You remember the episode where there was a Jehovah’s Witness whose ailment could only be treated by surgery...

You remember the episode where there was a Jehovah’s Witness whose ailment could only be treated by surgery, which her religion forbids? Remember how they never actually explained how that plotline played out and Carla just said something like “it’s a good thing we solved that woman’s case like we did.”

I think about that episode. I think about it a lot.

Attached: 5CA6B14F-7446-446F-A771-D60EA56907AF.jpg (640x961, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts 15:29&version=KJV
biblehub.com/leviticus/17-10.htm
youtu.be/uDAWjxTxVtU?t=102
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wanna taste Prime Chalke's butthole

I didn't get it either

the family would have understood if she died because they believed the same thing

its like that poor Japanese guy who got irradiated and they kept him alive

Didn't something like this happen not too long ago in the UK? the parents fought in court to get the kid back from doctors or something and as soon as they did he died

Attached: Anti-Japan2.png (445x554, 271K)

Happens all the time in the US, and no one ever does anything about it, despite children being overwhelmingly harmed by it. Shame that Scrubs introduced a genuine ethical problem in medicine and didn’t do anything about it.

Jehovahs are fine with taking blood of its just serum /platlets or whatever the fuck fractal part of blood they need is for some reason
Remember my mum showing me a video about it

iirc some SMALL surgeries can be performed without transfusions
though i do remember something about if shit goes south you're fucked

They solved it by returning her home where she peacefully died. (I guess.)

Fuck off

Attached: 1552611734738.jpg (1000x767, 171K)

Me too

Attached: 5fL2s4t_d.jpg (640x360, 15K)

That's like in Insurrection when Picard asked Worf what he was doing on the Enterprise and then it just cut away. Makes me laugh every time. Writers be all like, "Fuck it, it's a TNG movie, we need fucking Worf and we're too goddamn lazy to come up with some line of bullshit. "

I don't get it, how old of a religion is Jehovah's Witness for them to even have a rule that states "blood shouldn't be passed from person to person", what retard came up with that and why?

Religion doesn't work with science ever. This is why I fuckin hate religion "I believe that I can't do thing that makes 0 sense because my religion said no"

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts 15:29&version=KJV
biblehub.com/leviticus/17-10.htm
Seems unrelated but people kind of twisted it to a test of faith.

what user, what does it make you think?

Have sex

lol what it states eats or drinks, having a transfusion isn't eating or drinking and I am assuming this was talking about blood from animals, not from humans anyway.

This is some brainwashing type shit, how the fuck is religion taken seriously?

.>:(

abstain from consuming blood seems like it means don't succumb from bloodlust i.e don't be violent

It makes me wonder how the episode went into production when the main plotline wasn’t resolved. Like, no one stepped up and was like “hey, maybe this script should go through another draft.” It’s super lazy, especially considering this episode was long before the show started declining in quality.

>i'm a man of science

Attached: fatfuck.jpg (974x984, 120K)

Scrubs was kind of irritating and shitty when it wasn't being good.

My mom's a JW and yeah she can't have transfusions. It's a pretty big deal actually. They go by the oldest shit and take everything very literally. They can drink booze but can't smoke for example. No queers in their church, men are in charge and know whats best etc.
My mom reminds me almost weekly that if she ever gets sent to a hospital to let her die and to not have her operated on. How they solved this issue in the tv show I have no clue.

The air band made up for it.

Attached: 1210519464898.jpg (1200x796, 213K)

Well, I wouldn't go that far, I'm agnostic. I don't really care what someone believes in but when it comes to medical science and it could cure someone, then that's when I get annoyed

I feel sorry for you user. I hate to say it but she's likely going to die because she believes in something retarded

Why be annoyed about it, it's her choice. Same way Bob Marley went. Plenty of faiths disallow modern medicine. I can understand where you are coming from when it comes to kids but lets be honest. Most kids get fucked plenty without any religion involved and it's not like anyones helping them out.

I suppose, but with how medical science works, if God didn't want us to use it, he wouldn't allow am right? That's why magic doesn't work. We aren't allowed to use it. Give someone a new liver or kidney and it just works? alright awesome. Religion makes people idiots, but it also gives them comfort knowing that when they die they goto whereever they believe in. I'm cool with that but keep living on if you can.

Tried to rewatch it's not as great for one time I think I hate most of the music but it's also very cheesy

I don't know God, never met him. No clue why he would allow or wouldn't allow anything. My mother has faith in him and I wouldn't do anything against her wishes. If she got in a car accident tomorrow I would be there to make sure she died if that is what needed to happen. Because I respect her wishes, people might call that retarded, they may even call it cruel but it's her life. Would I hate to have to? It gets me emotional just considering it of course but I would hope I am the man she raised and so can give her what she has asked of me. I owe her that much.

That's understandable. I can't argue against it 2bh.

I know there was a lot of "lol so random" humor but I still liked Scrubs very much (till season 8 I think).

>youtu.be/uDAWjxTxVtU?t=102
holy shit lol

yikes

The inverse happened. The UK wanted to stop treatment and let the kid die, despite doctors from other countries in Europe saying that he could be treated, both the pope and Italian government separately offering to take the child and give him free treatment at their hospitals.

Then they killed him.

He was at the Manzar colony which is like a few hours away so he hopped a shuttle over what kind of explanation beyond that do you need?