The only sequel trilogy character that is salvageable at this point is Poe, in my opinion...

The only sequel trilogy character that is salvageable at this point is Poe, in my opinion. Rey was a Mary Sue from the start and Finn's reason for defecting from the First Order ("Because it's the right thing to do!") is EXTREMELY LAZY WRITING. When Poe asked Finn why he was abandoning the First Order, Finn should have said "Because they always treated me like trash." or something along those lines, because at least that would have seemed more natural, more human and more relatable. JJ would be wise to make Episode IX 3 hours long like Endgame, so that the first hour of the movie is basically Episode 8, while the last two hours of the movie are Episode 9.

Attached: 151654759.png (596x560, 416K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0pK5HmuCMBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nice job, could you put colt45 in his hand instead, it would look better

Attached: boomer.jpg (779x797, 307K)

I didn't make the picture faggot, fuck off.

Is colt 45 actually good?

no it's for niggers

It seemed like Finn's reason for defecting was simply because he's a coward. TFA started the typical arc of him sticking around because he finally has friends in the rebellion, though TLJ kinda fucked everything up by trying to make it an even more pathetic "it's the right thing to do" arc.

I just CAN'T STAND this "It's the right thing to do!" BULLSHIT. It's so fucking dishonest-tier.

Yes.

Attached: 151475709.jpg (1039x1219, 961K)

Yea but he is only salvageable because no one has used him yet.

no, it's cheap

>colt.45
based
youtube.com/watch?v=0pK5HmuCMBM

No, but it'll get you drunk

Stormtroopers aren't even supposed to have opinions, let alone defect. They should have make him some sort of anomaly in the program, which could have explained why he was a nigger to begin with.

I can kind of look past Rey being a Mary Sue. First of all, we've already had a trilogy about a young nobody learning the ways of the Force and it would have been somewhat redundant to show that again. The issue here wasn't that she was overpowered, but that they made her backstory too close to Luke's and Anakin's.
Second, the Force mostly functions on belief. By the time of a New Hope, the Jedi were nothing but a myth to the citizens of the Empire. Kind of like how you've gone your entire life hearing about how Christian saints used to perform insane miracles, and then one day you actually see someone call upon the power of Christ to bring down a Navy Battleship. You'd probably be a lot more likely to believe that it was possible, and therefore more capable of drawing upon the power of faith to perform miracles yourself. Again, this is somewhat negated by the fact that they made Luke a myth in The Force Awakens.

I thought Finn's reason for leaving the First Order was because he wasn't down to kill unarmed Civvies. He resisted whatever indoctrination programming the FO uses on the kids they captured.

I was always under the impression that Finn wasn't sold on the idea of the resistance either. His loyalties lay with his only 2 friends in the Galaxy Poe and Rey.

8 could have had a great story of Finn realizing the resistance was worth fighting by having Poe be the embodiment of the New Republic ideals on a small adventure they would have together.

Instead we got the Rose show guest starring Finn. Fucking Rian.

>I can kind of look past Rey being a Mary Sue.

I can't. I really can't. At this point, the only thing that can slightly justify Rey being a Mary Sue (in my opinion, at least) is if Sheev somehow found Luke's severed hand and extracted Luke's DNA from it to create Rey.

>Fucking Rian.

I know, right? Finn could have also sacrificed himself for the Resistance as a way of showing character development, but of course Rian Johnsoy is against character development. Fuck Rian.

if you're playing edward 40 handz then yeah

shame Isaac is like the most talented person in the cast and given nothing to do, then is there just to be the male placeholder in some meta feminism narrative. Though i guess to be fair towards the end it seems like at least Leia was grooming him for command

Isaac is the only bro-tier actor out of all of the actors of the new characters. I feel like he's the type of guy who'd secretly shitpost on this board about how shit Mouse Wars really is.

>("Because it's the right thing to do!")

you have to be trolling

He actually says it in the movie (well, maybe not those exact words because I don't remember his exact words, but something almost like that).

It was a set up for a joke. Poe says right after

"...you need a pilot."

Then Finn says

"I need a pilot"

bruh, works everytime

Isacc is that you, you sly dog. tell us how daisy smells