Has to pick a partner to work alongside for his highly classified top government secret agency

>Has to pick a partner to work alongside for his highly classified top government secret agency
>Dismisses an entire room full of best of the best of the best of the best with honors qualified agents and decades of training for some street cop who found an alien by accident
>Street cop is so dumb he shoots the little girl in the fucking training simulation
>Kay insists to his supervisor to take Jay as an agent because "he can run very fast"

Why was Kay so intent on Jay becoming his partner?

Attached: Kay.jpg (500x411, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fiBLgEx6svA
youtube.com/watch?v=B-CCeiMIQhc
youtube.com/watch?v=mVAePIyC4kQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because he met a time traveling agent J that helped him save the world when he was younger.

he just wanted a partner he could banter with instead of some tryhard nerd

Ugh, isnt it obvious?
He saw him as someone with potential. He was probably tired of working with the same run-of-the-mill boring white dudes.

Did you not watch the third movie?

Didn't you even see Men in Black 3 before watching the first film? lmao

Attached: 1413912146554.webm (600x325, 2.86M)

You would think applicants would have been groomed since their early careers.
That's how a lot of glow in the darks start out.

Ignoring the third movie, what you were SUPPOSED to understand by your second or at LEAST third viewing of this kino was that Will Smith was right. The little girl reading way over her head math's problem WAS the suspicious one. And he alone had the street smarts to recognize size her as the real threat. In their line of work big scary ugly aliens are the norm and being able to discern which will be problematic is key.

Men in Black >> Men in Black 3 >>>>>> Wild Wild West >>>>>>>>>>>> Men in Black 2.

he admired will smith shooting a little white girl in protest of cops shooting black "criminals"

because the MiB are cops, not murderous sociopaths like the military

because they're not military grunts you buffoon, mib needed people that could think without being told what to do.

He could think out of the chair box.

Attached: mib.gif (320x240, 1.21M)

They wanted him to shoot the little girl in the simulation, she was the only one out of place. It was a test to see if they would evaluate their targets fairly despite being aliens. MIB isn't XCOM, they don't exist to kill aliens, they exist to police them. So the "best of the best" that shot the aliens would be poor alien policemen because they would just knee-jerk shoot aliens for no good reason other than them being ugly aliens.

>Ignoring the third movie

Why? K picking Will Smith because it was his father's dying wish when J time travelled from the future makes perfect sense

soul > soulless

Because they need someone actually adaptive, capable of on point ad hoc decisionmaking, thinking outside the box. You can train all the other stuff, but you can't train that. And believe me, in pretty much every line of work, you'll find that it's exactly these type of people who actually move ahead while all hard-working drones are left behind wondering why.

I'm saying ignoring it because it already gives the answer outright. The rest of the explanation is based purely within the original MIB for the sake of providing the reason without resorting to external media.

Does it really matter? Our entire world is inside a locker in an alien train station, and the entire galaxy is just some colossal alien child's marble.

reminds me of this

Attached: intouchables.jpg (800x600, 108K)

Was this a test?

Did they really want someone to shoot the little girl because it seemed like in the next scene Kay was trying to convince the supervisor that it didn't matter that Jay failed the test.

why is the first movie so enduring? it's not even very good but it's so charming

Chemistry between the leads

I would argue that perhaps the test wasnt outright for that outcome, but after hearing his explanation to his reasoning they accepted it as a correct answer and a mistake on their end. Also possible K was not given the correct answer prior to testing and assumed he had wrongly shot the little girl, himself missing her suspicion circumstances.

because he'd already chased and caught up to an alien, and he didn't freak out
so he'd already shown he could handle the job

Watch the 3rd movie you fucking idiot

No one else seems to remember the fact J was the only one of them to get involved with an alien.

Do you know that for a fact? Maybe they were all picked because they'd dealt with an alien

didn't that encounter get mindwiped?

Don't know if you're trolling but I'm pretty sure those movies weren't even conceived at the time of the first.

Literally this. I haven't even seen the third film, but if it retcons this then fuck that

the aliens were essentially humans with quirks. plus, 90s will smith was kino

Yes.

In the third movie, J time travels and meets young K. K sees Will Smith's dad die and neuralises it out of Will's mind, then spent the intervening decades watching over him until he finally became MiB material

holy shit that sounds even worse than the second movie

It's not, but it's close

>hurr durr, why would shooting the little girl be the right answer

The main bad guy was literally wearing a human suit, AND there was a little alien in a human robot

Attached: CB753B7E-C827-41AB-AFE8-17A01A8F9315.jpg (638x630, 45K)

It's actually a lot better than it sounds and is done really well.

Lol No

It's not the third one is honestly pretty good

The second one is shit except for vore mommy

Empathy and humanity are key to the MIB program. Earth is supposed to be an interplanetary hub and peacefully hosts aliens from all over the galaxy. MIB is tasked with keeping them and humans in line, and keeping the peace.

The last thing you want is some brainwashed Navy SEAL with 20 years combat experience who would shoot an innocent alien baby without remorse.

Jay, while being a total N word, was also down to very down to erf and saw the world through the eyes of someone who understood the world as the less fortunate experienced it.

In no way is it worse than the second film, which really was terrible. MiB3 is solid.

Think about how that roadside birth scene would have gone with some trigger happy bootlicker

yeah man MiB 3 was actually really good, almost as good as the first. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Attached: 149453_366676476712755_112912768755795_952846_315524333_n-580x385.jpg (580x385, 42K)

The 2nd movie is the weakest of the 3, the 3rd is actually a very surprising success with a totally different feel to it than the other two visually and storywise.
It feels like watching pages from a comic move between panels. It has some very funny moments also.

Mib, as goofy and campy as it was, will never be made today. It had a black protagonist that did not push any black power agenda like Black Panther. What the fuck happened to Hollywood?

youtube.com/watch?v=fiBLgEx6svA

Attached: men in black will smith02.webm (954x720, 2.28M)

youtube.com/watch?v=B-CCeiMIQhc

Attached: banner_650.jpg (600x240, 17K)

Attached: Spider-Verse-image-1-660x1002.jpg (660x1002, 119K)

They wanted someone to rape the little girl

You know a reboot is on the way, correct?

that doesn't count

>that doesn't count
what a surprise

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (666x1000, 198K)

The Rock's not black user. He's an honorary arian

Checked
Also I want to stick my cock in Karen Gillan.
There's a recent interview with her, Mark Ruffalo, and Chris Evans where she takes her shoes off and shows the camera but it's blocked where I am for some reason.

the test was to see what they would do in that situation. everyone else just started firing off the bat while j analyzed the situation and shot the one thing that didnt belong (the one thing alien in a group of aliens)

MiB really is a great film.
I’m not gonna check to see if anyone has posted the “Imagine what you’ll know tomorrow” scene, but it’s pure kino.

But that's kinda like Link learning the Song of Storms because his future self taught him. It doesn't make any sense for Jay to be an agent in the first place given his low qualifications

>I literally don't understand the merits of lateral thinking in a line of work where literally anything can happen
This is why you're a basement dwelling keyboard warrior.

Video games don't need to make sense.
>It doesn't make any sense for Jay to be an agent in the first place given his low qualifications
Genuine question, did you actually watch the film?

Look just say what you're thinking

Yes K wanted to get BLACKED

>total N word
You write like a faggot, but your entire conclusion is correct.

This and the Godzilla show were Saturday morning kino. I went to some kids play place thing for a birthday party and they had a Godzilla laser tag game there. They used some acronym that was some group or something that had been on the show that morning. As far as I was aware, that was the first episode of the show that talked about this group, whatever the acronym was. But it was already at the laser place later that day. Always confused me as a kid.

>She drew a cephalopod and pointed it at me, I had to magdump, Sir!

No, they just installed a two way mirror in the wall for fun.

Because retcons/rewriting canon isn't as good as what's actually in the movie

Did people forget that he chased down the aliens on foot and that impressed K?

OP didn’t forget, but looks like you forgot to read the whole post.

Is thought that the outside-of-the-box thinking test was obvious. It's the kind of shit that companies pull during recruitment all the time; present applicants with a phony test when the real test is noting which applicant takes charge of handing out the forms etc

Your government being based and censoring your degernate fetish

>Genuine question, did you actually watch the film?
Yeah, all three of them. Did you? Well, let me tell you the story. According to the third movie they hire Jay because his future agent self helps Kay save the world in the past, so future Kay picks past Jay. It's a bullshit poorly thought out infinite loop story arc that doesn't make any sense, identical to Prisoner of Azkaban

This is the only good movie will Smith has ever been in, think about that

Basically this. Jay was a New York cop; if he unloaded on people every time some slightly weird shit went down it'd start a riot at some point. The other candidates were trained to do exactly that, however, and that's why they weren't selected.

This is actually a real world problem that arises whenever a military force is used in a police capacity.

>I, Robot isn't a masterpiece
The absolute state of this poster

It's funny he actually turned it down because he didn't want to make another alien movie after independence day. Spielberg had to convince him to change his decision.

The third movie has nothing to do with it. Jay proved he could think outside the box in all the tests. The MiB doesn't want soldiers, they want agents that can think critically.

>Wild, Wild West isn't a masterpiece
The absolute state of this poster

That's quite obviously false.

Bad Boys
Independence Day
I Am Legend
Men in Black 3
Bad Boys 2
I, Robot
Hancock

Attached: hmm cat.jpg (572x621, 104K)

Except if you really examine the training scene, Zed is disappointed with Jay in everything he does. He even goes backstage to discuss with Kay if they really should hire him seeing as he doesn't seem to like following orders, and Kay says he was also like that, so Zed complies. There's literally no proof that Jay shooting the little girl was what the test actually required them to do. And the third movie HAS everything to do with it for fucks sake. It is canon. They hire Jay because of the time travel shit, not because he disobeyed the orders

This post must be bait. How autistic would the person be who doesn't understand J passed all the tests while the others failed?

Zed wanted a more rote agent, while Kay knew better. What's so hard to understand?
>And the third movie HAS everything to do with it for fucks sake. It is canon.
I'm saying even before the third movie was made Jay proved himself in the tests. Jesus.

This. Are people retarded? There are lots and lots of neutral aliens in the movies, you don't just kill any scary looking alien. You have to think, and that's what Will Smith did

In fact since most aliens live in Manhattan in disguise it's reasonable to pick a NYPD cop over air force guys
The job of MIB shown in first and second movies are :
1. Solve murder cases
2. Interview people
3. Witness protection program
4. Animal control

When you look at it from hind sight it's obvious

>Theres a reddit janny banning people over racial stuff

Zed is rightly concerned about Jay's lack of deference to authority, which is later vindicated when Jay uses the Cricket. It's not made clear what he thinks of the other candidates but given Rip Torn's mannerisms I doubt he was thrilled with them either. Zed is a weird dude too.

>making it about race
There were 2 other black dudes applying for the position moron.

So killing neutral looking aliens is ok?

really? that’s gay

The truth is we don't need best of the best for this job. MIB is a job for idiots. They use tech stolen from aliens. They don't have to understand the technology.

kek
>22-23 year old academy grads
>20 years combat experience
lel

>there is an army of cleaners in MIB whose job is to clean up traces of aliens
>there is another army of men wiping out people's memory
>then there needs to be technicians making and maintaining those hi-tech equipments
>they probably constructed their own secret buildings too
>all of those people are under the command of the agents. One phone call away
>the agents are actually commanders of armies

Stay seething.

i want to shake your hand

MIB2 is so shit
WWW edges it out but barely, but yeah, you fucking nailed it bro, MIB3 was actually really good in terms of being faithful to the franchise, nothing pop culture, and a straightforward story with good acting from both smith, brolin and lee

shitty dubs with no retort

No way. 3 is the worst and Wild Wild West is fun.

>Shadowy NWO spooks
>Chill summery rap song
FUCK YOU 90s!

>Hancock
literally ruined by Theron

shit taste and the rest of the thread disagrees with your pleb opinion

>ywn get a creepy MIB film closer in tone to the comics or even the cartoon
>youtube.com/watch?v=mVAePIyC4kQ
it sucks, man

>caring about janitors
Litteraly just change your IP moron. Here watch.
NIGGERS! :D
Fuck jannies

Well for one thing, a lot of his work seems to be investigatory and bureaucratic. MiB are basically a combination of an ICE Agent and an FBI agent, so a cop that is used to working the streets in NYC with all of it's weirdos may well be the obviously superior choice to a bunch of special forces guys that while very bright and physically capable, don't have the necessary experience or skills with people, or in this case xenos presenting themselves as people, and therefore are unqualified.

>No way. 3 is the worst

Well obviously not when MiB2 exists.

>only one of the five who had actually met an alien and survived
>wow wtf why did he pikk him????

I had to heard a dumb white kid try to sing it but he didn't know the lyrics so he just kept repeating "here come the men in black"

>A beat cop is a general
yeah nah

This

Nerds are the worst. Before social media, I thought they were cool, but they work very hard to demonstrate otherwise.

>didn't push black power agenda
>blonde girl still gets blacked
user, I...

>I Am Legend
Only with the original ending.

BASTE

Maybe you weren't supposed to shoot anyone but the idea is that K had the best reasoning, or at least demonstrated that he was able to think outside the box in order to come up with solutions

Man, that sucls

that was me lol

men in black is pure kino

Attached: mib.jpg (900x646, 150K)

Were you blonde and is your mom gay but her partner and her family pretend otherwise even with you there at every holiday gathering?

Its the ghostbusters of the 90s.

>Tired: Trying to write in your chair
>Wired: Dragging the table over to your chair
>Inspired: Kneeling at the table

Ghostbusters reboot is worth watching just for the handsome blonde

He said it himself, he was looking for a replacement. He also was just some dude who stumbled onto aliens, he was no army officer he wanted to train someone he understood.

No, it’s not.

I really liked the third movie plot its like Agent K without words became his dad and watched over him till he became a man

finally some reality in films

>No Wild Wild West

>its not very good
The fuck it isnt!

What if I make a cut of just her being handsome and quirky?

It wasn't that he failed the test, Zed was just making sure that Kay was positive about going with the unconventional choice since he would be training him to be his replacement.

Did you watch MiB on AMC today and then made this thread?

you mean endearing dumb cunt

That happens at the end of the movie. At the beginning of the movie, when J time travels, he asks the time travel guy why he remembers the timeline where K lived, and the guy only has time to say that it means that J was 'there when it happened.' Throughout the movie, J marvels at how cheerful and personable K was when he was younger, repeatedly asking him what happened to make him a grouch and repeatedly being told 'I don't know, it hasn't happened yet.' And other stuff, too. It was honestly kino.

He wanted him as a bull.

>that Ayuwoki cameo in the second movie

HEE HEE!

An alien disguising itself as a little girl is at the very least a suspect.

yeah, brown people are born knowing the lyrics

No. K looked out for J and knew about him because of the 3rd movie, but that's not why he brought him into MIB. He knew that J helped save him and earth in the past, but he brought him into MIB because of how J handled his first alien encounter and because he saw potential in him. He believed in him. As for the test, as someone else in the thread mentioned, it seems probable that they weren't supposed to shoot anyone in the test. MIB protects aliens. They don't want trigger happy agents. The level headed cop only shot the alien pretending to be something it wasn't (which was a big part of the film with aliens hiding in bodies), while the other candidates shot innocent aliens.

>ey yo this nigga ran down a squid

I would too if I could afford it.

Wasn't the scene actually Zed commenting about J's problem with authority. I remember his face dropping right when J tells him to 'get off his ass.' He seemed fine with J's response and rather bemused by his empathy towards the aliens. It was just the problem of J being a hothead that he seemed hesitant about.

That was fucking tedious, I only remember that lasting a few seconds.

Z makes a comment about the other applicants that they are "Everything we've come to expect from government employees"

They are over qualified, mindless drones.

>Preferring a shit sandwich over day old pizza
wewlad

>That was fucking tedious

Why don't you do us all a favour and kys.

Attached: 1421606576655.jpg (640x640, 29K)

Even if he wasn't supposed to shoot the girl, he failed the test much less badly than all the other candidates.

Kino.

>Kay was trying to convince the supervisor that it didn't matter that Jay failed the test.
My interpretation was they were arguing about J's answers on that bullshit written test.

>not snuggling down on hot summer evenings for some comfy Bagger Vance watching, imagining yourself to be in Savannah playing gold during the depression, while backed up my a magical negro
I pity you.

Attached: Are You Fucking Nuts.jpg (150x161, 26K)

>all those speeches about sparing aliens with different looks
>the roach alien they shot without blinking in the end looks exactly like the boards Jay spared

roach dude had already committed a bunch of crimes and proven himself dangerous, user

It proves the scary boards are accurate representation of what they are supposed to shoot.