Is Who Wants to be a Millionaire just a game of luck?

Is Who Wants to be a Millionaire just a game of luck?

I mean, there's 33.34% chance of being right unless the person happen to know the answer, and lifelines can only get you so far into the game.

Let's say there are 15 questions with 4 choices each. Let's also say there are 3 lifelines: call-a-friend, 50-50, and ask-the-audience.

For each of the 15 questions, there is only 1 correct answer, and 3 incorrect answers, so immediately your chances are 1/3 = 33.34%. You can use each lifeline once. Using phone-a-friend, let's say gives you a 95% chance the person you call is correct. So 1 question is 95%. Similarly, we can say ask-the-audience gives you a 95% chance. Finally, 50-50 will remove 2 wrong answers, so you have 1 right answer and 1 wrong answer, so you basically know the answer. To recap:

Question 1: 33.34%
Question 2: 33.34%
Question 3: 33.34%
Question 4: 95%

Attached: mm.png (480x360, 131K)

9.8/10

its not luck its trivia, retard.

now this is a good pasta

kill yourself

classic

Knowing the answers helps too

Make way for the goat gameshow.

Attached: Olmec.png (481x338, 217K)

Attached: 545F9D05-58BC-4BB0-BA2D-AFE33A45A7C7.jpg (604x604, 97K)

It's partially rigged btw. Contestants are told they must milk airtime by talking about the answer instead of just final-answering the shit that's obvious.
Then when they actually get stuck and are eliminating options out loud, those are the ones that get eliminated by the lifeline.

Go back

Lurk more faggot

its 25% you dolt not 33.33%

LET'S ROCK

Checked.

Nice bait, friend

>not 12.5%

the thought process is that most multiple choice questions can have at least 1 answer logically thought out before a guess has to be made
I got through college doing this shit on test without ever studying
get rid of the obvious stupid answers and pick the one that logically fits best and you will have far more than a 25% chance or even 33% chance with a 4 answer multiple choice question

>not 33.33%

He said 33.34%

Stop strawmanning

b-but it is 1/4 is it not :( or is this a case of something being different in theory than in practice?

if you want to talk real statistics then it's 50%
you're either right or you're wrong

This. But since who wants be a gorillionaire is rigged it's actually reduced by 15%, so it goes down to 35%, the remaining 1.76% comes from taxes, vat, etc

You're almost correct, but are 4% off. You have a 50% chance to win the $1,000,000 because you either win it or you don't

HAHA I BEAT YOU TO THE ALREADY OVERUSED JOKE FAGGOT
it's still my favorite meme :)

What? An answer is either right or wrong retard, so one of thems wrong, and the right one is one of the other three. So 33.3%

Not if you pick one you know is wrong and then switch to a different one

That's assuming the player *knows* exactly which one is 100% wrong

Let me break it down for all the brainlets itt.

4 possible answers. 1 is right, 1 is wrong. Two are yet to be determined. You can eliminate both the answer you know to be right as well as the answer you know to be wrong.

Now pick one of two.

1 coin flip can either be heads or tails but it can't be both so you have a 1/2 chance of being right or wrong

Learn to use bayes theorem

>t. pseudo intellectual
It's actually like sitting in a train and you have 4 tracks, two of which split off from 1, and the other 2 split off on their own, so if you go down the first one then you have to split again, right or wrong, but you can also go down the other two which split right at the beginning which are both wrong, so they're 33.3% divided by 2, and the other 2 and 33.34% each

Just because we take inordinate pride in the accomplishments of the glorious white race doesn't mean we can name any of them.

I dont get it im sorry. There are 4 answers and only 1 of them is correct right? If you were to choose at random its a 25% chance

/sci/ esque thread

imagine being so new that this is the first time you've seen this pasta

This is pretty funny. Also checked.

I've been on this website for over a decade and only remember seeing this here a few times
some people just aren't on the hours one guy decides to post his thread for the 9000th time

great , now that you have picked a door I'll reveal one door that is wrong. Are you sure you still want to pick the answer you choose or will you switch user?
of course any baseless tryhard would now switch but staying on your answer will actually increase chances, here is why.
the two previous candidate won by switching because they had the two out of three scenario happen to them, its only logical to not do it as now comes the scenario where you guessed right te first time

Oh my god dude I think I've been laughing for 5 minutes straight at this. Fuck.

It's not but knowing Yea Forums if he's persitent some will eventually love it because they see it often.

Me too. I use it any chance I get

What's that one where you flip a coin twice, and it's guaranteed to land on heads once? The chance of getting two heads is then 33%