HOW DID DISNEY GET AWAY WITH IT?

After the Notre Dame incident today, I decided to go back and rewatch The Hunchback of Notre Dame (I know I'm not the only one). I watched it countless times as a kid, so even though I hadn't watched it in over 15 years, I pretty much still knew all of it inside and out. However, when you get right down to thinking about it, it's pretty crazy what Disney got away with:

- A blatantly religious movie that not only shows both the good AND bad sides instead of heavily one way or the other
- A white-skinned man with a dark-skinned woman (as opposed to a dark-skinned man with a white-skinned woman)
- Violence against a church official by the main villain
- Multiple scenes with sexual undertones

If Disney ever made something like this today, they would be shunned with the movie being banned.

Attached: HOW.jpg (592x754, 60K)

>Chad cucks the deformed incel
wtf did Rian Jonson direct this?

Actually, the deformed incel understood that he shouldn't get to be with a girl just because he looks like a deformed incel and let the girl be with the guy she had an attraction toward because it matters what you feel like on the inside instead of how you look on the outside.

But you wouldn't know anything about that because you're clearly deformed on the inside.

Just like Frollo.

>- A white-skinned man with a dark-skinned woman (as opposed to a dark-skinned man with a white-skinned woman)

Attached: Harvey-and-Roz.jpg (1310x655, 58K)

>A white-skinned man with a dark-skinned woman (as opposed to a dark-skinned man with a white-skinned woman)

Attached: WMBF.jpg (2664x2316, 1.58M)

ABSOLUTELY ETHERED

>white-skinned man with a dark-skinned woman (as opposed to a dark-skinned man with a white-skinned woman)

Attached: where-hands-touch.jpg (1000x563, 103K)

It was actually extremely rare for a white male and a black female being seen in the media in the 1990s. This "black male white female" trope really only started over the last 10 years or so.

>you're clearly deformed on the inside.
Oh you have no idea...

Attached: honk.png (680x680, 221K)

And yet OP is acting like it's something rare today.

>just like frollo

very good

>A loser incel faggot triggered so he spams the thread with his cuck fetish

Ok retard

i've been on Yea Forums for over five years and i've never seen an absolute ownage so brutally delivered, well done

>- Multiple scenes with sexual undertones

Not that rare today

>- A white-skinned man with a dark-skinned woman (as opposed to a dark-skinned man with a white-skinned woman)

Pretty common today desu

- Violence against a church official by the main villain

Uncommon, but not unheard of

- A blatantly religious movie that not only shows both the good AND bad sides instead of heavily one way or the other

I'll give you this one, Disney wouldn't touch religion with a ten-foot pole anymore

>But you wouldn't know anything about that because you're clearly deformed on the inside.
>Just like Frollo.

INTERNALLY DEFORMED INCEL ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED

>he shouldn't get to be with a girl just because he looks like a deformed incel
If anything it's more "just because he was nice to her, that doesn't mean she has to return his feelings".

>because it matters what you feel like on the inside instead of how you look on the outside.
But both him and Phoebus were good on the inside, he just also happened to be good on the outside.

Hellfire is unironically Disney's greatest and most epic villain song and it's about a boner.

Based response.
This too. I love this movie because it talks about one of the untold truths of society: lookism.

>when he collapses at the end of the song it's in a cruxifiction pose

>projecting

internally deformed incel on suicide watch

>- A white-skinned man with a dark-skinned woman
But that's really popular right now.
And the "religion is both good and bad" is a pretty old trope you still see now.

Chances of recovery : 0 %

Way to twist the narrative to suit your own biased view you inner deformed troglodyte. You have no idea how law of attraction works if you think Phoebus was chosen because of how he looked on the outside. If you remember correctly, Esmeralda HATED Phoebus when she first saw him whereas she LIKED Quasimodo, just not in a romantic way. As the storyline progressed, she made it VERY clear that "gypsies don't do well in stone walls", and it was very clear that Quasimodo had lived in stone walls all his life. Not just that, but Esmeralda had a mature personality whereas Quasimodo was still very much a kid due to his upbringing. Phoebus, on the other hand, was very mature, has traveled a lot (not bound by walls), and has a kind heart. Sure, he's also a chad, but the looks are just a visual plus in that she would turn down someone much more handsome than Phoebus if that someone had an ugly heart.

Based as fuck

first poster here
should I commit kys?

Attached: ohno.png (657x527, 287K)

After reading the book, I get why they had to change so much. Disney could be dark like in Pinnochio but there is a lot this that would never fly in their films. It's wierd though that out of all things, the pet goat is actually something from the book.

Even more based response.

HOLY BASED

please fren no.

>Gypsy cunts are literally all thieves and degenerates
>Frollo is trying to purify Paris
based tbqh

never before have i seen a post so based

>You have no idea how law of attraction works if you think Phoebus was chosen because of how he looked on the outside.
I didn't say that, I said he was good both on the inside and out.
>Esmeralda HATED Phoebus when she first saw him whereas she LIKED Quasimodo, just not in a romantic way.
Because it came across that Phoebus was just an asshole, but after seeing him risk his own life to save a family that had done nothing wrong, she saw that he had a pure heart.

Plus you know, she kinda has to fall for Phoebus because that's what happens in the book. The difference is in the book Phoebus is actually rotten on the inside.

based

wh*toid roastie on suicide watch

>This decision proves his undoing, since as the couple prepare to have sex, the jealous Frollo attacks Phoebus by stabbing him in the back. Frollo makes a quick get-away and Phoebus is presumed dead by homicide. Esmeralda, being the only one present, is presumed to be the killer. Phoebus, however, is not dead and soon recovers from his injury. But this does not stop Esmeralda from being tried and sentenced to death for his attempted murder as well as witchcraft. Phoebus could have proven her innocence, but he remained silent. In the end of the novel, he marries Fleur-de-Lys (his cousin), and watches Esmeralda's execution with apparently little or no remorse. Whilst being one of the few characters to survive in the novel, Hugo implies that his marriage will not be a romantic or happy one.

Disney rewriting history yet again

I don't really consider it a children's film. They clearly noticed this as well so they stuck in the dumb ass gargoyles.

BEYOND BASED

>The difference is in the book Phoebus is actually rotten on the inside.
Not really. Compared to Frollo who slowly goes insane because of his lust which makes him do horrible things, Phoebus is basically just a typical medieval knight. He's not EVIL, he's just a selfish prick that has no problem taking advantage of a 16 year old girl swooning over him.

Screw you, Laverne was based

>great pigeon sub-plot
>FLY MY PRETTIES, FLY!
>making fun of the stupid "birds fly off into the sunset" trope at the end of the movie

Victor was a bit boring

Hugo can go suck a dick though, what a faggot

It's more that Phoebus is a composite character in the disney movie, taking the good qualities of Captain Phoebus and Pierre Gringoire (the knight in shining armor nature and being good at heart and wanting to do the right thing, respectively), while none of their bad qualities (Phoebus being a rapacious asshole and Gringoire being an incompetent buffoon)

>The Hunchback of Notre Dame is a Disney movie
>Wizard of Oz isn't
>they were still able to parody it without getting into legal issues

I wish I knew the story of how they got away with THAT

>41/5/15/1
You’re not fooling anyone

Attached: D645B563-5C97-4531-B806-08ADD3867F73.jpg (221x250, 9K)

The Hunchback of Notre Dame really is an underrated Disney movie. When you hear of top Disney movies, it's never anywhere near the top, but it's honestly one of the best.

>internally damaged incel running damage control

haha, oh wow

Literally everyone that talks about "underrated" disney movies says this. I'm not saying I disagree but I always hear it all the time.
Honestly I think the parts of Pinocchio that don't have to do with that damn song are far more underrated.

People back then were more concerned that Disney was profaning ART by adding talking gargoyles

Because if you watch Wizard of Oz, the witch never actually says that line.

The gargoyles ruined the film. Otherwise it would had been the best Disney film.

*sexually assaults you*

Attached: Sword-disneyscreencaps_com-4474.jpg (360x450, 27K)

I don't think the gargoyles outright ruin the film, but I think their inclusion would've been much stronger if them being alive was all in his head.

>FUCK the police
>FUCK teachers
>FUCK racists
>you are entitled to anything you want
>gypsies dindo nothing, even if they try to kill you in a mock trial it's all societies fault
Yep, I'm thinking it is woke

>After the Notre Dame incident today

The what?

The roof burned and the spire collapsed.
They are claiming it was an """"accident"""" despite the recent wave of church burnings, the fact that there weren't any renovation workers or tourists inside at the time, and it being Holy Week.

Attached: original.jpg (1024x768, 93K)

In fairness, that's less because of media and more because it actually happened (according to John Smith was a notorious unreliable narrator)

>samefag gets called out
>(You)'s immediately stop coming
WeW

>If Disney ever made something like this today, they would be shunned with the movie being banned.
No they fucking wouldn't. They'd have a bunch of triggered pesudojournalists seething and probably be well received and paid for by audiences. At worst.

Does anybody remember the part of the movie where Gaston shoved his dick through the plumbing so he could rape Panty, which lead to an epic fight scene between him and Frollo a couple of episodes later? I can't believe this movie was rated G

Attached: 680e3388fb797ba47f87c31fdf9fa626_400x400.jpg (400x400, 21K)

If anything if it was a samefag he would just do it more to spite you

> A blatantly religious movie that not only shows both the good AND bad sides instead of heavily one way or the other
If by ''good'' you mean all the preachy goody goody peaceful christian tolerance side and the ''bad'' the MEANY edgy Inquisitionesque members of the church that '''''''killed'''''''' all those millions of people and tortured millions of others with machines they didn't use nor they didn't invent but you think they did because you saw it in a movie and heard about a museum, you might be the stupidest person ever.

Hunchback was an edgy novel written conveniently at the same time when catholic priests were getting exterminated, detailing the level of corruption of the church and monarchy that a. never happened and b. doesn't really reflect reality. The French Revolution was a fedora shitshow that killed infinetely more people yet it's ''''''fair''''''' to judge the church or religion based on the criteria of lies and exagerations and ''oh, that one good thing they did.''

But of course you would identify and view people IN the same roles of the people in the disney film because you're an idiot that judges historical events through movies.

But the reason the novel was written was to save the building that was falling apart.

Holy fuck

And? It still didn't stop thousands of members of the church from the guillotine, which was happening as he was writing the book. By that exact same logic no one would be bothered if that was still the Illuminist ''Temple of Reason'' Robespierre briefly turned the place into.

The french aren't even religious, more people around the world than in France actually understand the significance of such a place burning down. They literally didn't deserve it.

>Hellfire is unironically Disney's greatest and most epic villain song and it's about a boner.

Attached: 371-3710521_view-samegoogleiqdbsaucenao-nu-wojak-soyboy-wojak[1].jpg (820x773, 128K)

Jesus christ

HELLFIRE