Look at my shaky shaky shots!

>look at my shaky shaky shots!
>and my symbolism with religion!
>and another one!
>and another one!
>Dude, piss in a jar. That's a huge criticize to... something.
>also let's give all the location the same dark and gritty light even if it is supposed to be sunny or inside a building with its lights on

Attached: p10967959_v_v8_bf.jpg (960x1440, 325K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=robin in bvs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> piss jar

It’s a reference to piss Christ in art world. But you wouldn’t know that since you’re a ducking low IQ pleb

Attached: 6A80A986-E10D-429B-B9AA-0F13B3FA1B06.jpg (750x619, 184K)

Attached: AD39145A-3B1E-494A-851E-A38BA8975251.jpg (1242x1671, 309K)

Attached: 90B02E57-003A-4877-BECF-A6662FA0C0C4.jpg (696x721, 57K)

A reference so oblique no normie will get it

>DUDE LET ME SPECIFICALLY EXPLAIN ALL MY REFERENCES ON WANNABE TWITTER
This guy is a hack. It's like he's desperately trying to convince people that he's the next Kubrick. Gotta get that approval.

OP is the ultimate pleb.

>director enjoy talking about his movie, like every other director ever
OH NO

Still better than blaming all your problems on men and calling it character development.

Attached: downloadfile-2.jpg (480x480, 29K)

>meanwhile actual kino is made by Rian Johnson

Attached: the last jedi.jpg (500x291, 53K)

>director enjoy talking about his movie, like every other director ever
Which pleb directors are you talking about? No director of any worth likes to talk about the "le meanings" of his films because that boils down his work to an overly simplistic puzzle instead of an artistic expression.

That's why (actual) Directors hate making commentaries about their films because it reduces their work to a simplistic twitter post, they remove all weight from the film and the director can't talk about anything but funny things which happened on set in that particular moment while the standard viewer just wants the braindead "WHAT DOES THAT SHOT MEAN?" answer to every single scene.
At best he can talk about the technical side of all the shots, how he executed this or that and on-set stories.

Also commentaries are a good way of finding out which directors are literal pretentious plebs themselves if they love masturbatory self praising talking about every single "meaning" of every single shot and the lowest ranking artistic tool of them all "symbolism"

Snyder is christian pal, he likes religious references.

>Snyder is christian
Doubt it.

>"Yeah comic book Batman is cool and all that, but let's be real here. Batman kills people. Batman kills children. Batman is a rapist. Batman rapes children in the ass before killing them. Get over it."

Attached: manchild supreme.jpg (600x600, 82K)

>Which pleb directors are you talking about?
Most of them? Most DVDs have a director commentary mode.
>Also commentaries are a good way of finding out which directors are literal pretentious plebs themselves if they love masturbatory self praising talking about every single "meaning" of every single shot and the lowest ranking artistic tool of them all "symbolism"
Fans were asking Snyder questions on Vero and he was answering them, that's it. You should stop being só pretentious.

>Batman kills people
He does in movies. But BvS was the only movie that portrayed Batman killing as a bad thing.

Stop it. Marvel already won okay.

...Marvel already won.

>Most of them?
No actual director talks about the "meanings" behind their shots. You won't hear Tarkovsky talk about that. You won't hear Lynch talk about that. Even Kubrick hated talking about it, even when he was pressured to say anything at all he would always say that such a one dimensional meaning is not the one true answer, while Snyder treats his films as if they are kiddie puzzles.
>Most DVDs have a director commentary mode.
And most of them just talk about on-set trivia and the technical problems they encountered, not the juvenile elementary school reference work Snyder is doing.
>Vero
lmao this says enough

I just mind it a little that Batman kills people with a minigun.
And that people like the Joker are still alive when we know what Bruce does to people who are judt hired to transport something.

Wew too many plebs in this thread

Attached: 1531262484539.jpg (6252x3168, 2.59M)

So in the Batman v Superman story, Batman uses a spear to kill Superman (remember he 100% wants to kill him for whatever reason, he says so himself) because that's what they stabbed Jesus Christ with? This is the perfect example of forced symbolism, when what the director hints to makes no practical sense within the story. What, is Batman a devoted christian and that's why he uses the spear? Because he, too, also likes symbolism?
Fuck off

>No actual director talks about the "meanings" behind their shots. You won't hear Tarkovsky talk about that. You won't hear Lynch talk about that. Even Kubrick hated talking about it, even when he was pressured to say anything at all he would always say that such a one dimensional meaning is not the one true answer
Because they had their head up their asses. Snyder likes interacting with fans, he doesn't ignore them.
>And most of them just talk about on-set trivia and the technical problems they encountered, not the juvenile elementary school reference work Snyder is doing
They talk about the script, the actors, the characters, the message of the movies, etc. You never watched a director documentary.
>lmao this says enough
Can't blame him, he was constantly harassed on Twitter by edgy people like you.

>dude it's a reference so it's good lmao
mental midget supreme

Maybe it's just symbolism to the spear of destiny?
>when what the director hints to makes no practical sense within the story.
Batman needed a melee weapon made of kryptonite to kill Superman. It makes pratical sense.
>112837178
But are the references bad?

Referential heavy work is extremely bad, yes.
Literally replacing the lack of original expression with the better work of others.

I know you haven't "watched" the movie. So I'll try to be polite. In BVS, we see a Batman who just lost his patience. Not an evil batman who've been killing thugs from the beginning. He just lost it when he lost robin. And before he could avenge, a completely new powerful threat arises. Superman. And when he sees what this god like being could do in black zero event, he kind of concentrate all the hate and fear he had for criminals, especially Joker, onto Superman. So, to answer your question, it's not that he spared joker his life. It's just that there is more important threats to deal with at the moment.

He doesn't mention Robin a single time in the movie, what is this shit about having lost Robin?

ikr? Funny these people joke about how stupid you have to be to praise Snyder, when they aren't even smart enough to understand a movie of his.

Coming from the guy who just said "ikr".

This movie was great

You really haven't seen the movie have you?
lmgtfy.com/?q=robin in bvs

>"""""critics""""" of BvS

Attached: oh yeah the critics totally understood the film and arent idiotic manchildren.jpg (1016x3921, 1.12M)

Robin is dead in BvS. Joker kills him.

Attached: 367ddedb51533e3c1059ec33195120ff02aaf0a2677fb57fddafafeafa46c8ea.jpg (600x300, 43K)

This was probably in the Ultimate Cut only. I don't remember this at all.

Attached: snyderfags.webm (704x708, 2.99M)

DESPACITO
QUIERO RESPIRAR TU CUELLO DESPACITO

user, even if you hate BVS, watch the ultimate cut. I can't say you will absolutely love it. But I'm sure you'll hate it less. Also, never judge any of Snyder's (and any other directors' for that matter) movie based on the theatrical cut if there is a directors cut. What we see in theatrical cuts are studio's decision and not completely the director's.

Maybe, but most movies don't get a director's cut at all, and in this case it didn't get one until well after I had seen it.

So am I right that this is only in the ultimate cut?

@112838793
@112838915
>samefagging this hard

I'm not completely sure. I've seen the ultimate cut so many times I don't even remember the difference between it and theatrical cut. According to IMDB there's is more than half hour extra in the UC. So there's a chance. If it helps, this scene is shown right before Bruce goes to Lex's house and meet Clark. About 5 seconds long shot.

I'm about 80% sure that shot is in the theatrical cut.

>but most movies don't get a director's cut at all
Yeah that's why I said "IF there is a directors cut". And in snyder's case. There is for all of them, and it's out for us to see for most of his movies. The rest are somewhere in WB's archives.
>and in this case it didn't get one until well after I had seen it
That's is WB's fault. And that probably is the reason BVS got so bad reviews too.

Why does Batman need a melee weapon? Why doesn't he make a Kryptonite bullet and shoot Superman in the head?
This

Literally one of the biggest art controversies back in the early 90's, and a cover to 2 metallica albums. But no is not a reference to anything else than a line in the fucking movie.

Cops kill people that is shooting at them, they don't go and try to find people to kill them. Same happens to batman in this movie and is not even portrayed as a good thing.

>Why doesn't he make a Kryptonite bullet and shoot Superman in the head?
Same reason you can't make bullets out of obsidian. It would brake. Also the spear doesn't work on superman if he hasn't been weaken before by the gas.

If you watched Shazam, you'd appreciate how perfectly adequate Batman v. Superman was.

Seriously, Shazam went full retard.

So why didn't he just gas the shit out of him at first sight and attack him with 20 spears being shot from all sides?

It's really sad you have to ask that. He doesn't "need" a melee weapon. He "wants". He knew this is no ordinary being to just shoot and kill. He went for theatrics. He's the BATMAN for god sake! He wanted superman to know that he's no god. That he's not even a man. If only it was showed in the movie. Oh wait. It was. You just ignored.

Eh? Everyone loved Shazam. It's what BvS should have been.

Why doesn't he just shoot and kill ordinary criminals then? Why does he even fist fight those dudes in the warehouse, why not just kill them all on the spot? Just for a le epic scene?

But that's retarded when you think about the fact that Batman wants to kill Superman because he is too powerful, so he wouldn't want to take any chances.

>Why does Batman need a melee weapon?

Because Bruce is unconsciously sabotaging his own plan. He’s not prep-timing himself into a confrontation with Superman. What he’s really doing is prepping for a head-on confrontation with his own obsession.

That’s the warning of his nightmare with the Man-Bat. He sees a depiction of the Archangel Michael in his iconic pose, only Michael’s usual strawberry hair is replaced with black. This is a reference to Superman being one of the good guys. In the dream, he then proceeds to turn his back on the truth this image symbolizes only to be attacked by the creature erupting from his parents’ crypt. In other words, by turning his back on the truth, Bruce is allowing his obsession with vengeance to consume him. Throughout the film, we’re shown that Bruce is far more cavalier about killing than we’re used to seeing him, but one act we never see him commit is cold-blooded murder of a helpless opponent. That’s what he’s setting himself up to have to commit, the one act he is psychologically incapable of committing - premeditated murder of a foe who’s at his mercy. That’s why he chooses a spear, then chooses to leave it behind on a chosen killing ground.

That’s the dual meaning of Snyder’s image. Bruce consciously thinks that by thrusting the spear into the “god,” he’ll have redeemed himself, but his unconscious is seeking redemption of a very different sort.

Attached: 175F7A1B-3831-46CB-87B5-5EC6BDEB85DB.jpg (1366x768, 89K)

Because, he may be out of his mind but he's still not a cold-blooded murder. He avoids lethal measures whenever possible but not afraid to use it. Also, that warehouse scene happens after the Martha scene. That is, after he came to his senses. So it makes absolute sense.
It's not though. Why would a guy who is known for instilling fear in gotham want to do the same with superman? Really?
Also,why do you think using spear would be taking a chance? He had it all planned out. Weaken him, make him feel fear, make him feel helpless, and then, deliver the final blow in the most theatric way possible.

It's in the fucking trailer you mong.

Ok so what would Batman have done if Superman just grabbed him and threw him a couple of miles away from the spear?

don't you get tired typing 2000 character posts on your fucking phone for literal years now

I never get tired of being right.

Why don't you be right on your computer? Staring at that small ass screen and pressing with your two fingers, you probably wasted an entire month on nothing but typing out and arranging posts which you could've done in a half the time on a computer.

People hate what they don't understand.

Attached: zackapology.png (880x320, 320K)

>why was batman's plan different to my plan?

Attached: 171263950.jpg (408x612, 25K)

he looks like a mutt green spic here

Even for normal movies, what-if questions are not actual criticisms. And you're going into what-if s in a batman movie. And all I can tell is that he have plan a-z for all possible scenarios.
What if supes throw him far away? Well he have his grappling hook. You're probably going to say that won't be of use and if it is, it wouldn't be realistic. But we're talking about a movie where alien god flies around saving puppies from trees. After all it's a comic book movie. You have to take it in it's own terms.

Attached: snyder cannot abide by our rules.jpg (3840x8000, 2.47M)

Based and Snyderpilled

He has speech to text, you idiot.

I suggest you actually watch that movie bub

It's like it was made in a time machine. Hack Snyder thinks his grimdark morality play is better than anything that kept these characters relevant for most of the century, three fucking times in a row. If WB wasn't run by geriatrics he would've been gone after the first time.

>anything different is a criticism
People like you should be culled

>art world
yikes

>yikes

>art world

And a beautiful singing voice.

Attached: 42B8B051-3AC2-482E-BFEC-E6DD597A3A2E.gif (500x338, 1.63M)

Thanks for reminding me to rewatch this today