What was even the point of this character?

What was even the point of this character?

Attached: 1460555098746.jpg (1761x2942, 581K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fyIPvIjVMYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you asking what a Jobber is?

Subvert your expectations

Not even Disney knows

I really need an answer. He wasn't even given a backstory. He was just a random Sith who came out of nowhere. Weren't Palpatine and Vader supposed to be the last of the Sith???? WHO THE FUCK WAS SNOKE?

To die in a shot-for-shot remake of the Emperor's Throne Room in Episode 9 until Rian decided things need to be slightly different

Snoke and a pancake?

Attached: goldmember.jpg (1312x771, 84K)

If sheev is coming back in the next one, they'll make it so snoke has some connection to him.

Worthless piece of flesh that can't even rival Sheev's shoes magnificance

Sneed

He wasn't even a Sith. He was literally just some dude who was "powerful with the Dark Side of the Force" who came out of nowhere.

failed sheev clone who called himself snoke to hide his real identity

Someone had to be in charge of the new empire. Kylo needed to grow from a whiny kid to a someone with authority, so Snoke served his purpose to compliment Ren's character.

He was a representation of your expectations

His death was epic and one of the most memorable moments of the entire saga.
youtube.com/watch?v=fyIPvIjVMYo

How do you feel about Palpatine being alive after the events of Episode VI?

It's the perfect way to end a series of movies that should have ended 4 decades ago

A good story for another time.

Snoke Palpatine

Jesus fuck that choreography is awful. Just follow any one single guard. They make pointless moves, spinning and attacking at nothing, Daisy Ridley misses her cues like four times. Also, look at 3:20. They literally edit the knife out of the guy's left hand. It just disappears. Probably because they were editing the scene and realized "oh shit he could just stab her in the back, might as well just remove it and hope nobody notices!" It's amazing that a movie they put $200 million into still came out looking like shit.

Someone needs to update the virgin snoke/Chad emperor image.

Imagine getting cucked out of your own trilogy by the previous villain.

Yeah but now Disney will ruin Palps. You just know they will.

JJ is just going to play it as safe as he can this time like he did with TFA.

So a shot for shot remake of Episode VI but with a more diverse cast?

>Yeah but now Disney will ruin Palps.
So we're just going to pretend like the Prequels didn't happen now?

make a general thread stupid fags

The same point as Count Dooku, only far more poorly executed.

Doodoo was never presented as the trilogies villain like smoke was

So now the actual Emperor can die a shot-for-shot remake of RotJ? Thanks, Rian.

Either that, or him being in the movie is blatant lie, like they've done in every trailer for 7 and 8.

>le evil old white male villain
>Perfect!
>What do you mean Rian killed him in the second movie?!? This is a trilogy!!

user, heres how it will always be known going forward, JJ thought about bringing him back in VII.
Scrapped the idea for snoke, literally palp. 1.5 cause, no great back story, just bad guy controlling.
Rian Johnson with all creative freedom completely derailed that concept leaving a gaping hole for whoever directed next.
Then jj, what some would say lazily drew on the old ideas he had before, in a last min attempt to create a script for this movie..(IX)

I dont see how anyone could argue that's not what happened. Even tho Disney will probably publicly deny this forever

The only way they can salvage this trilogy is by making it a bad end for the heroes.

He was a Sheev Sleeve

Failed Sheev clone that lead the first order.

Which we all know for a fact won't happen. Can't have the woman and two minorities losing to the straight white fascist male oppressors

Did he get Sheev's memories implanted in his brain though?

He was force ghost sheev's apprentice, doing dark side stuff.

But Sheev can't be a force ghost since he never died

that is very obviously a Bong and a blintz

>Sheev in the death star throne room was a force projection
Based TLJ establishing this ability :)

I am still thankful that they spared me the generic villain backstory

Every part of the new teaser seems like a mystery that I really don't care about the resolution of anymore.

>Luke is talking saying no one's really gone
>Remains of Death Star II
>Sheev laughing
>Title is called Rise of Skywalker when the last Skywalker was killed off in the last movie

None of it makes any sense and I don't give a shit anymore. I'll wait for this board to tell me everything that happens.

Rian Johnson took such a big steaming shit all over this franchise that it is literally dead to me.

Fuck him. I will never watch or pay for anything in which he is involved.

A useful pawn to build the First Order, but otherwise irrelevant once Kylo joined him.

such a huge build-up for nothing.

i actually thought he was much more interesting than sheev

Attached: 1417205978905.jpg (627x719, 78K)

But Looper was kino

It's without a doubt one of the worst fight scenes in any of the main Star Wars films, if not the whole franchise.

Attached: ThisShitMakesNoFuckingSense.gif (456x181, 3.72M)

Same. If I see it at all, it'll be torrenting it months later.

>he just lets her arm go
I can't believe I missed that. Fuck me this is bad

>he was still a star wars fan before TLJ

>he just lets her arm go
>he
BASED JK Rowling post hoc changing Rey's gender to transgender

Selling Disney™ Star Wars™ bathrobes and slippers

the femtards & the s-oiboy story group think they can write whatever crap, and have it explained in the next movie or retconned. except if you watch the first movie, and 2nd you would have no clue where it's going still; explaining stuff out of your ass in the final movie doesn't work, because they really aren't connected with an overall arc.

>i actually thought he was much more interesting than sheev
You mean he had the potential to be more interesting? Because he definitely wasn't more interesting in actuality.

>"powerful with the Dark Side of the Force"
that infuriates me. with the destruction of the Sith, sure, maybe another dark side faction would eventually rise to power -- not an EU fag I'm pretty sure there are other dark side factions besides the Sith. that being said, what are the odds this super powerful dude just happens to be alive during the time of the Empire and the years directly following its collapse? Maybe in a couple 100 years I can see a guy like Snoke coming along, but the fact that he immediately succeeds Palpatine, supposedly the most powerful Sith of his era and arguably the Sith's Chosen One, is just irritating to me. Why didn't Palps sense him? Or, if Snoke is so powerful, why didn't he challenge Palps for the throne?

i thought he was super interesting from the get-go in episode 7

Attached: 1548400287853.jpg (1920x816, 1.05M)

Some failed clone possessed by Emperor's ghost.

I remember these threads where everyone thought it's this guy, actually would be still an option if Rian didn't decide to make him 30000000 feet tall.

Lazy way to fill in the gap between ROTJ and TFA
He made Luke his bitch for 30 years then got tossed like garbage for a gag