Why wasn't Janeane Garofalo used more on SNL?

Why wasn't Janeane Garofalo used more on SNL?

Attached: 140207_2724459_Weekend_Update_Segment___Naomi_Green_anvver_3.jpg (640x360, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gawker.com/5899097/hes-not-chevy-hes-an-asshole-a-history-of-chevy-chases-horrific-behavior
youtube.com/watch?v=o9zfxe4JVlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=D0M7talXBVY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because her talent was wasted on that terrible show.

She could've done more Update commentaries. Stand up comics usually do well on Update.

still had a more successful run on SNL than Sarah Silverman

early 90s Sarah on SNL could get it though.

Attached: rs-185387-R1229_SNL_Package_102.jpg (1401x1839, 535K)

or Ben Stiller on SNL.... im starting to sense a trend here... SNL HATES JEWS!

Attached: 140208_2723614_Weekend_Update_Segment___Mike_Meyers_and_Ben_anvver_1.jpg (640x360, 101K)

Filming the Larry Sanders show

She actually left "Larry Sanders" to do SNL.

speaking of famous people you forgot were on SNL... how the fuck did Robert Downey Jr end up in the SNL cast for one year in the mid 80s?? as far as i know he was never a comedian rite?

Attached: snl-downey.jpg (620x375, 39K)

As with Anthony Michael Hall, he was in popular movies.

that was the weird season where they had a bunch of non-comedians in the cast. joan cusack and randy quaid too

Attached: e55bb7a8ae63e666ad0eba756b7383a3.jpg (2500x1910, 575K)

the guy next to lovitz is the guy Chevy Chase famously made fun of for being gay when he came back to host. Chevy told them they should do a sketch where he has AIDS and they weigh him every week! KEK BASED CHEVY

He also asked him if he was the gay guy during a writers meeting. When he said yes and if there was anything he could do for him, Chevy said that he could start by licking his balls.

>Terry Sweeney, who was the first openly gay cast member in the show’s history, called Chase a “monster.”

> According to Sweeney, Chase pitched a sketch where Sweeney would have AIDS and get weighed every week. Later, Chase was forced to apologize, Sweeney remembered, “He was really furious that he had to apologize to me. He was just beside himself. And it was just awful. He acted horribly to me. He acted horribly to everyone.”

Not enough money in the budget for her wigs

Laura Kightlinger stole her thunder.

haha goddamn! why wasnt Chevy ever this funny in film? thats the funniest shit ive ever read

That's not funny at all.

Glad he had to apologize.

She wears wigs? I know Kevin Nealon does.

holy shit downey looks 15

based. faggot btfo

>112832654
Will Ferrell also called Chevy the worst SNL host he ever had to work with. Said he slapped Cheri Oteri is the back of the head really hard when she screwed up lines during rehersals and everyone was hiding from him by the end of the week. Chevy sounds like a hilarious prick, i guess I can kinda see why nobody wants to work with him anymore tho, he pissed too many people off.

He was 19 and AMH was 17.

Chevy was also a prick on "Community", which was his comeback.

gawker.com/5899097/hes-not-chevy-hes-an-asshole-a-history-of-chevy-chases-horrific-behavior

lol this stuff is actually all pretty hilarious. i dont even think hes trying to be an asshole a lot of these times, he thinks hes being funny without realizing hes an asshole

that entire show is run and cast by r*dditors and bugmen, so i don't blame him

Exactly, he doesn't have a filter.

Heard a rumor that they were considering bringing her back in 2001, because her friend Amy Poehler was joining the cast

Jay Mohr has a story in his book about Nealon's toupee coming off during a basketball game. Apparently, nobody knew.

youtube.com/watch?v=o9zfxe4JVlQ
Nealon was in the movie Roxanne a year before he joined SNL and he had a big ol' baldspot on top. tho once he went toupee why would he get one that made it still loook like he had a big ass receding hairline?

Less obvious.

they also made Chris Elliott wear a rug the year he was on SNL too (kinda dumb since everyone already knew he was bald from Letterman and Get a Life before that) Lorne has some weird hang-up on allowing baldies in the cast, hes probably bald himself, his hair does look kinda toupee-ish since the 90s.

Attached: chriselliottsnl.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

2qt4u

I'd love to be her boyfriend. Look how hot she is in the lovemaking sketch.

David Koechner was on for one season.

has chris elliot ever played a character besides an oblivious weirdo in his life? id like to see him outside of his comfort zone

youtube.com/watch?v=D0M7talXBVY
he had hair on SNL!

lol thats such an obvious cheap SNL sketch wig

For the sketch. He was bald a lot.

when Koechner was a guest on Norm Macdonald Live, Norm told him he always had a theory that SNL fired him because he Lorne didnt like that he was bald and wouldnt wear a toupee. Norm was probably onto something there

Laura Kightlinger's hair changed during the season, but I think it was her own. She said they made her wear a pushup bra.

Watch the Deion Sanders episode, she's practically drunk during the goodnights.

Eagleheart

Proto Ellen Page?

Attached: 1554947963743.jpg (904x1200, 301K)

Because she was such a miserable cunt, nobody would write her into pieces, and anything she wrote was shit. She rage quit because nobody liked her. She only lasted 5 months. Anyone who worked on that season said she came in pissy and only got worse as time went on.

I don't think she ever wrote anything.

Norm is probably right. It's probably the same reason Lorne gets butthurt about beards. I believe Lorne said
>we don't have beards in sketch comedy, we wear fake beards
Probably the same idea with being bald, if you are actually bald you can't make jokes in a bald cap

I dimply recall that anything she did on-air, she wrote or helped write.

Downey Jr. had major friends and connections in Hollywood.
He was pretty much the poster boy as a drugged up washed out fuck up, yet still managed to get some decent, and crappy, roles that allowed him to dig himself out of the hole he was in, and I guess keep himself afloat enough while in the quagmire that he didn’t drown.
Rob Lowe also had friends who helped get him out of the shit when the cideo of Lowe and the two underage girls became known.

Possibly. Could've gotten Update that way

Did/does she wear a wig?

they were both in weird science?
also no one talks about that season for a reason

Yeah, it was bad.

eagleheart's great but it's basically just his usual cabin boy character with a little chuck norris

Hot, hot, hot.

this thread is maximum boomer

Gen X.

Wayne's World brought Lowe back. His career has been up and down since, but that's the one that saved him. The Brat Pack turned their backs on him after the sex tape, but the SNL guys saved his ass.

I just looked at the roster. The stars were done, ready to go, it should have been huge, they had Sandler, Spade, Meyers (for a while) McKean, Farley, and Norm. Solid fucking cast, with a couple of forgettables like Mohr and Cleghorne.

But they were burned out, or focused on moving on to movies.

And those guys, write for Garfalo? LOL.

In the third season he goes out of his comfort zone a bit more. but yeah it is still pretty much the same character, though he is a bit more competent

There were other writers.

Lowe has some sort of card that gets him a starring role on a network TV show whenever he’s out of a job.
I firget when it started after his “comeback”,
maybe ‘The West Wing’
But since then he’s had lead recurring roles on a bunch of TV series including,
‘Dr. Vegas’
‘Brothers & Sisters’
‘Californication’
‘Parks and Recreation’
‘The Grinder’
And ‘Code Black’
With a bunch of one offs, B and TV movies, and voice over work.
It’s like he’s someone importants illegitimate son, so he just keeps getting jobs whenever he needs one.

hmmm so if Damon had a full head of hair he wouldn't have been fired for playing a sweet dude without permission?

Attached: Damon-Wayans-SNL.png (600x300, 201K)