Claims Tolkien was a monarchist because his characters are too perfect and there is no talk about taxes and other...

>Claims Tolkien was a monarchist because his characters are too perfect and there is no talk about taxes and other boring shit
>Main heroes of his epic saga are an incestual royal couple
What did the fatso mean by this?

Attached: georgerrmartinemmy-1068x492.jpg (1068x492, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bl.uk/magna-carta/articles/britains-unwritten-constitution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GRRM claims Tolkien was a monarchist because Tolkien was a vocal supporter of monarchism. Tolkien believed that somehow a good monarchy was a freer society than a democracy. How he believed you could ensure a good monarchy, and not one that would be tyrannical, I don’t know, but that’s what he believed.

George seems like guy who's really up his own ass at times. But I guess the same is true of everyone

Fat pink mast

Source? Tolkien was more like an anarcho-primitivist, the Hobbits are closer to his vision of a perfect life.

He's a limp wristed pussy, and has been all his life. "His" story was pretty much ripped off from a combination of historical events and daytime soap opera.

Trash.

You’re close here. I think he was obviously partly inspired by tolstoy, he was a christian anarchist for sure

sunset found her

HER CUNT BECAME THE WORLD

Attached: fl-fea-jazz-jennings-gets-surgery-complications-20190128[1].jpg (656x369, 40K)

>…the proper study of Man is anything but Man; and the most improper job of any man, even saints (who at any rate were at least unwilling to take it on), is bossing other men…
Based Jolkien Rolkien

Tolkien was a pretty brilliant guy.

>bossing other men
"Men" don't "boss" other men. That's what women and beta faggots do.

Men LEAD other men.

What was Aragorns policy on city wide sanitation?

the more she taxed and raised the minimum wage, the less jobs there were for the people and the less she collected

Yes, if we, or Tolkien, lived in a time when the leaders of nations actually led their men in anything. But they are bureaucrats, not leaders in anything but name.

You're right, but so is he. From a letter to his son during World War 2

>My political opinions lean more and more to Anarchy (philosophically understood, meaning abolition of control not whiskered men with bombs) – or to ‘unconstitutional’ Monarchy. I would arrest anybody who uses the word State (in any sense other than the inanimate realm of England and its inhabitants, a thing that has neither power, rights nor mind); and after a chance of recantation, execute them if they remained obstinate! If we could get back to personal names, it would do a lot of good. Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people. If people were in the habit of referring to ‘King George’s council, Winston and his gang’, it would go a long way to clearing thought, and reducing the frightful landslide into Theyocracy. Anyway the proper study of Man is anything but Man; and the most improper job of any man, even saints (who at any rate were at least unwilling to take it on), is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.

>I would arrest anybody who uses the word State (in any sense other than the inanimate realm of England and its inhabitants, a thing that has neither power, rights nor mind); and after a chance of recantation, execute them if they remained obstinate!
Based

Wtf is an unconstitutional monarchy.

are you dumb? it means there the king has final say on everything regardless of what people think

Monarchy without a constitution.
Britain is a constitutional monarchy where there is a monarch but he/she is limited by a constitution and parliament.

Not necessarily. Even without a constitution a monarch can still be at the whims of a powerful noble class and in some historical monarchies, that noble class even elected the king (Poland). Absolute monarchism is when a monarch has the total final say.

It’s fine to argue that ASOIAF isn’t as high lit as LOTR, but acting like GRRM doesn’t thrive at writing compelling political dynamics or that he doesn’t understand the realities of the things he writes about is pure pretentious bullshit. Those are the two areas where he excels and people claiming otherwise know they’re just being contrarian.

>Britain is a constitutional...

Attached: sweetie....webm (404x368, 2.2M)

>Characters are too likeable
I'd rather have likeable characters than have likeable characters turn into annoying douchebags or dead. No good character survives without turning into a faggot cunt or just regular dying in GRRM's work

Be nice if he FINISHED. Fuck that lazy shiftless nigger tired fat fuck.

Which word are you having trouble with? 'Constitutional' or 'monarchy?'

If you know how GRRM feels about Tolkien you should know how he feels about historical drama and hundreds of IRL royal families were inbred.

>7 seasons and dany still hasn't declared her tax policy

Could you link to Britain's constitution please?

>Fouler, moon, shat, thirst, shat, etc.

Same as the Dothraki tax policy.
2 live stock every month or she gets to rape your kids.

not to mention her tax returns were never made public.

Read up, kiddo: bl.uk/magna-carta/articles/britains-unwritten-constitution
The term 'constitutional monarchy' is a pretty common one when referring to the UK's system of government. In fact, I'd say 100% of the educated population uses that term.

>when you try to call someone retarded and accidentally out yourself as a retard
Yikes...

The difference is thay both Dany and Jon are incompetent pieces of shit and living under them is no paradise. Dany turned Mereen into an unstable, economically bankrupt and disease-ridden hellhole. Jon has more or less quit on every responsibility he has been given, and will more than likely be an "off-hands" King who leaves everything to his Hand and council. So pretty much a repeat of Robert Baratheon.

In comparison, life under Aragorn is the best you could hope for besides time traveling back to a previous age.

>it's a constitutional monarchy because people say so, even though it doesn't have a constitution
Next you'll tell me it's a democracy

>it's a constitutional monarchy because people say so
Everybody but you, sweetheart.

>There isn't a thing you can point to called "the constitution" therefore there isn't one
Americlaps

>why is 99.9999999999% of the populations definition of a term more valid than one retards?
It's a mystery...

No lies detected.

What was Aragorn's policy on the childhood obesity epidemic?

This fat faggot is simply jealous that Tolkien created the whole fantasy genre. Tolkien still has books coming out half a century after his death, while this fat fingered grease drizzling cuck can’t finish a book in 8 years while having multiple editors working with him.

Magna carta outdates mutt “freedom”

FINISH THE BOOKS BEFORE YOU DIE OF FAT YOU LAZY FUCK

oi howd aragorns accountants calculate their accounts receivables?

i'm mostly-unironically a monarchist, life would be great when there was a good one and exciting with a bad one. good ones would last forever thanks to health care and bad ones probably would get assassinated if they were that bad

>it's the 1940's version of an ancap fag

I find it fascinating how much faggots get offended by everything, but a tv show about rape, incest, torture, that's a-okay.
If Game of Thrones was a video game, all the same dorks that watch it would be shitting on it

nothing in that entire series rings true you big fat pleb. like somebody else said it's a soap opera with a bit of war of the roses thrown in and some dragons/magic

I'd agree if GRRM's criticisms didn't make perfect sense.

are taxfags the new fedoras? his criticisms are fucking retarded

There's a bit of truth to that.

You got utterly btfo. Hold that L, faggot.

That fat coward wouldnt have a career if tolkien was still around writting books

no u

How can you not see that high fantasy is about ideologies and concepts while low fantasy is about more down to earth subjects like taxes and whores. That's all he's saying.

Actually read LOTR. Tolkien cares way more about minute details and daily life than the big fights. He spends pages describing flowers and shit, ages going on about folk lore of certain areas and how people live. He’s way more in tune with the reality of daily life than GRRM