Just came back from this. unironically deeper than any marvel movie

just came back from this. unironically deeper than any marvel movie.

Attached: shazam.jpg (905x1280, 105K)

The jokes were decent but the entire third act was cringe

t. heartless faggot

>He mentions the "acts" of movies
Cringe

Guardians 2 told a better story about abused children trying to learn to become a family than Shazam did. Not that Shazam wasn't great, mind you.

Funnier, too.

>acts
hahah yikes...whats next "world building" ???

>Billy's childhood amulet is a compass
>an instrument for lost people, providing guidance to those that know where they want to go
>this nicely sets up the base for Billy's arc, who's constantly displaced and looking for his mom.
>after he arrives in his destination, the compass makes him see he was following the wrong path this whole time.
>he finally finds a place to stay and separates himself from his amulet.
>it's the end of his quest, and he passes the compass to his mom, another lost soul, in the hopes that she also finds herself

>Thad's childhood amulet is a lucky 8-ball
>an instrument for not only the lost, but the unsure. Providing direct answers to people who don't know what to do. This isn't a tool to help you in your destiny, it's one that takes your control from it.
>this provides a base for the villain whose agency is not his, but the demons controlling him. He's not in control of his destiny, but following directions given by his masters.

CAN I GET A POTTERY?
ZACK SNYDER YOU DID IT AGAIN YOU BASTARD

Attached: 1554684365732.png (503x469, 209K)

>capeshit console wars
Pathetic. Great movie though.

>Demons tell Sivana that the Champion will defeat them if he comes into his full power
>They never explain what this implies
>Billy spends the entire movie growing into and displaying wisdom
>Defeats Sivana by discerning which demon remains within him and goading it forth by correctly stating its nature
>his wisdom comes from Solomon
>Solomon is legendary for his command over and banishment of demons

Absolute kino.

>

Is not like that is hard, but its nice to know that WB is at least trying to make something not aimed at autistic manchilds soiboys

Hell yes.

Envy was Sivana's spiritual equivalent.

"pacing"

Attached: 1432298431342.png (318x355, 352K)

lol

I thought it was a nice touch that they showed that he and Billy even shared one particular form of envy in common. They envied the happy family the foster home represented. They both pushed it away for the same reason - envy is perverse. It makes you push away chances at the happiness you see others enjoying. Billy grows beyond this. Sivana doesn't.

It was wetter than Watman

I thought the same the moment they landed on the roof. I also felt like if it had been almost any other superhero they would have taunted Sivana about being envious of what Billy got and he couldn't.

ebin pasta

Attached: Darla.webm (146x376, 1.26M)

one thing I think wasn't quite clear is whether or not Billy was actually worthy or was the wizard just out of time

not to mention he didn't have to past the demon test since the demons were already gone

>Not understanding basic fucking storytelling
>Makes himself look like a brainless faggot

lmao shut the fuck up

the wizard was out of time, no one was pure of heart, but billy proved himself worthy in the end (and he didn't even want the power)

I feel like all of the kids would've proved themselves worthy eventually

if given the chance

>DON'T STOP ME NOW

the wizard told sivana he was never gonna be worthy and sivana became evil so then the wizard told billy he totally was the chosen one hoping he'd believe it

At the end Billy makes a joke about not being corrupted by the demon ball, but I think that comes with being Shazam. The film works much better if Billy wasn't pure of heart.

The Wizard experienced failure in the past, and wasted his life searching for one perfect successor. Billy wasn't truly pure of heart, but he was able to be a hero.

Billy wasted his life rejecting foster families and looking for his real mum. In the end, he realised his biological mother wasn't as caring as what he already had.

Sivana spent his whole life searching for magic after being told he wasn't good enough, totally ignoring his family.

Billy is our hero because he's the only one able to overcome his obsession and appreciate what he has.

it's a good lighthearted adventure, clear, consistent theme, and just really had that 80s movie energy working for it.

So at the end of the movie, when all of his friends have the Shazam powers, do they keep those powers? Is there now like seven Shazams?

Attached: B72AF4E6-700B-4BA2-B68F-7786FACC84A5.png (112x112, 9K)

The theme of "family" was nice, really heartwarming.

It should be "Just say my name!"

Shit movie, leave it to /tv to shill and praise mindless capeshit...

Saw this on openig day with an almost empty theater, dc really drop the ball here, no one cares about this movie

I just saw this today and it was pure kino through and through.

Who is gonna be the 7th wizard? Or will there never be new ones because the broke the staff?

Asher Angel has no range. Dude's so monotone that it's hard to be convinced that the quippy, obnoxious Shazam is supposed to be the same person

>Guardians 2 told a better story
No.

unironically yes

I literally never knew Shazam was a thing before the first trailer dropped, so i basically went into the movie blind.

When Billy gave all his foster siblings superpowers i was kinda blown away, didnt expect this to happen at all. Really cool twist, thank god i didnt know the comics

if every theater was packed it would be making 3 billion, retard

>the absolute state of Yea Forums

Attached: 1544327779131.png (848x900, 661K)

to the unfortune of shaflop every theather projecting this movie is next to empty

mine was pretty full last week
prove me wrong

Attached: 1446405342634.jpg (221x246, 9K)

>caring about depth in capeshit
just eat your slop piggy

>this is what passes for deep these days

That animated cartoony credit sequence of Shazam messing around with the Justice League characters is exactly the tone they should have gone with from the very beginning when they started setting up their DCU.

Copying Nolans edgy grimdark Dark Knight shit was the worst thing that happened to this franchise.
It was really obvious while watching Shazam how much the director was "copying" the humor and style of the current Marvel Universe. If only they would have done this from the start it wouldnt have flopped so hard and actually be serious competition for Marvel. Shazam was a step into the right direction, but at this point its way too late.

fuck off brainlet

Jeff Bezos got issues!

The compass was a little on-the-nose but the 8ball was pretty good

Still thinking that dc is copying marvel stupid quip humor. The entire first scene alone would never happen in Marvel

>using the wisdom of Solomon to read Freddie like an open book playing MKX

isnt that how dr strange got fucked up in the first place? didnt IW started with thanos choking loki purple to death?

>If only they would have done this from the start it wouldnt have flopped so hard
why do people who don't like this film keep insisting it's a flop? did it not exceed its opening weekend goal by like 30-40%? it's also generated mostly positive reviews.

makes me wonder whether you know what a "flop" is

I think you need to rewatch stuff from MCU, the humor is literally nothing like Shazam or even Aquaman.
Also, hey Ladderbro.

No, you simply can't read the stakes and actual weight of these stories, can't you?

really bakes your noodle doesn't it

Attached: oracle.jpg (957x388, 35K)

you are right, its actually worse

Attached: disney.webm (960x376, 1.97M)

So beautifully wrong.

That was the best fucking montage since "The Incredibles." The good one.

Correct! But Billy's "admin," so he could always revoke access should the need arise.

Its about the same level of kiddie bullshit, the only difference is that the MCU has this teenager air of sarcastic bullshit that is repellent to anybody that is not absolutely retarded.
Is like Whedon-lite even when Whedon kind of humor is kinda sad now because the world is a different place.
Also choke on my hog Ladderbro, you autistic faggot.

6 shazams

>seething
imagine caring this much about capeshit

>Freddie asks Billy about flight or invisibility, saying he'd rather fly
>He gets flying powers

Gotta tell ya, Kubrick really knocked it out of the park with this one

>The jokes were decent but the entire third act was cringe
that's not saying much

Holy fuck this
The kid is a completely different person when hes shazam
It made it unrealistic

Wow I wonder how they almost got away with the original poster

Attached: Shazam 3.png (905x1280, 176K)

Actually, I don't think Freddy ever specified what he'd rather have, just that most people choose flight if their response is known and invisibility if their answer is anonymous.

I loved that shit a whole lot, honestly.

Attached: 1555123669679.webm (1280x536, 2.25M)

I don't really get why they stopped calling him captain marvel. It's my only complaint. I haven't read comics in a while, but not even a few years ago he was still captain marvel.

They where still coming up with a name at the end of the movie.

I look at it as the contrast between Peter Parker and Spider-Man - that whole "liberating nature of masks" thing.

Yeah, you're right. We were so much better off with jokes about pillow turds.

Go watch Color of Pomegranates you nerd faggot.

Ran out of time, and Sivana gaining the demon powers set the clock ticking before the world goes to shit.

This guy gets it

Attached: 1473258734282.jpg (625x719, 95K)

Fuck off you manchild

It's what happens when you put actual effort into the script and respecting the source material in a movie.
>woah, the bad guy is the literal antithesis of the good guy? it's like the writers actually cared!

I don't know why you guys have to company war all the time but Shazam was a top tier superhero movie. It's on par with Spider-Man 2 for me

>Cringe
With how often you faggots on this board cringe I'm starting to think you're all 70 year old women

After a decade of hollywood movies with the intellectual prowess of barney the dinosaur, yeah, it's pretty deep.

Bit of both. The magic would have never never picked Billy if he didn't have the capacity for good but the wizard didn't have time to test him

I might see Black Adam now. I swore off all other capeshit.

Going to the movies tomorrow.
Should I watch Shazam or Captain Marvel?

Do you want unironic joy or ironic joy?

No bias. No company shitposting. Go see Shazam. It's just a better movie

BASED. DCHADS FTW!

>Degenerate and irresponsible mother
>Park robber
>2 convenient store robbers
>2 bullies
>cowardly mall santa
>dumb school security guard
>main villain

>all white

It honestly just felt like they were punishing the lead for being white.
That or diversity only matters in good guys I guess.

Chadzam. It's just a better movie. It really is that simple.

>didnt want the power
I think this is what made him truly worthy. Sivana wanted the power. All the others wanted the power. Billy just wanted to get away from the obviously crazy nigger. Wisdom of solomon right there

Why do DC faggots try to seriously act like their capeshit of choice is so deep and intelligent? At least Marvel faggots dont act like this

Yes they do

I've seen Captain Marvel but haven't seen Shazam.

I can tell you that Captain Marvel will make you feel nothing at all except for aww it's a cat. Which you can probably get from any cat video on the internet.

If I were you, I'd try Shazam instead. You're not missing anything either way, probably.

I don't remember strange being left paralitic in a pool of his own blood,also loki comes back everytime. Whats this one? The fourth,fifth time he gets killed?

Nah

t. Carolfag

HADOUKEN

Black Adam

the "its just a girl by no doubt" fight scene made want to die, so honestly go watch Shazam, Cpt. Marvel is just a dreadful time devoid of entertainment.

Marvel settled the rights to call their character Captain Marvel with DC, so now DC's Captain Marvel who had the name since the 40s is known as Shazam even in the comics.

that red black white color scheme is really unfortunate

Attached: 51TFncDHs1L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_[1].jpg (333x499, 39K)

What was the power of older sister? Getting assaulted by tentacles? Not that I mind tho

haven't seen it but i bet kids would love this movie. i'm to old for cape shit.

Fucking kek. Mary is wise. Better power than you might think. My fellow mages know what I'm talking about.

I wish he had the kino single shoulder cape instead of the curtain-like cloak he has in the movie.

Me too, though I like the way it fastens. I'd also like to the outfit with the chest flap. I love that design.

Same here, kind of hoping the design gets a slight revamp in the next film

Attached: 1554769239538.jpg (1218x1920, 643K)

Elvis costume is best costume

It was pretty funny seeing the rest of power rangers show off their powers and mary marvel is just there getting hentai fucked

I liked his "hacker" scene, too.

Absolutely love this panel.

Why the fuck is DC so much better than Marvel? I've never seen a Marvel comic with a panel as nice looking as this.

>I WANT GLITTER, TOO!

There are some. Same artist did a couple of miniseries for them. One of them is called "Marvels." It's a really cool story told from the perspective of a photographer that spans WW2 through the first appearances of the Avengers, the X-Men, and the Fantastic Four.

I enjoyed it a ton. Better than most Marvel movies.

Attached: floss.gif (540x353, 2.94M)

Freddy's "experiments" were fucking great.

Same artist has literally done marvel stuff before

Attached: DyldLFIXcAAK9X6.jpg (1080x1200, 169K)

You paid money to watch a movie called Shazam just so you could compare it to gay Marvel crap? That is so pathetic. Jesus.

Whoops, meant for

These movies are for little children, you know that, right? Why would a grown man go watch Shazam?

Shazam

Why would a grown man post on Yea Forums?

Attached: clown face.png (644x942, 97K)

It's for everyone

Was a good addition. Would've been better if Billy actually had interacted with his new foster family.

The muscle suit actually worked a lot better than I expected.

>just say the word
the N word?

Attached: m0lymeme-judging-facə.jpg (888x944, 267K)

Darla in grownup form talking with santa was darn cute.

Billy actually used the power of invisibility in the movie when escaping the baddie in the mall. He transformed back to his 14 year old self and hid away in the crowd.

the arm wraps and sash would have been welcome too
the superheroish costume from the movie wasn't very indicative of the magic nature of it

I really liked it but it had some weird moments. There's a scene after they try beer for the first time where Adult Shazam hooks up with a women and they go back to her place. It shows a pretty tame sex scene, most of it being off camera, until he starts yelling "SH-SHA-SHAZAM!" and turned back into a kid. The women freaked out, he freaked out, it was all really awkward, but pretty bold for a PG-13 movie

It's part of his character arc
He made one big mistake of being too trusting, so in return he's become extremely untrusting and harshly testing everyone before he could grant them the powers
In the end, he had no choice but to trust Billy, have some faith in the other person

I love how intimidating he looks when drawn by Alex Ross.

Alex Ross is the fucking boss. When I first saw his work in Kingdom Come, I was so blown away that I showed it to my dad(the guy who got me into comics in the first place), and his reaction was, "Did they clone Norman Rockwell?"

I haven't watched it yet but Jesus Christ.

I really, really liked that. Also, I hope Litty Adam demonstrates in no uncertain terms that the Wizard was cautious with good fucking reason.

Still better than anything in the DCEU

Captain Marvel > Shazam

DC shills are nothing but liars. They'll tell you CM is about feminism when one of the biggest criticisms from critics was that it wasn't feminist enough.

Meanwhile, they'll tell you DC's Doom Patrol is the best series ever. But last week the show was all about Cyborg surfing Tinder and mummy-man having homoerotic dreams. This week they had a literal transvestite episode.

Doom Patrol is LGBT friendly, overly so, but DCfags will say it's Marvel that panders. Don't fucking believe the shills, they are the vocal minority and they will tell you anything to get you to give money to Flopzam.

Attached: doom-patrol-danny-patrol1.jpg (963x491, 60K)

Update your pasta this week's episode was Jane and Cliff kino

Attached: local man hurt.png (406x394, 321K)

you think that's bad, you haven't seen Titans. they just cast a new Batman, it never ends with DC. they have multiple concurrent Jokers and Batmans... and they still can't get one of them right. hell, on Gotham alone, they redid the Joker like 5 times and they ALL sucked.
meanwhile, when you mention guys like Iron Man or Captain America you never hear back,

>"Which one are you fucking talking about?".

just do it once and do it right for christsakes!

>pasta

I didn't count last night's episode cause on Friday nights, I'm out getting laid. You should try it.

PS - I'm not watching Doom Patrol anymore it's too gay.

Begone MCUck

Attached: Based+chadzam+_ee7ed0b45af4e8cce984d042063d2831.jpg (947x647, 76K)

Based Chad

the fact that it was entirely made with just trailer snippets says more about the trailer than the montage

more like the real Captain Marvel > Captain MarySuevel

Attached: Chadzam!.png (1226x1244, 218K)

Why do you retards embarass yourselves by pretending dc movies are good? Ive seen every single DC movies hoping theyll finally get something right but theyre all shit. Specially now that theyre trying to be marvel its even worse

Lol it's litterally the original captain marvel

Don't care about the movie.

The poster is nice though.

If this movie was trying to be Marvel, it failed. It's too smart for Marvel and doesn't treat its audience like mouth-breathing morons.

It was garbage you delusional dc cucks.

>DC
>Deep Comics
I knew it.

Ad hominem

I went a wednesday afternoon to the original version and the room was almost full. See, 2 can play that game ladderbro.

Shazam wasn't even Marvel. It was a full blown DISNEY movie.

That's why everyone hates all the DC hypocrites.

Are you stupid? People have asked for DC movies to not be grimdark shit for the past decade.

This movie was incredibly multilayered. Cant wait for the Blu Ray.

>"just got back from this" or "finally watched this"

is that a meme cause I'm seeing it everywhere followed by the most disingenuous comments I've ever seen
i streamed shazam and yeah it was a shitty cam rip, but the film was paint by numbers capeshit garbage + scarjo eating buffalo wings was more entertaining than that shazam wtf

Attached: injustice-2-honest-game-trailers_194261.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

To be fair that's not that hard...

Fuck off retard. Nobody said,

>"Hey, you know what would make DC really based? Instead of intellectual thought provoking films, they should make a live action Teen Titans GO!"

If you enjoyed Shazam you are seriously a mental midget manchild.

I repeat: if you want DC to make kids films, you're a fucking RETARD. Jesus, in a board filled with Joker arthouse memes, I didn't think there were any faggots left. Go back to Yea Forums before I destroy you again.

Hey, you know what would make DC really based? Instead of intellectual thought provoking films, they should make a live action Teen Titans GO!

Those "thought provoking" movies shat the bed super hard and destroyed the DC movies brand.
Also if you might be a retard if you think this movie had no moral dilemas and thought provoking scenes. You should at least try and watch the movie or a proper review before exposing yourself.

Will they make Batman and Superman movies with the same tone as Shazam from now on?
Its way more enjoyable this way.

Shazam > any other DC movie they have made so far

Batman v Superman was bad
Justice League was terrible
Wonderwoman was just mediocre
Aquaman i havent seen yet, but i expect it to be mediocre too.

Hope Flash will be good but i doubt its even coming out

>oh look at me, im so different because i say ACT instead of Climax, Resolution

Attached: 3ab.jpg (308x324, 100K)

The shot of the dad on the ground after being ejected from his car would never, ever make it into a Marvel movie.

Is that Johnny Depp?

God... I wish that was me

Flash isn't coming out, they're cutting their losses. I can't believe Aquaman and Wonder Woman are the tentpole characters of DC. How far we have fallen.

The ad hominem is tacit, and it’s impugned upon you by none other than Disney. They treat you like morons and you praise them for it.

Yea Forums has reach another new low for shilling this capeshit

>there are people in this thread that compare this to actual kino like spiderman 2
>there are people in this thread that really think that this movie was deep
>there are people in this thread that actually think this movie was good

Holy fuck just nuke this shithole of a board now

dcu shills are literall npc’s

DC cucks are really delusional but also have to pretend to like the shit WB puts out

>dc is copying marvel stupid quip humor
so you havent seen the movie

>The true, original Captain Marvel will probably make less than half of what of Captain Feminist did at the box office.

At least everybody seems to agree it's the better movie.

Attached: Konstantin_Savitskiy_The Monk Inok_1897.jpg (453x599, 75K)

>deeper than any marvel movie
not a high bar

Marvel fans are pretty pissed of about this movie for some reason, they keep sperging in it's threads even though it's pretty humble and doesn't try too hard. I guess you guys are mad that people see DC movies as fun for once.

They both were shit user

Compared to the overwhelming bulk of cape movies, it *is* pretty deep. Hell, forget capeshit, it’s got respectable depth for a film of any sort, really.

Totally.

I was saying Shazam deserved a better box office than Captain Marvel.

I enjoyed them both. CM failed to follow basic act structure though and was really disjointed. The main character was also the worst part of the movie.

Shazam did exactly what it was supposed to do. It just went on a little long.

Attached: 1277366929479.jpg (640x480, 64K)

I feel exactly the same, honestly. It’s definitely generating a lot of goodwill.

Bump

t.brainlet

>can control water
>they have water in their suits
...why were they even a threat?

this movie sucked, also go fuck yourself

Gonna go see it at 1:30 today and take my 9 year old daughter. Is it really that good?

It's good, not film of the year or anything but it's a fun movie. Dunno if you care about bad language in front of your kid, but they do swear a couple of times.

I love how the DCucks got BTFO so hard in this thread that they made an entirely new thread with the same premise and pretend this one never existed. Not the first time I've seen them do this.

Fucking cowards.

That's a really weir way to label the interest for the movie, but you can keep seething as much as you want.

There is only one Captain Marvel movie and it is called Shazam.

i havent seen it but that poster is kino

Om go watch IT,it's pure kin

So brave...

>broken bot