Tarantino said that this is his worst film, what do you guys think?

tarantino said that this is his worst film, what do you guys think?

Attached: deathrpoof.jpg (1169x1654, 347K)

Correct, but only because everyone told him it was garbage

He's wrong.

Attached: Django_Unchained_Poster.jpg (220x326, 90K)

Django is kino. It's his best since Jackie Brown 2bh senpai

opposite is true

it's his most honest, and he has to disown it because it correctly shows women are responsible for instigating rape

It's actually his best

Hateful 8

I agree, it was like a parody of his own style.

It's pretty neat, I like it.
this.
Django is trash.

His right. The movie has major plot holes and it never explains the connection between Death Proof and Planet Terror.

I don't think there is one.
The whole point of the thing is that it's a grindhouse double feature. The two movies were independently made with no relation between them.

>western movie
>Rap music or generic pop song starts playing
dropped. I fucking hate Tarantino's use of music.

Its weird.
I never think of this as an actual movie, even tho I know it is.
I always think of it as tarankinos short film.
Idk, i like it.
Not his best but its definitely good.
Also, it makes me crave nachos

Django is the worst and shittiest thing he's ever done.

They aren't independent though. Both movies were directed by Tarantino and Rodriguez. And both movies have a clear connection through the hospital scene and the nurse. But many things weren't properly explained in the movie, especially in Planet Terror. Like who did the Nurse have an affair with, why did her Dad not talk with her anymore, how did the zombie epidemic start, why was there no clear water etc.

Not far off

But this is how to spot an underage. Jackie Brown is a fucking awful trash film only supported by literal contrarians. Liking it is almost the definition of being "hipster" and it's usually a film that teenagers who are interested in film parrot as "Tarantino's best".

Deathproof >>>>> Django > JB

His taste is garbage.

He's right

Kurt Russell is the only thing good about it and he doesn't have much screen time.

best cunny flick. would impregnate the cheerleader

Attached: 1548325269628.jpg (667x661, 28K)

>the chase scene
>the lap dance scene
It's pretty entertaining but I think the grindhouse double feature gimmick turned some people off. His weakest is probably Django because he pussied out of going full Blaxploitation.

1. Pulp Fiction, has all his strengths on display.
2. Basterds, probably out does pulp when it comes to set peices and tension. Has some interesting meta commentary on war films.
3. Jackie Brown, on first viewing it feels meandering for what on paper should be a fast paced caper. Its meant to be viewed more than once to pick up on the subtler verbal tics and body language of the characters. Probably his most naturalistic film. Shows he can make a good film without all the fanciful dialogue and genre bending.
4. Reservoir Dogs, like part David Mamet play but cinematic, part Richard Stark novel but not 100% straight, with a non chronological narrative wrapped in a 70s pop soundtrack. Good blend of realism and pulpy tough guy fantasy.
5. Django Unchained, fun Hero's Journey with wild west tropes but in the Antebellum South. Funny racial commentary.
6. Death Proof, best Car Chase in the past 20 years. Like Jackie Brown its a grower.
7. Hateful Eight, very good a lot of the same pros as Dogs but without the fast pace as Dogs. Its an Agatha Christie locked door mystery in a western setting with Ennio Morricone Gaillo style score.
8. Kill Bill 2, plays more to Tarantino strengths. More emotional and definitely has better characters than 1.
9. Kill Bill 1, good not great a little shallow. Still very fun.

basterds is overrated dogshit. the only interesting characters were the basterds themselves and they were in the movie for 10 minutes

This movie blows.

Planet Terror >>>>>>>>> Death Proof

Actually I think this is his best film, Django is the worst, and Kill Bill vol. 2 is his second best, and behind that inglorious basterds.

Django is dogshit

BLOCKS YOUR PATH

Attached: 5hwow2b6zpt01.jpg (620x450, 27K)

Inglorious Basterds

Noone cared or cares about the continuity of the two films, however, Death Proof happens before Planet Terror, and any link is tertiary and of coincidence.

this, that film should be the canon example for bad pacing

/thread

This but unironically.

>style
Could you call two hours of masturbatory dialogue in place of an actual plot with gritty music and several frames of women's feet thrown in a style?

Kill Bill and Django are his worst films. His giant ego considers Death Proof (one of his finest movies) worse than those two borderline unwatchable turds because Proof is a box office disaster.

It's the exact opposite. Tarantino is for children and Jackie Brown is by far his most mature movie. Grow up.

Death Proof not making enough money is because of the gimmick of Grindhouse. It's his best work.

I loved sitting through both films when it came out and enjoying the intermission, was fucking Kino.

Decent taste.

He knows what's up
Pulp Fiction=Jackie Brown>Reservoir Dogs>Inglourious Basterds>Hateful Eight>Kill Bill Vol. 1>Kill Bill Vol. 2>Django Unchained>Death Proof

>and it's usually a film that teenagers who are interested in film parrot as "Tarantino's best".
no it's not lmao. teenagers who are "interested in film" love pulp fiction

PF>RD>JB>IB>H8>DU>KB1>DP>KB2

It's rather fitting that the end "boss character" wasn't Candy or any other white man.... but a black. I think Tarantino did this on purpose. After all, it was black men like Steven who sold slaves to whites in the first place. Steven is more than just an uncle tom in this movie, he is the "symbol" of the slave trade and how fucked up it really was.

Attached: 1450674726915.gif (500x208, 3.93M)

the nurse was a lesbian that's why there was a rift between her and her father

This. It was astoundingly obvious to the point that it was spelled out as a plot point of the film.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

yeah and the rest of the shit he's complaining about doesn't matter. sounds like faggy pleb who complains too much.

>it's another "pseud shits on Kill Bill" episode

have sex

can we all agree that this is his worst movie? it's only entertaining from the golden watch chapter onwards

Attached: 1.png (1920x816, 813K)

The Nurse had an affair with Fergie, her dad was probably mad because she was a lesbo, and the zombie shit happened because of Bruce Willis and the Indian guy at the beginning. Am I being trolled?

>Am I being trolled?

Thats what your mommy said when she gave birth to you

I doubt she would use that lingo in the early 90’s or even now, friend

Hateful Eight is far worse than Django

Yea, Basterds turned me off Tarentino. Django finished the job. Didnt bother with hateful 8. But I will probably download Once Upon a time in Hollywood

keep telling that yourself so you can sleep better at night

The ending sucked dick. Kurt should have murdered them all

He has made so many bad films so it's hard to say.

nah it's really good, but the ending is fucking gay

>Kurt Russell turns into an utter incompetent bitch at the end

Do they explain at all why it plays out like this?

+1

I don't like sex. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.

Attached: sandyvagina.jpg (1080x540, 108K)

Tarantino's submissive fetishes, just like the rest of the movie

>I don't like sex.

Don't worry, no one would even want to have sex with you.

it's easily his worst. a close second is the one with the dumb fucking vampries

I like it

Attached: 01dcd821ebe0a463cb76984cd3d0af01.jpg (500x563, 52K)

I think the idea was that his character is calm and collected when he's the hunter, but he loses his shit when he's the hunted. It's a subversion of the unphased calculated killer trope.

Ive never felt more uncomfortable than when that girl was on the hood of that car. Scariest shit I’ve ever seen in a movie theater. Since then I’m a /pol/ack and watch rekt threads for days. But as a normie kid that shit disturbed me.

Steven wasn't uncle Tom, he was uncle Ruckus.

This, he might as well have just filmed himself for 10 seconds saying how much he wants nigger cock in his mouth

steven was using candy for his own gain, he did not actually love and want to be like white people

Could’ve been his best but he pussied out and turned Kurt Russell into a whiny faggot who was somehow scared of 3 women. That ending is the definition of girl power. It came out nowadays that would’ve killed his career but feminism wasn’t really popular back then

Agreed desu, I didn’t even need him to win, he deserved some payback. But it should’ve just been badass Kurt Russell vs 3 capable women who end up outsmarting him and making him fling his car off a cliff, not 3 unbearably yaas kween tumblr users beat up a guy who turned into a pussy over a gunshot wound yet showed no fear when crashing his vehicle earlier in the movie