Anyone here optimistic about this and hoping it will be good?

Anyone here optimistic about this and hoping it will be good?

Attached: ts.png (838x820, 588K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1HAD748zyLw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I would be happy if they honestly even thought of including *some* people of color. But I bet it's going to be like 50% poc, with kangs shit.

>being hopeful about American media
American millennials have ensured all media must be political propaganda.

Expecting black wise elves who promote diversity to white men race, but failed to do so which lead to the doom of the northen kingdoms.

So, worst case, I'll laugh at my prediction coming true!

There are so many fantasy novels to adapt why do this again?

Hollywood hit rock bottom in 2009 and has been playing it safe since

the elves will be black and the orcs will be white

Attached: Fringilla.jpg (480x600, 81K)

100% fanfiction in a place and era where none of it matters. It only uses the brand as marketing tool but will have neither the mood nor sophistication of anything Tolkien. I predict it will be worse than the Hobbit trilogy.

Established successful brand
Brand recognition
Milk it
Make money

they're gonna fill it with niggers and mudshits

How the fuck did they get the right for this, I thought the Tolkien estate loathed the movies.

How do you even make back that kind of money from a series?

>But I bet it's going to be like 50% poc, with kangs shit.
How else are they supposed to win awards and receive positive reviews in current year+4?

The leaked images are looking great

Attached: download (1).jpg (301x168, 10K)

>optimistic it will be good
Pippin
Get the pipe

There is something so strange about this.
Despite the news articles and announcements, I still feel like this isn't really happening or is nothing else than a project on someone's desk.

Isn't that from the very first dungeons and dragons movie?

>Scotland

Kinda suprised they didn't go New Zeland. The kiwi's mist be reeeeing hard over it.

I'm not sure they hated the movies so much as they hated the constant hollywood book-keeping doing absolutely everything possible to jew them out of every single dime. This is the same industry that manages to legally claim that "Return of the Jedi never turned a profit," after all.

Tolkien would've hated the movies, but he hated everything. They probably like Amazon's approach since they just get a check upfront.

Nope, americans can’t do anything without filling it with niggers and minorities, best to just leave it to the sheep shaggers

I'll never support White genocide propaganda.

>scotland
Why not film it in a diverse location like Uganda?

interesting.

Attached: 1532129674989.jpg (526x8981, 3.47M)

Tolkien wasn't opposed to a LotR movie, he talked with Christopher Lee and said he'd hopefully get to act in one.

because they know people will watch it

>tfw iris west will never be allowed to be white again

>the second age
Plot with pretty Sauron seducing Numenorians incoming.

Nick Fury had already been BLACKED to look like Jackson in the comics years before the MCU came about
The Harry Potter one is just a black guy as a different character because the fat guy got caught selling drugs and got written out of the films.
Most of the others are complete bullshit though, I agree with you.
Speaking of Potter, it also had a rare case of actual whitewashing, you'd think someone as WOKE as Rowling would have spotted this.

Attached: BLEACHED.jpg (512x370, 40K)

Brand recognition, also they won't have to come up with something of their own.
>Take established brand
>Fill it with women and/or PoC
>Market it as the most progressive piece of art ever
>Buy positive reviews
>Profit

They do this all the time, it was bound to happen to Tolkien's work eventually.

>sauron is nonbinary trans

comics black fury was a different continuity before the movies took off

Black kingpin makes sense, though.

How is this ever going to make money? It's got to make what? Half a billion dollars on a streaming platform no one uses? Are they fucking nuts?

I 100% do not care. We already got the movies and they were perfect. I don't need any more Lord of the Rings in my life.

>IT'S SHIT BEING A HOBBIT

Attached: 1499280935519.jpg (980x551, 59K)

Don't be an apologist.

>sauron is a pansekshual dragon kin who is producing penor rings for numenorian nobility and is kindly remembering morgoth's grond

new zealand mogs scotland in every aspect it wont look as cool

its more like a pr campaing to show how cool and succesful amazon is.
they have so much money they can do whatever the fuck they want really.

And what if it's actually really good, and like a year later it apparent the internet unanimously agrees it's better than Jackson's original trilogy?

Imagine being so rich you can buy Lord of the fucking Rings for 250m and drop another 250m to make it into a series just because it's something YOU want to watch and no one is making and you don't give a single fuck if it makes you a single dime. Jeff Bezos is a madman.

>hoping it will be good?
hope is first step on the road to dissapointment

>And what if it's actually really good

Then I'll admit I was wrong and would suggest it to my friends and family.

How do we stop this?

jews cant create, they are cancer that twiest and perverst things others made

Okay good. Just making sure.

I thought sauron would be fantasy drumpf

>Gondor and Rohan are white europeans
>hobbits are cheerful white europeans
>elves are white europeans on steroids
>every single evil human faction is some shade of brown
Just how based was Tolkien?

That's Third Age Souron.

no
no

The nazguls were once humans.

White Europeans are not one group you clown, they all have different langauges, genes, culture and history.

Game of thrones is super mega popular and every other network is on the heels of making their own since it's ending. What better to drawn people into amazon's video subscription service than LoTR?

have sex

Current Year is statically assigned the year 2011 if you’re adding to it my guy.

>what are the numenoreans
Guys were white and ended up worshipping Melkor as much as the niggers from Harad.

>tfw 'people' will call you a nazi for saying this in current year

i say kill em all

>Anyone here optimistic about this and hoping it will be good?

Attached: 1469157313357.jpg (350x350, 19K)

Dominate human resources and start hiring by merit instead of by quota.

Daily reminder that black people do not show up in LotR books at all.

Tolkien fanboys confirmed racist, sexist, misogynist, transphobic pieces of SHIT.

Well Christopher Tolkien, the guy that headed the Tolkien estate went off with retirement last year, I read somewhere that while he was more worried about keeping the legacy of Tolkien his successors were willing to sell out. Christopher is old now though, pretty sure whoevers left there just overruled him

>”...Southrons in scarlet, and out of Far Harad black men like half-trolls with white eyes and red tongues.”

I remember there was a wide nosed orc tracker in ROTK book

nigger

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

theirs more ? Cant imagine anything is better then Jeremy iron shouting UNLIMITED POWER.

Just to put this into perspective, Jeff spending 500m on this is like if you had 1 million dollars and you spent $3294 on something. If that is still too rich for you to comprehend this is like if you had $10,000 and spent $16.50 on something.

Main character should be black non-binary transgenderfluid person. It's 2019 ffs, it's the only way now!

Attached: 1546644984194.jpg (960x904, 162K)

Well at least it isn't Netflix doing it...

There is two more I think. Not very good either.

Who are pink shirt girl with book and green shirt guy with lab coat?

Attached: Mongrels of Isengard.jpg (989x5094, 937K)

It's simply a broader form of classification. An Englishman is distinct from a Croatian, but both are still "White Europeans".

Haha you just compared jews to Sauron. That is a very funny joke you obviously only meant in jest. Right?

He actually compared them to Morgoth.

sure

Attached: Official_agent-650x488.jpg (650x488, 20K)

>pink shirt girl with book
Gwen Stacy from Spooderman, I think

What a terrible image to use. Girl's been around since the 60s and someone finds the one depiction of her as a downie.

>every single evil human faction is some shade of brown

Black Numenoreans and Dunlendings.

>Spend 250 mil on the rights
>Don't even bother adapting LOTR or the Silmarillion
>Instead focus on filming your fanfiction shit

This is what worries me the most. Like if they adapted Tolkien's actual material, it's possible they might do it poorly but ultimately the genius of the original writing would probably ultimately shine through in places. Even as a big fan of the books and films, I'd still be interested to see a long form television take on LOTR. This way it just looks like they're setting themselves up for failure. Nobody gives a shit about the Second Age especially some quip-filled rubbish with cringe inducing dialogue, fanfic tier characters and a nonsense story.

Attached: 1531747275108.jpg (1274x1278, 444K)

The maps they posted on twitter suggests its gonna be second age stuff though, so LOTR appendices.

yeh i get you, i cant imagine ever actually seeing it

>blaming millennials for Jewish subversion
kys boomer

youtu.be/1HAD748zyLw

Why are incels so obsessed with black people. Nobody else cares

So sjws always compare irl stuff to Harry Potter

Meanwhile incels always compare irl stuff to LOTR

Why do they do this?

It's interesting how so many famous characters are being re-imagined as a specific ethnicity these days. People tend to discuss interesting topics.

>Why do they do this?
Easy to front-load concepts. You know the scene, so you can understand the references. Those are two of the largest blockbuster series on the planet, both came out in the last 30 years, and both are still widely saturated in public consciousness. As fantasy epics, they don't touch on real-world issues so there's nothing to distract you from the meme message.

Because you're a faggot. It's all your fault.

>black numenoreans
>white

Attached: 5781681758716.png (500x522, 133K)

How did they even got the rights from the guy who hates even the Jackson movies? That implies high standards

straight up gonna pretend it doesnt exist

like the hobbit trilogy

And that's why everyone is walking over you and erasing your history and fiction
Good job, based centrist.

Attached: radcen.jpg (1012x1500, 169K)

Princess and the Frog doesn't count. It's not the original setting (or story). It's basically it's own story borrowing elements.

>like the hobbit trilogy
At least we got same badass designs for miniatures out of it

Attached: iron hills chariot.jpg (914x844, 135K)

Hold on. Morgan Freeman was before all of the bullshit with SJWs and he is against them. Most importantly he was amazing as the God both in the movie and in the Through the Wormhole series. He truly doesn't deserve to be on this list.

Also to think of it, first men were black. That's a fact. They had their own God and He is always made in the man's image in every myth and religion. So that one is a case of whitewashing as far as artistic interpretations go (the Bible).

best post ITT

Attached: 1514660701711.jpg (384x384, 17K)

Attached: 1487527982382.jpg (481x401, 36K)

>anime poster thinks his opinion matters

>Silmarillion
Sadly never ever.

Let's be honest you don't want a pozzed Silmarillion adaption. Let it stay pure and untouched in book form forever.

AYOOO BLACK NUMENOREANS IN DA HOUSE NOW BITCHEZZZZ

I would want one directed by James Cameron or Mel Gibson.

jews get off on defiling your good memories. it's literally their m.o. to depress you and make you give up.

>optimistic about this and hoping it will be good?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)