Was this movie made for reddit?

Was this movie made for reddit?

Attached: hero_EB19990711REVIEWS08907110301AR.jpg (1200x500, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Plenty of quips but no colors.

I didn't like it.

I've never been to reddit so I don't know. Obviously you've been there so could you do me a favor and explain what makes Reddit so Reddit?

No.
Shit thread.
Kill yourself.

It's the comedy nobody really finds funny but everyone pretends to like

The upvote system. Even though Yea Forums is a shithole general content wise, you can still have good discussion because pretty much everyone here gets off on conflict & arguing.
Reddit is about agreeing or respectfully disagreeing which is pretty fucking gay.

>YOU CAN'T FIGHT IN HERE THIS IS THE WAR ROOM
it had some good lines but yeah you're better off watching Blazing Saddles, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, or Airplane! if you want to enjoy some classic comedy.

I think plebbitors ironically like it. There are actual kinophiles like myself who believe it’s the best war satire of all time.

It's a funny movie but not the kind that has a lot of punchlines. As far as satire goes it's more on the serious side

>1964 film
>reddit
kill yourself, you goddamn faggot

There’s a TON of innuendo throughout the movie (President Muff-ly, General Turgid-son, Bat Guano [bat shit])

You don’t gotta be a chad to know what pic related means

Attached: 6740269D-AF42-4625-A472-1AC03BC47260.jpg (1080x649, 170K)

sex?

I legitimately like it and think it's funny.

Yo nigguh my girlfriend and her mom like this movie and I want to watch it with them

Siiiiiiiick

>Reddit is about agreeing or respectfully disagreeing which is pretty fucking gay.

Why does that sound better to me? Like, that's how things should be.

>>>/reddit.com/

GTFO redditfag

How does one define a movie as being reddit, or more importantly what isn't? Has always just seemed like a lazy way to dismiss anything you dislike.

Attached: DSoHILtSW&LtB-AFD.webm (800x482, 2.86M)

Then go.
We're here to banter, not jerk each other off.

i recently saw this with my dad and he thought it was profound

i wanted to find it funny but felt it was entirely believe-able

Redditors like it to seem more complex than they actually are. I like it because it’s extremely well put together, comfy, and Cold War kino.

>Blazing Saddles

Attached: 1476753717328.jpg (1033x679, 168K)

I love it fuck you

How would you know?

Attached: Director Stanley Kubrick directs an outtake of a custard pie fight in Dr. Strangelove, 1963.jpg (1000x694, 400K)

The first time I watched it I didn't realise it was a comedy. I just thought it was kind of quirky, the plot is a very serious topic and all. Am I autistic?

it takes two viewings to digest the humor because the first viewing is just trying to process all the nuclear procedure buttons and switches and you can't tell if you're actually supposed to be processing what is going on in the plane or laughing at the commander's personality

this
fucking idiots on here, i swear

Most of the movie hasn't aged too well but two things stick out, the "no fighting in the war room" line, and especially Kong's descent into absolute destruction atop a nuclear bomb

In fact, I've long since decided that if I were forced to choose how to die, for some reason, it would be in Kong's fashion, with a cowboy hat, yeehawing my way through this world straight into the next one

lol this fucking redditor

It’s more of a satire than a comedy. Satires are necessarily meant to be funny.

Sounds like you're a pseud that makes baseless judgments to feel superior to everyone else.

What the fuck does that have to do with Dr Strangelove, you fucking retard? I wish I could smear a fistful of shit right in your face right now, you fucking retard.

What it has some good characters and good moments. It's not the best comedy ever made but it's also not a stinker.

Because you need to leave.

If this qualifies as reddit tier than it's a testament to the quality of reddit.

OP confirmed for deviated prevert

Every other movie on the Imdb Top 250 basically

putting reddit in the OP should be bannable

what are you some kind of prevert

Peace is our profession

Honestly, how many of those have you watched? And how many of those have you avoided by the personal rational that they are reddit? Don't lie, or at least stop.

Under Lemay, that was always a bad joke.

mods, ban please

The movie is all about sex from the opening credits with planes coupling to the ending with nuclear orgasms occurring all over the world
Lionel Mandrake - mandrake was believed to be an aphrodisiac
Ripper goes crazy because he has a limp dick and is afraid of losing his jizz
Kong rides the bomb like a giant dick
Strangelove's hand keeps getting erect at random moments

And one of the titles Kubrick brainstormed was Dr. Strangelove and his Nuclear Wisemen

Attached: Stanley Kubrick is immune to bitches.png (1031x785, 1.54M)

It's a great satire.
I found it very funny and my dad loves it, infact it's his favourite kubrick film

Actually now that you mention it, shawshank redemption is probably the most reddity movie of all time, last I checked it was number one on that site for no discernibly good reason

Why was it in black and white?