youtube.com/watch?v=t-MhMo-gL6A
youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/223-star-wars/77641325
youtube.com/watch?v=pOD3-5wekAc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Walking meme machine

he brought order to a galaxy in desperate need of order

He enjoys doing what he does

Because people aren't dumb enough to fall for rebel propaganda. The empire is literally the galaxies one and only chance at survival.

he spins

perfect actor

He's the main redeemer of the prequel trilogy. In a way, you could say the entire Star Wars franchise is really about him.

Boot licking Corrucant city-scum.

The outer rim enjoys freedom and doesn’t need a dictator. Planets rights.

Because the fact is no matter how much people say they want complex villains, everyone deep down wants a villain that loves to be evil

He always has another trick up his sheev!

Attached: C6680712-A552-4D2A-8AED-CC44EBE32D5E.jpg (600x600, 35K)

>you will never love anything as much as sheev loves being evil

Attached: wendy davis.jpg (564x646, 56K)

this. the republic was a clown show.

idk he just has that hot old man thing going for him ahahaha

How does he pull off being one dimensional so well? I love him and say this as one of those complex villaim people.

Why does everyone call him sheev? It's not funny at all.

He is the all perfect villain. Seriously look at him:
>Best costume
>Best force powers or rather display of
>Best origin AND post origin plots
>Best dialogue

Im really surprised that he doesnt have his own origin movie.

Because it's his name?

Sheev is his first name, apparently.

because lets face it not only is he one of the only 2 likable characters in the prequels he is also the senate

He casually outplays the entire Jedi order fro. His office literally across the street.

Ian McDiarmid was best part of the prequel trilogy, his delivery of lines is fantastic and memorable.

I think being mysterious benefits a character like him.

>everyone deep down wants a villain that loves to be evil
same goes for Sauron

His delivery was really good in Return of the Jedi as well.

Sauron works because for one, he's basically fantasy Satan, but more because he's just this omnipresent threat that everyone is afraid of coming back. In terms of characterization he has very little. He's more like a force of nature than a person.

Because Sheev is Super Based 64.

Attached: kKqPmgV.jpg (960x1180, 401K)

>think your memeing
>it's true

Can we just suicide star wars and start over?

You can read his entire history from start to finish in the novels or the wikis. Not mysterious at all. Matter of fact it goes into great detail about Sheev's early life etc.

best actor in the entire series, also best role. both kenobi actors get second best actors and roles.

>In terms of characterization he has very little.
the movies just didn't do a very good job of portraying his desire for extreme order on his terms
also his elven form before God sank Numenor was extra sinister at the level of Sheev

>People named AssOKa and Annie
>Sheev is too far

Attached: 1549333559099.png (416x234, 122K)

absolutely based opinion but
>ranking ewan macgregor equally with alec motherfucking guinness

Attached: 1546232057173.jpg (486x431, 57K)

Because he's so entertaining, he's just a fun character to watch even though he's not complex.

this. he will be the only likable character in the new movie, prob every scene he will be in will become a meme.

Attached: star wars rise of honkler.png (1488x716, 916K)

>killed off Luke before bringing back Palpatine
what a wasted opportunity

old luke would be like "yeah i probably should have joined you" and then they would troll the universe together for the next 3 or 4 films.

Sir Ian McDiarmid is a shakespearian stage actor, something Americans will never understand. Traditional British stage actors emphasise enunciation to make lines powerful and memorable, Americans prefer to make it "gritty" with rambling mumbling and method acting to make it "realistic"

>something Americans will never understand.

Attached: 1555263579975.jpg (250x241, 9K)

He's an evil space wizard and loves being a dick to everyone

is shakespearian acting similar to anime voice acting than american acting? Is there a term for eccentric highly emotive voice acting?

Attached: darth honkler.png (957x542, 608K)

literally Hitler!

He's a shrivelled old man who wears a comically evil black hooded robe and shoots lightning from his fingertips, who brought the entire galaxy to his knees through manipulation and subversion. He looks the coolest, sounds the coolest, and is the most memeworthy.
Hands down the best Star Wars character.

Pretty much this

but I'm American and absolutely adore British Shakespearean actors

That's the power of a classically trained actor. They can take anything and pull something out it and if the most simple characteristic is that the character is evil, then its easy for an actor to tap into a side of their personality thst isn't nice.

It also helps that Ian seems to actually be having fun being so evil.

Attached: palpatine.jpg (600x300, 25K)

Attached: its the darkside i dont have to explain shit.gif (480x204, 3.07M)

fug now I need to watch some ian kino

he has the same charm as 40k. so over the top evil that its charming. plus his design is good, the voice is perfect, and you cant help but love his laugh. he is probably the best villain ever created. hes no bullshit, just pure unadaltured evil cackling gleefully on his way

Great actor and the only good part of the prequels

>mfw the Emperor is physically back and Rey kills him for good in a 1v1 duel

Attached: tommy.png (396x423, 171K)

>shakespearian stage actor, something Americans will never understand
DAS RITE!

Attached: amelia-bassano-is-the-lady-who-wrote-all-of-shakespeares-39922862.png (500x692, 176K)

>I feel it....

Attached: BetterFilthyBlueshark-mobile.jpg (640x360, 13K)

some people really are one-dimensional sadistic assholes. he's similar to the Joker in that sense. of course both Sheev and the Joker are extreme cases but people like that exist. not everyone is a tortured soul like Vader.

he's the coolest character in the series

>the only good part of the prequels

Hello there...

Attached: a6c3c87b311c7de1c2aedb794e6cd78ead90eac7.jpg (600x300, 40K)

this. I love the Clone Wars era. I love the thought of Sheev sitting in meetings with Yoda and just quietly smirking to himself.

Because he's literally the only enjoyable aspect of the prequels

Everything he does whenever he's on screen in any Star Wars media is a delight

GET

he is a hoot

They gave him shit dialogues though

here have both at the same time
youtube.com/watch?v=mlWso68xe7k

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE

The Emperor is the best part of the movies and it's spoofs. Everything revolves around Sheev.

THAT

youtu.be/_XWomD6TazQ

Once again, like Ian, classically trained actor. Can take shit dialogue and make something out of it, even gold.

Alec said the same thing, called them rubbish, but Ewan stuck through it through 3 films and played more Obi-Wan than Guinness did.

Obi-Wanis one hell of a role.

Attached: Ben_Kenobi.png (365x273, 151K)

Does it ever explain the fact that they could detect he was there, like a powerful evil presence in the force or something, but they never actually found him, even though he was right next to them talking to them most of the time? Could Sheev screw with their in built Jedi force detection abilities or something?

the dark side is shadowy n shiet. I don't think they noticed anything at all.

If you want to overdose on it, find the episode of Inspector Morse called "Masonic Mysteries," where McDiarmid plays across from classically trained John Thaw.

STEW IT

I’m sure they claim on one or more occasions to be able to sense a great evil, but to not know it’s source.

He's a theatre actor turned Hollywood i.e. he's actually worked to hone his craft and he knows what he's doing.

You really BLEw IT

You just fucking know the next film is going to introduce an 'evil' greater than the empire, so that the empire and the rebels have to team up against it

He fought for my own economic interests.

KEK keep it up Carlos

>tfw he dismembered his beloved padawan

where in the movies does it indicate that the galaxy was lacking in order?

Every line he says is a meme and he loves his job so much you can’t help but enjoy watching him do it.
>Sheev battles Yoda over the fate of the Galaxy.
>Is having the time of his life and is laughing like a madman the whole fight, even when holding onto a guardrail for dear life.

>itt: everyone just parrots the plinket review
develop your own opinions, jesus christ

please elaborate

>even when holding onto a guardrail for dear life
that's my favorite part of the whole fight

People say they hate the prequels but Palpatine wouldn't be half the character he was without them.

Pretty sure everyone loved Sheev before Mike and Jay came along. The only thing they did was highlight the quality of the prequels.

I still liked him a lot as a kid but he was more sinister and not as funny. Now I find him hilarious.

The audience naturally gravitates towards him, because he is the only character having fun and laughing along with the audience.

Obi-wan comes in second.

that makes it even better

Sheev is just as good in ROTJ. It's just that there's more screentime of him in the prequels.

I don't even remember anything about him from their reviews. Everyone loved Sheev long before they ever said whatever they said.

This, unironically.

Palpatine rocks because he's the good guy, and a movie where the bad guy = good makes you root for him all the more.

The problem is, like Sauron, he's not one dimensional, which is a good thing. Palpatine believes he's doing the right thing, just like Sauron did, and at least far as Sauron goes he was right.

>Palpatine believes he's doing the right thing
I thought palpi literally got off to doing evil shit

Because no one's ever really gone.

Sheev's feev and seev

Attached: Sheev.png (564x407, 315K)

Disney says so but old/eu no.
EU he wrote a private memoir called Weakness of the Inferiors which if you get past the evil title is about how he thinks people who can't into force are basically sheep that would die without a strong shepherd to guide them, AKA force people, and it's his force-granted duty to save the galaxy from itself.

>he’s the good guy
>Palpatine believes he's doing the right thing
since fucking when? Are you referring to that yuuzhan vong bullshit?

What? Theres HUGE differences between both characters starting with their motives. Sheev is a genuine bad guy. He (with Plageius) basically erased any mention of there ever having been more Sith and solidified the rule of two. If I remember correct, there were hundreds of Sith back in the old republic days.

Sauron on the other hand is a deity.

He stands out because most sith in star wars are just doughnut steel self insert edgelords while sheev is something fun
a whimsical backstabbing prick who does is for the lulz

Attached: 1515860856409.jpg (1500x1402, 475K)

The whole idea that complexity=good is a farce. It's just a relatively modern trend of writers getting too insular and self-fellating and wanting to make everything a twist, spin, etc.
For thousands of years, across countless cultures, so many of our classic tales and legends and myths have involved "one dimensional characters". There is nothing at all fundamentally wrong with that. Not everything needs to be a deconstruction or subversion or whatever.

The Sith put in the rule of two because they were too disunified. Their whole deal was taking down the Republic because they thought it was shit and corrupt.

Their review of The Revenge of the Sith they talked about how he was the only character who wasn't stupid and had a clear motivation. And that he was fun.

But yeah there are not tons of sheev memes just because RLM said he was a good character, Mike just articulated why people like him really well.

It is just as good in ROTJ, but you don't see much of any of his development in it or see him orchestrate his rise to power.

Sheev is a lean mean meme machine, dude

>Their whole deal was taking down the Republic because they thought it was shit and corrupt.

Literally wrong. The battle between the Sith and Jedi is a RELIGIOUS one. Has fuck all to do with what they control more to do with spreading the influence of their respective sides.

Plageius's master started the rule of two and then he along with Sheev solidified it.

And he did a fantastic job with what he was given.

Complexity isn't bad either and one dimensional doesn't necessarily make it better. It gets tough though because SW has a warped sense of morality thanks to George doing it at a time when drinking the kool-aid was a rite of passage, and even then he was considered whack by a lot of his fellows in the business. Dude legitimately though Nixon was the Antichrist and Watergate was hell taking over the world, and that the North Vietnamese were dindus fighting an evil Satanic Nixon regime.

Attached: homestuck_oc_by_aaronyolo2_dal96rh.png (151x235, 4K)

Nah, their whole deal was to wage righteous jihad on the J*di

Sheev did nothing wrong.

Attached: 1555283034088.jpg (960x1180, 943K)

I believe the novelization says that he was using his powers to cloud their judgement, which is why they couldn't detect him and why they were acting like colossal retards.

Sure, but that's just a natural consequence of him having a larger role and more screentime in the prequels. All I'm saying is that minute-for-minute of screentime, Sheev is just as good in Jedi as in the prequels.

Hell, my two favorite quotes are probably
>everything that has transpired has done so according to MY design
>You want THIS... don't you
ROTJ sheev is still top tier quality and more than makes up for the ewoks

The fact that a ton of planets didn't recognize their own gov and merchant groups were forming galaxy-conquering armies

Well, Dooku is said to have ditched the republic and become a sith because he thought it was too corrupt.

the jedi were a religious institution that had a stranglehold on the galaxy's politics and foreign diplomacy pushing their religious beliefs on others, kidnapping children to indoctrinate into their cult, were okay with using a slave army and not bothering to investigate where they came from and were too arrogant to see their own downfall when it was right before them
and should I mention they started the clone wars by having a hundred or so jedi raid Geonosis and then started a fight that turned into an all out battle which escalated into a galactic war

the jedi were shit and Papa Palpatine simply did what was right and served them some humble pie

Attached: give me a big huggy luke.jpg (1765x1075, 541K)

I think that misses the point of the jedi being mega hypocritical douchebags disconnected with the galaxy they try to run

Sure, I'm not saying the opposite, that complexity is bad. I'm just saying that I don't like this modern idea that anything with a simple black-and-white narrative/characterization is fundamentally worse for it.

After all, LOTR blows the fuck out of GRRM's shit, even without discussion of tax policy

(Formerly Senate)

He is right that Palpatine is only half the character in the original movies because he's far less hammy. He's more cold and sinister in his evil, it's why his line "So be it...Jedi" has so much weight behind it.

Did Mace Windu actually beat him. or was he just faking it to ruse anakin .

Attached: Next step in his master plan.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

Sheev was able to seduce him to the dark side. Thats it. Thats the ONLY reason.

Up to you really because there are like six sources that say different things.

Wait I thought Darth Bane started the Rule of Two.

>even without discussion of tax policy
People who bring that up seriously don't seem to understand that Martin was just trying to say that such matters aren't important to Tolkien's worldbuilding.

>no one would ever turn against the jedi for any reason beyond being evil
>they were flawless and did nothing wrong at all

wew lad

now that the ST has shown the New Republic to be a complete failure this image is completely correct
30 years after the collapse of the empire there are still planets being wiped off the map through a constant and unending war with no end in sight

imagine if the empire had 30 more years to solidify it's rule, the galaxy would be in a golden era of peace and prosperity

Attached: 1549686033451.jpg (900x1149, 361K)

Not him but the galaxy was actually worse before the Jedi were around. Even if you don't like them, they're the lesser of two evils.

>slaughtered the shit out of all of the jedi masters around mace while mace was actively fighting him
definitely faking it

*sip* ahh
let me tell ya the empire, now that was a galactic regime to remember

Attached: 1535633606525.png (380x349, 71K)

Darth Jar Jar > Sheev
You know this to be true.

Because Sheev did nothing wrong.

Attached: 1541937884885.png (540x2070, 291K)

He's still hammy as fuck in ROTJ. The only difference is that in the prequels he spends half his time pretending not to be the avatar of evil itself

no, no, NOOO
*sparks lightsaber*

Convenient how his completely altruistic actions make him dictator of the entire galaxy and helped him genocide his religious rivals

After his religious rivals genocided his religion and became dictators of the galaxy too.

Based Pellaeon

Because he's having a great time, and his enthusiasm is infectious.

/r/ a boom kenobi reciting a memory and saying someone was a good friend

Nah

I didnt say they were flawless. But where religion is involved, people get swayed quite easily. Its like some 15 yr old bitch sitting behind her PC somewhere in Birmingham getting radicalised by ISIS.

Fpbp

now go home and get your fuckin' lightsaber
youtubedoubler.com/shcY

Yes. Mace did beat him. But Sidious played up the helplessness to an almost comedic degree.

Didn't they genocide themselves?

I love everything about him.

Attached: 1555113032105.jpg (738x415, 16K)

he had the force lightning up his sleeve the whole time but you can see it really fucks him up using it.

"It's not a lie, if you believe it." - Sheev Palpatine explaining why the Jedi were unable to detect the Dark Side from him.

Bringing Palpatine back is a mistakem it renders Anakins sacrifice worthless and undermines Luke's struggle, plus wasn't Anakin supposed to bring balance to the Force by killing him? Fuck the new trilogy.

and after all that effort they put in telling everyone that Snoke and Kylo were not "Sith" but some other kind of dark force users in order to avoid contradicting the ending of the OT.

youtube.com/watch?v=3huOowaRsrw
KINO

You talked about the Jedi, but you forgot the bigger problem: The republic.

The republic was slow, burocratic, and unable to act fast in time of need, the events of Phantom Menace proves that. The republic was also over controlling, and wanted to destroy anyone who didn't want to be under their economic laws and tariffs, as you see in Clone Wars. The republic was also so weak, they depended on an independent religious cult of warriors to do their investigation and protection work.

After that came the empire, the empire lasted good peaceful years, until it was done. After that came a new republic, even worse than the first one. It was a government SO, SO WEAK, they let the Empire dissidents reunite thenselves and rebuild without being stopped, refused all of Leia's calls to stop the First Order while it was growing, and they were canonically overtrowed in a single day by the First Order because of it. In a single fucking day. They were so pathetic, one of their war heroes abandoned then to become a muggler, and his only headache were other mugglers, because unlike the empire, the republic gives zero shits about muggling.

The republic is weak. Sheev was right.

Attached: 1539642442760.png (357x528, 228K)

hes not back, it will be a flash back or somthing, and it will just be his influence on the galaxy one of his minions or his evil presence is around somewhere each trailer for each film has been highly deceptive it would be foolish to go by a laugh at the end of atrailer to assume palpatine is now still alive

sheev spins one last time

the lightning was reflecting off the lightsaber

This, there's several scenes with Yoda and Mace where Yoda essentially says there's a horrific evil lurking about "clouding his judgement". They probably should have started investigating this.

I guess at that point it was too late, the war against the separatists was already set up and they needed the clone army to defend themselves. Damn why was the plot to the prequels so based?

Wishing to create a well oiled human empire in a galaxy full of hostile alien cunts is evil?

Mace Windu is oen of the few Jedi who can use the 7th lightsaber form without being seduced by the dark side, the Juyo/Vaapad. That nigger is strong as shit.

Didn't Dooku say the death of Qui Gonn, his pupil, fucked him up and made him realize the Jedi way was wrong.

GENERAL

Seething plebian colonials in the replies, I can FEEL the SEETH.

Attached: SmugSheev.jpg (823x1175, 167K)

he is the senate

>[legit]
The nigger who made this pic couldn't even hide he is a nigger.

Ian McDiarmid is a classically trained Shakespearean theatre actor.

He brings pathos to the cheese that is Sheev Palpatine and knows how to chew the scenery.

so much sheevkino

Attached: sheev1.png (486x438, 252K)

He and Based Ewan literally carry the Prequels.

Why does everyone love Bernie?

because liberalism culturally molded us to portray the bad guy as an alpha might makes right type, but deep down everybody thinks thats cool

Jedi were too arrogant to think the enemy could be right under their noses.

I would't support him per se, but the Jedi Council were despicable hypocrites and deserved to get btfo.

Jedi:

>emotional non-attachment, banning love and compassion essentially. look how well that worked out for them
>abandoned Anakin's mother to slavery, she was eventually raped and killed
>separates children from their parents, as if that could ever possibly have a good outcome
>smug, totally detached from the various on-the-ground concerns around the galaxy, which they only ever view with a cold technocrat's eye
>just boring, stale, and complacent all around

Redit

Attached: Screenshot_20190413-173034.png (1440x2880, 1.06M)

Which isn't to say that a Sheev was necessary, but that they produced a Sheev. He was their repressed shadow, their blindspot exploiting their complacency.

r*ddit (formerly Yea Forums)

You're right user I've read those books
retarded fedora

Attached: sheevpepe.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Separatists leaving the republic

Memes aside it's this. McDiarmid brought a lot of life to a character that was otherwise one dimensional.

>Charismatic, both in universe and as a meme for the fandom
>Top smug, literally hiding in plain sight among his enemies
>Terrifyingly powerful, not just from having the strongest Force Lightning ever but also being an amazing Force user and Duelist despite his age
>Brought about the greatest change in the narrative with the Fall of the Jedi and seducing Anakin to the Dark Side
>Actually had the Galaxy under his control and secured a degree of order and peace from the many years of war, save for the pockets the rebels hid

He's just wholly based. Just wish we got more scenes of him actually fighting in the other series.

I think Mace beat him and even Sheev wasn't 100% convinced Anakin would turn, hence the lightning.

> people like that exist
Like who?

An army capable of conquering a galaxy has to be very well ordered
You can't supply and deploy billions of troops without order, user

Giv imperial gf

Attached: flight_lieutenant_ada.jpg (1929x2728, 1.66M)

The Jedi were so blind they thought the Sith had been gone for 1000 years before Maul showed up which wasn't the case at all.

When you see someone genuinely have a passion for something, it makes them interesting. Even if it doesn't make them likable.

Did Sheev ever use a lightsaber post formation of the Empire?

John Wayne Gacy.

Hitler and Trump

Nah, he loses his saber in ROTS. He just zaps and spins his way to victory now.

hello plebbit, what other public school education + late night comedian level insights do you have to share with us

checked.

Attached: TheSenate.jpg (960x753, 85K)

Name one good thing Trump has done for America. Protecting Israeli interests is not one.

he was a good friend

It's fine to dislike Trump but equivocating him with Hitler only demonstrates you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about

literally zaps himself and blames dindu for trying to kill him

why do the sith hate the jedi?

why did he want to be emperor?

>"give in to your anger"
>is actually smiling from ear to ear and laughing his ass off most of the time

what did sheev mean by this?

>letting a sheev thread die
NO YOU SHALL DIE

I love Sheev because I am ironically the Senate

>because I am ironically the Senate
please don't kill me

you are too dangerous to be left alive

NOOOOOOO
>*WHoOoOSH*

Kids with too much time in their hands and no sense of humor think that his name sounds funny and think it’s hilarious to be the billionth person to post it.

Pa-Pa-Palpatine
Star War's greatest meme machine

S H E E V

He’s a great villain. The voice. The scheming. Everything.

Also, aesthetics.

had to read that one twice before I got it

I just noticed something bros
>Leave him or we'll never make it!
>His fate will be the same as ours.

>obi turned into a force ghost
>ani became a force ghost after being redeemed
>Sheevie has his giggle in the new trailer

Force ghost confirmed. They have the same fate indeed. Brava, JJ, Lucas and disney!

Attached: same fate.jpg (858x362, 42K)

>Those replies
I can feel your seething, it gives you (you)s, makes you stranger

This is why Freeza is Dragonball's most popular villain or Joker in Batman

youtube.com/watch?v=Ya_XdQ-UGLs
[Laughs in Evil]

relevant and pretty analysis as to why freeza works as a character / is liked.
youtube.com/watch?v=t-MhMo-gL6A

Attached: peak honkler.png (500x506, 239K)

it's way easier than typing his other titles or names. Way fewer finger movements. Blame disney if you're going to get mad at people using his name.

Yikes.

>muggling
JJ Rowling, is that you?

It's also a large part of the fun of the old James Bond films. Goldfinger and SPECTRE are a lot more interesting than whatever "realistic" shit people claim to want to watch.

Don't tip your fedora at me you little faggot

SCOTTISH KENOBI

It's his first name just as your name is "Fag."

Mace beat him but it was a far closer fight than Palpatine tried to make it look, he was trying to appear helpless at the end to bring Anakin to his side.

ill tip it all i want brainlet. did you really need someone to spoonfeed you on freeza

Attached: 90f.png (680x412, 78K)

>this shit again
You literally see him give a little smirk when he sees Anakin's buying it. Based Sheev losing to le motherfucker man is a liberal cuqhold fantasy.

More like nobody ever pulls off a complex villain whose motivations aren't ridiculously contrived and involve glaring lapses in basic logic. Problem with complex villains is that by nature they can't be "villains", just antagonists.

>she received the scar while opening a closet
Top cute
youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

Or else.... what?
What would have happened if the republic failed? The empire was a dictatorship that's slaughtered billions of innocents. What would have happened if they didnt take over and the republic failed again?

BECAUSE HE WAS BEST GIRL AND DID NOTHING WRONG.

he was the best disney villain ever, and it was a terrible crime that he never got his own song and dance number in each of the movies.

there needs to be a SHEEV cinematic universe.

based CARLOS!

Why does everyone in the past few years love saying Sheev? Are they trying to show off the fact that they know the first name of a character who for decades was referred to as Palpatine? Are they unaware of how retarded and unsinister it sounds?

Edgy incels

>slaughtered billions of innocents
Rebel propaganda. The Republic cares only about the core worlds. Everything and everyone outside of that was disenfranchised. The Empire is the government for the entire galaxy.

apparently Ian McDiarmid confirmed somewhere last weekend that Sheev let Mace win

>Some speculate that her brain operates on a different speed to average humans
>Others speculate that she is simply a lunatic

Attached: 1547345138917.gif (250x250, 993K)

This. This man can foresee the future, he obviously planned this to be the deciding moment for Anakin to go over to the dark side.

He thought his life was a comedy.

Palpatine was amazing, just the way he delivers the stale lines was kino.

The last movie should have devoted an hours worth of development between him and anakin.

The juxtaposition of a rather comedic sounding name with the evil figure of the emperor is funny.

>they all die on the Death Star
It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Wasn't palpatine's first name revealed in the darth plageuis book, or did mouse corp reveal it recently? Sheev sounds like an indian name.

He was definitely Sheev Palpatine in the Plagueis book (which I recommend). It also shows how he is seduced to the Dark Side the same way he would eventually turn Anakin.

>great actor
>great costumes
>memorable lines
>only consistently competent character
>enjoys what he is doing
>memes
>is actually the good guy if you, for some reason, reflect more than five minutes on star wars

>name?
Palpatine
>first name?
>what's that you're carrying?
just some sheaves of wheat
>ok, Sheev Palpatine

I think he out dueled Sheev, but Sheev could have still won using his sith powers alone.

he knows how and when to ham it up, from being a real actor and not some glorified walk on the set porn actor who says LINE every 2 breaths.

Ewan MacGregor isn't on the same level as Sir Alec, he's jut on A GOOD FRIEND TIER

I want a traditionally animated looking at least, Disney musical version of star wars with SHEEV getting the best song and dance numbers, done in the spirit and style of the classic disney movies.

it will fucking OWN everything else.

seriously, why dont they make some disney musicals of the MCU and shit? if they want the little girl market, its where the money is at.

>windu
>gets thrown out a window

What did Lucas mean by this?

Bane?

>Sheev was hiding in Luke all along
NO ONE IS EVER REALLY GONE!!

memes and trolling the left.

Checked and kekd

Attached: 3E55DCD7-FDD0-41D2-8154-985A70C34B60.png (400x350, 206K)

He hasn't really done anything good but he has marginally slowed the rot with shit like the supreme court appointments. It's a minor win if you're a decelerationist who just wants a good life before the descent into horror really begins in full.

He feeds his seeds

He’s quite simply dope af

>ou can't supply and deploy billions of troops without order

you can if theyre machines

>he loses his saber in ROTS

this. the man had vision and executed it well. the republic is a normie dream that didnt work in the prequels (thus why it failed) and certainly won't work if established again (history doomed to repeat itself) Sheeve did nothing wrong

based and retarded

Attached: 1447255061970.jpg (250x296, 12K)

>No Luke and Palpatine
>No Luke and Han
>No Lando and Han
>Barely any Han and Leia
>Barely any Luke and Leia

Attached: 1447704917935.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

Sheev went easy on him, which was a mistake. After realizing his mistake he used the lightning, which ended up fucking up his face when Mace reflected it. It's still possible Mace could have won a clean fight if they had continued, but Sheev was ready to butter up Anakin by that point.

Who? The Vong are no longer canon

This. Especially in a time where every freaking villain has a sob story.

I just want to say thank you

Carlos....

Yup. As soon as he was gone some old weirdo and the kid he molested took over the galaxy because the limp wristed republic went all passive diversity

Same reason everyone loves McGregors Obi Wan. Both had clearly the most fun playing those characters and especially McDiarmid as Palpatine hammed it up to 11 in ROTS.
I mean, his character is literally "Asshole who has fun being an asshole".

I'd much prefer if the entire new triology was this.

"Slaughtered billions of innocents"

Something about the numbers doesn't add up but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Every attempt of an origin for Joker always showed him as an tragic character who became like that because all of the shit he was going through.

Sheev just figured out he could go away with being a dick pretty early and celebrated it.

He's the happiest man in the galaxy. How can you not love him?

Attached: palpy.jpg (620x320, 111K)

I wish he'd been my grandpa. Such a gracefully aged, cheerful old man.

I thought it was pretty obvious with the whole

>anakin! help me! i'm too weak
>UNLIMITED POWER

Because he has unlimited power

Attached: Sheev Unlimited Power meme.jpg (962x755, 157K)

It was always funny to me how they had to wear dark robes. Imagine the scene, Sheev knights his new apprentice and then evaluates his clothes, in a super gay manner: "We need something to with this whole situation".
"Okay, Luke, you've embraced the DS. I gave you a new cool title, and you have to see my personal tailor immediately".

And the red crystals. So much for them being a rebellious selfish spirits.

>star wars fans are actual Nazis who see the emperor as the good guy
This puts the outrage in a different light.

Yeah, it maked them based and redpilled

I just watched an Ian McDiarmid interview and he was saying he failed because he was trying to be as hateable as possible but strangers would say "Hey Emperor Palpatine! I love you!" to him.

cringe post

Based post.
Cringe post.

>galactic government has no official military
>relies on space wizard monks with a contentious ideology to enforce their will
>entire prequel trilogy is about a galactic civil war

did you watch the movies user?

I like his theme and his unlimited power.

How did Vader manage to pick him up and toss him? Was Sheev simply too old at that point?

fresh oc no bully

Attached: senator.jpg (810x981, 76K)

aw shiet

Attached: senator.jpg (500x580, 67K)

he used his supercripple incel nerd rage powers

His name sounds like Sneed.

Yoda and Windu have a few conversations in ep 2/3. Clouded by the dark side, our ability has diminished, sense plots to destroy the Jedi, they agree to inform the Senate about the situation. Windu says he feels the dark side surrounding the chancellor. They spy on Palpatine to get some evidence. Fucked that up pretty good by petting the mentally unstable teenager, with immense power, against a Sith suspect. And I don't remember the Jedi actually informing the senate of any of this. Feels like the Galactic Senate is oblivious to what their peacekeepers/enforcers/generals are up to.

Attached: IMG_20190416_194051.jpg (219x192, 18K)

>"Okay, Luke, you've embraced the DS. I gave you a new cool title. Arise Darth Icky."

Because hes cool despite being one man and attracts the best jedi to his cause. He rekt 3 master jedi in seconds and tossed the top jedi out of a window.

he unrironically shows that the darkside isnt just pure cackling evil until after he gets asassination attempted. and his imperial tax policy is kino.

sheev saw the bigger picture. Ended slavery under 20 years which jedi led republic couldnt do in a thousand years. Imagine the balls it took to create two armies to fight eachother and knowing the retarded jedi couldnt help themselves but to lead the army that was designed to destroy them. Even though it was constructed by a sith lord to begin with.

Act

and he gave TREMENDOUS AMOUNTS OF PURE SHIT on the hutts and Black Sun. the criminal empires that were ancient before the reublic ever started were crushed by the empire to make law and order the rule of the day. its why all the scumbags and other lowlifes joined up with the rebels.

that and him sending Vader and the 501st out to kick the dogshit out of the pirate clans in the outer rim, made slavery wildly unprofitable to anyone besides the pervert hutts.

never forget

Attached: its treason then.gif (320x256, 3.25M)

Meanwhile on GayFags

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/223-star-wars/77641325

episode 1

does anyone else deflect lightning with the lightsaber? I think it's pretty cool that Mace is able to considering he is one of the only Jedi to utilize some dark side in his fighting style hence the purple blade but knowing how star wars EU is it's probably just something everyone can do all along right?

Attached: 1555386128942.png (489x276, 280K)

>no bra

I don't believe he deflected it back he just blocks it and the energy required from maintaining the lightning physically drains sheev.

SCOTTISH

youtube.com/watch?v=pOD3-5wekAc

Attached: 3708910-emperorpalpatine-tcgcoreset.png (475x360, 344K)

someone watched LotGH

nice

He's just so happy about being evil

Attached: horderves 66.jpg (2122x1415, 982K)

>completely out of context
>not even ian mcdiarmid
>still manges to be charming
how does sheev do it?

It was self defense. The jedi violated the NAP.

Is SWT an incel?

So Mace is stronger than Yoda?

Attached: 1555284007132.gif (664x550, 1.37M)

White Cis Lord

I was just listening to that song goddamn

There's no underwear in space, user

>That gif

Attached: tumblr_inline_n327sfUDU01r3x7o0[1].jpg (320x220, 10K)

hey, maybe they cloned him and we face an army of sheev?

Do you have sauce on this? I swear to god I have heard that somewhere before but can't remember where its from

He's not been knighted

Based

Boney M - Rasputin

was probably meant for

thanks dudes
can't believe I forgot such a kino song

Attached: Happy Palpatine.jpg (670x397, 45K)

>Shakespeare was illiterate and could barely write his own name
This is the part that gets me. He couldn’t even be simply mediocre. Greatest writer in the English language has to be a full on drooling retard