Is this any good...

Is this any good? I've been decently pleased with Chazelle so far and obviously I love Gosling but not sure I'll like it if it's one of those "famous person but they don't do the famous thing" sort of deals.

Attached: First-Man-poster-4.jpg (765x1134, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_H20GUvUfl4
youtube.com/watch?v=v7L0jHqVUg0
youtu.be/zcev7yEPeF8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, extremely good.
If you're not a woman, that is.

Attached: c beams.webm (1000x418, 3M)

Yes.

It is very good.

>"famous person but they don't do the famous thing"
Not sure what you mean by this but he walks on the moon, pretty good part of the movie too. Certainly worth watching.

Its based. Almost no non-whites in it and only 5 minutes of anti-white agitprop.

it's a good movie and a solid pleb filter

this pleases me

Attached: 1529332793872.jpg (316x432, 134K)

He means that Goslings Armstrong didn't plant the american fucking flag. And what Ryan had to say about it is borderline retarded

KINO of 2018

Armstrong is not at all famous for planting the flag. The entire event of planting the flag is not famous at all, have you ever even seen the footage of it? Literally just Neil and Buzz fumbling around for 10 minutes youtube.com/watch?v=_H20GUvUfl4

Neil is famous for his words and being the first one to step on the Moon.

I'm just explaining what OP probably means, because that stuff sparked bit of controversy amongst viewers. Especially what Gosling said about it.

Only for retarded boomers who need masturbatory flag imagery and actually give a shit what the actor says outside of the film.

Oh God you're still on about this? Why waste so much time on this boring topic. We had a similar thread yesterday and it was about more general space-related stuff. It was good. I forgot to check the forums otherwise I'd know that we lost another astronaut that day. This time Owen Garriott, group 4, scientist on Skylab 3. With his family he was also involved in the gaming industry. First deceased NASA astronaut of 2019 now there are only 22 left of that classic period. No one cares but it felt right to at least mention this.

Attached: Owen Garriott (1930-2019) (G4).jpg (75x97, 3K)

The funniest part of it all is that the film is filled with patriotic American flag imagery

Attached: first.man.2018.proper.1080p.bluray.x264-drones.mkv_snapshot_00.48.08_.jpg (1917x809, 374K)

It was full of ideal-America type imagery and the flag on the moon was clearly present. The idiots were just looking for something to whine about.

Attached: flag is right there.jpg (1920x1080, 236K)

I almost went to see it twice. The movie is more than about just getting to the moon

Also some great tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=v7L0jHqVUg0
37:35

Scary space. Limits set by history prevented them from going overboard to be nothing but the spectacle.

Definitely check it out
It really focuses on who Neil was as a person, instead of being a cinematic book report like most historical dramas tend to be
It's a lot less "and this important thing happened which means this important thing happened give us an Oscar" and more "this happened, and here's how it affected him going forward." It just feels like a really personal story that everyone involved had genuine passion for
Ryan, Claire Foy, Chazelle all did a great job with this movie
One of my favorites from 2018 desu

It barely made its money back. That Oscar probably helped a bit. I'm not sure about the home release numbers. We shouldn't expect another movie like that for a while.

I saw it in the theater, and it was well worth it. Really hope it gets more of a following later on.
Tbh, I assumed Infinity War would get the Oscar, but this got some well-deserved recognition, so I can't complain

You're right, tho, it's gonna be a while before we get something on this level again

>mfw Whitey on the Moon is being sung outside of the Vehicle Assembly Building which has the largest flag in the world painted on it, and you can see it

Attached: AHAHAHA.png (468x420, 396K)

I wasn't alive back then so it was nice to feel like I was on the right side of history while living through the film

Yes

Shitty movie with terrible direction and deplorable unnecessary shaky cam. Disappointed. Will continue to avoid such perfunctory biopics in the future.

Mostly everything that Ryan touches is kino.

Very good movie. It focuses on Neil as a person, not the program itself. The music was fantastic, too, I highly recoommend the movie.
youtu.be/zcev7yEPeF8

>SMASHES MASTER ALERT

THIRTY PERCENT FUEL. TWENTY. TEN. FIVE PERCENT.
That first swell of the music as their coming in is fuckin' amazing, I couldn't help but grin when I watched it in the cinema, fuck.

*they're

>I couldn't help but grin when I watched it in the cinema, fuck
you sound like a tub of lard, fucking mouth breathing ham planet.
you people have terrible taste. This film is fucking atrocious.

Look everybody I dissent!! I dissent!!

Have sex.

Good, but not great. Definitely worth seeing.

a canadian wrote this post

Attached: 39b.jpg (517x650, 67K)

Charlie Duke "returned" to his role as the Apollo 11 capcom and recorded new lines after 50 years.
He was also one of the moonwalkers.

Jason Clarke broke my heart, it was like someone who was slowly trying to get into Neil's heart and then

Oh, shit, nice. When you hear the real Neil's voice as he steps down and onto the surface, you also really hear how well Gosling did, I think he really captured his tone of voice, accent, way of speaking.

Bumping this cuz First man was an amazing film that also whouldve been at the oscars. baka watch it though,

I loved it, there was an article, might have been on wired, for people like me pondering how close the movie was to the facts and is scary how close it is, it really puts a whole new perspective on his person, I enjoy "the right stuff", but the characters feel like they have been seen only at a surface level, there is a showcase of imperfections that lets you familiarize more with his alienation, also oddly enough, it has a similarity to Whiplash and La La Land, where the movie indirectly makes you ask if it was all worth it? If the hero's destination was the correct one or was it achieved in the right way.
I am glad they did not dub it even on the international market.

I loved it. Usually Gosling is kind of a turd actor in my opinion, but his style fit this role perfectly. It was always mindblowing reading that pretty much all of it was true. Never realized Armstrong was a badass.

its kino and im not even american

reminder that the navigation computer on the CSM's used for the Apollo missions is one of the most ingenious and amazing machines ever built and it's literally a fucking miracle that they somehow designed and developed it in the 1960s

Starring

Ryan Gosling First & Claire Foy Man

The DKSY looks like it's from 1986, not 1966.

Attached: apollo-dsky-replica.jpg (771x1024, 176K)

>Integrated Circuits? they haven't been invented yet. Let's just WEAVE THE PROGRAMMING INTO A FUCKING BOARD

Attached: Agc_rope.jpg (664x420, 435K)

Looks like something that can take you back to 1955. Those computers were relatively strong but still calculators compared to what we have today but it was difficult to notice with many years of stagnation. Now it's extremely busy will all the countries and private companies coming up with new technology.