Is this movie about an autistic man having a prolonged and severely violent fit of tard rage?

Is this movie about an autistic man having a prolonged and severely violent fit of tard rage?

Attached: 8C681023-B227-4AB8-8D83-3B3E9E8CB267.jpg (220x326, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rqbckoIEJGo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have sex

yes

Autistic guys aren’t cucks though, he was just a nice guy cuck

everything in Refn movies is just an excuse for him to make little sequences he likes. Gosling's character is set up that way because it let him write scenes he liked, his personality literally doesn't matter

In effect the movie kind of proceeds that way. I don't think that's the way Refn intended it to be read, but I do think that Refn's autism (and maybe Goose's?) just reveals itself through its structure.

>copypasting the plot from IMDb

How was he a cuckold? If anything it looked more like he was on the verge of sleeping with some other guy's wife, except that said husband came home earlier. And even after the husband's death it seemed he was likely in with her except that shit hit the fan and he sperged out and crushed that dude's skull in front of her. And even then she seemed to be waiting for him to come back at the end of the movie, but he autistically had to Drive off into the distance.

>everything in Refn movies is just an excuse for him to make little sequences he likes

I actually think this is the superior way to make movies. It should start from something like this. Coherent or topical plots are secondary and not even necessary.

>how was he a cuckold
Literally tried helping his neighbors son’s dad with his debt.

There are lots of good ways to make movies, just takes talent, effort, vision, etc. I think Refn is great, he does stuff that often doesn't work but at least he tries. His movies are kind of a mess but you are never bored

Parts of Neon Demon are among the best shots I've ever seen tbqh

Why does he wear the mask if he always wears the scorpion jacket?

I mean, think of it: the best things about any of his movies are really more these little ~moments~.... like a vision/ image, with some music, and a vibe, feelings or associations stirred up, your sense of wonder or youth resparked.

And the same goes for Lynch, Korine, Tarkovsky, Noe, Bergman, Rohmer, Von Trier, Cosmatos, Mallick, Cronenberg, Mann, Carpenter, Hitchcock, Kubrick, Weir, Argento, De Palma, Scorsese, Roeg, even Cameron.

Could even say this for something like Conan the Barbarian.

This is why plot or message fags are the worst.

YOU KEEP ME UNDER YOUR SPELL

And I think this is why I like horror or lot, it foregrounds these sensory moments.

Is Refn autistic too?

Uh, yeah! Where have you been?

Anyone have the pasta? Or any of the webms?

It’s not really about hiding his identity.

It’s about him trying to be superhero. The mask the silly jacket.

Attached: refn.webm (532x300, 2.89M)

I always took the jacket btw as Refn kind of doing a Jodorowsky / Kenneth Anger -y magical symbol thing. Like the jacket on Lucifer Rising or all the tarot and astrology symbolism in The Holy Mountain.

YO LIL DONNIE
I’M 59 YEARS OLD AND THEY TREAT ME LIKE SOME FUCKIN KID

I think Refn's oddly autistic point-of-view makes for a really interesting approach to film, honestly. It kind of narrows things down to certain potent but stilted tropes and images that kind of turn and radiate, casting strange refractions like flat divinatory devices.

I mean, I'd put him above 96% of directors working today, but I guess that's not saying much. And that's not suggesting he's my favorite. But I really like him.

He crushed the dudes skull, because the dude was a hitman, and killing a professional hitman as brutally and quickly as possible, was the only reasonably safe thing to do, both for himself and the girl, to keep both safe in that situation where they were targeted.

Well, yeah, but the way he just kept angrily stomping his head probably looked insane to her (and the movie shows her reacting as if she is disturbed and alienated by it).

It's a pretty normal reaction to be shocked by a guy you thought of as a timid driver just killing a guy, no matter how he does it or how justified it is

The hitmen were from the Philly Mob.
The enforcers for the Philly Mob used to drive around South Philly looking for people whose names were on a list, and they would shoot them were ever they came across them, which included a pizza joint in the Italian Market, and the Parking lot of a 24 hour diner in the middle of the afternoon.
The movie implies Goose had some kniwledge of organized crime and violence.

No it's about standing up for something
something you know very little about you bitch

Attached: 1a3cddd5d8b7415a7c36327556e67ded.jpg (640x875, 110K)

Drink drain cleaner

youtube.com/watch?v=rqbckoIEJGo

Based.

They're not mutually exclusive things. Stop pretending you have any idea what you're talking about.

He was just a shy introvert.