So now that the dust has settled, out of the new ones, this is the only one that classifies as KINO

So now that the dust has settled, out of the new ones, this is the only one that classifies as KINO.

Discuss

Attached: IMG_4881.jpg (3880x2838, 2.43M)

Rogue One was a good movie, but calling it kino is a bit much

The characters in it sucked. Space battle was ok.

You are correct. Though the trainwreck itself is quite KINO, meaning that RO is a failure for not sucking ass. Some people still try to associate it with the dumpster fire that is Disney Wars by shamelessly accusing it of all kinds of ills, but it's no use. It's a good movie, and it's ruined by not being a bad movie.

Well, this and Solo, right? My contrarian friend?

>*khe* *khe* d-director Krehnic...
nope

Its mostly fine. The robot was the only decent character though. Jynn Urso and Guy Incognito were black holes of charisma. They never did anything interesting with the pilot who was supposed to be turned crazy.

nah, Solo was fine, I enjoyed it but it's no kino my assuming friend

her butt is the only kino thing from this movie

>that boring piece of shit
>kino

THE STORY IS GARBAGE AND UNNECESSARY
THERE ARE NO CHARACTERS TO TALK ABOUT, FUCKING CARBOARD CUTOUTS HAVE MORE CHARACTER AND PERSONALITY THAN THE """CHARACTERS"" OF THIS MOVIE

YOU ARE AN EMBARRASSING, LONELY MANCHILD WHO LIKES SHIT LIKE RO BECAUSE IT PANDERS TO NOSTALGIAFAGS AND MANCHILDREN

It's been the only good one. Weird that Disney hated the directors.

I liked it. Yeah, it took me like 2-3 watches before I was able to repeat the names of the characters, but there's a bunch of good moments littered throughout to prevent this one from outright sucking. Was cool to see how the death star laser felt from the ground. Nice world building too and great final battle.

what story would be "necessary" for you m8

Attached: 1529804624580.png (696x720, 239K)

It's just a classic WWII espionage movie set in the Star Wars universe. If Vader wasn't in it at all it would have been perfect.

I will end the discussion on this movie forever

>good director, nice looking shots
>It was cool to see original trilogy stuff in such hi fidelity
>Vader scene was kind of cool, even if it was pointless
>The main characters were forgettable, actors under utilized
>The main villain was the only humanizing thing about the movie
>Tired old concepts we've seen a hundred times, basically it did nothing new
>Ultimately a pointless movie about a very unimportant part of a much better movie

It’s star kino

>KINO
no way
it was the only decent one though, i'll give you that

it starts so fucking slow, though. Is it really that important that the stronk independent female lead is related to the shmuck that designed the thing

I'd say Solo has a better claim to being kino than Rogue One.

To qualify as kino, a movie needs to focus on its characters. Rogue One was the best action movie in the Star Wars series, but there was no real character development at all.

solo had a pretty decent crew then they killed them off halfway through and replaced them with the unambiguously gay duo

After the IP transfer to Mickey Hitler, this was a good movie, a solid template of sorts to build upon for further Star Wars movies

then they completely fucked it up

it's over

This but unironically.

>To qualify as kino, a movie needs to focus on its characters.
What a pop understanding of kino. You could try watching a single film made in the 30s and before

Rogue One is a great movie in the exact same way Freebird is a great song. You start watching it and wonder why everyone likes it because it's weirdly paced and forgettable for the first half. But it turns out the entire first half is just setting the stage for the fucking perfect thrill ride of the second half.

Then the second half is all you remember, so when you watch it again you wonder why the first half is so weirdly paced and forgettable. You can do this cycle over and over and over again and it's why I've watched this movie more than any other Mouse Wars movie.

>a bunch of non-characters running around doing edgy shit in a prequel no one asked for
>kino
nah

Can´t remember a single character of it so no... none of the Disney wars movies was even remotely a good Star Wars movie or even good stand alone movies for that matter. True kino is supposed to be memorable and stand the pass of time. Disney Wars like Marvel movies are decent entertainment at best. All of them. If we didn´t have a SW shill thread every five minutes people would forget and move on.

There is nothing to discuss. It is empirically the best thing out of this shitberg aside of Sheevposting's incarnation and resurrection