Would Yea Forums watch a self-aware fantasy tv series?

Would Yea Forums watch a self-aware fantasy tv series?

Attached: 1532752006000.jpg (1600x960, 429K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charybdis
youtube.com/watch?v=FJIaTBB72CM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nope. Because it would be just faux intellectual self referential shit tier humor that has already been chewed through into flavorless mush.

Isn't that ASOIAF? It acknowledges all the common fantasy tropes, pokes fun at them, then goes ahead and apes them anyway because it turns out they're tropes for a reason.

I rather someone just have fun with a stupid clicle story than trying to be funny with self awareness, at the end is just cringe
the retards that like the later are the ones that like the
>hurr what if mario consumed mushrooms
videos and masturbates to those "everything wrong" or "how it should have ended" videos

This is Mandela effect, this is just LOTR and nothing else. Maybe a bit of Skyrim. Name anything else this relates to, go ahead fag

Maelstorm is Warcraft, Wall is in GoT and another fantasy novel I'm pretty sure.

1) place names aren't condescending enough.
2) the geography isn't neatly organized around the travel route of the protagonists. everything should be in a big line based on what the author thought of.

>supposed to be cliches
>half the names are literally straight from lotr
Yeah guys haha what's up with every fantasy book having a place called The Shire

>Elves have Niggorcs as neighbors
what did they mean by this?

Rape. And elforcs.

Who came up with the maelstrom originally? Thought that was just from warcraft.

This is just LoTR and ASoIF

That strange moonlit country our forefathers called "camp" has all but disappeared.
Knowing today's atmosphere, a show like this would honestly have very little worth.
Most viewers would misunderstand its premise, expecting the cliches to be serious and be virulently angry about copyright infringement at the same time.
The scant few that understood its purpose would be too pedantic to laugh, rendering its triumphs and supposed failures in 3-hour videos, cross-referencing the obvious on Jewtube.

A terrible affair all around.

Attached: kanye.gif (263x324, 3.87M)

>Not a single name ending with -ndor
Pleb tier
And Wheel of Time, and Krondor, and Sword of Ayn Rand, and...

An user once said that the reason movies today have to cultural impact and are forgotten within years is because they never take themselves seriously and are far too cynical, the audience therefore have no emotional connection and are apathetic. the last movies to play it straight was probably the lord of the rings trilogy

yes, i wouldn't care, i fucking love fantasy locations

probably not im tired as fuck of the whole self awareness trend plaguing capeshits and such these days, i dont really trust itd be done right
if it was done like black dynamite, italian spiderman or garth marenghis darkplace, where there is clear self awareness but still genuinity and love for the things being parodied and being self aware about, yes

no because we have enough le ironic satire horseshit

>world scar
Is that a reference to Tad Williams' first book Elantris or did he steal that?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charybdis

>Maybe a bit of Skyrim.
Whis is LotR too

Attached: rZKgk.jpg (1440x1200, 192K)

Good Rincewind movie when? Could be any book.

Attached: 1f02b45c22560f586a97f6317df0b6c1.jpg (522x800, 234K)

They look barely anything alike except they are both on a hill. What next, Edinburgh castle copied Skyrim?

Attached: edinburgh-castle-and-houses-against-cloudy-sky-550777301-5c38e8cc46e0fb0001645155[1].jpg (2048x1365, 702K)

>Pratchett died in our lifetime

Attached: 1553861937389.jpg (350x350, 58K)

That image is clearly a Warcraft joke.
>Maelstrom
>giant wall with hole in it/Arathi or Gilneas
>Dragon's Lair/Deathwing's Lair in Outlands
>Dark Tower/Kara
>Dark Forest/Duskwood
>Blackwater/Blackwater Pirates
>Forgehold/Ironforge
>Badlands/Badlands
>Old Town/Old Town in SW
>World's Scar/Sargeras' blade or Deathwing's scar
>Rajashi/Org
>Storm Bay/Bay of Storms
>Northern Shire/Northridge Abbey
Etc

>What is Krod Mandoon.

There already was one

Attached: rincewind is confused.jpg (230x200, 16K)

game of thrones comes from lord of the rings
warhammer comes from lord of the rings
warcraft comes from warhammer
lord of the rings comes from european mythology

its all the fucking same, you are all blind scientists touching an elephant at different spots, you fucking morons

Why is he so fucking old

Are we talking self aware like Discworld, or self aware like Iron Druid?
Because I'd watch the first, but the second would drive me to drink bleach and jump off a cliff for good measure

Cohen the barbarian make do for now?

youtube.com/watch?v=FJIaTBB72CM

>And Wheel of Time, and Krondor, and Sword of Ayn Rand, and...
Really?
Post maps and point out the similarities

I once watched a fantasy series called Legends of the Seeker, I haven't watched tv since

Last Hero pls

Eragon

Yes.

Attached: 3525994.jpg (665x375, 71K)

looks like warhammer total war map

Have you not seen the book covers?

Attached: 51LkJ5pSAaL.jpg (321x500, 52K)

TV series of The Chronicles of Prydain when?

Attached: prydain5.png (905x1060, 2.39M)

can you imagine the butthurt cuck comments if this aired today.

>maybe a bit of skyrim
>skyrim instead of elder scrolls
low quality bait
you're a retarded nigger and should be hanged

>Pratchett verbal wit
>translating to visual medium

never and it's better that way

Imagine the obnoxious cunt that drew that map.

i love fantasy, it's so comfy bros

The Frozen North Wastes sounds like a comfy and quite place to be in for me.

Attached: D0lUtkpUcAAqKGo.jpg (1296x1341, 101K)

>tfw you'll never be a ranger travelling the wilds

Give me a CGI or live-action film based on the Redwall novels pls.

Attached: redwall-1.webm (960x540, 2.82M)

But user, it's too cold. You'll free your balls off

That'd be really cool. Wearing Ranger equipment with fur and all that.

That's what that Disenchantment cartoon is trying to do. With very little success

Discworld?

>City Watch series had it's once every 3 years "it's still happening" update with no mention since

I want to believe it could still happen.

The colour of Magic was oddly terrible.

It's a shame as The Hogfather was decent and Going Postal was genuinely great.

The covers are amazing but they get a bunch of things objectively wrong. Two Flower having 4 actual eyes instead of glasses and the trolls being two notable.

Rincewind is supposed to be a student.

Yeah, and I nominate In Other Lands for the tv-adaptation.

Attached: tumblr_oxfgqw5J5M1qjas7jo1_1280.png (1100x757, 1.39M)

Attached: the black cauldron princess eilonwy.webm (1920x800, 2.99M)

No, that sounds like the most Reddit cringe possible.

Fuck you, it's barely been a decade. fuck off back to your containment board.

>Rincewind is supposed to be a student.
Yes. A perpetual student; He never manages to graduate, due to the 7th+1 spell being stuck in his head, so he's been around for quite some time.

God damn Glen Keane is talented.

Princess Eilonwy a cute.

fugg i love terry pröötsed movies.
books are also fine.

Attached: kääk.jpg (400x400, 22K)

literally every OC D&D campaign setting

I did, and it was shit

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x1067, 313K)

Not gonna lie,i would love to explore this map.

> conveniently forgetting thousands of not well- known games and novels in dozens of languages

Wheel of time

Badlands = The Wastes
Northernshire = Two Rivers
LionGuard = Andor
Rajashi = Arad Doman
Dark Tower = Black Tower
Mount Death = Dragon Mount or Shayol Ghul
Dark Forest = Dark Forest? (can't remember if it's ever named)
Gothmore = The Blight

This. I don't even understand how people can forget Redwall in the age of dark fantasy circlejerk.

I feel that kind of deliberately cliche-filled, derivative world works best in games, where there's a kind of pleasure in just exploring and living out familiar tropes - like most fantasy character classes.
If a movie or series does it, then going the self-aware route is probably the worst decision possible. It'd be better off taking the cliches seriously and just focusing on telling a good, if unoriginal, story.

No because those shows inevitably pat themselves on the back for recognising cliches, and therefore don't worry about actually making good use of the subversion or awareness.

If it was a bizarre comedy where the protagonist learns to usesl the world's logic against itself or something then it might be fun, but I don't think it would ever be executed well

It's kinda annoying in books when it feels like a world created from someone's mind rather than something real.

Worlds with too many overly descriptive names for landmarks that wouldn't come about naturally, vast areas of land given simple names such as "the badlands" or "the plains" when even the shittiest place to live would be divided into countries and regions.

Depends on the book's tone. If it's going for a very abstract, minimalist, or surreal atmosphere, I could see that kind of thing being effective.