What a twist, so he was The Godfather all along?

What a twist, so he was The Godfather all along?

Attached: CZQp9-eWkAA9Dxd.jpg (1200x617, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H0DiISK2A9Y&t=22s
youtube.com/watch?v=HYak_NFk_Xc
youtube.com/watch?v=eJsCEFJ2wEA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=H0DiISK2A9Y&t=22s

About to speedrun the films tonight. Never seen G2-3, what am I in for?

I don't like The Godfather II

>what am I in for
Id din't care for it. It "insists" upon itself.

dumbass

Its funny, because it does, and it makes sense when you think about it. Although the Godfather movies were good I use this line for shit movies now.

For example, Nolan's Interstellar "insists upon itself".

Attached: 1491147562293.gif (320x240, 1.46M)

A prequel and an opera with a miscast daughter. Both good though.

Me neither

Reminder Kay was in the right to abort their kid but Michael was still justified in slapping her

>michael doesn't want to be like his father
>volunteers to go to war against his wishes
>gets a wasp girlfriend
>doesn't want to get involved in the business
>but at the end he becomes the new don
BRAVO POO-ZO

>tfw you realize that michael would have been literally the perfect godfather if it weren't for his qt sicilian waifu getting blown up
he comes back from exile extremely jaded and just settles for kay who obviously couldn't handle his role as don, and as a result he has no family outlet - a girl from sicily would have completely understood the situations he would find himself in, and instead of being a bitter cunt and making him even more jaded he would be a complete package, the perfect don, and he would have been able to see through his father's dream for him through his own children

>Michael and Enzo are standing in front of the hospital so that Sollazzo's men would think Vito still has guards there
>both of them don't have guns or anything, Enzo is a young Italian baker who just wanted to fuck his boss's daughter's fat ass in the bakery
>a car with hitmen approaches, slows down, sees the two men in the entrance and speeds away
>Enzo tries to light a cigarette
>his hands are shaking
>Michael takes the matches and helps his out
>notices Enzo's hands are shaking with fear while his own hands are steady and calm

Attached: YouDoneGood-e1528349261303.jpg (2451x1273, 112K)

It's his fault, he practically begs kay to marry him when he returns

I love those subtle little things in the movie.

>Michael gives Apollonia a necklace
>they're sitting at the opposite ends of a huge table with a fuckton of relatives
>Michael looks at her
>she touches the necklace and smiles
>he now knows she likes him

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

yeah pretty shocking
also they never said who killed all that people

>they're allowed to talk
>they walk together
>she stumbles intentionally and falls into his arms because that's the only way for them to touch at this point
>a group of old women enters the frame
>they're "guarding" the young woman and watching over the couple
>the two guards of Michael enter the frame after them

Attached: 30-courting.png (1024x576, 1.1M)

wtf does that mean?

in the book was Vito that ordered the death of Apollonia
change my mind

No, he didn't. It was the other families who found out where Michael was hiding. Ironically, that was because of the wedding. If he stayed low his location would have probably remained a secret.

nobody ordered the death of apollonia.
wasn't it his bodyguard? i don't think it has anything to do with the marriage. after making clear to Vitello how important he was his bodyguard probably figured he could cash in. he was also obsessed with going to America.

>vito asks tom to bring sonny
>when he arrives vito starts talking to johnny fontaine about the importance of being a family man and how important it is to be with your family
>he actually wants sonny to hear all this because everyone knows he's a cheating bastard and vito doesn't approve of it

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 43K)

>wasn't it his bodyguard?
Yeah, one of the bodyguards was bribed by Barzzini to kill Michael.
In the book he then escaped to America and had a pizzaria and then Michael's men caught up to him and killed him.

consider the following
>book's vito is super machiavellic and cunning
>michael is reluctant to come back now he's married
>sonny dies
>michael HAS to come back, whatver the cost
that's the sensation that the book leaves me

also Puzo uncovering hollywood's degeneracy is nice

I know youre just quoting family guy, but for anyone else its unironically pretentious shit that tries to come off as deep and epic. Tries too hard to push this on the viewers.

The opening scene of interstellar with the fake interviews is a perfect example of this.

Attached: 2436950-11659-resident-evil-2-dual-shock-version-windows-screenshot-intros.jpg (640x320, 22K)

>>michael is reluctant to come back now he's married
But that's wrong.
Also Vito would be more than happy for Michael to have a nice Sicilian wife.

Isn't the traitor bodyguard killed during the christening montage?
It's been so long since I watched it.

Nah.
But I've read they shot a scene with Michael hunting him down in the US and killing him with one of those Sicilian guns.

Family was very important to Vito. Killing his daughter-in-law would go against everything he believes. More importantly it would scar Michael.
And there was no doubt about Michael coming back to America. He was even teaching Apollonia English.
You give me too much credit. I didn't quote anything.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Don't really agree with it, though.

They cut it out. Looks pretty half-assed. Was much better done in the book.
youtube.com/watch?v=HYak_NFk_Xc
youtube.com/watch?v=eJsCEFJ2wEA

For the first movie they presumably shot a deleted scene where Michael kills him (pic related).
For the second movie they shot how he's killed by a car bomb. Here: youtube.com/watch?v=eJsCEFJ2wEA

Attached: mike.jpg (415x285, 37K)

The real crime is how they cut off all the scenes and backstory of Al Neri.

Attached: Vlcsnap-2010-02-24-19h13m23s190.png (1920x1080, 2.31M)

Neri and Luca Brasi's backstories we're great.

It's the best one

phoneposters leave

>Sicilian girls nips
God damn

What was Brasi's backstory again? He threw his kid into the furnace or something?

>yfw Moe Greene does have that kind of muscle

Attached: I WORK OUT with Barzini.jpg (630x411, 54K)