/trek/

Hailing Seattle edition

Attached: I'm hailing .jpg (733x576, 378K)

Pathetic display, OP

>Are we still on for hasperat tonight, Commander?

Attached: hasperat again.jpg (475x363, 42K)

Reminder that tripfags eventually destroy themselves by blogposting.

Attached: bottoms up.jpg (694x530, 97K)

I actually don't like star trek

>the Defiant is immune to reverse polaron beams
OF COURSE THE MARY SUE SHIP IS IMMUNE TO IT! BEING THE BEST AT EVERYTHING IT'S ITS GIMMICK!

We know, Jimmy, you've always been a tourist.

fuckin wrinklenoses make me sick

Look, i'm just here for the memes and the virgin bashing.

same
TOS season 1 was the only decent Star Trek, everything afterward has been steady decline in quality

>starship designs
okay they done A B C D E but show me the fuckin ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

So you come here to hurt people?

I take no pleasure in it

It's time to stop posting, VF

At it's core, /trek/ is about_____

Exploration.

Attached: Dumdum.png (781x693, 316K)

Masturbation

dumb bitch. thank God I'm smart

who?

Attached: 1551246385581.png (574x540, 10K)

perfect star trek gfs

Attached: the beautiful and perfect reading wife.jpg (1050x722, 120K)

ban evador

What's the title of the mag he's reading?

OMNI

Is a DS9 remaster possible?

Sure....but yer gonna get "What We Left Behind" at best

Attached: defiant2.gif (350x197, 3.64M)

The fans have been clamoring for it, bigly. One of the most beloved shows in streaming media, these numbers are huche, HUCHE! This is one of the best remastering deals ever made, and I, your president, am proud to announce a 4k remaster of Star Trek: Voyager.

Attached: Abdullah II.jpg (2048x1638, 475K)

>dude we want the star wars audience!

Attached: 53055b77b4dbc22d072bb834f5d2df31.jpg (600x460, 29K)

What would happen if we all funposted about wanting a DS9 remaster when this documentary thing comes out? We know Ira and Bill lurk anonymously, there may be others in positions of influence...

Attached: whatweleftbehind-s8-animation-373x210.jpg (373x210, 13K)

This is, they specifically say that Federation shields are now capable of repelling Dominion weapons, but when it gets to the really big battles NOBODY on any side has shields because they just wanted shit exploding everywhere

Like there's Galaxy classes cutting Cardassian battleships in half like they're nothing

>defining features are "gimmicks"
just call it a meme ship and be done with it, you insecure retard

Attached: ds9.gif (400x300, 1.9M)

>a defining feature can't be a gimmick
This is your brain on DS9, what a moron

Do you hate Q because he's too "over-powered?"

>false analogy
Keep going

>tfw no smug Bajoran gf.

Attached: 1446596465557.jpg (1413x1079, 58K)

How is the Defiant a Mary Sue when it's good at one thing (fighting) and really bad at everything else?

Attached: 14780-5910-20780.jpg (564x472, 29K)

Attached: I_hate_this2.png (1366x1400, 944K)

except it does literally everything

slow
not big enough to carry around people or resources in any worthwhile amount
shitty sensors
bad at science stuff
doesn't even have a sickbay

it can't do anything well except fight and survive

> Replicator. Tossed salad and scrambled eggs.

I'm less upset with the extra shuttles and more that we had like half an hour of a bunch of characters I want to see dead saying their good byes.

I saw some qts at a recent con in classic TOS outfits. Nice to know there are still fans of TOS.

I come her because I don't really have friends. Is that ok?

>yet another fucking mocclan episode

Trek shows were about humanity.
DS9 was about the aliens.

youll still watch it

It was really frustrating to see that when the enemy was coming in like 30 minutes. So much wasted time. They could have easily shown off a bunch of cool defense ideas they had.

How did the Akira class get so popular despite only having like a minute's worth of scenes in the entire franchise?

What made this design stand out?

Attached: 1555091018560.gif (500x211, 1.28M)

it's the only ship in the entire franchise that looks futuristic

How did they get back on the Discovery if its shields were up?

It was badass with effective PEW PEW PEW

Attached: x2rCJoE1rzu2xz.gif (335x251, 773K)

What the fuck is a Time Crystal?

just witnessed poor o'brien double dying, remembering keiko with his last breath.
am sad.

Attached: sad.jpg (588x473, 93K)

A crystal that affects time.

Attached: Star_Trek_full_1136971.jpg (800x703, 134K)

You are supposed to laugh, O'Brein suffering was comic relief for the writers.

Okay but, how, why, to what degree, and why does grabbing it lock in your future apparently?

Looked cool and distinctive, and like a new generation ship alongside the E-E

And pew-pew

WTF are you talking about the Defiant gets destroyed.

>An Akira and two Defiants

...am I forgetting when this happened or is this from a game or something?

which means nothing, every ship got destroyed at least once

By not shooting at it

Why would it lower its shields after it was attacked, and let the people on that attacked back on the ship?

>Me Hani Ika Hali Ka Po
>18
>Queen of the "center of politics in the Galaxy"
>Planet just invented the warp drive less than 10 years ago
>Super mega genius that can restore Dilithium
Man, I thought Michael was a fucking Mary Sue.

For the same reason it didn't vent the atmosphere when they tried to delete the data

It protects itself from immediate threats. The crew aren't an immediate threat.

If this is true, why didn't the show bother to mention or show this in any form?

Because it's the 24th century equivalent of the Reliant you dope.

Because you don't need to spend time explaining something that is both obvious and clearly discernible by paying attention.

Voyager episode.

>spend ten minutes getting off the ship
>why didn't they spend another ten getting back on?

Ah, makes sense. I only remembered that DS9 really downplayed the presence of the First Contact ships.

The neat thing is the First Contact effects people knew what they were doing, the Akira has some angles it looks really shitty from with it's design and they avoided them completely and used just the good ones

Attached: 1496873264375.jpg (1199x752, 143K)

Akira is the epitome of squashed, mono-hull design, which Eaves and the other faggots have giant hardons for because they look sleek and zoomy "like spaceships" and that squashed, stretched look is deemed to render better in widescreen. The entire reason they destroyed the D in Generations is to get this design approach in the TNG films, since the Galaxy-class was designed with square tube TV's of the 80's in mind. It's literally because flat, sleek ships look were deemed to look better in marketing materials and on widescreens.

Attached: 1529028829129.png (708x462, 47K)

>ships look like ships instead of a kid gluing tubes together
and that's a good thing

there is a rationale for the design approach to the TNG and earlier designs and they resulted in a distinctive look and "language". The only post TNG completely new design that gets a pass was the first one: Voyager because it was intended to enter a planet's atmosphere and thus the mono-hull, elongated appearance, and stubby nacelles actually make sense. The Eaves designs are all "rule of cool" and nothing more. Utter trash.

That's not what he means - he's talking about their proportions and shaping

The Enterprise D, being made for tv of the 80s/90s, is meant (especially in hero shots) to dominate a square image. Moving to widescreen, the design styling changed accordingly, so that the distinctive shots of any given ship are shaped more around what looks good in a wider frame.

This isn't even a sudden new theory, old Trek followed it as well - the Refit Constitution was streamlined with the back swept nacelles, and the Excelsior (originally made exclusively for a movie) was even sleeker and more elongated. The Enterprise E, of course, is basically Enterprise x Excelsior x Voyager and goes all-in with that theory.

I don't agree with that guy that it's bad (I think a lot of the streamlined designs are the best ones) I more think that Eaves has just near totally whiffed it on his newest generation of ships. They're all really non-descript takes on old shapes. Albeit a bunch of them have never even been given time as anything except small background filler. The multiple "Miranda except boxy and awkward" designs a just not good no matter what though.

The Akira was inspired by both the Miranda and BoP designs though, both it and the Sovereign were meant to have more aggressive appearances to symbolize the Federation in a post-Borg/Dominion War age. I actually liked the Galaxy class but you can't deny the more "strike" appearances of the newer ships were inevitable.

>The multiple "Miranda except boxy and awkward" designs a just not good no matter what though.

The Akira maintains a fairly round and organic design though, I'm assuming you're referring to the Saber, etc?

>squashed, mono-hull

It clearly branches out into two hulls + rolling bar, are you blind? And it actually maintains a circular saucer section instead of going oval or triangular like a lot of the newer designs.

Attached: thomas-marrone-screenshot-2015-07-28-11-00-11.jpg (1920x1200, 400K)

His Discovery designs.

Attached: 39247856.jpg (880x3452, 656K)

Damn, the second one looked like the Millenium Falcon

Something about loosing that "modular" design approach has just never sat well with me. I get the single-hull design of Miranda, but the blended hulls just dont work for me. They just scream "generic sci-fi ship" to me. Part of me wonders if they could have worked with the Galaxy to make it widescreen-friendly with a refit and made the least changes to the profile as possible.

that's still a single-hulled ship, just with weird protrusions and breaks in the lines that give the appearance of "branching" and distinct segmentation. The key feature of multi-hull starships in Star Trek is basically modularity up to the point where fans have basically decided that Oberth is a modular ship. Hell, it may be canon at this point. I know they've sold models of a modular Oberth. There is actually an IRL heritage to this in-universe design approach in kitbashes for show models. You lose all of that heritage with these shit "sleek" designs.

Not all of them are that blocky.

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2019-04-13-16-39-27.png (706x1208, 339K)

Yeah, I think those two are fine, and some of the others are okay from different angles. Just lots of samey looking profiles

Big D should have been lost in First Contact, not Generations

The Borg eating away at the D from inside would have been more meaningful too

Attached: bigd.jpg (720x4288, 552K)

What bugs me about the Europa is that behind the scenes they said they designed it with the idea of it being "the admiral's ship that's here to save the day" but there's nothing really grand or admiral-like about a compact ship.

It looks like a beefed up Reliant but that's about it. An admiral's ship should have more presence.

Attached: i05wfifddur11.jpg (3840x2160, 638K)

Apparently you missed the bit where the executive officer said she commandeered some other ships in advance (presumably the little one-man fighters we saw in an earlier episode).

Entire episode makes no fucking sense at all and that is the hill you choose to die on.

FOR THE FOUNDERS

Attached: Weyoun Get.jpg (600x450, 53K)

>You know how we jumped into a parallel universe about a month ago?
>Yeah, we need to go to the future instead.
>Oh ok. But we've been jumping untravellable distances every week for a year now so maybe...
>No, we stay right here and wait.

First contact and generations should both have been lost; EntD saved.

the amazing screw-on head?

user...

'ning bla, chabin x

Attached: Screenshot_20190110-234844.png (2880x1440, 2.72M)

Out.

have sex

O'Brien is the key to all of this.