What does Yea Forums think of this film?

What does Yea Forums think of this film?

Attached: 12268664_1300x1733.jpg (1300x1733, 463K)

I think OP is a fag retard

What do YOU think of this film, OP?

Not as good as the new remake

My favorite movie

One of the tightest scripts and plots of all time. Excellent setting, great emphasis on atmosphere and solid acting all around. Pure kino start to finish

I think it's good and I feel bad for Carpenter that it wasn't a big success. But then I have to ask myself if it deserves to be a big success, and the doubt creeps in.

It wasn't a great or even a mild success at the time, and there was a lot of controversy about how gory it was. It really is an all-time classic movie though. Pure woman-free kino.

>Pure woman-free kino
Have sex, incel. On a slightly related note, the idea of Macready being a woman was thrown around a few times but ultimately rejected due to Kurt Russel being Kurt Russel, and another (female) member of the crew was supposed to exist, but written out before filming.

I think that ITS COLD OUTSIDE I'VE BEEN RUNNING FOR MILES,HELICOPTER TRAILING BEHIND...

One of the most overrated Yea Forums suggested movies

>overrated Yea Forums
was it too slow for you? not enough quips?

Carpenter is God

It's been on my "movies to marathon" list for years

Needs a cgi-heavy remake

Attached: Trollface.jpg (469x428, 87K)

Watched it yesterday for the firs time, absolute fucking kino

It's my all time favorite.

It already got one.

rewatched it last year, the effects hold up awesome. good puppetry will always beat cgi.

The ending was a bit ropey

Watch it pretty much once every 6 months or so. Never gets old, and I always notice something new.

But it wasn't a remake was it? Wasn't it a prequel?

Oh wait, maybe you meant that the 80's one was a remake cause in that case you're correct since it's a remake of the 1951 film. The 2011 one however is a prequel to the 1982 film.

It really makes you thing

Attached: 1452008124454.png (563x542, 260K)

an editing abomination

Attached: o2zdssi8061v9nirho6_1280.jpg (1280x951, 185K)

Some of the best practical effects of all time plus prime Kurt Russell.

one good scene rest is boring

anti-climactic as fuck

>The thing 2: thing harder

I love it. Listening to Carpenter's commentary was very interesting to.

Im happy to see that even Yea Forums agrees that this movie is superb. Sadly the ending could be a bit better.

Attached: 911.jpg (1312x2000, 289K)

I love horror and always thought it looked too old to enjoy but the Yea Forums memes got to me and when I finally watched it I was creeped the fuck out
Great everything honestly and im looking forward to rewatching it on halloween more than any other scary movie

Attached: 1554944372819.gif (225x240, 1.98M)

the 2011 version sucked
or w/e it was released, it was cancer, the original is just very very outdated, only carpenter's cut holds up.

No, that would be The Void. A similar but completely inferior movie.

>using coolface as a reaction in this day and age

How are your 30's treating you?

it's a 10/10