ITT: Kino Animated Movies

I wish they still made movies like this. 3D animation barely makes the cut most of the time and the stories are sub par or about robots.

Attached: uni.jpg (800x1057, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

interviews.televisionacademy.com/interviews/arthur-rankin-jr#interview-clips
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WALL E

Check out Nocturna and Song of the Sea if you're looking for some good recent animation.

This movie made me want to set myself on fire.

>姪っこのふくらみ ~いつもの中出しごっこ~

have you ever thought about how First Blood and The Last Unicorn are kinda the same movie??

HICKETY WICKETY WOCKETY WACK

Attached: Screenshot (4776).png (1875x1065, 2.18M)

Of the ones on this chart:
>Angel's Egg
>Whisper of the Heart
>The Plague Dogs
>Tokyo Godfathers
>Feherlofia
>Fantastic Planet
>End of Evangelion
are animated kino must-sees.

Mildly underrated:
>Horus: Prince of the Sun
>The Snow Queen
>The Wild Swans
>Allegro Non Troppo
>Golgo 13

Attached: 1540178491001.jpg (1400x3864, 1.57M)

>Horsefuckers

What's with all the unicorn shit I'm seeing lately?

The last unicorn was made in 1982 shut the fuck up

it was added to Amazon prime recently

Great animated movies:

Flight of Dragons
Gandahar
The Masters of Time
Fern Gully
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
The Land Before Time
The Secret of NIMH

why

Attached: Screenshot (4775).png (940x1012, 770K)

why are so many japanese animated movies pretentious, incomprehensible, and overrated garbage?

He wishes to be the bull.

>Song of the Sea

This. Dont sleep on Cartoon Saloon in general Song of the Sea, Book of Kells and Breadwinner are all worth your time.

>>The Snow Queen

Thats the movie that inspired Miyazaki to go into animation.

Is Jin Roh not on the list or am I blind?

>that scene where the woman yells at her for turning up too late
>totally confused as a kid
>watch it as an adult and cry

Redline

Book of Kells is shit. Bad animation, bad storyline, terrible plot execution. If the others are anything like it, there's no way in hell I'm watching them.

>snow queen inspired miyazaki
I thought that was The Tale of the White Serpent. Both are good films though, I highly recommend them. Soviet-era animation is incredibly underrated.

if it isn't then I made a mistake when making the image. the chart is long overdue for an update.

Attached: snow-comp-41.jpg (1300x1003, 873K)

From the movies wiki page:
>Hayao Miyazaki has stated that this film is one of his inspirations to work in animation. When he started his career, Miyazaki had a rough start and was thinking of leaving animation. When he saw The Snow Queen, he admired it and continued working in anime. In September 2007, it was announced that Studio Ghibli will be distributing this film through their Ghibli Museum Library label and was released in December 2007 (in the original Russian audio with Japanese subtitles).

Not sure about White Serpent, might have been an inspiration for him as well.

I haven't seen Kells, but Song of the Sea can be perfectly described with your post.

One of the best animated movies ever.

Attached: 81-gV%2BFzqpL._SL1500_.jpg (1057x1500, 269K)

not even fucking close

Judging from this cover I can believe it. What awful dreck America is producing for animation the last 20 years.

Attached: 220px-Cat_Soup_cover.jpg (220x316, 36K)

TLU is a neat concept but the execution is way off. The songs are mostly bad, especially the butterfly in the beginning and the Mia Farrow/Jeff Bridges duet. The pacing is weird too. The characters and overall tone are great but it's hard to call this a classic.

This is a very lengthy interview with Arthur Rankin Jr. It covers his whole career and there are some good parts on The Last Unicorn.

interviews.televisionacademy.com/interviews/arthur-rankin-jr#interview-clips

This is anime, every animator name in credits is japanese.

Attached: felidae.jpg (1516x2161, 349K)