Kylo Ren

The only good thing to come from Newars is Kylo

Prove me wrong, you cant.

He is LITERALLY the only person with an arc in Disney Wars

Attached: Ben_Solo.jpg (960x540, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0GLbwkfhYZk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah, he was my favorite part of VII and VIII for sure.
I was triggered after VII came out and normies were shitting on him because he wasn't Vader. Finding out he's a whiney fanboy was the best use of subversion in NewWars

The only time he didn't suck at everything he was doing, was in the first scene of episode 7. He hasn't done one interesting thing since.

He could have been, but TLJ squandered him and frankly it's not saying much considering how bad it all is. A pale imitation of Jacen Solo wearing a copy of Revan's outfit desu. Also, I find it hard to care when his actor so clearly thinks himself above the role and Star Wars, at least Boyega and Oscar Isaac enjoy their roles and the franchise.

He was a whiny kid, who, with a proper second film really could be coming into his own right now. He kind of looks pretty cool in the teaser.

>the crybaby murderer
that's a yikes from me, friendo

poe is cool too
he could do with some more development and screentime tho

Attached: poe.jpg (765x900, 77K)

i dont really get why he does.. everything that he does. why was he following snoke? why does he lead the FIrst Order?

His face is hideously ugly and I can't stand to see it for longer than a few seconds

He was largely ruined by the second movie although he had a lot of potential to be cool.
Maybe he can recover if they fuck up his face so he’s forced to get a mask again and change his personality because of trauma or whatever.
He’s an unlikable cunt

I think you just mean his lightsaber and helmet, because otherwise nah.

>He’s an unlikable cunt
how?

Your wrong, and also an unlikable cunty cunt.

he's everything people didn't like about anakin rolled into one character

Thats not how you write BB-8

Poe has no character, he's "hot-headed Action Man" without any nuance or depth. Everyone in the NuSeries besides Kylo seems to be this generic cardboard cutout of an archetype, like the corporate wageslaves at Disney simply don't understand how to put more than base thought into things.

Because that's the horrible truth of the NuWars trilogy, they're movies made by NPCs, for NPCs.

>thinking you’re above nuwars
Not sure I blame him honestly

>Poe

Who?

youre just jealous of all the girls he gets

true

Attached: Ven sVVolo.png (949x768, 707K)

There's a reason he was the only NuWars character trending on twitter the day of the reveal.

He's the most popular and he's great. The other characters are shit and Kylo haters are a loud minority.

Attached: 1555149534196.webm (1280x720, 956K)

Did anyone else laugh when he removed his helmet in VII?

No, he thinks he's above Star Wars in general and never liked it.

I don’t know and I don’t remember the movies that well at this point to go into details.
He’s arrogant and annoying. He’s supposed to be replacing Solo who is also sharing those traits, but at least he was more charming and resourceful or whatever.
I also really don’t like his face.

You're right and you should say it.

Attached: bestboy.png (615x577, 228K)

He doesn’t think he’s above the role. He works harder than any other member of the cast

>Poe has no character, he's "hot-headed Action Man" without any nuance or depth.
That's the point. He's intended to be symbolic of every white man even though he isn't even a white man.

Poe is an irrelevant shitty filler character, stop posting forever.

But that's stupid

Obviously not true at all, he couldn't even be bothered to be at Celebration unlike the rest of the cast who showed up for the panel and stayed all weekend to hang out with fans.

Just say you are jealous and go.

Attached: 1544111200787.jpg (492x810, 122K)

>faggot Jacen

Either way, he's fucking garbage so you're not helping his case at all.

Don't reply to me again. I said youre wrong, and a cunt.

I thought that he would actually man up, but he's still a crybaby through and through. He's not Vader, but rather a tryhard Anakin Skywalker with sand in his vagina

Eat shit cuck.

>Oscar Isaac shitters trying to invade the thread

You are so transparent. Go away be jealous somewhere else.

rogue one

This is a common opinion faggot

Kylo has no reason to be evil
The whole SW universe and how the force works is fucking retarded
>be mad once
>now your evil
>let yourself die
>youre a good boy and come back as a ghost but only good boys can be ghosts
>use force speed to run away from battle droids
>normally jog between beams and watch your master die
Stupidest shit it literally makes you dumber

>literal who Twitter screencap
>white knighting a stuck up celeb who doesn't give a single fuck about his role or fans

Fuck off you utterly pathetic faggot.

wtf stop liking white males THE FORCE IS FEMALE REE

t. Oscarcuck

This isn't a thread about your ugly, irrelevant fave. Go shitpost about his manlet visage somewhere else.

The smell of roast beef coming off this thread is overpowering

Isn't he in some Broadway production with Keri Russell right now? Swear there were ads for it

>literal who

He's an actor in IX, you fucking retard kek

>white knighting

Are you mad because we're not praising your ugly manlet fave Oscar?

Why SHOULDN'T he think that he's above the role and above that whole retarded franchise?

He's doing a play right now and Daisy/John/Oscar are the most shady, conceited fucking actors please fuck off forever. My fucking sides. Trying to praise them and shit on Adam Drive, what fucking universe are you living in?

Kylo Ren sucks just like every other Disney Wars character.

Because he's not? He's not talented.

Why does he wear the mask? again?

>trying to drag Adam Driver

He is probably the only fucking actor who actually gives a shit about the character and role and story and he's the nicest most professional guy according to everyone he has worked with.

So sorry he couldn't stick to hang around with your hack starlet fave and her lackey manlets because he was busy collecting nominations during Awards Season and doing a Broadway play because he actually cares about his craft and isn't just there for attention or to be a "celebrity".

The guy got a fucking Oscar nom and spent the entire Awards season downplaying himself and saying he knows he's only a small part of the bigger project my God the fucking audacity to try and call him of all people conceited.

Did you just roll in from Twitter?

Can you just fuck off and go make a thread for you ugly shitter fave so it can 404 at 15 posts or something?

I really thought he’s becoming a Sith to tap into that dark power, become stronger and get closer to Snoke to defeat him. And killing his father was something like a final test.

But apparently no, it’s all pointless now.

Says the shitter praising Oscar and John. Only SJW pretend they are relevant in SW.

STANDING HERE
I REALIZE

Attached: 1555219065483.webm (858x452, 255K)

I too enjoyed Shadow the Hedgehog

Attached: E9D355FB-FFB9-445F-9C3B-6D355146CAB5.jpg (499x375, 30K)

This nihilist scoundrel is pretty good too.

Attached: dj_503c3838.jpg (960x540, 57K)

He's a faggot who's backstory isnt even touched upon in the movies but require you to read multiple books to get the slightest idea of why hes fucked in the head
Disney is full of fucking morons who don't know how to make good characters
Fuck the mouse

I wasn't praising them, your post just sounded like a crazy twitter stan rant.

>assmad tumblr landwhale roastie praising this ugly faggot itt

Pathetic thread desu. Not a real Star Wars fan. Sent.

Based and redpilled

Attached: 1555274794251.png (1059x534, 1.16M)

>I wasn't praising them.

Good, because they are shit.

He looks like a Jew, though.

I swear Adam Driver fans are the most easily triggered people on the internet. Are they all trannies?

on 7 he was nice
on 8 he was an unlikable ass

No worse, they're actual females.

Keep trying to push your ugly manlet fave in these threads, no one gives a fuck about him but you and SJW virtue signallers.

says the triggered Poeshitter who posts in threads that have nothing to do with him

Just fat, mentally I'll women. I think it's just one or two of them that spam here constantly. Report their posts, they don't belong here.

It all comes down to the script writers and directors. Looking at the Sequels again, it shows the lack of experience and wisdom the staff has collectively.
>The Star Wars lore has been revamped to a simplified timeline, for casuals who are interested in Star Wars flick-wise, but don't want to delve deeper into the universe
>Military knowledge is a fucking joke. This is by far the weakest aspect of TFA and TLJ. It literally takes the Wars out of Star Wars
>Characters are cardboard, and the writers definitely lack the creativity to ever make them interesting, so they try to make them overpowered and made the enemies incompetent to compensate for the protagonists/antagonists deadpan personalities.
There's no accountability/leadership for these directors. Rian Johnson reflects blame to the consumers instead of owning up to the mess he's created. I'm not sure if JJ Abrams has taken responsibility, but he's also a hack-in-denial and seems too arrogant to accept the blame, possibly thinking the success of TFA was due to his performance rather than the built-up hype after the Prequels ended.

Attached: King of Retro.gif (300x169, 884K)

>waahh why aren't you talking about Poe? Don't respond to me ever again if you think he's unlikable!

Immediately mentioned Poe and when people didn't like him you start shitting your pants and trying to shit on Adam Driver. You must be manlets IRL to be so insecure.

Theyre bad but they’re not as bad as Boyega whales

Kylo was the only character that was trending on twitter of the new characters not your ugly fucking face Poe who no one gives a single fuck about.

Keep reaching manlet lover.

He's still not up to par with the rest of the series.

says the Oscarwhale

>waah why don't people care about my fave, stop talking about Adam NEVER RESPOND TO ME AGAIN

In the EU there were sith ghosts.

>Military knowledge is a fucking joke. This is by far the weakest aspect of TFA and TLJ. It literally takes the Wars out of Star Wars

To be fair, so was in the OT.

The Clone Wars is the only fleshed out war in the Star Wars canon. We know everything from its politics, logistics, spread across numerous battlefronts, and the units involved, its ultimate end, and the real orchestrating hand behind it.

>literally who
He plays Merry in LOTR and he's in Ep IX

If only you knew how bad things really were

Attached: 1552763091322.jpg (500x281, 118K)

>tries to push Poe on people
>gets promptly shit on
>cries

>new tactic
>tries to shit on Adam Driver
>gets promptly shit on
>cries

This is a Kylo Ren thread, go away you ugly manlet cuck.

Imagine being this mentally ill.

I wasn't aware that Boyega or the Poe actor even had fans

Why are you posting a picture of yourself, Oscarwhale?

This is a Kylo Ren thread, are you confused? Did you lose your way from tumblr? Go back there and pretend Oscar and John are attractive.

This, Kylo was good subversion

I'm not shitting on Driver. I like Adam Driver. The internet has a lot of people on it, enjoy your stay(and eat shit cuck).

Just because he doesn’t do nerd conversations doesn’t mean he doesn’t take his job seriously

Butt hurt fanboy

I'm a different user, but it's obvious that you're extremely buttblasted, roastie. You must be PMSing.

Attached: 1477693677794.gif (325x235, 1.59M)

They don't. Their only "fans" are SJWhales who try and use them to shit on Kylo Ren because "why would you want to date a white male Nazi schoolshooter when you could have these unproblematic POC men instead!?!?"

They are a minority anyway.

Neck your self sweaty.

I'd rather not. I prefer sanity. The pathetic psycho in this thread is the female equivalent of that crying beta youtuber being memed here now. Actually, probably worse now that I think about it.

Poe is shit, Kylo is based. Glad you understand.

Am I the only one who adds an imaginary cartoonishly girly scream whenever he has one of his autistic fits?

This.

Attached: soy.jpg (207x250, 5K)

>says the Poeshitter having a tantrum in a Kylo Ren thread because no one liked their ugly fave

Are you going to cry on twitter again about how women prefer Kylo to your "unproblematic" fave?

>Poewhale.jpg

Vader is the best character, along with Yoda and to some extent, Luke
Then it's the solid though not particularly outstanding/deep characters like Han, Leia, 3PO, the Emperor etc
Then it's Kylo
Then it's the sort of shallow but it's good as fun companions, Chewie and R2
Then it's everyone else in Nu Wars
Then it's the shallow companions from Nu Wars like BB8 and Porgs

Do you realize how many fucking projects Adam Driver is involved in at any given time, faggot? Unlike nearly everybody else in the cast, he has a growing career outside of Star Wars. He also avoids celebrity social media drama and simply works his ass off.

This and Finn is decent even though he could've been so much better.

Eat shit fag.

He's so dreamy.

Cardboard cutouts are 100000x better than the characters in the prequels, who had no character.

Padme was at least a cardboard cutout of a female action hero until Sith ruined her.

Kylo is based, and Poe isn't shit. Eat shit cuck. Adam won't suck your cock; he doesn't care about how many pretend arguments you get into to defend his honor you tranny.

Thats literally the point of his character. Why do you people think hes the main villain? Hes a loser good guy kid who WANTS to be the villain and does evil things to try and force himself to be like his grandfather but feels super guilty and conflicted regardless.

>tldr: i haven't seen this movie other than a few webms posted her and cherrypicked scenes on youtube. I don't like this dude because hes a mexican spic shitskin and that whore slut woman Rey and nigger Finn suck this movie sucks and i hate it because i'm a nazi virgin loser
did i miss anything champ?

Poe is shit and irrelevant. A literal filler character that should have died in the opening of TFA. Oscar Isaac is also overrated and lies his way into every role and only SJW trannies and manlet incels who self-insert into him care about him.

>had to cry to JJ to not kill off his character
>pretends he's Jewish to get roles that's why he changed his last name. I can't imagine stanning such a pathetic loser.

Oscar Isaac is ugly and overrated.

Oscar won't suck your cock; he doesn't care about how many pretend arguments you get into to defend his honor you tranny.

Poe is an irrelevant shit btw, Kylo was trending and not your fave. Boohoo.

>bunch of shit no one cares about

Fuck off tranny, eat shit cuck

Attached: 1493658776773.jpg (828x1034, 139K)

You're right, no one gives a fuck about Poe.

t. SJW cuck

Why does this retarded, delusional roastie think anyone else in this thread she is responding to are female? There are no other women here you psycho, fucking leave you disgusting sack of shit.

would explain why he's so unsightly

>copy paste warrior

Welcome to the internet! I hope you enjoy yourself.

I think he's the one instance of the sequel trilogy's awkward self-awareness/self-obsession that works naturally with the story. As a core concept I'd say he's one of the smartest things in Star Wars in general. I don't think the movies have utilized him as well as they could have, though. I like how TLJ depicts his relationship/mutual obsession with Rey as being a reflection of their loneliness and displacement, but the problem is that Rey herself is just such an unnatural character it brings the whole thing down. Making so much of Kylo revolve around Rey is a little boring because Rey herself is so fucking boring and so much of the story unnaturally revolves around her already.

And now in IX we see him taking up the helmet again. Why? Maybe I'll be surprised and IX will give a good answer (I imagine it'll be some kind of compartmentalizing but the reason is what makes or breaks it) but it reeks of backpedaling for the sake of merchandising.

This weirdo needs to come back

Attached: quigonjin.png (375x242, 153K)

Kylo is more interesting than any of those characters. I'm not saying that to be edgy, Luke is an amazing character for instance even though he's a good guy.

Did Oscar rape you? Tell me now, and we can go burn his house together.

I will enjoy Kylo being relevant and popular while you cry about your irrelevant fave every thread, thank you.

You're right about the OT, but it was the first of the series and there was a lot of lessons learned. This may be a controversial opinion, but I really did like the Prequels. I enjoyed the action and lightsaber battles as a kid/teen and found myself more interested in the geopolitics and drama as I grew older. The Prequels and the EU at the time really made the SW universe very appealing. It's a shame that the Sequel writers are too arrogant to use existing material from other people/groups. It just drives me up a wall thinking about how detailed the previous SW sagas were and how shallow the Disney Sequels are in comparison.

Attached: Iiy5qOB.gif (1000x510, 1.34M)

he acts like an edgy incompetent 12 year old autist

I’ve seen the movie, it just was so unremarkable that it’s gone from my memory

i think the kylo ren fan is on some sort of medication or is an alcoholic. that's the only explanation for this kind of behavior.

He's entitled to think whatever the fuck he wants. But if that affects the quality of his work it makes him unprofessional. See: Alec Guinness

>Oscar

literally who

Attached: 1493658776773.png (828x1034, 557K)

Poe and Finn were always garbage.

He had an arc going but then he ended up basically back where he started.

The person you're obsessed with hating. He'sdone some good movies(and some dog shit awful ones), but the way you're letting him live rent free lends me to think he stuck his cock in your (tranny) asshole. I don't agree with your lifestyle but that would be unnacceptable, and I will go fuck him up with you.

Kylo doesn't revolve around Rey. Rey revolves around Kylo and the Skywalkers.

I agree him taking up the helmet is a bad idea, I wish JJ weren't such a hack. Maybe they will spin it into something good, but I'm having a hard time thinking of anything acceptable.

I do have a cool theory that he melts Vader's helmet down and then uses some of that to reforge his own. I just think the idea of him having a helmet at all is stupid considering the development he went through last movie.

At least he's mostly been shown without the helmet in every shot from EP IX.

Attached: 1555187052410.jpg (540x540, 64K)

stop posting in my thread nazi

Mhm, that's nice. Go make a thread about him if you love him so much so I can watch it 404 before bump limit.

Like I said I welcome to the internet newfriend! You seem to have trouble with who your replying to, and following reply chains. A place like reddit or retsetera may be more your style.

an earlier leak said that he never wears the helmet. it wasn't even kylo that we see reforging it in the trailer. couple that with the hands and no face shots in the tie fighter and i think we've got a bait and switch on our hands.

How does that make me a nazi?

Attached: tumblr_ppvp8tkF9c1tvr65to1_1280.jpg (1280x1024, 123K)

Do we even have confirmation that it's actually him wearing the helmet at any time? The only place I've even seen it is the one shot of it being put back together

Not sure what Driver has to do with this. Did he watch Isaac rape you? We can trash him to tranny.

Kylo is so fucking shit that he couldn't even design a lightsaber that can cut someone in half

>cry baby fuck boi
>throws a tantrum when things don't go his way
>conventionally unattractive yet claims to be aesthetically pleasing
Does he represent nu-Star Wars fans?

Attached: 1553835249798.jpg (900x506, 94K)

I was thinking it could be a decoy too, but the fact that Kylo is on all of the official stuff (mural, marketing on SW twitter account) with the helmet makes me think there is no way Kylo isn't under the helmet. They wouldn't put him on everything if it was a decoy.

I'm just glad he probably won't wear it a lot.

>character suck cuz he not white
>DURRRRR

Attached: nazi retard.jpg (540x529, 14K)

>Kylo doesn't revolve around Rey.
Really? Much of his screentime in TLJ is in direct communication with her, and she's at least half of why Snoke gets smoked.

this but unironically

This but ironically. Kek

I never said anything bad about Adam Driver. He seems like a very professional and nice man. Take your meds.

t. plebbitor

In fairness, it looks like he stabs the dude with the cross guard, not the actual blade.

Not all of us are on a medicinal regiment like you tranny. Don't reply to me again sweaty.

That looks cool

No newfriend it's reddit. Its organized in a way that makes it a little easier to follow. Like the tricycle you never moved on from.

Lmao look like that boi holdin' a lightfidgetspinner

>ITT

Attached: Screenshot_142.png (644x644, 936K)

Kylo has a lot going on in his story. Rey is an important part, but she is hardly all of it and he certainly doesn't revolve around her.

He has a complex relationship with every member of his family and that is a highlight in the films. He's also struggling to carve out his own path and has ideals and goals. Snoke was a big part of his story. Rey is just the girl he met that shakes things up and makes him question things.

Meanwhile Rey is literally nothing the charater. The reason the Force awoke her is because of Kylo. She did nothing and had no relationships for 19 years. She just floats around the story collecting Skywalker family stuff. Her entire purpose in TLJ was to give the audience more insight into Kylo and then her only real motivation in the entire story was trying to save him which she failed at. Then she went back to being irrelevant while Kylo faced down Luke.

Kylo is shouldering his family's legacy and trying to resolve his conflict and his relationship with his family.

Rey is just there to do something. Probably help Kylo.

It's a decoy, bare in mind the poster features red troopers and Ben is showed with white troopers in the trailer and no helmet.

First Order civil war confirmed.
Fake Kylo is a decoy.

you haven't seen the last third of it yet m8. and he hasn't changed at all. what a dumb post

t. plebbitor who still uses training wheels

He's an emo faggot beta male Vader wannabe, perfect for soiboy inserts. Also, Driver is absolutely repulsive.
I had some hopes for Poe, but he's fucking shit, he has no character. Oscar Isaac is too good for this anyway (the only decent actor in the cast, maybe except for Hamill). I'm glad he's done with this Nuwars shitshow and will soon go back to making Kino.

Attached: screen-shot-2018-02-12-at-4-52-08-pm.png (780x460, 290K)

this
kylo likely issued a ceasefire this past year and hux is pissed enough that he attempts a coup leaving kylo stranded on the swamp or desert planets
he then has the helmet repaired and wears it pretending to be kylo and restarts the war

You're the double nigger who can't follow reply chains on your 4channel. Try harder next time.

Oscar Isaac and Poe are both shit and ugly and irrelevant, so it fits.

>Oscar Isaac too good for this

He had to suck JJ's dick so he wouldn't kill his character off. He's lucky he is getting any screentime at all. Glad he's old and busted so he won't have much of a career after IX anyway.

Watch out he's a rapist.

t. plebbitor who can't follow reply chains

She doesn't have anything to do with his initial backstory or motivations, no, but his role in TLJ as a movie does absolutely in large part revolve around her. This is as easy to notice as actually watching the movie and noticing what scenes he's in. Yes, Rey is in mutual orbit with him, but that's my point: this is only a dynamic that works from one direction because Rey herself is not at all an interesting or well-written character. The fact she is "nothing the character" doesn't make her any less the protagonist that the story is built around, either.

Yikes and yikes pilled.

Why would they put a decoy on the mural and all the marketing if it's not really Kylo?

I am curious what Hux is going to do though.

t. t.

because thats going to be the major twist
kylo has probably exhiled himself to tattoine or something and the scene we see of him slamming the guy is a flashback

None of the three are white though.

>The fact she is "nothing the character" doesn't make her any less the protagonist that the story is built around, either.

Yes it does maker her less because the story isn't built around her. The entire plot is built around the Skywalker family drama again because guess what? It's a Skywalker story.

Guess who is at the core of the Skywalker family drama this time around? Kylo Ren. He is the center of the story and everything revolves around him and his actions, including Rey.

Just because she is the POV doesn't mean she is the protagonist. The entire premise of TLJ was getting deeper into Kylo's head, which Rey was key for because it's from her POV and their bond allows the audience to see another side of him.

Doubt it. Doesn't seem very smart to market the helmet so much and then it's just a literal who underneath it.

I wish it wasn't him wearing it, but it would be lame for them to put it on all the marketing and not Kylo himself.

Ren is a pathetic antagonist, an unispired character and absolutely disgusting aesthetically
Driver is a good actor but this role is not doing anything for him

Good is a stretch, he's really not.

>Yes it does maker her less
If you think this you do not know what a protagonist is. Kylo is not the protagonist. The story would be more interesting if he was, maybe, and certainly the weight of his relationship with Rey would probably work better, but he is not the protagonist.

He was the only character on the ship to do anything right in 8.

the fact that you honestly think he is the antagonist shows that you really don't 'get' this trilogy.

Those three seconds of Kylo Ren were the only thing I liked about the trailer. Everything else was shit.

Give me a cut of only Kylo scenes in IX, and I will be happy and won't need to watch the movie itself.

Attached: Star Wars The Force Awakens.png (650x928, 342K)

hopefully somebody does that since its clear that you haven't watched a single one yet and i wouldn't want you to break tradition

Kylo Ren is too good for this boring series.

Yeah man he doesn't get it. Any who criticizes this trilogy doesn't "" "" "get" "" "" it. Kek no.

He's par for the course for this shit* series.

LMAO, I watched then all in teather, with the exception of Solo, and now, this one.

Kylo Ren is the only good thing in those movies, and you know it. In the future, MaRey Sue, nigger, and Beta Latino will be forgotten, while Kylo will still be fondly remembered.

Attached: 1515097886748.png (791x768, 549K)

What?
I won't take time to refute anything you said in this thread because you're just a crazy roastie. There's also an option that you're just baiting, no one can be this retarded.
It must be hard when a manlet spic is more attractive than your white troglodyte.

Attached: Cd8K4JvW8AQa7ga.jpg (600x600, 59K)

>Kek no.
You're clearly not from around here. We can see right through your attempts to fit in.

>I won't take time to refute anything you saidin this thread

Because you can't.

It's on-record that Oscar lies to get roles and had to cry to JJ and KK to not kill him off. He's overrated and ugly and the only "fans" he has are SJW SW whales on twitter.

>attractive

In no universe is he attractive. He looks like a homeless alcoholic in the picture you posted.

I don't care, I'm not a roastie.

Rapists for a proud mysoginist are like thiefs for hobos: Not in my list of concerns.

>Vader is the best character
Yeah, and people seem to forget that Anakin is Vader, so it's essentially a two-in-one.

t. Secret club fag

Listen guy the series isn't that good. No amount of deflecting will change that. One day you'll "get" it.

Kylo has been called a protagonist by the writers several times. Rey is just a POV character who they wanted to be a dual-protag but is just a self-insert for the audience at best.

You're the one who doesn't know what a protagonist is. It doesn't matter what they label Rey is, the text shows that she has done jack shit and the story doesn't revolve around her at all. The major conflict in the story is all centered around Kylo.

Even the Palpatine shit will probably heavy center around Kylo because "Vader's heir" blah blah blah. They literally play a version of Kylo's them after Palpatine laughs and the title is revealed.

Y'all are all faggots.

Attached: PEDRO-PASCAL-In-Negotiations-For-Star-Wars-THE-MANDALORIAN-696x400.jpg (696x400, 43K)

He raped a tranny, and lives rent free in their head. Okay you do you.

>He was a character

Nice joke.

Nah. SW is pretty boring overall, Kylo is interesting though.

I don't give a fuck what he does, I'm just saying he's more attractive than your white troglodyte and you can't prove me wrong.

Driver has a weak jawline, huge nose and jew lips, he looks like a mouthbreathing manchild. I remember people in the theater were fucking LAUGHING at his face when he pulled the mask off for the first time. You can't take this ratface seriously and not being fucked in the brain, roastie.

Attached: RYaFq4f.jpg (688x1000, 134K)

I want someone to do a cut of only Kylo scenes after the trilogy is over. Then it will suddenly be kino.

Kek

>Kylo has been called a protagonist by the writers several times
Really? Have any sources?

>he's more attractive

He's not attractive in the first place.

Stay mad women want to fuck Kylo and not your ugly manlet self-insert. That's why Kylo is popular with women and everyone and your ugly fave is irrelevant.

The only women who think Poe is "attractive" are the "stop liking thewhite nazi character!" types.

Kylo is the male lead and love interest and only successful character of the new cast.

Poe will never be relevant in the first place, the idea of him being somehow above Kylo Ren is a fucking pipedream.

Yes, but I'm not digging them up for you because this is common knowledge by now.

JJ said the title "The Force Awakens" refers to both Kylo and Rey, not just Rey. Rian called them dual-protags and JJ said so too IIRC. They are supposed to be protags having a coming of age story in tandem but Rey is shit so she's not doing her part and Kylo is the Skywalker anyway not her so he's more central anyway.

There should be a Kylo Ren solo movie after this. It's not like they are full of great ideas, and it would be neat to focus on the good parts of the new stuff instead of raping the legacy of older movies.

I'm not that user, but yeah, Adam is far from being pretty. Still doesn't mean he is a bad actor, after Star Wars I watched all the movies he made, and he indeed always make the movie better don't matter if he is below average or not. He is definitly an actor that I will keep following even after nu-Wars is gone.

Also, why do you care so much about his appearance? Are you gay?

Attached: 1533161850439.jpg (561x889, 68K)

oh and Rian also called them (kylo and rey) "our heroes" at one point in TLJ too.

Agreed. I was looking forward to Poe as well. I wasn't too hot on the African. But I was also open minded about a female protagonist in Rey. Too bad they didn't write any character into the script for the last two.

maybe if this was 1970 or something

Attached: kbraxdrdo0oz.png (1919x803, 856K)

anyone know what music is at the end of this ?

youtube.com/watch?v=0GLbwkfhYZk

>Kylo haters are so desperate they are now clinging to a literal who filler character like Poe

I don't know what was worse. The Finncucks or this. They are all cut from the same cloth so I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

It just makes me laugh that a minority keep trying to shit on Kylo or say he's ugly but he keeps being popular and women keep wanting to fuck him anyway. Like, what do you think you are accomplishing? I guess these incels just think Yea Forums is their personal diary and we give a fuck about their insecurities. Sad!

>literally seething
OH NO NO NO NO AHAHAHAHA

Attached: cdddd74246f59764c3ea186c3bad69be.jpg (540x648, 40K)

His character sucks, nothing compelling about him. He's just a larping faggot who wants to be an edge lord for no apparent reason

Interesting. I would say a more accurate title to give Kylo would be deuteragonist (especially in TLJ), not protagonist. The reality is that Rey is still the center of the story. Not the center of every event in the plot, but the center of the story structure and how it unfolds. He is by no means the protagonist in terms of how the story is actually written, though.

Nice quilted sweater. Did his mom make that for him?

I wish the SOLO movie had been about Kylo instead of Han. Han didn't really need a prequel movie but all the stuff they failed to go over more in TLJ about Ben's past could have been explored in a movie before TLJ.

Then again, they could have just gone over it in TLJ like they were supposed to instead of a 2 hour casino plot or poe arguing with purple hair.

God the smell of rotten fish is in this thread is indescribable.Kylo is an alright character that is elevated by shit state of the rest of the cast.

You are not the writer, he is the center of the story and a protagonist as stated by the writers/directors themselves.

You are just a brainlet if you think anything centers around Rey. Her being a POV means jack shit when she doesn't do anything or move the plot along. She is just along for the ride while things go on around her.

God the smell of rotten fish in this thread is indescribable. Kylo is an alright character evelated by the sorry state of the rest of the cast. I just want to see him either go full evil and kill everyone or become good and fuck Rey.

>Not the center of every event in the plot

Then she's not he center of the story.

>dead diary, the girls said Kylo was attractive again!

Oh my goodness you're so fucking cool. You just don't give a shit about anything. He's an "alright" character, God forbid you have a passionate sincere opinion on anything.

Cuck.

You have to be absolutely retarded if you believe there's anything good about those movies, especially in terms of the characters. Kylofags are pathetic beta males and roasties. Every character in Nuwars is trash.

Attached: afe96760e5f23d935de1d9e03daeebcf4e9f450e_full.jpg (184x184, 4K)

Poe and Finn were bros in 7. Even though they were shit in 8, seeing their friendship was more enjoyable than watching that Mary Sue in action.

Kylo is supposed to be something new. He is still supposed to surpass Vader in some way, but the fanboy thing wasn't supposed to paint him as "he will never be as good as him durr" like some people claim. He is supposed to be better, but because he becomes his own thing.

I guess I should say it's not supposed to be a comparison. He will never be Vader because he's supposed to be his own thing, not because he's "not as good". The fanboy angle is supposed to be there for him to learn to stop trying to larp as another man and be in his shadow.

I feel like both sides of the argument miss the point.

>bros
>friendship

You sound like a drooling retard. There was nothing interesting or good about either of them or their interactions.

He’s a whiny baby and the most pathetic “villain” I’ve ever seen

Kys kylofag.

No. His Lightsaber and TFA costume are cool and that's it, whoever designed those dun good. Absolutely pathetic character and laughable actor though.

>as stated
What they say ultimately has no bearing on the story as it exists. If they intended for Kylo to be a protagonist on the same level as Rey they very obviously failed. In TFA he's largely a typical antagonist (unusual in character, maybe, but not role) and in TLJ he's a deuteragonist secondary to Rey at best. Much of the story is driven by Rey, her decisions, and how characters respond to her.
Since when do protagonists have influence over every single thing that happens? If they did there wouldn't be room for antagonists. Acting like Rey is a mere POV character like Nick Carraway or something is completely wrong.

Thank God they gonna KILL HIM in IX

Because they get to have Ben Solo but keep "Kylo Ren" too.

>what the writers/directors say don't matter

Reytard logic everyone.

Rey fails at being a protagonist or character on every level and NOTHING centers around her. I'm not even exaggerating. The only thing she has going for her is what the Force maybe wants to do with her and that is going to end up being related to Kylo anyway.

Keep dreaming Finncel.

Attached: tumblr_ppw0hkFx001s0t51fo2_1280.png (1280x1280, 1023K)

Does Rogue One count as NuWars or just the sequels? Cuz Rogue One was breddy gud, and the Vader scene was pure kino.
Also Rey is unironically sexy so there's that too

>Reytard
I don't like Rey as a character. I've made this pretty clear. I actually like Kylo as a character. He is not the protagonist, though.
>what the writes/directors say don't matter
Correct. Why would it? What they say only tells us their intentions, not what they accomplished.

He still gonna marry Rey and get that bitch force pregnant.

This

apart from being the only actual character in nuwars hes the only one who does anything that can be considered "cool"

>well-written

He's well-acted, but there's terrible writing for him. Adam Driver manages to carry the role though. He's the only good thing to come out of both nu-Wars and Girls.

>lies to get roles
>Isaac faked being a Jew to make it in Hollywood

ACTUALLY BASED GUATEMANLET

Attached: 85c22e0d8923bd02cccb917f7150a8cb--oscar-isaac-hot-oscar-isaac-star-wars.jpg (236x388, 16K)

>I'm really passionate about liking Kylo Ren

Fag

Finn has an arc. He's also the most reletable guy in new wars.
>coward
Feels like a real human bean among all of the starlet trying to pass my suspension of disbelief.

Attached: 11001544-3x2-940x627.jpg (940x627, 76K)

>WURRRS REY
>arc
Imagine if they gave him Mace Windu's personality and his story was about taking revenge on the First Order, not running away from them to orbit Rey and get cucked by both Ben and Poe.

>He is not the protagonist.

He is. Rey will never be anything but a failed abortion of a "feminist character".

She'll be lucky if Kylo actually marries her and give her a name in the end. She might actually be semi-relevant to the story for once.

Kylo is the real protagonist of the ST. The name Rise of Skywalker all but confirms this.

I'm glad he's actually fighting more in IX. I was afraid they would just having him sitting around on his throne. Dude is a fucking warrior and I love his fighting style. Probably one of the only things I'm looking forward to most in IX is him doing cool shit.

And his music playing during the title reveal

This is a dumb argument to to make for cinema. It's at least half reliant on actors in the first place. This isn't literature.

Not to downplay Adam Driver's performance. He goes above and beyond and he made the character his own but the writing for Kylo is consistent and good, there is simply a lot of subtext that Adam plays but all of it is consistent with what is written.

It's honestly hard to say what was Adam's doing and what was directed. We will never know, but the bottom line is that the entire character is great onscreen and acting more than supports the writing. It goes beyond.

My point is that yes Adam is a major reason Kylo is so great, because it's a movie and the character can only be as good as the actor to a point so the whole "writing is bad" thing is just weird to me. It's consistent and the character is good, why is this even an argument?

How does one become this obsessed with a fictional character from a mediocre (at best) series.

This. Adam didn’t want to be part until he read the character and became interested. If they didn’t write him well he wouldn't have joined.

Gross.

Kys pathetic kylofag, no one except for NPCs cares about Nuwars, S o y lo Ren and Adam Driver. Stop posting in this abortion of a thread.

Attached: qZNUwDF.jpg (300x350, 22K)

You tell me Reyshitter.

It's not consistent. Why did he decide to become Supreme Leader in TLJ all of a sudden when connecting with Rey and turning back to the light was all Rian was building him up? We had never seen anything to indicate he was interested in taking Snoke's throne and power for himself until all of a sudden that's what he wanted.
It's like they knew they still had one more movie to do so they told Kylo to say fuck it and keep being bad and wanting to kill Rey's friends for a little while longer.
That's not consistent, but I'm sure it was all Rian's fault and he'll be better in 9.

Every character in nuwars is bad.

IIRC what seemed to have sold it for him a bit was that JJ apparently talked about the humanity of the character and more grounded things rather than "explosions and ships" or something. I think that's what he was getting at.

That they made it clear to him that the humanity of the character was what was most important even though it was a huge blockbuster movie or whatever.

I recall him mentioning that they asked him for input on making the character too. So again, it's hard to say what was actually written but the entire argument is kind of a strange one to have for film in the first place.

I'm not saying writing doesn't matter at all, but I fail to find any fault in Kylo Ren's character whether it be writing or acting or whatever else.

But yes, praise Adam Driver for his performance as much as you want. I certainly do, he's done an amazing job and I can't imagine anyone else playing Kylo. He IS Kylo Ren.

Kylo never wanted to join Rey, your entire post just makes it clear you didn't watch the movie.

The entire point was that Rey was naive to think that Kylo could turn so easily just by killing Snoke. He wanted to kill Snoke and have Rey by his side. He never thought about joining her allies. He thought she was there to join him.

Except Kylo Ren.

Attached: tumblr_ppx5x5GHbS1txqmkvo1_1280.jpg (1280x905, 142K)

He literally says "you'll be the one to turn, you'll stand with me" in the elevator.

Did you even watch the fucking movie?

It was a shit movie so only saw it once, didn't use it to jerk off every night like you Reylos.

>"stop liking the white nazi character!"
Fuck, man... can confirm. Kylo's great and they fucking hate it.
On that note, if you REALLY wanna toast their roast, try liking General Hux. It kinda gives me hope seeing how popular he and Kylo are with so many women even in the face of the #RESISTance screeching.

Attached: a1215793-c8c9-46b4-b936-be3e0e754071.png (1280x706, 323K)

Not just his music, but his theme with a more triumphant note at the end to boot.

>whatabout da prequels

Attached: 1531812896728.jpg (645x773, 123K)

Well if you want to discuss the character/movie, you should probably come prepared next time lest you embarrass yourself again.

Attached: D2WsS5LWoAEdokt.jpg large.jpg (1221x2048, 113K)

>Also, why do you care so much about his appearance? Are you gay?
I'm not even a male (unlike this seething tranny kyloposter). I care because those movies are absolute abominations and every character is trash, so at least I want to look at some pretty faces and asses. The main casts of OT and prequels were objectively more attractive than the cast of Nuwars. What do we have here? Driver looks like a retarded mouthbreather, Boyega is a fucking monkey, Daisy has a horseface and can't close her mouth because of how many dicks she was sucking to get this role. Everyone else is old and ugly. There's also a ginger manchild and some fat asian cunt. Great. At least Isaac is a cute manlet, he's perfect for rape and abuse.

This. Anyone who defends "their" character is a retard here. It's like saying "my turd is a smaller turd than yours!". It's still a turd mate.

Attached: ee62b45bc7b6d88f0e34f204066be910.jpg (736x534, 63K)

If you want a real girlfriend, you should probably stop obsessing over Twilight in space sometime.

I hope JJ delivers the Reylo goods. One of the only things these movies have going for them. Aside from Kylo of course.

Attached: D2WsT0YW0AAZRIC.jpg large.jpg (1221x2048, 123K)

Attached: 1546665130183.jpg (714x402, 38K)

This post gave me cancer.

>I'm not even a male
>everyone who disagrees with me is a tranny
>everyone is ugly except my fave ugly manlet that I can rape

Attached: 1544196641465.jpg (240x240, 12K)

>obsessed with Vader
>two days later
>LET DA PAST DIE
He was literally saying that to get Rey to join him. When she rejected him, he regressed.

It's going to be hilarious watching the Reylo cretins kill themselves like 30 year old trannies when they find out JJ retconned them to being cousins.

he's what ani should have been and they mcnuked all the other characters

What is character development? And there is no proof he regressed after Rey left him, we will have to wait and see what he's up to in IX for that.

Also I don't know if you missed the memo, but Kylo is a dynamic character constantly questioning his purpose/path so it's par the course for him to say one thing despite the way he really feels.

Like how he said he would destroy Rey but the audience questions that because he was proposing to her an hour before and he's obviously very hurt and angry. This is proven when he sees Rey again and doesn't look hateful at all and instead looks at her longingly.

also it was the 70-80s and lucas was trying to be fuck the vietnam war

>3DPD

You have to go back.

Kylo's character wouldn't make sense with Anakin, though. Kylo's issues stem directly from his heritage and his inferiority complex.

they keep using the Han and Leia love theme

Kylo Ren in his current state is not a good character, however his character concept in the hands of actual good writers would be fantastic. Hell, in the right hands you might be able to find a way to paint the First Order and by proxy the Empire in a positive light. There had to be a reason why people joined both (Not ever Storm Trooper in the FO is a kidnapped child for example)

>never ever

Attached: 1547501443013.jpg (650x974, 83K)

One thing I'm confused on is what draws him to the Dark Side and wanting to be Supreme Leader exactly? He just thinks because Vader is his grandfather that he himself is destined to be evil and rule over everyone? And then Luke's attempt on his life just confirmed to him that he's an evil monster who people want to purge? Is that a good rundown of his motivation

Good.
Not everyone, just kyloposter.

>Movie 1: bad guy
>Movie 2: bad guy
>Movie 3: good guy

WHAT AN ARC
MASTERFUL

movie 2 he's mostly a good guy

What it should have been:
>Rey good, Kylo bad
>Rey neutral, Kylo neural
>Rey bad, Kylo good
The ending can go anyway from there.

Because Rian suddenly decided he's an evil toxic whitoid

I actually doubt he's going to be the good guy, he's also definitely gonna die.

Kylo being ousted from his position while a fake Kylo takes his place to be the figurehead of the First Order would be an interesting direction. Considering leaks say that the threat from beyond, Palpatine I'm guessing, is a threat to Kylo too, it makes sense.

He'll turn good because the title is Rise of Skywalker with his theme playing.
I think he will exile himself out of shame for the evil's done to the Unknown Regions like his inspiration Revan and that will set up the next trilogy. No relationship with Rey IMO.

Kylo is split between revolving around Rey and revolving around his family. In fact, he and Rey have nothing to do with each other in TLJ's climax. It's his shitty relationship with Luke that takes center stage. Rey is off lifting boulders and isn't even part of the most exciting piece of the finale.

>Kylo
>ever good
Lol. He'd kill Luke like he killed Han if he had the chance

>One thing I'm confused on is what draws him to the Dark Side
He resents his parents (who the story implies maybe weren't as attentive as they could have been) and wants to create a legacy of his own. He's obsessed with his heritage because he feels dwarfed in its shadow. Snoke exploits this and seeds the idea that he's the *real* heir to Darth Vader (a part of his heritage his parents and Luke reject that Kylo can claim for himself). Kylo just wants an identity. That's my reading, anyway. The story hasn't been the greatest at displaying all this but I don't think you have to do a ton of digging to get to it.

It's why he's so conflicted and merely kills Han for the sake of it in TFA; he's going through the motions. He's basically going for a "fake it til you make it" strategy of Dark Side dickery. Simply doing shitty things doesn't erase his reservations as well as he hopes, though.

But it would be an interesting surprise to viewers, wouldn't it? That the image on the marketing isn't even who they think it is. Plus they still get the benefit of the marketing of that recognizable image, which means it's a double benefit if they go that direction.

Obviously since she is 100% confirmed his cousin at this point. But that's honestly not a likely outcome for him. Heroic sacrifice at best, otherwise evil to the last. If they truly are ripped off from Jacen and Jaina in the EU as they have always felt like, then she'll be the one killing him even.

It's a bit complex.

It's a mixture of being really powerful and feeling like he has a great destiny to fulfill+lack of guidance from family+feelings of isolation+family issues+Snoke manipulating him.

Snoke's manipulation plays a huge role in it. Kylo was never a bad seed, but he had issues before Snoke got to him and great power and instead of guiding him properly his family seems to have abandoned and neglected him and talked about him behind his back like he was a monster, leading to further isolation and resentment.

Snoke basically took advantage of all of this. Kylo was a vulnerable and powerful kid in need of guidance and unfortunately the only consistent source of that in his life was Snoke an evil overlord who just wanted to use him for his bloodline and power.

Kylo wants to do the right thing and thinks he is, but he is disenchanted with the Light Side and the institutions of Jedi+Sith because of his personal experiences. He experienced the hypocrisy of the heroes and bad guys firsthand. First with his family and then with Snoke.

Luke killing him was a tipping point because sometime before that Ben found out that his Grandfather was Vader and Leia never told him. He starts to idolize and relate to him because he can't relate to anyone else and also probably thinks "well my family thinks I'm gong to turn into Vader might as well". It's fatalism. Especially after Luke tries to kill him for being "worse than Vader".

More like

>Movie 1: conflicted guy
>Movie 2: more conflicted than ever, might be good guy
>Movie 3: finally gets his shit together, no longer conflicted probably ends up as a hero and marries Rey

>set up the next trilogy
>next trilogy
Please no. Make it stop. Fucking make it stop. Star Wars should have ended in 1983.

>There should be a Kylo Ren solo movie after this
There won't be, unless it's animated and with a different voice actor. I think there will be a metric fuck ton of Kylo content once IX is over and he's not a walking spoiler anymore, but I think Driver is going to be done with Star Wars after this.

Good. Luke deserves it.

He won't be Jacen and die because he's being redeemed, his theme playing during the title and this pic pretty much confirmed that.
Heroic sacrifice is also out because it would be a carbon copy of Vader in RotJ, I don't see even JJ repeating that.

So I think self imposed exile after a heartfelt conversation with Rey where you can tell they love each other is the best possible ending. It would prove he's good and make his evil actions have some sort of consequence.

That's because Rey is an irrelevant literal who and Kylo is the star of this trilogy.

And I would have done it too if not for my conscience, you little shit.

Attached: 1539228626146.jpg (773x537, 45K)

Hot take: neither of them have really attractive faces, though I'm a straight man so what do I know. As a man, gotta say that none of the girls/people in the ST have been pretty with the exception of Paige Tico. Jyn Erso and Q'ira were qts as well.
His arc is about to be completely destroyed with TROS after he's forced to ally with Rey instead of being the Supreme Leader.

If this trilogy didn't have Kylo, it would be nothing.

Attached: 1541742356747.jpg (1600x800, 56K)

Thanks for the posts. It seems like the real answers will come when we see how he acts without Snoke influencing him so much.

Again, there is no love or relationship between them, Rey is Luke's daughter. JJ wanted that from the start and has to retcon it since Rian went rogue. They are cousins, absolutely zero romance. It is confirmed. And no, JJ is not above mirroring Vader's demise with Kylo Ren's arc. That's pottery. Your theory holds no water.

The Avengers theme

Regardless of whether someone thinks Kylo's story is well-written, he's blatantly the only character the writers have given any kind of care or thought to. JJ is no different, he talked about Kylo back in the TFA days like the sun shined out of his ass. He's a huge Kylo stan.

JJ isn't retconning Rey. The media fell in love with Rey being special with no heritage so much that Disney and KK won't throw that away. You may be right that there's no romance, but Rey isn't Luke's daughter and that would truly destroy this shitty trilogy if she was.

Kylo is the only good part of this horrendous trilogy.

I find it so fucking ridiculous that Jew Jew and Ree-an haven't touched on the fact that Kylo is like his grandfather but not in the way that he thinks. He's like Anakin, not Vader.

Attached: nasss.png (2004x1784, 235K)

It's the same JJ who described Kylo as "like a prince" and Rey like a princess. I wouldn't worry about it.

TLJ should have had Leia building the resistance and sending Poe and Finn on a mission together. No retarded chase.

JJ said in multiple interviews that Luke wasn't related to Rey. People phrased the question a thousand different ways - is Rey's father in this room, on this couch, in Episode 7, etc. - and the answer was always no. Move on.

He's a beta shit villain in a shit movie that nothing good came out of now kys

>In fact, he and Rey have nothing to do with each other in TLJ's climax.
They have plenty to do with each other in the rest of the movie, though. His relationship with Luke is just spoonfed backstory until the climax brings it to the fore. His relationship with Rey is what the bulk of the movie hinges itself on.

>Kylo dying
>Rey and Kylo being related
>Reylo not being endgame

All these delusions.

They want to conclude this story, believe it or not. Kylo going into exile and the story ending with him and Rey being separated isn't every likely.

It's too open-ended and everything else has been done before.

Not even
His arc is mostly decent but it feels neutered by the fact that he loses every principle fight in the series. They propped him up as some great sith lord but cut that down in the same movie when they had an untrained Rey beat him in a lightsaber duel.
The "best" thing Kylo did for his character was killing Luke but that couldn't even be done right.
I hope it won't, but I think his character will be lost/overshadowed by some giant mess of a plot in episode 9.

A temporary regression in character arcs after a setback in the downer second act is typical for trilogy writing. The characters break out of it stronger than ever by the end.

Yep.

Attached: D35SSDlXkAAghi3.jpg (862x485, 116K)

>when a literal children's movie character is too complex for you to understand
whew

Well, yes. He thinks Luke is a piece of shit. It wouldn't be the same as when he killed Han.

True, but Rey is so absent during the finale that it's actually jarring. We don't even get to see her witnessing Kylo and reacting to it. She's entirely disconnected from the drama going on onscreen. It was strange.

>Y-you just don't get it!
Cringe kylotranny.

I was semi hopeful about him at the end of the 7th one when he was called back to complete his training, but then in the 8th Snode, or whatever his name is, just yells at him and sends him away. It's baffling that neither him nor Rey did any real training. He's not nearly good enough to make me watch this next movie.

JJ literally said the Rey parentage question in IX would "honor TLJ" but there'd be more to the story. Which just suggests that her parents are going to have more going on than just being drunks who died. It pretty much cements that Rey won't be a Skywalker or Solo or anything like that, otherwise it wouldn't be honoring TLJ at all.

But then you have the final force bond moment when she's on the ramp of the ship which is pretty insistent that their story isn't ending in TLJ.

You're all going to be really asshurt and disappointed then, because Reylo ain't happening, they are being retconned to being related, and either him dying to kill Palpatine OR him doubling down on the dark side out of selfishness and lust for power and getting a similar demise as most Indiana Jones villains.

This. Even the early TFA stuff with JJ he talks about spending so much time on parts of Kylo's creation and him and Kasdan saying that Kylo is "a character that's never been seen before in SW". They clearly put a lot of work into him and meant for him to be their main attraction.

They just said the most boring generic things about Rey and everyone else.

>there'd be more to the story
Sheev clone fuckery being the reason for her powers is much more likely. She and Luke are a black hole when on screen together, it would be a huge mistake to keep putting these two characters together when they seemingly wanted nothing to do with each other in TLJ.