Any good movies on this?

any good movies on this?

Attached: criteron.png (288x127, 21K)

Like, all of them

woah entry level criterion films
so patrician woaaaah

none

i've emailed their suggestions asking them to add Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman to their releases, and they have not done so yet.

until they do, no. none of their movies are good.

except island of lost souls.

Attached: 81IH-LXcsnL._RI_.jpg (1200x1600, 381K)

No. Hide shill threads.

hahaha

Attached: spiderwinked.jpg (640x360, 94K)

Every thread...
Like clockwork...
Is this a meme?

Is Criterion truly the McDonald's of arthouse cinema?

The Spirit of the Beehive is on it I think

Chasing Amy

One.

Attached: heavyweights criterion.jpg (500x676, 134K)

It's so pretentious that they don't even have laugh at loud films

Idk if it's streaming but I watched Tokyo Drifter last night and it rocks.

it's so good user. have you seen any other of Suzuki's work?

Attached: z2YwfsEwnceJMfMhzJLZKOOWMCM21F_large[1].jpg (1288x1600, 273K)

films often get recognition when they're good

Not yet. I plan on watching Branded To Kill soon, and then I'm not sure after that. There's a Nippon kino thread going on here that I'm taking some recs from. What else would you say, user?

would also recommend Fighting Elegy and Youth Of The Beast by Suzuki. definitely going to check out the rest of the movies of his they have

also watched Le Amiche by Michelangelo Antonioni and Jules And Jim by Francois Truffaut. would recommend both.

also watched Taste Of Cherry by Abbas Kiarostami. not really enough there to merit being a full length. it was an interesting idea that should have been short this iranian guy is planning to climb into a hole and swallow some sleeping pills. he's driving around the day before looking for somebody to bury his body or, if the pills don't kill him, pull him out of the hole. you could call it a good performance in the sense that the guy really seems like a miserable prick, but he's also very bland. you don't get an explanation for why he wants to kill himself. maybe they don't want to spell out things too much and leave things up to your imagination. but ultimately the movie doesn't even give you enough to chew on. it's just a dude driving around on a hill talking to three people who won't do it, finding a fourth guy who will but tries sincerely to talk him out of it (the most interesting part of the movie). the dude then urgently tries to find the guy again, but it's just to elaborate slightly on his instructions. then the dude gets a ride up to where his hole is, he climbs in, it starts raining, there's a brief period of blackness, then there's some very grainy footage. it catches your attention again because it looks so different from the rest of the movie. never mind they just threw in some behind-the-scenes footage of them filming on the hill that dude is driving around on. THEN the credits roll

Yeah, but what are you looking for exactly?

What have you guys watched on it so far? Re-watched Chungking Express and Fallen Angels, and also saw Happy Together and Taipei Story for the first time. Was thinking about watching either The Color of Pomegranates or A Brighter Summer Day tonight.

>not really enough there to merit being a full length
welcome to Kiarostami. you are suppose to mediate on the feels, like that long shadow shot on the construction site