Why was Alec Guinness such a bitter cunt

I mean I get he didn't liked the role but living the rest of his life bitter that he couldn't deliver a more memorable caracter than old space hermit despite the clout makes me think there was something else, did he get shafted from some money?
Also similar case with Ford I guess, seems the only actor that enjoyed working there was McDiarmid and nuwars is probably going todo ruin that

Attached: images (2) (1).jpg (736x417, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BGag8Qllgnw
youtube.com/watch?v=8PaAl51TV1o
youtube.com/watch?v=7T2WrnFzepw&list=PL4WTi-VqPs-cY_YEPKhSkcpeuhqtshSqU&index=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

im actually excited to see Sheev again. Whats the worst they can do? They will probably just bring him back as a force ghost pulling the strings to everything for one last ride and then just banish him back to the shadow realm. Im ok with that.

The sequel trilogy isnt even really star wars its just a shitty corporate SJW fanfic

Mark enjoyed playing Luke in the first films. It is clear that he was disgusting by the way they treated luke in the sequels

martians are assholes
it's ok tho they bald early and grills dont like them

Star wars is for children

>be an amazing shakespearian actor with a godlike filmography
>remembered for being an old space wizard that immediately dies
I'd be butthurt too

Obi-Wan is still a great role though. he's basically space Gandalf.

no one care about your asinine and empirically inaccurate opinions

Probably because Star Wars was always shit and he knew it

Obi-Wan is just an old wizard archetype right down to the robe. He's a nothing character

I liked when he played Charles I

He has been in dozens of actual kino that are far better than Star Wars. You’d be bitter too if you were remembered for your performance in a children’s movie versus many respected and acclaimed performances throughout your life.

Then why'd he take the role lmao

>bitter that he couldn't deliver a more >memorable character than old space hermit

He did in Bridge on the River Kwai. Problem was that fat fucks who never watched anything other than Star Wars way too goddamn much would constantly ask him about Obi-Wan

manchildren count as children

>this genre fiction kiddie character is just like this other genre fiction kiddie character!
Top soi

You should understand, being a bitter cunt yourself

He didn't hate Star Wars, he just hated proto-numales who would go on to become the type who only watch/read nuwars/harry potter/capeshit and no actual literature and he was completely right.

because it's a shit movie and he did it for the paycheck?

>force ghost
Sith and Dark Side users cannot become Force ghosts. In fact, only Qui Gon, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Luke can. What we'll likely see is a holocron hologram, or a Force vision. They can "haunt" a location, in a way, by leaving residual Dark side Force energy.

He plays Prince Faisal of Iraq in Lawrence of Arabia, infinitely more kino than Star Wars, however most normies won't even know what it is.

He got shafted for money in the most Fuck No way possible. Lucas initially promised him 3% of the profits to appear in the movie but later dropped that to 2.5 or 2%. I can’t remember.

That one percent made a huge difference ultimately but only because 1% alone would make you an immensely wealthy man. For very little work. He had little to actually complain about and he didn’t he jokes about in interviews available on Youtube (Parkinson i think).

Really he was just pretentious and foresaw the manchild endemic and the intellectual drop off in child raising and education. Hes very open about it in interviews.

It made him but films he was more
Passionate about and out more into faded into obscurity where his kiddy earner became unfathomably successful.

If children get better products than adults, one should either stop consuming altogether or deal with the scraps.

Serves him right

Attached: 595B0AA9-8BC5-4250-8723-7DEE95179983.jpg (750x1000, 128K)

>is an actor
>plays a role perfectly and gives a masterclass in acting
>grumpy about it
Wtf

it's not like he wasn't in some other terrible movies either

>"In the final volume of the book A Positively Final Appearance (1997), Guinness recounts grudgingly giving an autograph to a young fan who claimed to have watched Star Wars over a hundred times, on the condition that the boy promise to stop watching the film because "this is going to be an ill effect on your life". The fan was stunned at first but later thanked him (though some sources say it went differently). Guinness is quoted as saying: "'Well', I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. His mother drew herself up to an immense height. 'What a dreadful thing to say to a child!' she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of second hand, childish banalities."[31] Guinness grew so tired of modern audiences apparently knowing him only for his role of Obi-Wan Kenobi that he would throw away the mail he received from Star Wars fans without reading it"

order 66 takes its toll on you.

It's an interesting take how different Peter Cushing's reaction was. He loved playing a ruthless villian and constantly said how his role introduced him to a new generation of movie goers who promptly went back and watched some of his older stuff. He always seems very happy to be a part of Star Wars.

Also Carrie Fisher not being able to take him seriously during they're scenes because off camera he was 'the consumate gentleman' is hilariously awesome.

Attached: images (3).jpg (679x452, 25K)

He was right too bad all these numales today couldn't get that advice

Aside from the fact that Darth Vader was like Astro-Stalin as opposed to La Mutt, he's actually correct.

Disney canon is so inconsistent that I wouldn’t be surprised if suddenly even the sith can appear as force ghosts

My guess is he was a stereotypical brit who doesn't like silliness, and maybe he enjoyed the film to a certain extent, but the more popular it became, the more his britishness kicked in until it went berserk.

>mfw any interview with Christopher Lee who talks lovingly about him and Peters bromance and when Peter died Chris was never the same

Attached: images (4).jpg (738x416, 17K)

honestly wouldn't surprise me. Most peeps are far too scared to talk poorly about production when a movie is a hit or otherwise for fear of black listing. Loads of people get shafted on films all the time.

Manu Bennett told me he got paid barely above min wage for most of the Hobbit movies and only got small bonuses. When him and his agent tried to put up a stink they insisted he was a motion actor technically and would be paid min as such, on top of that they could get someone else who'd be more eager...

Shit sucks.

He wanted some easy money and thought the movie would bomb.

Has Harrison Ford ever explained as to why he hated his character so much?

Not as sad as the story of Cushings wife. He was a heartrending story teller.

Quality and awesome lives and character aside they aren’t actually comparable to Guinness is contemporary status. Thats like comparing Karl Urban to Ralph Fienes.

because he made so much money from them he no longer gave a fuck
maybe he was bitter that one shitty scifi shoot made 10x more than the rest of his life's work

I believe he's claimed it's far too one dimensional. Which is kind of bullshit compared to Indiana Jones, which he's willing to keep playing.

Personally I think he just didn't want to cement him into being HAN SOLO and THAT guy.

I just think he doesn't like the Star Wars fanbase.

Reminder that Cushing is completely based.

youtu.be/BGag8Qllgnw

George Lucas has clearly stated star wars is for kids.

Does this prove that people who play Warhammer are iq 9000+ charismatic, sophisticated, strategic masterminds?

Actors typically take roles like Star Wars, because they want or need the paycheck.
Not Always, some actors might want to work with a particular director, or actually like the script, but generally science fiction childrens movies are for the paycheck.
Anthony Hopkins for instance was in ‘Bad Company’1999 with Chris Rock.
I tend to doubt he took the role to work with Chris Rock.
Hopkins was also in ‘Freejack’ and one of the Transformer movies.
Michael Caine and Klaus Kinski were at least honest about taking roles fir a paycheck.

Harrison Ford seems to hate every role he's playing lately

Harrison Ford was a bitter old man when he was in his 20s.

if ford and guiness were mad about getting shafted on money it most likely was the toy deal
mark hamill was smart enough to include royalties on his likness for the toys in his contract wich made him bank

>star wars
>playing with little toys when is an adult and collecting them
The original numale

>old people toys
gross

He was a real actor who had overweight manchildren approach him to ask about the time he played a space wizard

How do I become a great person, Yea Forums?
Is the secret reading books? Polite extroversion? Inheriting a great legacy and living up to the standard of your father?

Yeah so what?

genes and opportunity

You're right, but I don't think they care.

He took a cut of the profits of Star Wars instead of the upfront 50k everyone else got.
He literally made buckets or loot for not doing much at all

A great person is calm and polite. He is open to new ideas. He wants to learn different things. He helps the people in need.

watch this and listen
youtube.com/watch?v=8PaAl51TV1o

Ford didn't liked the role of Han just because he wasn't the main protagonist

>when asked why he did the jews sequel, michael caine said "i wanted a new house"
lil donnie is the same, he said he does so many straight to dvd shit is because he has kids in college

The kid released his own side of the story and claimed that Alec portrayed himself as a dick for no reason in the book, saying that Guiness was actually very nice about the whole thing as long as the kid agreed not to watch the movies. He later broke the promise on a few occasions, but from what I understood he really did connect with what Guiness was trying to say here.

>star wars
>playing with little toys when is an adult and collecting them
>The original numale
Plays game that involves studying past military uniforms and accoutrements, while also studying military strategy and past battles.
> BUT numale.

There are no great characters in Lucas playground. Only toys and shadows. Star Wars is the terminal cancer of cinema and you are as retard as OP

I had such a hard time accepting him as the good guy in the Hammer Dracula movies.

Harrison Ford likes whiskey and hates nerds. That's about the jist of it.

Star Wars was just a paycheck to him and yet it eclipsed everything he'd hoped would be his legacy.

Because Harrison Ford is a mildly autistic carpenter who doesn't even like acting.

>laughed about having to swear slippers in upper-body shots because the boots were so tight
He seemed like a great guy

That Guinness hated Star Wars is an urban legend. In Interviews he always said that he agreed because he liked the structure and characters but the dialogue needed more work. He basically only spoke positive about Lucas and the crew.

But similar to Ford, what he hated was the obsessed fandom.

Cushing and Lee were just top blokes. Vincent Price as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=7T2WrnFzepw&list=PL4WTi-VqPs-cY_YEPKhSkcpeuhqtshSqU&index=1

The fucking banter.
>yfw you will never be buddies with such guys

Attached: starwars3-movie-screencaps.com-11943.jpg (1920x816, 137K)

I bet if they parked two trucks of money in his driveway he would've been in the entire sequel trilogy. He was in Morning Glories but Star Wars is beneath him.

Wow. This link is the only redeeming factor of this onions thread. When retarded OP called Guinness a "bitter cunt", I thought this thread is doomed by the rampant stupidity that plagues this sewer. Your post denies that. Thanks user.