What's your opinion on this kino?

What's your opinion on this kino?

Attached: 1_Ls0EtYDed-4kypPOufMhBA.jpg (1366x768, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5428971
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

off by one

I liked the cinematography but it wasn't anywhere near as deep as i was expecting

I cant form an opinion because what even is this flick.

>Stalker
>Flick

I enjoyed the cinematography but only the last hour is interesting to me.

My favorite adventure movie

only incels watch this

I don't know anything about STALKER, and really want to get into it.
Should i watch this movie, play the games, or read the book?

Attached: 1555219858108.jpg (640x586, 66K)

>or
Do all of them.

But which one first?

Just watched it for the first time yesterday and loved it. It's my first Tarkovsky. Where should I go from here? I already have Solaris on my drive. Is that as good?

I played Shadow of Cheronobyl - is it in anyway related to the story of this or just a name rip off?

Bait.

It is amazing I think, it gives me a feeling no other movie is able to give. Some kind of eerie nostalgia for a place that doesn't exist.
I always watch it with vodka, bread and canned tuna. Somehow that really fits with the movie.

I'd go chronologically. Ivan's Childhood and Andrei Rublev. But if you really enjoy the sci fi setting you can go with Solaris

>I always watch it with vodka, bread and canned tuna
doing this tonight

Visually appealing, and really remarkable what they were able to do with natural sets
A little slow though, and then in the end most have a revelation about what the movie was supposed to mean - although the director supposedly did not put any deeper meaning/metaphorical backdrop into it, just that it was a story

Overall, for a movie that’s supposed to be considered a hidden “great” I found it to be very forgettable

The game just has a similar setting and the concept of the "The Zone"

The movie is loosely based on a book called "A roadside picknick" or something like that. And you could say the game is loosely based on the movie. Like throwing bolts to check for anomalies, the room in the movie is the wishgranter in the game. The area it plays in is called the "Zone". I also think the STALKER series really managed to capture the eerie, desolate atmosphere that is also displayed in the movie.

For plebs who think having to endure a movie means they're superior to others who prefer to enjoy cinema.

Thanks user. The sci fi setting was so subtle and really more of a plot device. I was entranced by the visuals and themes. Looking forward to watching more. Wish I hadn't put off watching his work for so long.

Now hear this wild concept: some people actually enjoy and extremely engage with the experience you find heavy to "endure"
I know it's pretty crazy wow

>prior to entering Zone, tell Professor and the author "hey this place is fucking dangerous we've gotta keep moving"
>proceed to stop every fifteen minutes so you three can spend twenty minutes espousing your first year philosophy tier opinions while you all lay in the grass
>later, wait for the Professor to make a phonecall

Don't get me wrong, the look and sound of the movie was great but holy shit was it fucking boring. Very much a "I'll never watch that again" movie.

Amazing film. I love the dream like quality the film has from all the long takes. The presentation of the action as they escape into the zone is particularly underrated

I don't think it really matters that much, I started playing the games first, then saw the movie and then read the book. So basically in reverse order, but that really isn't a problem.

Attached: Roadside_Picnic.jpg (702x1080, 153K)

Unironically comfy trash. The book is much better.

I wish I could find a torrent for the Criterion collection version on BluRay.

How does Aleksei German's Hard to Be a God compare to the novel?

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5428971

Larper

If you want a more deep understanding of both setting and atmosphere, read the book first, then movie, then game.
The movie touches more the philosophical side of the story, while the game explores the setting, but actually has more in common with the book.

Thanks brother, I made that post with the intention of hopefully getting spoonfed and you didn't disappoint.

Attached: 1394951901230.jpg (680x932, 104K)

Not even Tarkovsky's best

Attached: 1546475754391.jpg (193x232, 6K)

>first year philosophy
If you think that's first year philosophy you're pretentious as fuck

I thought that was adele's music video

I think I'll do the same.

I've watched it twice and would happily watch a third time

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they must teach kids something more substantial than that in their first year.

The movie and the book have next to nothing in common.

You are a dishonest faggot and you know it.

yeah that's why I said the game is more similar.
the movie borrows the basic setting of the zone and the stalkers, but it goes into a completly different way.

It's complete trash that people dicksuck because Soviet directors were once very fashionable.

Andrei Rublev is his best and is not very good. Nobody who likes him can offer any justification, they're slobbering idiots

Stalker is a favourite but Nostalghia and Sacrifice were much more challenging for me, I hate feeling like a pleb and feeling like i'm not "getting something" and missing a large element of the experience, I couldn't even finish Mirror which is one of the only times i've had to give up on a movie partway through. Would reading his sculpting in time book make his more challenging movies more accessible?

>Would reading his sculpting in time book make his more challenging movies more accessible
Yes absolutely.
You have to approach his films in an emotionally direct and honest way, not in a way like you are trying to decipher a puzzle or whatnot. There is no "hidden meaning" you have to get out, it's all direct. Think of it like visual poetry.

Well it’s gotta be modeled on an acid trip even if the themes behind it are religious

Attached: E7622DC5-C9B7-4920-AE08-4AA42CE502E7.jpg (768x576, 44K)

>DUDE PLANTS AND WATER LMAO
yep, it sucked donkey balls

>Andrei Rublev is his best and is not very good

where do people like you come up with these garbage opinions?

also book and movie have 0 gunaction

>dude everything trippy is based on drugs bro lmao
die in a fire

>even if the themes behind it are religious
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Attached: 650964fd9f0ed198550895df8f221dfa3afd04b4367592286ca61f755cf15d3d.png (1000x1000, 261K)

it is a great movie. watch it with an open mind. the book is one of my favorite books.

I don’t. Tarkovsky was commenting on religious feelings in a soviet state or something.
>waah everything adult scares me and makes me mad
K faggot

>I don’t. Tarkovsky was commenting on religious feelings in a soviet state or something.
My reading comprehension is clearly off. I apologise for wasting your time. Have a good day.

>ok we shot the movie but Ivan fucked up and destroyed all footage
>FUCK WHAT SHOULD WE DO WEHAVE A DEADLINE IN A MONTH
>it's ok let's just shoot some footage of nature and dogs drinking water and let our actors say a few lines that sound deep, say it's an arthouse kino, everyone will eat it up

Amerilard niggas in 2019:

Attached: 1554130220375.png (588x391, 448K)

That is what I thought when I was 12 years old, please come back when you are grown up, in 10+ years.

mfw.
>no lasers
>no robots
>no firefights
>no funny cheap jokes
>no boom boom bang bang
>no character telling me exactly what is happening right now, cause I'm a brainlet
>no one keeping me engaged every second, let's grab my phone and post how boring this movie is
>wait what the fuck happened
>where the fuck is the STRONK women character
>where the fuck is the STRONK black character
>where the fuck is the STRONK disabled muslim character

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this is a white nationalist, xenophobic alt-right, pro Trump, Nazi anti-multiculturalism/diverse movie.

I'm nearing my 30s user

>a literal manchild
big yikes

The book
>Aliens stop by briefly and drop off their trash, a literal "Roadside picnic"
>Everything around it is contaminated with wonders and horrors beyond human comprehension, called "The Zone". Even touching something wrong gives you a heart attack
Never read it, that's my understanding

The movie
>Supernatural force in the heart of an exclusion zone. Said to grant one's desires
>No one knows what it is, some think it's God, some think it's ancient magic, anyone's guess
>The area around the place gives you hallucinations and "booby traps" that make you go insane and die
>2 guys go in with a guide to reach this center.
Slow burn, not that action oriented or exciting. Moreso suspenseful and beautiful. The characters constantly talk about philosophy and the concept of religion.

The games
>Supernatural hivemind poisons and contaminates the already radioactive Chernobyl exclusion area, called "The Zone"
>The place is now overrun with demons, horrors, unexplainable occurrences, and fantastical treasures and artifacts
>Everyone from every faction all with different motivations want to take these treasures and will either go in themselves or send mercenaries and "STALKERS" to go in
Dreadful atmosphere, viscious gunplay, and open world. It's only good on the hardest difficult (2 shots to kill both you and the enemy. Low difficult; you both become bullet sponges). The game is glitched to hell, sometimes you will die horribly from stepping on something wrong and go sailing 100ft into the air or a helicopter will get ragdoll physics and move ten feet everytime you punch it. This actually makes the game good. Every glitch is just "Oh, the Zone got me" or "That's just life in the zone"

A few dudes rambling about bullshit for 3 hours and a makes-no-sense ending.

Slightly unrelated note but the Mirrors fucking sucked. The film itself is a terrorist attack on the concept of storytelling

In the book, aliens briefly visited the Earth and left some artifacts in the place that was later called The Zone, one if characters say that what if that event that shook us to the core is nothing more than something mundane to the aliens and the artifacts our scientists cannot comprehend is literal trash they left behind?
You are mostly right on a second point tho, but people who live near the zone also slowly deteriorate and change into something inhuman

It's called Mirror.
Also it's a terrorist attack on the brainlet obsession on plot points, not storytelling.

thanks user. Watched the movie and played the games, but never got around to reading the book since my libraries don't have it. Still gotta find an english version for cheap somewhere

Why should every film adhere to traditional way of storytelling?

>Sacrifice
One of the worst movies I've seen. IIRC they threw 2 plots together for whatever reason. Well, it really shows. Made absolutely no fucking sense. Though at the end the dude running around like a retard and the others chasing him was pretty funny.

>not watching film with plot to contextualize it
Then you are better off going on a roller coaster ride or dropping acid brainlets.

There is a plot and a clear context in Mirror you dummy, it's just that the focus isn't on the plot points that people like you usually read off of wikipedia, but on the visual narrative itself.

It really frustrates me that the book has never been directly adapted. I much prefer the setting where the zone isn't a warzone but isn't a desolate wasteland either. The 'traps' are way more interesting and it makes total sense that civilization would build up around the zone.

There is essentially no fucking plot in the movie and to insulate that there is one would be insulting the director even more. It is literally as incoherent as a dream.

filtered

>watching film for plot
Also it has a plot. Try paying attention next time.
It made perfect sense.

>Not understanding the definition of a plot
There was a string of events sure, but there was barely anything to tie any of the events together into something coherent. I did understood the individual events, however bizzare and retarded they were, but there was nothing to tie all of them together.

Tark was shit at writing dialogue