What is the best King Arthur film or show Yea Forums?

what is the best King Arthur film or show Yea Forums?

Attached: 1555283379773.png (516x516, 506K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rGrQLAUeY1I
youtube.com/watch?v=7Ll4qS4anGo
youtube.com/watch?v=gjbWDjzTM0A
youtube.com/watch?v=rKBLd5vScH0
youtube.com/watch?v=PIWRbqf3lx4&list=RDPIWRbqf3lx4&start_radio=1
youtube.com/watch?v=YXUXI19XDno
youtube.com/watch?v=XIlacBLLzEE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Excalibur

/thread/

You can't /thread/ your own post pleb. Also, Excalibur.

Excalibur > The Sword in the Stone > King Arthur (2004) > Legend of the Sword > The Last Legion

Attached: 1487819407235.jpg (1080x1350, 119K)

/thread

/thread

you can when your answer is this right

/thread

fpbp

youtube.com/watch?v=rGrQLAUeY1I
For me it's King Arthur 2004.

Attached: artorius.png (1262x666, 1.87M)

why does every zimmer soundtrack sound the same

thoughts? I liked elements of it but overall it was lousy.

Attached: king_arthur_whv_keyart.jpg (1400x2100, 2.43M)

it's a post madonna ritchie film what do you expect?

>inb4 go back to Yea Forums

Attached: Saber Fate.jpg (800x1131, 243K)

IT'S THE BOY KING!
THE BOY KING IS HERE!
fucking kino

If it works don't change it.

Was this any good?

Attached: kid_who_would_be_king.jpg (510x755, 85K)

maybe if you're six years old

IS IT TRUE?! LANCELOT! LANCELOT! LANCELOT'S WITH US! HYAAAAAAAH!

Attached: Excalibur.mp4_snapshot_02.09.55_[2017.04.02_02.34.30].png (1920x1080, 1.28M)

I legitimately liked it quite a bit but this user is correct:

It's definitely made for a younger audience.

Attached: kwwbk.jpg (230x345, 48K)

Fate//Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

Aquaman

F/SN Last Episode

First Knight

Fate Stay Night

she is so hot i would berry my dick so far inside her ass who ever could pull it out would be crowned king arthur

Faggot bus just turned up

Merlin 1998

Is it related in any way to pic related? The styles seem to be very similar

Attached: 268x0w.png (268x402, 206K)

Attached: pic.jpg (312x445, 34K)

fpbp

youtube.com/watch?v=7Ll4qS4anGo

Okay this is fucking epic and ultra based and redpilled

>'gritty' cinematography
>short, modern haircuts
>lack of any sense of spirituality

It can only be shit.

The one that had this guy as Lancelot. Accurate representation of medieval PoCs of Color is something tv truly seems to lack.

Attached: lancelot.jpg (1000x1500, 383K)

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

saauce me

Not connected, but both are clearly trying to be updates of classic characters with modern action style.

J Scott Campbell art, mostly does pin-up covers for Marvel. Also creator of comics like Gen 13 and Danger Girl

Oh, ok. I had to ask since everyone and their mom is trying to chase that "cinematic universe" crap

Merlin

Don't know if best but I sure loved this as a kid. First sex scene I ever saw was incest.

Attached: god in human form.jpg (640x360, 27K)

the show with eva green

The Once and Future King

god i hate the fate series so much

This

campbell always draws the same fucking girl over and over again. Just with different hair.

utter trash

F/SN :^))))))))))))))))))))

He draws his wife basically

Attached: JSC and wife.png (765x768, 1.25M)

I remember watching a pretty cool merlin miniseries many years ago but I can't remember what it was called at all.

Ya'all are Small Time.

Behold, Hair Metal King Arthur, Arthurian Legeng kino if there ever was any.

youtube.com/watch?v=gjbWDjzTM0A

Attached: King Arthur butt.jpg (640x480, 39K)

damn. good for him.

damn good on him for pulling that with the whole no chin thing going on

Already been said but Fate/Stay Night the animation (not UBW)

Go back to Yea Forums, they have better taste than Yea Forums

based

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Fate_Zero_25_(1920x1080_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[AD2A82DA].mkv_snapshot_19.30_[2019.02.16_20.00.31 (1920x1080, 204K)

I liked the fantasy elements (especially the merpeople) and that it had magic.

Everything else was meh.

Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice

Unironically it really is Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

Knights of the Round Table 1953 is my underrated favourite.

I remember thinking that the first 10 minutes seemed like the cliffnotes of a better film, and that they made Uther a wholesome Jor-El figure rather than a figure that people have legitimate reasons to want revenge on. The graffiti aesthetic was pretty cool though.

Attached: Knights of the Round Table 1953.png (1024x841, 1.29M)

Okay this is fucking epic and ultra based and redpilled

Attached: IMG_2708.jpg (338x500, 48K)

bumping

Attached: clown makeup.jpg (888x499, 72K)

Sam Neil's Merlin and Last Legion
also acceptable

I’ve always wondered, does she have a Guinevere? Is she a cuckqueen?

The Star Wars prequels should have been structured around the Arthurian saga. The only difference would be that instead of there being a King Arthur as such, it would have been the Jedi Order as an institution.

Attached: boys_king_arthur_-_n-_c-_wyeth_-_p306.jpg (1590x1978, 607K)

Wait, so King Arthur was just some asshole jock?
Why was there a shot of a bunch of football players?

>wow, there's a whole four hour long King Arthur movie?
>and it's got Richard Harris and Franco Nero, they're great!
>I can't believe I never heard of this before, I better watch it as soon as possible

>oh, it's shit

Camelot is the worst Arthur movie.

Attached: camelot-md-web.jpg (960x1317, 566K)

>the kino that could have been

Attached: EXCLAIBUR INTENSIFIES 2.webm (800x332, 2.96M)

Attached: excalibur painting.jpg (1277x1600, 520K)

No. Originally she is a woman, turned into a man by Merlin, then back into a woman. Then gets RICED by a Japanese man and a Japanese woman. Eventually, however, she was expanded. It's a bit confusing so bear with me. Okay, so she's a woman, born a woman, made into a man by Merlin, unites Britain, gets turned back into a woman, this however took time and during the process of transformation her sister Morgan entered the ritual chamber. The final part of his(her) body was his(her) penis, so Morgan basically made it get erect, mounted her and got impregnated. Arturia had no clue of this iirc. Fast forward and Mordred is born, now Mordred is a girl but identifies as a boy (and if you count the games as canon, is genderfluid) and joins the Knights of the Round Table to become the best knight to please Saber. This goes on and Mordred speaks to her mother (who is Saber's sister, remember) and says that Saber isn't being nice to him(her) and won't make him(her) the head Knight. Morgan then tells Mordred that Saber is her father(mother) and that he(she) is the heir to the throne of Britain. So Mordred goes back and goes 'I'm your son(daughter), that makes me your heir so I am the heir, haha' at which point Saber goes 'You're not my son(daughter), and I do not recognise you as my heir, fuck off' and so Mordred runs away crying and tells her mother and Morgan goes 'Okay well if your father(mother) won't give you the throne, take it from him(her)' and so all that happens.

Anyway, here is more fight scenes from the King Arthur film by Richie.

Attached: EXCLAIBUR INTENSIFIES.webm (700x292, 2.86M)

Great premise, shit movie.
The correct answer, of course, is Excalibur.

the animated version

user I'd like to believe you're making that up, but I've seen worse before so I genuinely believe you. I've abandoned all hope.

Attached: 1554186858614.jpg (268x265, 12K)

Go back to /vg/ gachacuck

Does she have a penis when she gets RICED by a Japanese woman or are talkin’ hot girl on girl here?

I am not, no.

No. That's the original story before the entire thing got popular and they decided to expand it all. Originally it's just her getting RICED. It becomes weirder later on in it's development. Seriously, the entire franchise is bizarre. Pic related.

Attached: saber exp.jpg (413x5760, 520K)

By no I mean she doesn't have a penis. It's just lesbian sex.

This board can still be saved.

>mail lingerie
That's my fetish, please identify this female.

What anime is this?

Making any historical figure a cute anime girl will make them better, prove me wrong.

Attached: Japanese King Arthur.jpg (800x595, 285K)

who is this watery tart?

I would, but I can't post identical images

>a story with actual characters vs thousands of soulless kiddies adventure cashgrab
Yea Forums is always right.

>Just lesbian sex
Homo detected

>Hollywood Film
>Does Historical Film
>All historical films are never 100% accurate, even autistic ones like Waterloo (1970)
>Character is changed some way from history
>Yea Forums screeches about [insert thing that triggers them whilst also saying that the political side they are don't do this and only the other side does]

>Japan gets historical setting or character
>Makes a dude a girl, then a futanari, then a girl. Makes another dude a girl but with gender identify issues. Makes another dude a trap despite no historical records or stories ever mentioning this. Has them interact with other famous people from across history and fight
>Yea Forums is silent and is OK with this

I do not get it. Is it simply because it's 2D? I mean, Japan has also done it to Sherlock Holmes, but nobody seems to mind. Also did it with Arsene Lupin. Plus Aleister Crowley. Nobody minds these completely historically inaccurate characters, but if it happens in the West it's somebody bad.

The story is in-show, real king arthur and knights of the round table are frozen in crystal by Morgana and her Stone Knights.

Merlin summons a team of "knights" from the future to take their place. I don't remember if they have actual relation to the real King Arthur or not.

all i want is semi historical, non magical, character study of arthur, a leader of a people on the backfoot, divided and on the brink of destruction. set in the north of present day england in ~c.600 with the story focusing on a hopeless losing battle for arthur against the encroaching anglo saxons cumilating in his death at the battle of catraeth when goddodin is annihilated. using period accurate clothing, armour and weapon. the final scene should show the slaughter of the britons with a recantation of the poem Y Gododdin.

Based and Excalibur Pilled

Every single white person of European descent should watch Excalibur at least 5 times in their life time. It's no wonder Jews complained that the film was fascist at the time.

Attached: excalibur sword from water.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

This will never happen with Jews in charge of Hollywood. They are biologically incapable of relating to the morality of Arthurian Mythology AKA Christianity.

Odd.

I want the complete opposite. With fantasy shit all over the place, and the least possible emphasis on real events.

>battle of catraeth
You mean Battle of Camlann.

Will technology be able to fix excalibur's dub in the future?
>inb4 pleb it doesnt need fixing
It stands out in an otherwise perfect movie

>Sam Neil's Merlin
This

Fate has turned into such an abortion, I miss the simple days of powerlevel arguments, shipping faggotry and general TM shenanigans.

It is because Fate became the edgy Dragon Ball Z fandom of Japan, the franchise makes multi-billions every year because they were an early adopters of gacha

>complained that the film was fascist at the time.
What was the reasoning?

She does have a Guinevere, and in one of the anime adaptations Lancelot is all pissed at himself for cucking Saber.

That's because it doesn't really matter more because nowadays Hollywood's historical innacuracies lay more on making people watch the film and go Rich people = greedy, conservative white male = bad, women = oppressed, and literally spin the events around and change the historical characters' personalities to fit this style of storytelling.

This in my opinion is much more destructive and offensive than a composite character or changing the order of Battle A and Battle B. The Japanese are just taking the piss into making everything jerk off material, literally who cares.

>It's no wonder Jews complained that the film was fascist at the time.
fucking how

he's just talking out of his ass

A NOBLE KNIGHT? SWEAR FAITH TO A SQUIRE?

Attached: arthur.jpg (1232x678, 232K)

ARE YOU MAD?

THE A L L I A N C E

my point is it is the same shit. They both take something historical with set shit and change it to fit their particular culture. This is fine. But when Hollywood does it, it is bad. I understand making X a woman or Y black is annoying, but it doesn't change the historical fact. If the Battle of Marathon was commanded by a transgender woman otherkin in a Hollywood film, it won't change the fact it was commanded by Miltiades. Yet people get upset. Yes, it sucks. But it doesn't change what happened. I just don't understand why some people do not mind what Japan does to existing things. Hell, Japan makes history comic books to explain historical generals and makes them all girls in lingerie (bar Monty, who for some reason is a crying loli, probably over Operation Market Garden having everything possible go wrong, go wrong) or do comics about elite special forces in the world and make all of them girls. Yeah, it's fap material, but it's still taking something and twisting it. Both are insidious.

BvS

there's a difference, one is for virtue signalling/clickbait articles/political propaganda in which it's just gonna mean these people getting more and more insane and influence everyone into voting democrat and burning republicans, the other is for virgins to masturbate while maybe looking up the actual historical figures.

Excalibur is a Traditionalist movie, which, in modern political terms makes it "fascist". This scene in particular is what made Jewish critics mad at the time because it says that King Arthur and the land are one, a Traditionalist, or fascist concept. When King Arthur, the authoritarian ruler, becomes ill the entire nation becomes ill. It goes directly against the Jewish morality of 'The Authoritarian Personality' By Adorno.

youtube.com/watch?v=rKBLd5vScH0

Good show.

Wow. Fate is truly the most demented pozzed shit to have ever come out of Japan.

>King Arthur (2004)
Seriously? This one is pretty lame.

>I remember thinking that the first 10 minutes seemed like the cliffnotes of a better film
That's a perfect way to describe it

Good for him, that girl is way out of his league

this makes me think two nukes were woefully inadequate

no i mean catraeth. i know that arthur was not present for the battle of catraeth. but said event had huge repercussions and using it as a backdrop for a briton king trying to hold back the angles and ultimately failing makes sense

> implying this isn't the result of the radiation

Attached: alexandria-basso-devushka-lico.jpg (596x380, 79K)

they were really low yield warheads

If there was only one nuke would anime be kino?

M I L K JUS A R R I V E

You're my favorite person of the day.

arthur could replace mynyddog mwynfawr in the historical battle.

you could reference perceived supernatural things like having a merlin character who is a christian priest with druidic traits as would have been likely in brythonic societies. there are plenty of significant sites that would provide on location sets that link to pre saxon britain and lend to a mystic feel

Attached: castlerigg~19331.jpg (1140x855, 299K)

hellboy im kidding its one of the worst movies ive ever seen

Simple fission devices blow themselves apart before much fallout can be produced. Anyone who survived the blast and fires unscathed and wasn't in utero at the time was likely to be no worse years later.

Truly apocalyptic fallout requires either cobalt salting or three stage thermonuclear weapons, which nobody has dared deploy for decades now.

alas any arthurian film will be set in a high medieval "england" despite him being a romano briton

Attached: harold.png (940x766, 45K)

Bunch of fags. It's obviously King Arthur and the knights of justice.

youtube.com/watch?v=PIWRbqf3lx4&list=RDPIWRbqf3lx4&start_radio=1

WHO AM I?

This. I mean, Fate/Zero has King Arthur ON A FUCKING MOTORCYCLE. How badass is that?

To be fair, the gender-swap thing with Fate came late. Nasu actually started writing the story back in the '90s, even before Kara no Kyoukai. Saber was originally going to be male, with a female master. The story went undeveloped through Type-Moon's doujin-soft period, taking a backseat to Tsukihime and Melty Blood. But when the decision was made to develop it as a commercial VN, there was concern that an eroge with a female protagonist wouldn't sell, so they swapped Saber's gender and gave her a new master. In the process they actually managed to find an interesting new take on a legendary character.

And the distinction I would make is that even though there are historical character involved, it's essentially a fantasy setting (vampires, magic, etc.). I expect historical settings to be reasonably accurate to history. I don't expect fantasy settings to be accurate to the real world.

I mean, for instance, are people complaining that Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter doesn't reflect the real "Honest Abe?"

thanks joker

nani

>interesting new take
no

Nah, start with Catraeth (Y Goddoddin sung in original in the background) and the survivors traveling to Arthur's court- already established, we don't need a twelfth sword in the stone scene. Kynon ap Clydno becomes one of Arthur's knights. Have Arthur's victories at Badon be a temporary resurgence for the Britons, only to be brought down by Mordred's betrayal at the climax at Camlann.
Also this, just obviously no foreground magic.

OI MATE I EARD U WUZ DISSIN ME KNIGHTS OF DA ROUN TABUL, UR A CHEEKY BUGGA U ARE INNIT

Reminder that Fate Bedivere is pure

And Kino incoming soon

2 kinos

Attached: fgocomic354.png (453x1199, 456K)

awesome.i really like this idea

living the dream

At least say Zero or Fate route. UBW barely references her past.

This is infinitely better than any other Arthur adaption as it references the brythonic background of the story. Y Gododdin is an incredibly moving poem that is based off of real events that stand to be incredibly important in the ethno linguistic history of the British Isles

Attached: knightsofjustice.jpg (480x360, 25K)

> I mean, if I went around sayin' I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me away!

>Sam Neil's Merlin
Came into this thread to post this.
Also Excalibur.
Yea Forums has good taste this time.

>fucking galahad

Attached: fgocomic173.png (850x1135, 1.27M)

SABER?!!

>we will never have a J Scott Campbell Fate/Stay Night

It was the old wound, my King. It has never healed.
youtube.com/watch?v=YXUXI19XDno

I'm not 100% sure Arthur was even in this one, but I'm pretty sure it was based anyway apart from a shitty CGI dragon or something.

Attached: MV5BMTYzNDExNjk2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQ3NjYxMQ@@._V1_[1].jpg (339x475, 34K)

Kid who would be king was fun

Yea he was. Cersei plays Guinevere too.

i think that it was a decent movie but too many blacks and the cgi was just horrible
tasteful slowmotion would have worked a lot better

This. Excalibur is the only only that doesn't completely shit on the Arthurian mythos

Attached: excalibur_pdvd_475.jpg (713x389, 70K)

Attached: Янки.jpg (600x450, 36K)

I love excalibur but why is the entire film dubbed over? did they not manage to catch good sound at all on all those outdoor sceneries and stone castles?

This gave me a boner

Plebs, all of you.

Attached: 183567.jpg (1280x1024, 336K)

Based. This is a Saber thread now.

Attached: __artoria_pendragon_and_saber_fate_grand_order_and_etc_drawn_by_lq_saku__4d35eba657819e1b330cc2d364d (2048x1720, 373K)

>feminist anti-Christian propaganda

Yikes. Go back to you know where

The '98 one, or the '08 BBC series? Cause one of those two answers is very wrong.

Come on user, you didn't even mention Alter.

fate stay night

>the female feminist author of the novel got accused of supplying little girls for her and her husband to molest together or something
lmao
at least it's not anime

This. The score alone is pure kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=XIlacBLLzEE

Doesn't the book start with Galahad raping his cousin?