Justice League actor speaks

The dude who played Ares in Justice League spent four months training for it, and shot scenes where he fought Darkseid. They cut it all.

What the fuck even was that movie

Attached: 44DC560D-4D1B-48F6-BE26-219519E66D86.jpg (1024x400, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/59pGuEURNMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sabotaged

seeing a non actor buff dude punch a CGI dude would really have fixed the movie

did they even cast Darkseid?

Darkseid is basically thanos

>I crippled my body for free and they shot the footage to the sun, anyway god bless Zack Snyder haha :)

Christ, the guy has a cult following.

>for free

They still pay actors even if they don’t make the final cut dude

I'm sure he was thankful for the 20k check and little to no recognition besides sucking Snyder cock on Instagram.

They didn't cut the whole thing, there was a 2 minute scene where the Atlanteans, the Themyscarians, an older green lantern and the pantheon of Gods took on Steppenwolf and gave him his first loss.

Worth noting that they did cut ares out of the scene, but kept Zeus, Artemis and I'm pretty sure they kept Hercules as well. I would be fucking pissed too if I was him.

executives ruining creative work

It's become painfully obvious that the entire thing was a sabotage. Look at Man of Steel's CGI and fighting, it's literally LIGHTYEARS ahead of anything that was before or has been since. The sense of speed and brutality is unmatched. Look at Batman in BvS, no only the fighting but his whole demeanor.
And then watch Justice League. Someone wanted that movie to fail.

They probably had to cut his scene specifically because he was fighting Darkseid. And Darkseid was completely excised out of the movie when they decided to abandon the continuing cinematic universe narrative

darksneed

Why should be credited if he isnt in the final film?

Yeah. He was CGI program 8472

That was meant to be a whole fucking scene, like the knightmare in bvs or the telepathic zod dream in mos. And Joss made it into a 15 second exposition with gals voiceover.

Isn’t this Ares at about 2:40 or so, fighting Steppenwolf?

youtu.be/59pGuEURNMo

Attached: 68B1E014-99D8-4ECB-9F46-3C245FAC8847.jpg (2048x1127, 973K)

For all the crap Zack tried to cram in with no cohesion, it would have needed at least 5 hours. What a dumbass

Better pic

Attached: 5A0935D9-DF7E-4AA6-AF33-7A6D96CE009C.png (1920x1080, 3.88M)

I sure as hell hope not

That's the way he always does it. He shoots a dozen hours of nonsense and then clumsily scrapes the footage into avid and crams it into 2-3 hours. But I think Justice League was supposed to be a back-to-back 2 parter.

From fluidic space?

The very same.

thats hercules

that shit look like muthafuckin xena bruh AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hello Afro American friend

Everyone who works with him has loved him. Every single one. He's basically Dio but in real life. Unfortunately he needs to actually talk to people to convince them, so it didn't work on the normies who hated BvS because the mouse told them to.

>tfw no Hercules movie

>What the fuck even was that movie

A disaster.

Also this. He basically filmed two different movies and tried to slap it together into one which has always been his approach and is why basically none of his films are watchable at all.

TIL two people smashing each other with the subtlety of a toddler smashing together two GI Joes is visionary and envelope pushing.

>tfw we'll never get a good Justice League sequel now that Aquaman and Shazam fixed WB's approach
>tfw the shared universe is dead because no Batman or Superman

Not quippy enough so whedon gave it the axe

Thats Ares, concept art proves it (this was the orignal desgn on WW too before they changed it, it was TOO dark) not to mention the weird thing that Ares is credited in the movie as being played by the same actor as in WW(what he is mentioning in the tweet)

I don’t think it was intentional sabotage I just think Whedon is a fucking hack

Further proof that WB and Whedon fucked that movie over hard. I get that people might dislike Snyder's approach to MoS and BvS even though I consider both as quite good movies (BvS only in the UC version, the theatrical version was pretty crappy) but WB did the worst thing they could have done by adding Whedon to the mix

Warner Bros execs didn't give a fuck about the quality of the film. Whedon and fx houses were originally given over half a year to redo the film, then they cut it to 2 and cancelled half the fx contracts to ensure the film would release within the timeframe to keep their bonus. They fucked snyder, whedon and many people i know who worked on the project.

They CGI'd the guy's face on and gave him credit.

It wasn't Hercules but Ares so Zeus, Artemis, and Ares were shown but didn't fight against Darkseid

I agree with Whedon doesn't know how to handle epic movies because he literally never did one. I remember being hyped as fuck for Avengers 1 and after coming out of the theater thinking that it looked like a TV pilot. The dude is talentless, simple as that. Snyder on the other hand tries to knock it out of the park WAY too hard and ends up making movies that studios just can't approve of, at least not entirely

The movie was way too rushed, simple as that. The change in quality was shown best in the trailers to begin with
>first and second trailers (Snyder on board)
>look great
>CGI is on point
>cinematography looks great
>last trailer
>horrible effects
>reshoots look like shit
>final cut of the movie
>horrible effects during the last act and themyscira
>reshoots indeed look like dogshit
>weird closeups when Snyder used wider shots (e.g. Aquaman in the first trailer)
>several scenes cut out (Vulko, Flash side story, Cyborg's entire past)
Fuck WB for that shit. SS was mediocre but it at least felt like a whole movie. JL is one of the biggest fuck you to viewers of the last few years. They should have just delayed it, goddammit

Despite critics hating it, Snyder built a fairly dedicated fanbase, who would completely ignore criticisms if he directed it. It was too late to try and get the fun, quippy movie audience at that point.

Wheedon is a hack but it isn't his fault either. He said he needed more time but the WB suiot wanted their bonuses. It's fun to pretend that Disney killed JL and Wheedon was their plant (I'm seeing people say this dumb shit about Gunn on Suicide Squad) but it was just WB's incompetence that killed them. Again

>Literally every single person that's worked with Zack Snyder say he's a really nice guy to work with
>Reddit and Resetera still clam he's an asshole

you just don't get it do you

They should never have decided to play catch up with marvel in order to be successful. It required a slow build where you got to know the characters. The individual DC films featuring usually, a single hero tend to do well. At least at present.

I really like almost every movie he made (Suckerpunch was dogshit) but I really think those Snyderfags who act as if he's a god are just trolls who are taking it a step too far. I literally love MoS but I see the criticism some people have with it if it's not the regular "not muh Supes" or "why did he have to kill Zod?" crap. The tornado scene for instance was indeed needless and could have been a lot better to signal why Clark can't save everybody

>It was too late to try and get the fun, quippy movie audience at that point
not in Whedon's mind apparently. that fucker amped it up a notch and put in quips everywhere. What a stupid retard, I swear. Just take the existing scenes and make the damn movie Snyder wanted to make and, if it really has to be, include those shitty quips of yours. DON'T try to alter like 50% of the guy's movie, Jesus

but Snyder isn't the one who cut him
this guy has no reason at all to hate Snyder, I don't know why you want him to so badly

>reeee movies too long
>my brain sad :(

It's pretty apparent that Snyder just loves to do the shit he does. In all interviews I saw of him, he seems genuine and a cool person to be around with. He's not some oddball who tries to be a dick to everyone on set just to get what he wants. I also feel that the Snyder hate is due to lowlifes who just like to hate on directors like Bay and Snyder who love to make spectacles out of their movies. Granted, Bay has made some serious shit like TF4 and 5 but both of them are great cinematographers and use action scenes perfectly in their movies. Give them a good script and they'll make great movies

>being mad that people enjoy working with a director

Okay Mickey calm down I'm sure the next Star Wars film won't bomb as bad as last time

yeah nah you can literally smell the toxic masculinity rolling off this guy, I'm glad Joss cut him, FUCK men and FUCK male people desu

Attached: 42ba7521-976e-49c9-9c39-221f32143e64.png (598x598, 1M)

It's so ironic in that sense. Not one person who's worked with Zack said one bad thing about him.

>generic bodybuilder
Lame.

OK, so you don't want to have Darkseid show up in the first film. Understandable.

Why have just Steppenwolf, though? Who the fuck cares about Steppenwolf? If you're going with characters from Apokolips, any other would have been better. Granny Goodness would have been better!

Based, i really liked what the females had to say when people bitched about the costumes:
>“I think that the sexualization happens largely in the intent of the creators. In this case, I’ve heard Zack Snyder and [costume designer] Michael Wilkinson’s name being thrown about. I can only speak to my own experiences with them and my own perception of their intent, but I have had the honor of working with them on several occasions and could not speak highly enough of them. I have NEVER felt more empowered than I have on Zack Snyder sets.”
That and the sucker punch actress saying they would wipe the floor for zack really says a lot about the guy, he "empowers" his actors and the characters with actions and not narratives.

Attached: amazons.jpg (1024x600, 110K)

I think that's the actual difference between an actual person who appreciates women and someone who just sees them as objects. Snyder tries to bring out the best in people while other directors just see women as a means to tell their own story with no intention of showing the people their strenghts

>and after coming out of the theater thinking that it looked like a TV pilot.
it was a pilot for a series tho
so he succeeded
The MCU is not a series of films. It's a TV series with 2 hour episodes. And that's what keeps plebs hooked. From a business standpoint, marvel movies are brilliant, perfectly engineered to capture the lowest common denominator.

>From a business standpoint, marvel movies are brilliant, perfectly engineered to capture the lowest common denominator.
I totally agree with that. Aside from the fact that I think Phase 2 and 3 are garbage, I feel like companies should definitely try to copy Disney in the marketing aspect of business. They are basically marketing gods because they have enough experience to tell what keeps young people hooked to their products. That is the best you can do as a company who is trying to sell their products, make people into little kids again and make them think that they're able to get off the train anytime when in reality they can't because they're hooked

Whedon is a hack.

Thanos is and always has been a ripoff of Darkseid. If you don't believe me, just look it up.

With good reason. He's a rarity in Hollywood:

A man of character.

>this is your brain on the Snyder-pill

Yeah. Ray Porter.

He more or less admits it on his Twitter.

It still blows my mind that WB actually paid MONEY to make the movie look WORSE. What the fuck.

Attached: jl3.jpg (730x1024, 110K)

They just hate him because they think his movies are right wing. It has nothing to do with anything beyond that

Yeah man I hate it when someone gets me in the shape of my life in 4 months then gives me 20 grand, shit sucks!

There's some podcast where a DC or WB guy details that iirc focus groups were especially retarded, and then Joss Whedon fucked everything up. He also said that even tho Snyder was persona non grata, James Wan was constantly consulting with him on Aquaman.

how are people shitting on the cyborg and aquaman comparisons. How hard do you faggots have to reach to find something wrong with those, let alone the other 3

>The tornado scene for instance was indeed needless and could have been a lot better to signal why Clark can't save everybody

That's cognitive dissonance. I fought uphill trying to force that scene into the mold for what Pa Kent's death was always used for in the comics too until I realized that's not what it's saying. It's Clark showing in no uncertain terms that he's not ready to be a hero, and that Jonathan Kent understood that it was far more important that Clark get as close to a normal childhood as possible instead of spending his whole young life groomed for a specific role. Jonathan understood how important it was that that was Clark's decision, not his.

Zack Snyder is a true legend. In time the plebs will see.

aquaman one is a reach but the cyborg one is clear as day, unless you're a blind no taste fag of course

They hate him because they fear his unapologetic honesty. Honesty is dangerous.

These aren't even the worst ones. What I still can't wrap my head around is why everything's so needlessly cropped in Whedon's final. It makes everything feel weird and claustrophobic.

for real, his fans are creepy , like freaking scientologists

Attached: 1554678950594.jpg (939x717, 200K)

Faggot