demi gods. Gandalf is potentially as powerful as Sauron but he could never beat him. Eru forbbids him to do so and has sealed away his powers (and every other Istari for that matter) because the role of wizards in middle earth is to guide. To that end all the Istari look like old men since the moment they where sent to middle earth. If they looked like mighty warriors their powers would look like a threat (Sauron) and people would fear them.

>In the movies, well, you have to have pew pew stuff.
he doesn't really pew pew anything in the movies does he. he shoots some ray of light at the nazgul once to keep them away and turns his staff into a torch, that's it.

I loved playing KotL and delighted in being an annoying nigger during the laning phase.
Thought I also quit playing and thank God for that. Don't know how I managed to waste so much time in that crap.

I would make a movie in the vein of the one in which Hitler comes back in modenr times (Look Who's Back).
Someone manages to resurrect Tolkien.
First he is pissed because only od was supposed to do that.
Them, he discovers all the derivative works from his books. To the surprise of everyone, once he sees all that shit like in the OP, he becomes a huge weeb and decides to write another book full of over the top bullshit.

now kiss

> delighted in being an annoying nigger during the laning phase

You rat bastard lmao, that's why I hated him so much. So fuckin annoying in laning. Yeah I'm glad I played dota 2 it was so much fun, flaming people on voice chat was amazing fun too, but all good things must come to an end.

You’re an idiot pls kys

What game?

Except he doesn't. He discovers the one ring, unites the disparate races, frees a king from possession, resists corruption that claimed many of his peers, defeats the balrog and orchestrates the series of events that defeat the dark lord.

Dont forget the fireworks.

in the book he has a fireball fight with wolves

He has a fight with the riders on Weathertop, too.

This. Balrogs are maiar who maxxed their power at the price of losing what we would call their humanity. Gandalf couldn't 1v1 Sauron while remaining Gandalf. To do it he'd need to become like Sauron, who isn't even really a personality anymore.

Battle for middle earth 2

Sauron is like second tier Morgoth captain, first tier being Gothmog and Glaurung

Gandalf in his white form is more powerful than ringless Sauron; if he got his ring I guess Manwe the faggot would have to roll crap down from his mountain again

That's not a strict referral to power, but a clear allowance for the will to destroy at the least. Sauron doesn't give a single shit about anything that doesn't suit his will. Gandalf is amused by a lot of what doesn't suit his will, so long as it isn't evil, and he'll let lawful evil slide a lot of the time.

Mr. Beaner
you live in a clown world

Attached: 1555550579015.jpg (960x580, 48K)

He was turning pinecones into grenades.

Sauron was MAYBE in the top 5. Gandalf doesn't even make the honorable mentions. Did you even read the books?

Galadriel, Glorfindel, Tom Bombadil, who else would you put in the top 5 at the end of the 3rd age?

If Sauron won what would his tax policy be?

>most of it is just good diplomacy
Wizard of fucking Oz LMAO

shit bruh i dunno. that dude I guess

Attached: rohan dude.jpg (1898x840, 138K)

what fucking game is this

>zone out and don't realize the good time ended
Literally me.

BFME2

look into the video description, there is a link to download it for free

youtube.com/watch?v=tQYM-Y1uZlE

Attached: 2j0xfgi.png (715x428, 683K)

Full power Maiar Gandalf?
About the same as Sauron with the ring, so without his ring Sauron would get rekt.

Nerfed and sent to middle earth Gandalf?
He can't directly challenger Sauron, and would loose if he did so.

Technically a Balroq is a type of Maia and Gandalf was able to defeat it nerfed so it's safe to assume that he's pretty fucking powerful even when he's been nerfed by God.

Sauron is quite powerful too though, particularily when he has the ring.

He DID fistfight a Balrog while falling hundreds or thousands of feet

slavery will use to pay the taxes and fund the government

>don't tempt me with the ring frodo
>when i forced your uncle to come on an adventure with me, risking his life and introducing him to the one ring, i could never imagine this day
>gandalf, if i take the ring it will ruin my life
>that's a risk you'll have to take frodo i don't meddle in the affairs of middle earth
thanks gandalf

No, fag

Did you miss him swordfighting a Balrog for a week?

>hmm should we go by the Gap of Rohan, or by Moria? let's let an Hobbit who doesn't even know what any of those things are make the final call.

Attached: 22-gandalf-wedding-ian-mckellan.w710.h473.2x.jpg (1420x946, 112K)

Eru sent the Istari to Middle Earth with the charge of helping to keep Sauron in check and to usher in the age of Man. Eru's goal for Middle earth was for the beings who inhabited it (mostly men) to grow into their own and to learn to take care of their problems by themselves. The exact thing he didn't want was for his angels to solve everyone's problems with their magic because then they'd never learn to take care of themselves.

This is why when he sends the Istari to Middle Earth he binds their Angelic spirits to real mortal flesh bodies that limit their power. He didn't want them to just go fight Sauron with their Angel powers because then Middle Earth would just be another place where the Gods rule everything and fight all the time.

With that said, the Istari weren't forbidden from using magic at all, they were forbidden from using magic to solve the world's problems. Gandalf using magic to make cool fireworks or neato smoke rings or to light up the dark in Moria wasn't forbidden, none of that has any impact on the bigger picture. And they're even allowed to use very powerful magic if their lives are ever in danger, as we see when Gandalf the Grey fights the Balrog of Moria, Durin's Bane. Gandalf the White is able to use his magic to free Theoden from the grasp of Saruman because Saruman shouldn't be using his magic to do stuff like that in the first place, so Gandalf is only righting that wrong.

Tolkien didn't want him to be fully CGI

Could Durin's Bane rek Sauron? Afterall, Sauron is weak without the ring while Durin's Bane has been napping for centuries.

Attached: file.png (748x528, 580K)

without the ring yes
remember the ring only amplifies saurons power but he poured too much of himself into the rin that it leaves him weak without it

They really don't gauge strength like that post-Elendil but pre-Elendil no fucking chance.

muh heart of gold

And that goes for pre-Annatar too, which I figured I should mention.

who else here collected the trading cards growing up

Attached: lordwetacs.jpg (2229x2081, 276K)

Bane?

He lost to the witch-king of Angmar. So no, he could never beat Sauron.

>me vs capeshiters

Attached: 1554028766200.jpg (355x241, 40K)

yeah but the Witch King lost to Gnome Anne.

Are there any fantasy stories which are written with as much intricacy to subtle poetry and design in the world building philosophy as Lord of the Rings besides Dune? Everything else I've ever found was bargain-bin tier.

Mostly fantasy stories are creepy intricate sexual fantasies

> intricacy to subtle poetry

aka clichés and racism

>world building philosophy

aka pro Christian propaganda.

Here's your (you), goy. No I won't stream it even if you ask pretty please with sugar on top.

Attached: 1266952533215.jpg (256x256, 17K)

The Valar sent the wizards, not Eru. The Valar didn't want to cause Beleriand 2.0 by matching power with power again.

mr. bean is not a fallen angel. He's canonically an alien

Because his mission is to guide the peoples of Middle-Earth against Sauron, not to win the war for them. He can use his powers more freely in other cases, like with the Balrog.

He got btfo by the Witch-king of Angmar.

Attached: Wiki-armor.jpg (215x197, 11K)

durin's bane is a figure that in the mines acts as an obstacle to the fellowship in their mission of delivering the one ring to destruction so gandalf attempts to buy the safe escape of the allies by standing in the way of the monster but the difference in stature between them is quite clear the fire only hides the true outline like a aeroplane diving from the direction of the sun and like that attacking plane the balrog would severely injure an enemy on contact if you take into consideration an armwrestling contest with the balrog against any member of the fellowship the main physical consideration would be a suitable table to play on, the fellowship can play parlour games against itself on a normal table except maybe the hobbits but they can stand on their seats to put their elbow on the same level however the balrog would surely crush the table as in the movie you can see that the height of the balrog is many times taller than the races of the fellowship including gandalf really from gandalf's perspective the balrog must be quite sizeable and i think in the end you could say that he is a big guy

That's a really fucking stupid idea and I like it

Tolkien did like Lovecraft's ideas (and incorporated them in the form of the Watcher) so it's not that far off

no taxes.
just money printing, and low or negative interest rates.
you are not allowed to use any thing other than paper currency, and it must all go through the central banks.

We all know damn well that Elrond with his bodyguards could have wiped out all the orcs in the Misty Mountains as long as he does it before turn 40 when the advanced units get unlocked

As I understand it, one of the reasons his limitations were lifted against the Balrog was specifically because he was fighting another Maia. I believe his power quite literally fluctuates dependant on who he's forced to fight against.

>Forgive me master, but I have to go all out, just this once

Magic is finite in lotr so nobody really goes full out on it because it's something you can't get back.

>How powerful is Gandalf really?
Extremely.
>He could have beaten Sauron?
No, he plays by the rules.

People need to understand that Gandalf is restrained by rules set by Illuvatar and won't break them, which is why he is extremely restrained. Sauron is a Maiar as well, but he doesn't exactly restrain himself. Quite sure Gandalf the grey is not stronger than Sauron, but the white is. Also as someone sent by Illuvatar directly he would technically be as strong as he needs to be, if Illuvatar wanted him to fuck up Melkor he would be powerful enough to do so.

Attached: 846567458.jpg (600x599, 45K)

I definitely did, but I never saw those cards in my life. What deck is that?

Play Third Age: Divide and Conquer, you get to decide Aragorn's tax policy

Attached: 1537576733076.jpg (676x537, 72K)

He's obviously talking about the Third Age

He couldn't even beat Harry Potter. Different universes but the same in essence, Tolkien's mind was so governed by cliches and dead languages that he had no other style of writing. No discernible talent, literary fantasy flicks for manchildren. There are brainlets who disagree with this or argue for moderation, by the way.

Why even bother baiting if you're not going to put any effort in? What's the point?

You are very retarded.

why bother replying if you're already dismissing it as bait? On the other hand I was expecting this level of insight from an admitted reader (more likely viewer) of Tolkien/HP.
But surely Tolkien would have been just as popular without the movies! Surely it's a coincidence that the more immature medium of the film was also the more appropriate format for Tolkien's stories -- all conceived as children's books, by the way. Yeah, his popularity rests on his masterful prose and structured narrative, not on awesome fantasy (think Warhammer) or immature idealism (think romances).

Fuck off with this power level shit. LOTR is the antithesis of it.

I understand Sauron is more ancient than the Istari, right? So he might have gained more knowledge by the time the One Ring was about to be destroyed. And knowledge is power, so the Dark guy seems to be more powerful. He was powerful enough to successfully make Saruman his pawn and the latter literally kicked Gandalf's ass in his tower and who know what Gandalf could have done if it wasn't for the Eagle.

I thought glorfindel died

He got better

Where does The pipe king radagast rank?

below the less shitty wizards that might already be dead

Gandalf was kind of a superstitious dumbass. I mean the fucker added 3 unnecessary hobbits to the group just for shits and giggles and he refused to have more members because he wanted the numbers of the fellowship to match those of the nazgul. Because of this he (at least in the books) refused to let Glorfindel join the group, someone who was strong enough to 1v1 a Balrog.
Point is he probably decided to hear Frodo's advice because "Fate will guide us" or some shit

>because he wanted the numbers of the fellowship to match those of the nazgul
lol

In retrospect this game was kino as fuck.

There were serious political considerations for the next age after aragorn ousted equally-rightful rulers of gondor. Elves and dwarves were both going to be extinct for it.

I wish there was a third game.
BFME Reforged release when?

Nah mate. He would have pussed out like a bitch to the witch king

Ey man... you got a dolla’?

There is no superstition is a world where you personally know god. Gandalf is right to leave things up to Eru’s will, since that’s the only way things worked out in the end anyway

Gandalf couldn't beat Sauron even at full power. Sauron is the most powerful Maia by a large margin, just as Melkor was the most powerful Vala. Obviously even the weakest Noldor could bitchslap both with his cock. That faggot elf that Turin chased naked could probably beat up the Witch King.

Tolkein himself said Gandalf is a lesser Maia than Sauron

Sauron's half dead by the time gandalf rolls up

The Eagle Lord is probably up at the top 5. What the fuck would anyone be able to do to him and his bros? He could turn around and rip Gandalf to pieces if he wanted

jesus christ
(You) fuck off, leave lotr out of your pozzed fucking hands

This, Gandalf is actually one of the weakest ones.

Saruman at full power is stronger than the other wizards, and still cannot beat Third Age Sauron.
Gandalf the huwhite cannot beat Third Age Sauron.
Just reincarnate Huan and watch Sauron shit himself and run away.

>Gandalf the white was the second most powerful being In middle earth
Silly boys

Attached: galadriel.png (345x281, 142K)

How did they end on top of a mountain ?

Literally took the stairs.

>Sauron was the biggest cunt in Middle Earth

Imaging the rank of maiar powers in an astronomical way
Sauron is a black hole (not as big and massive as Morgoth tho)
Gandalf is perhaps just like our sun.
Maybe becoming white dwarf in the process

This thread just reminded me I need my annual LOTR re-watch thanks bros

Attached: 1542011143695.jpg (1000x750, 129K)

Is this in the Similarion because thats not mentioned in LOTR he doesn't really talk about it

>Tolkien did like Lovecraft's ideas (and incorporated them in the form of the Watcher)

proof?

Maiar power levels
1. Sauron
2. Osse
3. Melian
4. Gothmog
837. Gandalf

Very
No

Strong but weaker than Sauron. He was mostly chosen because he was a wise lad not power.

jesus christ

sauce?

based
this sounds like a LOTR ending i'd like to see
gandalf sacrificing everything "human" about him so that he can destroy Sauron, weakened by the destruction of one ring by frodo, once and for all.

>Gandalf is potentially as powerful
No, he's not its just fanfic that's cropped up Tolkein has said Gandalf is lesser than Sauron

Sauron is stronger, but if Gandalf had the Ring, as himself said to Frodo in The Fellowship, he would be extremely stronger and terrible, even worse than Sauron because he would be a benevolent ruler that would shape everything to his will in a far more insidious way than Morgoth and force people to do good (removing the entire point of free will that Eru gave to Men).

Oh no

>Full power Maiar Gandalf?
>About the same as Sauron with the ring

Where are you retards getting your information holy shit

no

>Obviously even the weakest Noldor could bitchslap both with his cock.

In terms of power-ranking the Elves are lesser than the Maiar. In exceptional circumstances they may manage to defeat the other (e.g. balrog captain being defeated at Gondolin) but that's the exception not the rule.

>Gandalf the white is stronger than sauron
nonono FUCKING REEEEE STOP SPOUTING THIS RUBBISH

LOTR is but unfortunately The Silmarillion is all Tolkein going full autism powerlevel bullshit

Quick question, what was the age rating for this trilogy? I am guessing PG for Fellowship and PG-13 for Two Towers and ROTK

Attached: 1464711418605.jpg (657x526, 62K)

>in retrospect
it was always kino

He'd need to harness the power of the ring to win, and even if he won he'd just become another dark lord

Because Tom Bombadil taught him smoking weed and being a jack ass is the best way to live life.

They're all rated PG-13 in the states, but they're rated the equivalent of NC-17 in Europe for the hardcore hobbit sex scene that was cut out of the domestic release.

they're both of the same rank theoretically considering they are both ainur directly under maiars but sauron has been collecting power and betrayed other ainur for it whereas gandalf has to do the lawful neutral thing.

wait! gandalf and sauron are maiar, under ainur

>You will never chill with tom and his wife and smoke weed and grow things into life.

hay bros cud super man beat bat man

Neither will Tom. There's nothing in the text to indicate he smokes pot.

> Three unnecessary hobbits
Sam is all they needed.

>gandalf sacrificing everything "human" about him so that he can destroy Sauron
This sounds like capeshit-tier plot user. Do you enjoy capeshit?

this, they are great childrens books though, just not epic myths like people pretend

No

>mfw I could blow the fuck out of Gandalf and Sauron together but meh.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZouiWmzWoY

Attached: Hildebrandt-Tom-Bombadil-copia.jpg (1012x526, 111K)

>CHA

mean charisma to anyone who hasnt accepted their fate of no sex

BFME is such a great game god damn. Reinstalling.

Attached: lord of the rings fellowship balrog.webm (870x358, 2.7M)

>taking the cartoon as canon

I never will.

This game is such kino
>assaulting Minas tirith with balrogs
>doing shit in OP pic with a squad of hero units only

>aUAUGHuhaghAUGHH
What did he mean by this

Actually, the game in OP is BFME 1. The superior one unless You are using Edain mod for 2.

Kill yourself liberal

1. Sauron isn't a balrog
2. Gandalf happily went toe to toe with Durin's bane, and was roughly equal power
Please refrain from commenting on LOTR lore if you haven't read the books

I think you could make the argument that he added those extra hobbits for Frodo's mental welbeing. The entire plan depended on the unusual mental resistance of hobbits to outside forces. It depended on keeping Frodo mentally strong and sharp. Adding hobbits just to cheer up Frodo on his journey was actually more important than any other supply or ally. Everything would be undone if Frodo became succumbed to the ring, and at the end Frodo was stripped of nearly all support and he DID succumb, which would have doomed the entire world if Gollum didn't successfully strip the ring from him in the next instant. The hobbit cheerleaders were actually important. Frodo managed without the elf warrior, without the dwarf warrior, without the human warrior, without the almighty wizard, and he failed at the end because of the loss of his hobbit cheerleaders. Sam did a good job but he was alone on the job.

Patrician

This looks like a shitty copy of Age of Mythology
Dont @ me

I'm a straight fight? No chance. Gandalf is very powerful but he struggled against Saruman who's about on the same level of power.
With the ring he could win the fight but he'd be corrupted that's why he's so afriad of it. Only a Hobbit can resist its power in the short-term. (The problem is when it becomes long-term which is why Bilbo struggled to give it away, and Frodo struggled to throw it away. He had it so long and the power of the ring grew with the return and rise of Sauron)
Gandalf's best ability is his power to strategise, especially on the fly. He sent the hobbits the long way round because he wanted them to basically take the back door into Mordor whilst the other party caused Sauron trouble to avert his gaze.
In the Hobbit, likewise, you see Gandalfs ability to set things in motion and almost manipulate probability in his favour.
The only person who can get close to it is Saruman which is why the dark lord turns him. Because Saruman is less confident, jealous of Gandalfs rapid prowess, and more reluctant to put faith into others to succeed. Which is why he'd see Gandalfs actions as ones done in blind faith and trust in fools.
He basically sided with what he believed to be the winning horse, and maybe if he got the chance, take over from him too.

yeah how the fuck did this shit happen?

Now THIS is taxation

Attached: GONDOR .jpg (1024x768, 436K)

That's a woman, my friend. Nearly all riders of ROhan in the Horsey scenes are women because PJ couldn't get enough guys with Horses, so they glued beards to Soccermoms with their Horses.

[laughs in Glorfindel]

childhood is thinking Tolkien wrote about Hitler enslaving Europe
adulthood is realizing Tolkien wrote it for Jews to help them be good hobbits and abandon usury

>BFME2
>Gloin gets Gandalf lvl10 spell with a different coat of paint.
>Dorfs are generally OP as fuck.
>Elves are shit.
>Goblins are shit
>Isengard is meh
>Mordor is lolorcs
>Men is a weird mixture of Rohan/Gondor and nerfed gandalf because loldorfs.

I barely watched the lotr films, but what about that spider demigod demon thingy

She seemed pretty strong

BFME War of the Ring campaign is still the best. Shame the game was unbalanced to shit, could have had a decent multiplayer scene, but playing evil factions was fucking painful.

Not that strong. Basically a giant animal with demonic ancestry.

dafuckdidijustread

Attached: 129258ff0.jpg (600x255, 45K)

>very high taxes in Hobbiton, low taxes and booming population in Bree
actually i can't remember if he's with Bree or Dunedain faction, playing Harad right now

You could spam literal infinite orcs as mordor. Learn to play offensively.

>Play War of the Ring mode
>conquest almost the half of the map
>somehow I still losing

Attached: 1554575263671.jpg (125x125, 2K)

That´s not how the ring works. The ring is Sauron´s escence, it betrays and deceives anyone that is not Sauron himself. When the ring promises power is just that, an empty promise, a lie just as the ones he told the elves, humans and dwarves when he gifted them the lesser rings. No one can actually wield the one ring as a weapon against Sauron.

As an individual yes, mostly because even though both of them are maia Gandalf is gimped and Sauron is buffed. Though i seem to recall Olorin being afraid of Sauron even before jorneying to middle earth. Fear does not necesarily means he is weaker thoguh but it is true that even amongst the Maia Sauron was somewhat fearsome.

Is this game any good? It looks neat.

Campaigns are pretty good
>Good campaign
>Evil Campaign
You can even play as the Big Spider on the cave

It was a little weird in that regard

Attached: 1551805853383.png (500x502, 234K)

Nah fully upgraded cav will destroy you entire base before you can react. Having walls is just too much of an advantage in a base race game.

Elves were not shit by the time the witch king expansion came out. Mirkwood archers + Noldor warriors could roll armies with proper positioning and upgrades

balrog pays taxes if you control moria

are a gay?
pretty powerfull i guess

In Tolkien's universe the most powerful deities have the power of speech. Eru Illúvatar literally sang the Arda into existence. Melkor literally sang tornadoes and earthquakes into existence. The only time movie is portraying this is when the fellowship stops at the mountain because the storm is unbearable and we see Saruman speaking in tongues. That is him literally asking the mountain to kill them and it is listening to him. In Two Towers when Rohan sieges the Orthanc in the book the only thing that stops all of the men killing each other is Gandalf because Saruman has been speaking to their hearts and Gandalf stops him with his own speech. Tolkien was a linguist after all, just speaks how much he loved it.

Good point.

Actually, it's bfme 2. You can see the builder icon on the bottom of the screen.

The campaign is basically what you play when you go back to the first one.

nice dubu

I mean he’s no Tom Bombadil

That's brilliant. GRRM eat your heart out

Who gives a fuck when trample exists. Literally only viable Mordor strat is to rush rush rush and hope the Rohan/Gondor player is shit

>manwe the faggot
Take that back you double nigger

BFME campaign is better to be honest

It's hard to beat the original movie missions.

he's richer and more powerful than both of you, sit down, be humble

He literally casts magic a bunch of times during the films at times when all the party members would die. Why didnt he use his knockdown spells or turn shit on fire like he did during the hobbit films during say minas tirith?

Have sex

Fucking lmao

Attached: Ra6Va3jzPz.jpg (650x650, 78K)

*ahem*

Attached: 4B9106B8-FFDF-4F1D-B945-C36C2A34849C.png (500x566, 130K)

This. Good times were had. Good times...were....had.

Attached: 1508365961120.jpg (480x480, 45K)

based game

goblins are the best in the game you retard , dwarves are also very good

i was young full of potential and i was a real chad at this time :(

what took you so long?