Why did they show a image of Rey with this quote?

Why did they show a image of Rey with this quote?

Attached: 12042019151903.jpg (1920x2160, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sYkHD9y8EqI
youtube.com/watch?v=KsyYuFv5ltc
youtube.com/watch?v=7lPtU55x-mI
youtube.com/watch?v=Gx0txqVRLNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GZSnB7yGylc
youtu.be/8J4Tg_NfvsQ?t=73
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek_comedy
youtu.be/l08Qzz4j-I0?t=3038
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

she looks like a doll head.

Trying to push the idea that Nu Wars has had the same impact on the current generation as the OT did back in its day

They still have to perpetuate the narrative that she's heroic even though she's done basically nothing.

in my school when i was 7 or so someone said the word legend meant a person that has "bum sex"

youtube.com/watch?v=sYkHD9y8EqI

Same BS different year.

Attached: 993D6395-9320-43DA-9840-B8DD5B7CC8C6.jpg (1242x548, 61K)

Anakin was far better than Rey though. At least he had character flaws and an arc.

Wait.
She actually did do nothing in the first 2. Every single major plot event was done with other characters.
Wtf?
How did this shit fly?

She did a Jedi mind trick as an amateur and also beat Kylo Ren in a duel, but the second movie she lifted rocks

Eh, she beat Kylo, though he's a loser so it doesn't really matter.

>implying Nu Wars could ever have this much soul

Attached: posterkino.jpg (636x940, 85K)

You are called sexist if you critique the nu female characters

Nothing came of that victory tho.
It just happened

Yeah. Rey sucks.

Writing a female character in 2016+ is basically asking for someone to get offended. It's easier to make them do nothing
If she had an actual character arc then that would mean she had to grow as a person, which means she wasn't a perfect person from the start which is sexist.

Attached: S.png (1920x2160, 1.36M)

Post your generations legend.

Attached: 0cm3e0ry6j101.jpg (590x393, 31K)

>Trying to push the idea that Nu Wars has had the same impact on the current generation as the OT did back in its day
Imagine how delusional the people at Disney might be to even think that.

Ah yes, the legend of Ma-Rey Sue.

Ebic

Will Smith is the legend?? Where is will smith??

Because she's the main character in the new trilogy, you fucking retard, it's not that hard.

People honestly don't give the prequels enough credit in following the OT imo

The original Star Wars was a cultural monolith the likes of which we might never see again. For the Prequels, flawed as they might be, to follow it and become EVERY BIT as iconic is nothing short of miraculous.

Characters like Maul, Windu, Grievous, Qui Gon and such have become just as beloved and held alongside the classics with practically no resistance. McGregor's Obi Wan has pretty much become the 'definitive' version. Even people who don't like the movies never try to argue that they're illegitimate or somehow not 'canon'.

The irony is that despite doing everything they could to ape the OT, Disney's movies still don't mesh into the universe as well as the prequels did, despite them going in a completely different direction for the design and soundtrack.
The more they try to force that 'Star Wars-y' feel to the movies, the less they actually feel like Star Wars.

What happened to her, is she sick?

>The irony is that despite doing everything they could to ape the OT, Disney's movies still don't mesh into the universe as well as the prequels did, despite them going in a completely different direction for the design and soundtrack.
The more they try to force that 'Star Wars-y' feel to the movies, the less they actually feel like Star Wars.

Well said. Have a (You) fren.

I just want to know who her fucking parents are. Someone just tell me so I do not have to go see the movie.

The only thing Disney has done that actually feels like Star Wars and fits in with the rest is Rogue One. Otherwise you are correct. The Prequels were never as good as the OT, but you can be damn certain they still fit and feel genuinely, uniquely Star Wars even when they are dumb and shitting the bed. The sequel trilogy feels like some terrible Doctor Who shit masquerading as a particular nostalgia blinded vision of Star Wars, particularly just the cantina scene, by people who apparently only loved the idea of Star Wars and not the reality of it. Why are none of the new alien designs good or even remotely in the same vein as Star Wars? Why are there no classic Star Wars aliens to be seen anywhere except for the handful of cameos of old characters like Ackbar and Nien Numb?

I completely agree with you.

She is a luke clone made from his hand

They made her out of his salvaged cum sock

P O E T R Y
O
E
T
R
Y

Yep the prequels I would argue have much more world building and lore than the originals

Rogue One felt star warzy.

This. Anakin had an impressive arc and he Reeked of forever lost untouched potential.

Rey has faced a lot of adversity

its kylo

>No, I am your father

Attached: lando.png (325x450, 241K)

>whiny loser who murdered his own father, killed people, and was party to the destruction of several planets
>the hero of a generation

Yeah, that sounds retarded enough to be true.

Baseed and feedpilled.

>Every generation has a legend

but not this one lol

Attached: crying zoomer.png (434x327, 37K)

>What happened to her, is she sick?
Hard drugs

You know, this user is completely right. How the fuck did George do it?

She is starting to look like shit

She does a lot of cocaine. Did you noy see her picking the shit out of her nose yesterday?

like so much in the PT, you can really see what Lucas was going for by casting a "cute" kid as young Vader. it didn't work, because the kid was annoying and George can't write actual scripts, but you can see that he was going for CONTRAST and that it COULD have worked.

I don't blame her if she's snorting 5x Carrie Fisher's intake a day. Between her dream of movie stardom turning sour and the infertility, she's probably very depressed.

>Why are none of the new alien designs good or even remotely in the same vein as Star Wars?

Pre-production was literally run by retards.

Attached: The Art of The Force Awakens p020.jpg (564x146, 56K)

Desperate attempt at giving the character legitimacy. Giving her the lightsaber and the Falcon didn't work.

tech people in Hollywood spout can-do pablum constantly to avoid giving anyone a reason to fire them.

if anyone ever says anything critical they say it VERY VERY carefully and with completely impartial wording.

that's part of the reason why everyone in the biz hates guys like David Finchner and James Cameron: they ignore all the rules everyone else is stuck with and get away with it.

>literally callbacking the intro of the first nuwars with rey instead of finn
imagine the amount of arrogance required to do such a thing

It's hardly just a lack of OT aliens that's the problem, even comparing their OC aliens the prequels are miles ahead.

Attached: aliens.jpg (1721x1739, 422K)

Attached: legend of the dog faced woman.jpg (466x700, 109K)

And that is why, kids, you ignore the film industry and make your career in the video game industry.

equally flat

Is this them indirectly admitting they think people will just eat up the movies regardless of quality because their Star Wars?

>Bowl cut
Now the helmet makes sense.

This is just some dipshit landing a cozy gig of co-production manager where he walks around ILM offices thinking out loud "who is Luke Skywalker" and getting a paycheck for it.

Attached: gremlins 2.jpg (3066x3066, 2.68M)

>Why did they show an image of Rey waiting for Kylo, the real legend?

FTFY

Holy kek is this real?

Yep. Art of TFA book. They canned the Making of book cause it would without a doubt be filled with this shit.

>Drugged security, got away with it.
Feels good, chemist is a ton of fun.

Please tell me that's fake.

Threadly reminder that Luke is talking to Kylo and the title refers to him as well.

It's fucking hilarious that they're gonna do some kind of redemption arc for the guy that killed Han Solo and 90% of the Resistance while just standing by when 5 planets were pulverized and was foaming at the mouth while trying to kill Luke's hologram. Are they all just gonna hug it out at the end of the movie like they did on Endor in ROTJ? How the fuck is this gonna work?

Based and sneedpilled

the fuck

Attached: 4yearsDaisy.jpg (3352x5285, 1.06M)

top is a shooped promo shoot
She was always ugly

Attached: rey.jpg (1500x844, 524K)

soul
vs
soulless

I'm sorry George..

Kylo is the best character, he should be the main character stay mad.

The ttile refers to Kylo and that's who Luke is talking to.

They even have a few notes of Kylo's theme playing when the title is revealed.

>get told you're fat
>I'LL SHOW THEM I WON'T EAT AT ALL
disgusting skeleton supposed to fight 6'2" sculpted god
okay

Her eyes look dead now

He's 6'3" and they're going to fuck each other not fight.

Attached: trainingthewaifu.jpg (2384x416, 281K)

>have sex literally redeems the incel

That's actually part of the reason Anakin had a mullet in EpIII; Lucas wanted it so his silhouette would evoke Vader.

Adam Driver broke heart heart after screwing her (allegedly) and she's been doing coke and having the industry suck the soul out of her. We might be looking at Carrie Fisher 2.0

I'm actually really upset because I just stumbled across a half-made bingo I did for the ep9 trailer like 2 months ago and pretty much every square is spot on. FFs why couldn't I finish it?

Zoomers forget about the old, believe in the new !

The kid isn't even that annoying. I watched it again recently and it was just like any other 90s movie with a kid in it.

THIS

Carrie Fisher was based as fuck though. Even though she wasn't in much past Star Wars everyone in the industry knew and loved her.
Daisy doesn't have the charisma or looks to get by on or off screen.

rofl

Not sure why the legend would be Rey she hasn't done anything to deserve that title

Post it anyway for shits

>6'3" elite Chad
>incel

More like volcel if you want to go there.

>it was just like any other 90s movie with a kid in it

you mean fucking corny as hell? Lloyd's performance is distractingly dumb. im not gonna shit all over him for it because he was like eight and had to act to a bunch of greenscreen nonsense with emotionless Lucas directing him, but Lloyd is bad.

Young Anakin is still an interesting character a lot of the time, but Lucas was trying WAY too hard with his dialogue and the kid couldnt sell it. too bad imo. Christensen was a much better piece of casting. People pan his performance but I don't know why. He comes across as a creep and complete fucking psycho about to snap, which is exactly what the character is.

It's really obvious by Luke's tone of voice too. That isn't the type of tone he would take with Rey.

It's not perfect, but I think it's pretty fucking well done for essentially a shitpost I never followed through with

Attached: half made trailer bingo.jpg (1339x1038, 110K)

We need to make some for the movie

The legendary terrible character that was shoved on our faces because of the organs she was born with

She proved to him that it doesn't matter if you were trained under Luke Skywalker, son of the chosen one, or Snoke, a being powerful enough to link minds with the force between systems and not die (apparently making him more powerful than Luke), you can still get cut down by a malnourished scavenger girl who turned a lightsaber on for the first time moments ago.

friendly reminder PT is the best trilogy and no amount of nostalgiafagging can refute this

>“The epic conclusion” / “The conclusion to the epic saga"
Fucking spot on, nice

>everyone is gonna forget all about Hyperspeed ramming by the time Ep9 comes out
Reminder that no Star Wars movie can ever have stakes or a coherent plot again thanks to Rian

Because she's a "legend" in the same way as Korra, aka a legendary fuckup with good press.

I don't think there's a character in media I want to hatefuck more than Korra
Completely irredeemable cunt that gets away with everything but GOD do I want to fuck her

Come to think of it, Legend of Korra and Nu-Wars have overwhelmingly similar problems. It's like Bryke and KK are reading from the same 'How To Kill A Series' handbook.

>Literally painting over Ralph Maquaries pre-production art from Empire Strkes Back, to 'see if it could be something'
It's important to note that a lot of the artists from the prequels work on NuWars, but when their hack director tells them to 'make vader again. but not' or 'just paint the tie fighters black', pr to create some retarded idea Kathleen Kennedy got while browsing reddit on her coffee break, their talent is completely wasted.

I think there's room in our cinema to let go of this stuff, to stop using subtext and innuendo, and to speak frankly about black male superiority. Their testosterone, their huge cocks, their alpha demeanor. All this must be explored in the open, and I think that will release a lot of the pressure that's been building in society, where weak and soft white men are forced to live alongside them.

I think we're working toward a cinema where black male sexual superiority is acknowledged. I look for JJ Abrams to make progress in this area.

What did JJ mean by this?

Attached: rey 2.png (1920x2160, 834K)

No

Sure, let's start a list
>The only plot point that carries over from tlj is Luke being dead
>Lando acts nothing like he did in the OT
>Rey is somehow not strong enough to beat Kylo without going through training/trials first, despite beating him twice before
>Poe and Finn go on a completely pointless sidequest for the duration of the film (that also turns out to be the only part of the film that isn't fucking awful)
>Leia hugs Chewie at a really awkward point with very obvious cgi

Even if that's the case, did proving that to him actually DO anything? I mean, it seems he was going to throw a tantrum one way or another anyway.

go to the premiere and yell "What about hyperpseed ramming" multiple times during ship battles.

yeah Daisy is fucked long term

Legend of the Chuck-faced Sneed

there half brother and half sister, han cheated on leia and its why they broke up.

Yeah, Lucas was really micro-managing them until he got the desired result, JJ signed off on Rey's AT-AT apartment on the first sketch he saw. But, they should share some of the blame. If when hitting an obstacle every time the best they can do is rip off McQuarrie, well fuck them. McQuarrie didn't have no safety net. At least not an obvious one
It's like that Eddie Murphy bit about white people dancing
youtube.com/watch?v=KsyYuFv5ltc
>Lets' stick with this

Attached: ralph mcquarrie dick sucking festival.jpg (853x836, 201K)

>nobody acknowedges the Hyperspeed Ram
>Lando does nothing and dies
>Sheev never actually appears besides maybe a Hologram
>suddenly OT/PT aliens are everywhere despite not existing in the Nu Trilogy so far
>Anakin appears
>Rey gets a unique coloured Lightsabre (Luke's green one wasn't revealed in any of the RotJ promo material either iirc)
>Rey's parents aren't nobodies after all
>Force Ghost Luke doesn't use any Force powers despite Yoda doing it last movie. Again nobody will ask him about this or acknowledge it at all
>Articles leading up to the movie will insist that Skywalkers Rise Up will 'right all wrongs' and 'heal the divide in the fanbase' after TLJ despite spending the last 2 years telling us there were literally no problems with the movie
>movie makes barely $1B and Jumanji kills the box office

that doesnt look like a tie silencer! its a new first order interceptor

Attached: lucasfilm job requirements.jpg (976x1690, 1.63M)

Frankly, the actual Phantom Menace scene sucks ass visually compared to that concept art

Why is it called Rise of Skywalker if Skywalker is dead?

Luke was an incel. The title is actually a sexist dogwhistle for Incels to Rise Up

Pretty sad we're at the point of actually praising Anakin at this point.

Leia, you misogynistic shitlord

At least they're making an effort to tie the entire saga together with the final film. Not only bringing back Sheev, but Luke's "we've taught you all we know" line suggests we'll see the other Jedi masters again, not only Yoda but maybe Anakin, Obi Wan and Qui Gon.

But Anakin is fucking great?

Fucking awful. Though I wonder if the artists do this now from mild contempt from their new masters. A lot of them were close to George in a similar way to Filoni. They must have known he would never have approved this low-effort, rehashed direction.

>lightsaber duel
There's only been one of those in all the new films so far

I know. I thought they'd tease one in the trailer as a way of "proving" that this was a course-correction

Incredibly high IQ post

Vader/Anakin had the same redemption arc not like it would be that far out of left field

>"we've taught you all we know"
This, after the force was retconed in the sequel trilogy to be something that 'rises' automatically in a random person, without the requirement of training, as a counterbalance to a rise the dark side.

She's dead too.

Looks like Michael Jackson

Attached: 1462518868635.gif (288x288, 21K)

Leia Organa?

Carrie Fisher is dead. Leia Skywalker is alive and kicking (butt)(cause she's a badass muthafucka)

Did they recast her? Or did they title the movie and make the plot around a character that won't appear?

>they don't realise Maz is actually a Skywalker

>I look for JJ Abrams to make progress in this area
>Makes Finn a cucked minstrel show

Gotta disagree. Not one single thing from the prequels achieved cultural saturation like the OT did.
-Luke, I am your father
-Do or do not, there is no try
-Death Star trench run
-wretched hive of scum and villainy
-may the force be with you
The OT isn't perfect but prequel apologists really overestimate how much normies absorbed from them. Most of the memorable prequel stuff is unfortunate/unintentional. (I hate sand, noooo, high ground, podracing, etc etc)

No. The prequel trilogy has only just been redeemed now the audience has seen just how much worse things without Lucas are.

>meme quotes are the only mark of cultural impact

>retard doesn't know what cgi and unused footage is
Typical

become gay for the glory of the clown world

based

>Luke, I am your father
The line is "No, I am your father". How do you not know this?
Also, the prequel soundtrack is just as iconic as the original trilogy soundtrack. Don't believe me? Go youtube that shit now

>THIS is a 10/10 Aryan specimen according to white people

This reads as so prescient it is spooky.
Capped.

well, but it is the trailer for the 1st prequel movie, not 3rd as the disney trailer

>cultural sensation
>gets the quote wrong

Some people believe If you repeat a lie enough time it will come true.

Kylo is the Skywalker. Some notes of his theme even play when the title is revealed.

After it says "every generation has a legend" the next scene is Kylo.

These are very obvious and basic hints I can't believe how retarded the GA is sometimes.

They didn't. They showed that quote then right after it's a scene of Kylo.

Meme quotes are about it, sadly. What else is there? You think kids today would recognize Watto or Sebulba? Mine know who Jabba and Boba Fett are.

Gave the standard misquote. No one ever says "beam me up, Scotty" either.
And the prequel soundtrack is great but even duel of the fates is nowhere close to the title crawl or imperal march, not by a mile.

>jar-jar speak

>duel of the fates is nowhere close to the title crawl or imperal march, not by a mile.
The absolute state of this poster

Yeah, they 'look' like Star Wars, but feel nothing like them. It's almost like they're hollow corporate cash grabs, where the creators have the malice to attack fans on Twitter for pointing out their glaring shortcomings.

Jesus christ PT fags are delusional

BTW pobably the most enduring prequel character is Ahsoka Tano because little girls like their spunky self-insert.
I like Ewan but he just played the same character he always does & had no chemistry with Hayden. Jackson & Neeson were horribly underutilized & forgettable. Maul & Grevious were valiant attempts to recapture the Vader magic but didn't quite pull it off.

CORN ON
THE COB
CORN ON
THE KABOB

Its a neat song m8 but not very Star Wars-y & I promise you most zoomers couldn't identify it.

Reys heroic accomplishments
>Helped out BB-8
>flew the Millenium Falcon
>boipussed the compressor
>beat up Kylo Ren
>fought with Snoke's incompotent tomato soup can guards
>flew the Millenium Falcon (again)
>lifted rocks
She is an amazingly inert character to be a hero, you basically have her doing something that matters every 45 minutes.

>unfortunate

>Luke, I am your father
the actual quote is
>No, I am your father.
youtube.com/watch?v=7lPtU55x-mI

>Luke, I am your father
what the FUCK
I must from a different timeline

The prequels unironically effected at least two generations of children though. Kids today are too absorbed in fortnite and jewtube to give a shit about Star Wars. They only have balding nu males left to care like Star Trek.

Jesus you picky fucks, its the standard misquote. See

>Maul & Grevious were valiant attempts to recapture the Vader magic but didn't quite pull it off.
Nigger Maul is a fan-favourite on par with Vader and he didn't even have to open his mouth

At least she's back to being fit and in shape again. She was a fatso in Last Jedi.

Is it because Solo isn't a real last name?

OHNONONONONONO

Attached: 1552531003100.jpg (1440x1529, 100K)

OT = Iliad

Prequels = Odyssey

Sequels = Aeneid (AKA fan fiction made up by some retard)

>'let the past die, kill it if you have to'
>b-b-b-b-b-but Kylo is the BAD guy obviously they don't mean it loool
>'Skywalkers Rise Up!'
>b-b-but Kylo is the main character it's obviously about him!

>On par
No
Not even in the modern SW fandom. See: their respective treatments in, say, Rebels.
In pop culture impact? Not even on the same tierlist.
And I LIKE Darth Maul and consider him one of the prequels' high points.

Honestly, it's too late to walk back Rey's Mary Sueness. Any attempt to do so just won't make sense.

Star Wars is in the hands of "whovians" amd people who love young adult novel movie adaptations.

fucking hell they just spout nonsense while sprinkling in Star Wars words as if it makes everything star wars all of a sudden.

but Anakin was basically a virgin autist with awful social skills. his weirdness makes sense in the context of the movies.

Maybe that's what it sounds like, but bouncing back and forth like that is awful, and maybe they say that they were teaching her, but it remains to be seen if that's how it actually plays out, since so far, nobody has taught jack shit.

Attached: saber suicide.jpg (659x529, 58K)

It doesn't matter what his last name is, he still has Skywalker blood and is the heir.

Darth Maul

>You think kids today would recognize Watto
Yes

That's because Star Wars is now a typical young adult novel movie adaptation, similar to The Hunger Games and Twilight, which drew heavily from one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1543507900008.jpg (1565x2823, 558K)

low effort

Maybe this. Maybe.

Watto is Maz-tier, fuck that guy.

she's tells the story of Luke Skywalker. She is the bearer of his legend.

Also they used that tagline for Episode 1 as well.

soulless vs soul

Attached: 1523222197453.webm (1280x720, 1.91M)

Why does Kylo let Hux live after the Raddus jumped into the supremacy and destroyed all the destroyers behind it?
youtube.com/watch?v=Gx0txqVRLNQ

Attached: 1543429215074.jpg (500x500, 75K)

God damn how did they fuck this trilogy up bad? It was mostly episode 8 that did it too. Killing a franchise in one fell swoop.

All the st aliens look like peckers

>If she had an actual character arc then that would mean she had to grow as a person, which means she wasn't a perfect person from the start which is sexist.
This.

Every generation has a legend...

Attached: porky gang.jpg (440x242, 20K)

Rogue One is the least Star Wars movie of them all. If you edit out the last third it's pretty much a random scifi alien movie.

JUST

Attached: 1539390572565.jpg (691x432, 25K)

>who is xxxtentacion

Attached: str8 zoomin'.gif (931x682, 426K)

kek based

I'M ACTING
GIVE ME AN OSCAR

Attached: 15551036136504.jpg (1990x4598, 1.96M)

well said

The prequels are literally the most quotable movies in history of cinema. There's no contest here, delusional boomer.

I remember when I first saw this image I thought it was a kid Luke movie. Blew my mind when I realized it was gonna he about Anakin.

youtube.com/watch?v=GZSnB7yGylc
Kid in the jacket would have been good.

youtu.be/8J4Tg_NfvsQ?t=73

Attached: 1546271812986.png (1456x612, 1.19M)

they care more about diversity of the humans than of the aliens. sad

Ok, this is epic.

...oops?

>"Hey Plovik, yer mum ever tell you the legend of the great mary sue?"
>Nah Bin-Ku, what's it about?
>"Well, they say that there was once a female Jedi who mastered the force in under a week, and was like, the greatest force user to ever exist! Plus she also bypassed all the converters!"

this 100%
they can't have flaws, thats sexist. And if they have no flaws, there is nothing to grow from.
Men can be dumb, incompetent buffoons and nobody cares

Am I the only one that never gave a shit about him being lukes father
like ok, great
literally soap opera plot built to tug at middle age housewife heartstrings, such a soppy moment! big tear-up! yawn

but the prequels got closer than the sequels ever did. that was his point.

She's a legendarily lame character

at least the prequels had memorable stuff. the sequels are completely forgettable.

This

>1984
>higher than Brave New World

Attached: hnzeUZW.gif (323x221, 208K)

Sneeded and Chuckpilled

Attached: 1555198913233.webm (640x334, 760K)

Fuck, looking at that concept art for Anakin it's so obvious that he should have had a "haunted" look to him. Jake Lloyd was horribly miscasted

The shitty freeze at the beginning just makes it funnier.

NuWars was the best thing that could have happened to the prequels
Because as bad as the prequels are at least they aren't nuWars

Yeah he's way too fresh faced. That kid looks more like T2 John Connor.

Disney will bring destruction to cinema and tv if they continue like this

Luke’s lighsaber was in the promos, but it was blue. They made it green later to make it unique and to stand out against the sky background ms

absolutely full of soul

Attached: Roman+Theatre.jpg (960x720, 196K)

Attached: Theatre.jpg (960x720, 211K)

Attached: 02.jpg (320x400, 35K)

The thing is though, that's SOMETHING. The sequels have nothing memorable about them aside from le "subverting expectations".

Attached: rey.jpg (640x492, 43K)

He was an improvement over the crappy EU character he replaced, but the way he's been handled in the movies was lame.

You're supposed to identify with Luke in finding out his father is a mass murdering psycopath and can verify the truth in vaders words with the force instead of a dna test.

Attached: 1554648438348.gif (927x888, 720K)

>no jedi academy prequel show where Adam tells Jacen tier jokes and the other students bully him for being a cheeky cunt

Attached: 160111_2966602_SNL_Host_Adam_Driver_and_Kate_McKinnon_Grab_.jpg (1920x1080, 504K)

Lucas is unironically a genius

Attached: FIX IT JJ.png (420x560, 253K)

>roman

no swettie

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek_comedy

Because it's what Disney has been trying desperately to push for like half a decade now. Their propaganda may as well just come out and say "we need a new generation of customers to not die" at this point.

Holy shit how deluded do you manbabys have to be to believe this shit. Prequels were absolutely horrific and rightly shit on. They were greedy cash grabs, the absolute definition of soulless

Because watch our movie you incels and give us money

I hope you are chopped into pieces while you are still living

Nice try Iger

Not just Kylo's theme, Kylo's theme in a more triumphant, heroic sounding key.

Fucking Disney..

Fuck off RLM

The prequels were shit years before your boogieman even existed zoomer

youtu.be/l08Qzz4j-I0?t=3038

Who watches this garbage?

Attached: the rise of trash.webm (640x360, 1.64M)

unironic kino

Holy fucking shit dude. I mean I knew it was bad just from seeing the movies and hearing the idiocy coming from Disney, but GOD DAMN.

Imagine the hype if that ship instead was the second new spaceship design of the trilogy (after Rian's bombers) instead of a recolored Interceptor.

>*HUFF* *HUFF* *HUFF* *HUFF* *HUFF*

Attached: reyning.png (704x675, 237K)

recolored silencer?

i clapped for the cgi

Um, the sequels don't look that good, user.

>Will Smith is the legend?? Where is will smith??
He's in the movie. The were going to call it Will of the Force, but didn't want to spoil his surprise cameo.
But he's definitely in it.

I love how everyone has gone completely past rage to just laughing at how ridiculous this fucking world has become, but this is fine, everything is fine. Just everyone listen to Steven Pinker and close your eyes and go to sleep.

Personally I feel Disney fucked up the cinematography hard. If you watch the OT and Prequels enough, you can really almost "feel" that's it's a Star Wars directed by George, the angles, etc. It sjust doesn't feel right the way Disney's done it.

What's funnier is how they basically all shat on Lucas, even though his film's are objectively better.

Phantom Menace is possibly the best episode if A New Hope isn't. Only absolute plebs ever hated the prequels so they can look good and their own minds to other people by hating something popular. Literally Yea Forums syndrome before Yea Forums existed.

Attack of the Clones > Revenge of the Sith > The Phantom Menace

Still true

>The original Star Wars was a cultural monolith the likes of which we might never see again

Pokemon. Harry Potter.

Give it a decade or two and the next titan IP will appear.

What was the last really gigantic IP to emerge?

>YOU WE'RE THE CHOSEN ONE! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO TAKE DOWN THE SITH NOT JOIN THEM...
This was more memorable than anything in the OT
Nothing iin the ST is memorable tho

Attached: xmpgh7k7e0r01.jpg (579x426, 33K)

>Pokemon. Harry Potter.
Everyone grew out of Pokemon though, it's way past its prime.
And you're kidding yourself if you think Harry Potter was anything close to SW

Harry Potter. Everything which followed have been small imitations of its gargantuan success. JK Rowling has a knack for pissing off her fans, though. With the new movies she's now currently in her hated prequel phase.

Pokemon is still the highest-grossing media franchise ever.

Pokemon is the largest IP on planet Earth, moron. It makes more money than Star Wars. Harry Potter has a dedicated world in Universal Studios and rakes in metric fucktons of cash. The reason Star Wars is currently being discussed is because of Disney purchasing and pushing it. It, too, is "past its prime." They all are. They're also current titans of money printing machines.

No user, there will never be another titan. Harry Potter was shit for low IQ twats. There may be popular shit like that again, but there will never be anything good again.

>Harry Potter was shit for low IQ twats

As is Star Wars. Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, and early Pokemon while under the helm of that one writer who directed the first two seasons have some claim to intelligence. Star Wars and Harry Potter are equally dimwitted escapism. It doesn't mean they both haven't produced entertaining content. So what's your point? Are you one of those lame faggots with a Star Wars tatoo?

Star Trek is middlebrow, not really lowbrow. It at least attempts more than just entertainment.

Based

No, sorry sweetie. It's not our fault that your generation has nothing. You're garbage. You were raised in garbage. You will produce nothing but garbage your entire life. You're garbage.

Based and prequelpilled

Lloyd is bad, he’s even awful in jingle all the way, even without, as you said, green screen and shit.

You write like an incensed 13 year old girl, and are one of those weird morons who attempts to lay mutual claim to the achievements of people far removed from you. Watching Star Wars doesn't entitle you to it. Nor does getting a tattoo of it. Faggot.

Is anything with wide demographic appeal considered "highbrow?" And what does that matter? All I pointed out were two additional "cultural monoliths," and now it's veered into a discussion of quality. We're talking scope, and Harry Potter and Pokemon easily meet, and in Pokemon's case surpass, Star Wars.

The worst part about the shitty Disney trilogy happening is that now we have retarded zoomers who unironically believe the prequels were anything but trash

Having Anakin be a creep and a psycho from the get-go was part of why people hated the character. There's no real fall involved, and having him be more noble and generally good and gradually falling into maybe a reluctant sort of evil and then fully embracing it would have been a better development.

>Is anything with wide demographic appeal considered "highbrow?"
Not really, and I never said anything was highbrow. I just wanted to make the distinction between Star Trek and the rest of the mass media franchises that you mentioned, as it's not really on their level of mass appeal or mindless entertainment value.

Exactly. Kylo will be the hero that redeems and concludes his familiy's legacy for good. He will take down Palps for corrupting his grandfather.

She makes the most constipated faces, not gonna lie.

Attached: 1555099443564.jpg (755x816, 126K)

THIS is pod racing

That good old Bioware magic

They were referring to Creepio

Attached: CYLJMVWW8AERoZb.jpg (1200x1160, 116K)

>and early Pokemon
Surely you jest

Attached: potery.jpg (659x659, 99K)

But he isn't a creep and psycho from the get-go, he becomes one. Lloyd's Anakin wasn't -- he was a kid who tried to bear up and do his best even when he was really troubled and suffering a lot. It's in the course of Christensen's performance that it is revealed to us how such a kid could possibly become a creep, a psycho, and ultimately truly evil man, and yet not an irredeemable one. It's in the way that he wasn't able to unburden himself of that trouble and suffering and no one around him would/could help him.

In his eyes, he IS noble and good throughout -- just as much when he saves the day at Naboo as when he slaughters children. "From my point of view the Jedi are evil". Nobody ever thinks they're committing their life to doing bad things, they believe they're in the right because they're incapable of getting outside themselves or understanding others' points of view. That's what Lucas was trying to convey with the character and that's how Christensen portrays Anakin/Vader.

>This was more memorable than anything in the OT

Attached: 1538358584425.jpg (641x529, 54K)