Does anybody else dislike the idea of bringing back Palpatine?

Does anybody else dislike the idea of bringing back Palpatine?

I really enjoyed the trailer until they had The Emperor’s laugh. Everyone seems to be hyped about it, but I think it’s really uncreative to bring the same old villain back from the dead. Not only because I dislike death fake outs, which are generally a very annoying trope, but because it makes Darth Vader’s sacrifice at the end of Return of the Jedi kinda pointless. Anakin was supposed to bring balance to the Force by destroying the Sith, but 30 years later Palpatine himself is ressurected. So what’s the point?

Attached: B8FEEDEC-5C9B-4D43-BE88-40C825BC8953.jpg (738x415, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=adzYW5DZoWs
youtube.com/watch?v=5m2b4MVh1RE
youtube.com/watch?v=xD4WWbbOEm8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wait what? Sheev is back???

Maybe he became palpy the white just like gandalf.

youtube.com/watch?v=adzYW5DZoWs
He was never gone

I just don't want them to ruin Sheev. as much as I love him and want to see more, I don't want him to be associated with this trash heap in any way. that being said, I think its hilarious that Sheev is the only reason people are hyped about this film. nobody gives a fuck about the new characters. They literally had to bring back the oldest, whitest guy in the galaxy to generate buzz.

they realized how fucking stupid of an idea Snoke was and how popular prequel memes are.

$$$$

Yeah him and luke. But they already ruined luke. Doesn't look good for palpy

I would've been ok with it if Snoke had been the Emperor or a clone of the Emperor or some shit, but as it stands, this is the ultimate asspull to bank of the last bit of Star Wars that hasn't been ruined.

I just think it’s stupid and is obviously nostalgia pandering
>it makes Darth Vader’s sacrifice at the end of Return of the Jedi kinda pointless
I would also say it would also make snoke pointless as well since what’s the point of introducing a new big bad guy if you’re just going to kill him off and bring back the old one?
And if they reveal Palpatine was behind everything that would just be worst because it would just make snoke an unnecessary middle man in the story
Though I wouldn’t be too surprised their doing this because they realised rian killed off snoke in TLJ and Rey already defeated kylo in TFA in a fight even before she received any training from Luke, I mean like it’s not like they actually planned out this trilogy
But still if Palpatine is really coming back I just hope they finally explain or give hints to who the hell snoke was, how/if is he connected to Palpatine/Vader and generally how does he fit into the story because I really don’t want him to just end being some random strong dark side user that popped out of nowhere with no explanation because the story needed conflict

>back from the dead
Not necessarily, he could just come back as a force ghost.
They already established that Yoda can call down lightning in his ghost form so a Sith lord as strong as Sheev should be quite powerful.
Also it could just be flashback/holocron/Sith horcrux or some other bullshit.

Attached: 1404803602066.jpg (524x542, 70K)

>horcrux
Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

These movies are noncanon so it really doesn't matter.

Dark Empire was one of the dumbest things about the EU so no, I'm not looking forward to him being back.

"Oh, and I'm afraid your friends will find the lazy JJ Abrams fanservice fully operational."

No way, he can come back and Make the Empire Great Again. Think of the possibilities of Darth MEGA or MEGA Man.

Attached: TheRiseofDisneysBankAccount.png (808x1200, 305K)

>Does anybody else dislike the idea of bringing back Palpatine?
I do.

1. It completely invalidates Anakin's sacrifice and shits all over the Prophecy established in the Prequels.
2. It makes Snoke even more irrelevant.
3. It makes the efforts of the Rebel Alliance from back in the OT completely moot.
4. It places a bigass plothole in Operation Cinder.
5. It makes Luke's efforts even more pointless and useless.
6. It means that JJ Abrams has no originality of his own.
7. It means that Lucasfilm's desperate for winning the fans back after TLJ and Solo.
8. It's cheap fanservice to include his cackle at the end of the trailer.
9. It makes you question who in the actual fuck is the main villain of the Sequel Trilogy considering all the villains we've seen up till now are incompetent as hell.
10. It makes you wonder whether you should even give a shit anymore about Disney Wars.
11. They're just stealing ideas from the EU again (Dark Empire), but placed at the end of the new trilogy and the end of the overarching saga.

Episode IX is supposed to be the "apology" after the long period of terrible movies, agenda pushing, disdain for fans online, and "course correcting" their poorly outlined excuse of a 3 act structure.
Too little, too late.

Attached: zed13.jpg (125x124, 2K)

No fun allowed.jpg

i just think it’s funny i don’t really care anymore. and if you were smart you would do this too

This franchise is already creatively bankrupt

Sheev is going to be in a Sith holocron.
They're going to find it because Snoke came back to life and they're wondering how.
Sheev explains that Snoke has immense sith power over life and death and taught him everything he knew.
Snoke is revealed to be Jarjar

You guys are still dwelling on star wars? Just pirate it and enjoy the shit show.

>he could just come back as a force ghost.
The Sith don't completely return as Force Ghosts. Only small remnants of their aura/essence remain, as was the case with the illusion of Darth Bane in Filoni Wars and the illusionary specters that Yoda encountered on Korri-AHEM, I mean, "Morriband."
However, Sheev could still return as a ghost for the hell of it. This is the same trilogy where Yoda's Force Ghost could cast lighting on a tree, so anything can happen in the world of not giving a fuck. Lucasfilm clearly doesn't.
It'll probably be established that Snoke was a failed Sheev clone TOTALLY not ripping off Dark Empire who was prepping Ben Solo to be Sheev's new vessel by drawing him closer to the Dark Side which is TOTALLY not ripping off Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, either and the Knights of Ren are being controlled by him and are searching for a way to fully resurrect him, manipulating Kylo Ren in the process to put Sheev's soul into him.

Attached: 1488500225275s.jpg (100x125, 1K)

>I really enjoyed the trailer
Are you a shill or an idiot?

>so powerful he can rape the force to create life
"no!" he can't be a force ghost that's UNREALISTIC

>They already established that Yoda can call down lightning in his ghost form
when the fuck did that happen

>1. It completely invalidates Anakin's sacrifice and shits all over the Prophecy established in the Prequels.

Already happened with the First Order’s victory. So much for bringing balance to the Force.

>2. It makes Snoke even more irrelevant.

He was never going to be relevant after TLJ.

>3. It makes the efforts of the Rebel Alliance from back in the OT completely moot.

Already happened.

>4. It places a bigass plothole in Operation Cinder.

???

>5. It makes Luke's efforts even more pointless and useless.

Already happened.

>6. It means that JJ Abrams has no originality of his own.

Really? No shit!

>7. It means that Lucasfilm's desperate for winning the fans back after TLJ and Solo.

Duh.

>8. It's cheap fanservice to include his cackle at the end of the trailer.

So?

>9. It makes you question who in the actual fuck is the main villain of the Sequel Trilogy considering all the villains we've seen up till now are incompetent as hell.

Sheev is.

>10. It makes you wonder whether you should even give a shit anymore about Disney Wars.

You should have already stopped giving a shit.

>11. They're just stealing ideas from the EU again (Dark Empire), but placed at the end of the new trilogy and the end of the overarching saga.

Yup. So?

>Episode IX is supposed to be the "apology" after the long period of terrible movies, agenda pushing, disdain for fans online, and "course correcting" their poorly outlined excuse of a 3 act structure.
>Too little, too late.

Better late than never!

Luke was going to burn the tree with the sacred texts but Yoda zapped it and lit it on fire before he could.

>Luke was going to burn the tree with the sacred texts but Yoda zapped it and lit it on fire before he could.
Damn, he sure showed him

Here you go
Love, Yea Forums

Attached: 1537335041562.jpg (719x719, 62K)

>kill the past

>If you choose to face Vader, you will do it alone. I cannot interfere.
Uhhhhhhhhhhh.

Oh so now our favorite Mary Sue gets to go against Palpatine too? Absolutely pathetic.

this trilogy is already fucked may as well have some fun with it

Yes because it's hackneyed but it'll be the only redeeming part.

Attached: 1476807762977.jpg (1920x1080, 223K)

I think it is a shit idea to bring him back. But also he is going to show up at the end just to be defeated by Rey sue,? Only a retard would care

I dig it. For two reasons.
1- Snoke was such a non-entity and lame ass character. It's good to have an embodiment of evil in a Star Wars film and not just a confused boy, Kylo, pretending to be.
2- It gives Adams a chance to redeem Luke in a death fake-out and finish what we assume Anakin did not. I mean, I'd kill for Luke to come out of the shadows and tell Rey and company to step aside, "Palpatine is mine. We have unfinished business." Yeah, I know, cheesy af, but Star Wars is cheesy sci-fi so why not give audiences a full on Luke v the Emperor, good v evil, final battle? Btw, I spoilered it in case I'm Nostradamus and it ends up being true.

it's called bankruptcy of imagination

Attached: images.jpg (184x273, 7K)

THIS

Palpatine is the least offensive thing in the trailer
>oh boy another fucking desert planet
>woowie it's the death star again!
>oh it's old Lando, because that worked out so well with the other characters

How does one get to be a big a faggot retard as you?

THE EMPEROR'S LAUGH CAN MEAN ONLY ONE THING: UNLIMITED

literally a cash grab since they had no villain cause one of their directors thought it was a trilogy and no one reminded him until after he was done

More importantly, you are now aware that bringing the emperor back means that Anakin never brought balance to the force, which means the prophecy was not about him and he was never the chosen one...

Guess who the chosen one is then? i´ll give you a hint... she is strong for no reason and we know nothing about her parents or her past. There, Disney actually did it, they actually doubled down and made something even more terrible than episode VIII.

Hope McDiamid comes back for it, he was the best part of prequels as Sheev.

Attached: 1551678980177.jpg (741x530, 22K)

I absolutely hate it.

A 10 page paper over all of the issues I have with this teaser and how the movie ends up playing out cannot express my anger and betrayal. This movie will only be remembered for the meme trash spawned from it.

Attached: unlimited anger.gif (450x246, 2.96M)

I'm probably just gonna watch clips of this movie like I did TLJ (I've seen enough to know I don't even want to honor it's runtime) but this is unironically a based post.

Only the soulless dislike this development.

His name isn't on the IMDB cast list.
This will probably be some CGI Palpatine with a synthesized voice lmao.

Idiot.

Bringing back palpatine is retarded, plus he's only getting back for the last movie to be slaughtered there is simply no point

congrats, you're the target audience

>OMG I LOVE DARK EMPIRE THAT COMIC WAS AWESOME
>Heh.. ew.. bringing back Emperor? Trying reeeeaaaallly hard to be RotJ there Disney

Attached: soyboy01.jpg (720x720, 56K)

Why didn’t Obi-wan’s ghost just hyperspace ram Vader?

>WHITE PEOPLE BAD
okay, Shaniqua.

>Snoke = zoomers
>Palpatine = boomers

Undeniable proof that zoomers haven't created or done shit in Hollywood and are just swimming in our wake.

I don't really care as I'm not a SW fan but I think it's funny seeing them admit they aren't creative enough to come up with an interesting villian so they just bring back Palpatine.

I mean I have a spark of hype to see him back on screen but not really

The point is entertainment, dipshit. If you view Star Wars in any way other than entertainment for entertainment's sake you're twice the dumb ass people take you for. And, trust me, they already take you for a dumb ass. Proof: You use the term retarded when you cannot formulate a valid point.

I'm in my 40s. 'bout time I was the target audience of SW again.

He is gonna smack talk them when they go to his chair, take one of his Artifact they where told is the solution to all their problems but end up being the reason he is resurrected.

This is why the did the Momin story in the Darth Vader comic, i wouldn't be surprise if they are so creatively bankrupt they literally make Kylo Rens helmet a Vessel for Sidious like Momins mask was for Momin but the power of true love between rey and ren will save him from being taken over. Or did it ;^)

My sides.

I’m more in disapproval of more force ghosts. Especially if they are included in the story and not just end of movie props.

>I’m more in disapproval of more force ghosts. Especially if they are included in the story and not just end of movie props.

You don't want a spooky Palpatine ghost?!

I can already see it now
>Rey finally meets Palp

Palp:
>Oh Snoke? Ah yes my son
>Oh Snoke? Ah yes my clone
>Oh Snoke? Ah yes my brother
>Oh Snoke? Ah yes my servant

And if Snoke has absolutely no relevance to EP9 then my god what the actual fuck was the point of it all

Not him, but lol youre a faggot. Nothing to offer this conversation. Shut the fuck up.

It's a pitiful attempt to get people interested. You know they could never do the character justice. Do not pay Disney any money!

>Episode IX is supposed to be the "apology" after the long period of terrible movies, agenda pushing, disdain for fans online, and "course correcting" their poorly outlined excuse of a 3 act structure.

Whatever gave you that idea user? If anything, they’ve been doubling down. This trailer just solidifies it.

Are we getting Ghost Wars? Cause it sure feels like it.

If these movies were even passably mediocre, then yes, this would be an awful narrative direction. But with how fucking terrible this new trilogy is, why not? And with how many people they've been pissing off, it's a great idea. I probably wasn't even going to bother watching this movie, but Sheev coming back has sparked a small kernel of interest in me, even though I know it's going to be bad.

Is anyone really shocked that Abrams is just going to recycle an old villain? JJ made his entire career just re-shooting movies with slightly altered differences from the originals and adding lens flare to them.

>Confirmed Lando
>Confirmed Skywalker Offspring
>Confirmed Death-Star-ruins
>Confirmed emporer
All in a fucking teaser trailer.
Disney is in full damage-control mode after TLJ and Solo.

The Prophecy was a stupid thing and I don't mind JJ disregarding it.

I mean is this what it’s come to? Are we just gonna hand wave away this type of shit because it’s “fun”? I get that some movies you just turn your brain off to and I even get the muh space wizards defense. But are we at the point to where continuity and actual character arcs mean nothing now. Just introduce a new thing out of nowhere because people are fucking dumb and don’t care. I think I’m getting to old for this shit.

This guy is about 80% based and 20% soi.
He's mostly right though - Star Wars was dead the moment KK greenlighted a new trilogy without any plan whatsoever.

>Bateman post
>no one points out those dubs
I am disappoint Yea Forums

>and Solo.
Solo doesn't shit on the SW mythology, though.

Maybe so, but it was far from 'great' and certainly didnt do well for the franchise.

>Sheev Palpatine...yes...that was my name...
>Well, now you may call me Sneed Palpatine

hollywood has been doing this for a long time now

it's dead jim

>Maybe so, but it was far from 'great' and certainly didnt do well for the franchise.
I can't argue against that at all really. I liked it, but skipped seeing it in a theater because of TLJ. It's pretty good, but it needs editing. With a finer edit, it could be close to great, but yeah it falls far short of greatness, but it is kino, even comfy.

Didn't Solo have the 'let's hyperspace jump through a shield' bit?
That was fucking terrible.

This is correct. They went FULL DAMAGE CONTROL MODE. They scavenged any characters from the pass they possible could and gave the fans what they wanted.

I just hope Sheev has achieved what no sith did before, force ghosting. Honestly, I wont be surprised if JJ retcons Luke's death.

>Didn't Solo have the 'let's hyperspace jump through a shield' bit?
>That was fucking terrible.
Better than TLJ's Admiral Dildo Studies' hyperspace ram rendering all space combat campaigns obsolete.

You guys are missing it. You're missing it.
Rey is a clone of Palpatine. Possibly with some Anakin tweaks to her genes to create a perfect force vessel for the Emperor to reincarnate into. It explains her Mary Sue superpowers. It pays off her coming from "nothing" and her parents being "nobody". The trope will be that she was rescued by her surrogates or wards and abandoned on a backwater to give her a chance, before she could either be implanted with Sheev's mind/exterminated as a failure. Kylo Ren knows, and initially wants to leverage this to help her fulfill her destiny and become her Vader (who he idolizes), but does a heel/face turn to save her in the final act, and together they destroy Palpatine's backups in the ruins of the death star, freeing the galaxy from his evil forever.
How is this not obvious?

i bet theres gonna be something like a jedi/sith battle happening in the force ghost realm or some shit

It was basically the same thing. Completely unnecessary and written solely because of laziness to find a lore-respecting alternative.

That would be great. My expectations would be subverted

Lucas had a Sith Force ghost in Episode 7, probably Palpatine.

Attached: 1555120362272.jpg (670x338, 21K)

>I really enjoyed the trailer until they had The Emperor’s laugh
lol fag
Palpatine chewing up the scenery (provided they get Ian of course) is going to be the standout moment in this dogshit trilogy

I think Rey is fighting some male clone in the TIE fighter and not Kylo in the first scene, everyone is thinking it's Ben but it would be a perfect gotcha moment

lmao Luke was a total failure

I won't lie, when I heard the laugh I got chills. Then I realized that if they bring him back and stuff yet another old (should be dead) character into a new franchise it just makes things worse in so many ways. Just like you said..On top of that, Lando is back, whoop dee fucking do.

Plus, when they said "End of the Saga" or whatever, I didn't feel a damn thing except pity. This saga has no emotional attachment.

if you subscribe to the theory that Kylo Ren will turn to the light side, then you have to bring in some worse bad guy for him to throw down a power shaft.

based Daffy Duck. Pack it up, folks. Don't pay to see this in the theaters. It's best to see what happens afterwards and catch it on the slip side.

I don't think it's what it's come to. It's WHAT STAR WARS HAS ALWAYS BEEN. They brought back the death star, made Leia Luke's sister, and Vader Luke's father. It's pop entertainment. There are well-written and well-shot films out there. Star Wars has forever only been entertainment for entertainment's sake. I love them for what they films are: dumb fun.

Palpatine is the planniest schemeiest man in the entire universe. The idea that he would have put all his eggs in one basket and then put that basket in a throne on the death star trap right at the heart of the action & danger and not had a backup does not in any way make sense in the context of the Palpatine we know. It would have made less sense to NOT bring Palpatine back.

Palpatine survived via the Force and basically uses it to piece his body back together through his anger and hatred. Think Sion from KotOR 2. He's going to be visibly scarred and burnt and basically like a zombie but he is far more powerful than he was shown in the OT, he has melded partially with the Force and can be likened to being a living Force ghost, embodying the dark side. Vader's spirit, now imbued with light side energy is able to interact with the physical world and will do battle with Sidious for a second time.

Attached: Sidious.jpg (2048x1536, 623K)

Fuck it. Star Wars is already dead to me. I hope Ian has the time of his life hamming it up.

This would be better than bringing back the Emperor for sure.

Or look at it the other way. He think he's so invincible and Vader would never turn on him that he doesn't set up any safeguards. Either makes sense based off his characterization

These sequels already made everything in the OT seem pointless and futile. Having the Empire still exist, the Republic still small and weak, no Jedi Order, Han and Leia not married, etc. This is just the final, creatively bankrupt "Fuck you" icing on the shit cake.

They need him since is a symbol of the past (white male) and to demonstrate how the modern hero, Rey (female), will succeed where others (males) failed.

The point is to drag everything we loved and shit all over it whilst laughing in our faces and insulting us for daring to not thank them for the abortion on a plate they've served us.

This. The EU is my post-RotJ canon and always will be. These movies don't exist in my heart.

Star Wars villains ranked:

3- Emperor Palpatine
2- Darth Vader
1- Rian Johnson

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Attached: ooooo.gif (500x490, 971K)

Is Sheev stronger than Yoda in the lore?

Nobody gives a fuck about your fanfiction. Darth bane is a nobody and korriban isn't real. For better or for worse only the movies matter

the OT isn't even comparable to this cluster fuck
>made Leia Luke's sister, and Vader Luke's father
and? what's your point? Vader being Luke's father had a major payoff in the last movie.

They still will, an emperor clone (or maybe a bunch of them, a la the endless naked ninja lady scene in Altered Carbon) will be the primary antagonist above Kylo Ren. His/their primary motivation, or at least a major one, will be recovering Rey to serve as his vessel, as was her purpose.

>Implying the reaction of the average soilent elemantal is not the complete opposite

As long as Will Skywalker is in it I'll be happy

Very true.

and I will be compelled to not pay to see it if there is even a hint of this. It's sad, what my favorite, all-time, multimedia franchise has become.

>which is TOTALLY not ripping off Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, either
What the fuck are you even on about.

Why is leia still in it. SHES BEEN DEAD FOR 3 FUCKING YEARS

The Emperor Reborn arc was the worst part of the EU, why the hell would they do it again?

I hate it. Were the circumstances different, I might like it, but as it is, it just feels desperate and pandering. I flat don’t care. For me, it’s too little, too late.

They spent the better part of two years shitting on the fans. I’m not coming back like a beaten dog just because they’re offering a piece of meat.

Specter Wars

I dislike it.

I could believe bringing him back, if even once a character in the last two films had questioned whether there was some kind of unseen master controlling everything. There has not been even a whisper of a hint of anything being hidden. All of their cards have been on the table so far, with no mystery. This is just a random ass pull because they now need someone worse than Kylo Ren to exist.

Attached: 1554706471342.jpg (1200x627, 135K)

You're going to see it, fren. Ian McDiarmid is going to chew the scenery and no one can stop him.

This. Notice they had no setup in previous movies like "the Knights of Ren are investigating the Endor wreckage". It's so lazy and desperate

His voice was in TFA and his name is mentioned in TLJ, now enjoy the show later this year.

>his name is mentioned
Wow, that is an automatic sign a character is reviving from death for a retarded shill like you huh?

>Wow, that is an automatic sign a character is reviving from death
IMDB has Ian McDiarmid in the cast list, user.

Could just be for a voice clip or been updated after the trailer today, great detective work, retarded user.

lolyoutube.com/watch?v=5m2b4MVh1RE

Attached: palp is back.jpg (2147x1980, 1.1M)

main villain was prepping one of the protags to be his bodysnatching vessel, succeeded

they're not actually bringing him back. he's just in like holographic visions in a holocron. announcing bringing him back is just to get goys to buy tickets and get hyped

MONEY FOR DISNEY

Yes but it's also noted that if Yoda was a few hundred years younger he may have been more of an even match

>they're not actually bringing him back. he's just in like holographic visions in a holocron. announcing bringing him back is just to get goys to buy tickets and get hyped

Any evidence to this?

Why do you care? Star Wars died when Lucas sold it.

retard

/thred.

Attached: 1532129674989.jpg (526x8981, 3.47M)

It'll be the only good thing about the entire trilogy. Why? Because Ian McDiarmid is a good actor and Sheev is a fun guy. Unless they somehow fuck up his character but that just seems impossible with McDiarmid.

Apparently only light sided force users can become force ghosts. That's how lore explains it.

lol they're in such an awful place now. They bring him back and piss off a ton of people because it's so gimmicky and a transparent nostalgia grab. Or they half ass it now and it's just a flash back and the few basedboys that were excited about it get let down enormously. Horrible fucking play on Disney's part.

t. Rian

Rey turning out to be Sheev’s daughter as she goes full dark side while Kylo finally transitions to the light side would be so kino. I swear that shot would be like poetry.

Everybody dislikes the idea of bringing back Palpatine. Not only does it invalidate the last bits of victory that happened in the original trilogy, there's just no chance they'll do it right. It'll be insulting garbage just like the treatment of Luke, Han, Leia, Yoda, Chewie, R2D2...

Do people not realize it could be just a memory scene used as trailerbait?

they did this before

Attached: 1432388740222.jpg (500x378, 145K)

>It makes you wonder whether you should even give a shit anymore about Disney Wars.
You'd have to be completely fucking retarded to care about Disney Wars after TLJ. Them bringing back Palpatine is just going to be fun for those of us who like him and don't give a fuck about this series anymore.

Ian is in the cast.

Yes. It's scrapping the bottom of the barrel. This movie is going to be an eye pleasing, shallow as a puddle, shit show.

Honestly, I'm fully expecting it to either just be a Holocron, flashback, or some other recording and not actually Palpatine himself back as the main villain of the film. Unless they go full crazy and do the time travel stuff from Rebels or some kind of dark side blood magic ritual to summon his spirit and have him come back that way. More than likely though, Snoke is simply back from the dead and will be the main threat.

was there ANYTHING in the first two movies that built up to this? its a fucking asspull that destroys the OT/prequels.

this nuwars trilogy is a fucking train-wreck that doesn't have a coherent story

Attached: 1520998866603.jpg (247x204, 9K)

he is, he was onstage for the trailer reveal

Why don't they just have drone ships that jump to lightspeed and crash into an entire enemy's fleet?

Palpatine used force projection when he gets thrown in the pit in RotJ. He's alive and well somewhere.

>Ian McDiarmid is a Scottish character actor and director. He has appeared in 47 films since 1976. He portrayed Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars film series and will return for the December 2019 installment Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
I guess so.

Just like TFA and every Disney Wars movie besides TLJ. Can't wait for the inevitable controversy that surrounds every Star Wars movie now.

Ian will save this trilogy like he did the last.

It won’t happen because that’s too good of a plot twist and concept.

That’s been a theory since LITERALLY TFA. It’s been a shit show since, for the TLJ -and most everything else.

The shit show will only keep on from here.

>I just think it’s stupid and is obviously nostalgia pandering
Yes
>it makes Darth Vader’s sacrifice at the end of Return of the Jedi kinda pointless
No, Vader's sacrifice put an end to the Empire and returned brief peace, halting their power by a pretty significant amount considering the big amount of force sensitive people (Rey included) an unhaltered Empire would eventually control
>I would also say it would also make snoke pointless as well since what’s the point of introducing a new big bad guy if you’re just going to kill him off and bring back the old one?
Don't blame JJ for Rian's horrible writing
Bringing back Snoke one movie later would be so fucking terrible and even more inconsequential than bringing back Sheev

It would honestly be okay if they didn't tease him in the trailer, but we literally don'y know to what degree he returns in
Maybe he's just a force ghost like TLJ Yoda or maybe he actually did survive
Personally I thought the trailer looked better than the entirety of TLJ

>That image
My sides are in orbit.

Yes, I hate the idea of him returning. I was going to post why but then did it for me.

Fuck all the faggots getting excited over this cheap pandering.

Attached: 1308700783989.png (429x410, 7K)

>Snoke was a failed Palpatine clone
>He was trying to manipulate Rylo into striking him down
>JustAsPlanned.jpg
>It's now about Rylo trying to be a big boy and the rebellion doing something
I still want the interdimensional travel to be a legit rumour.

Palpatine speaking to Rey.

"Skywalker was wise to hide you from me... now, his failure is complete."

Ian is returning to the role. So he's gonna be in it more than that. Might just be a flashback or force ghost but I'm convinced it'll be 'Snoke was a failed clone lol'. They're stealing EU story lines.

only supreme faggots like you

sheev will save this whole shitshow

Attached: 1482157692301.jpg (1001x1147, 59K)

HE

NEVER

LEFT

Yes l, I despise it. He died in the most climactic way possible at the hands of the most legendary villain ever, in one of the most emotional moments in cinema history.
Now these sjw hack creeps like Kennedy want to shoehorn him into their shitty sjw infested sequels because they can’t create good characters of their own.
Snoke was a lame, failed character. All anybody cared about was him being “somebody else”. “Snoke is Plageius”, “Snoke is Windu”, “Snoke is Anakin”, “Snoke is Palpatine,” ad nauseam. So now they’ll shoehorn the dead Emperor in as a desperate attempt to get people interested because the talentless hacks can’t create any cool villains. They’ll probably have this Ray twerp kill him to try and one up Vader.

Attached: A0F0E8AD-DC46-4A8B-8B1F-33F2200BE04E.jpg (736x911, 122K)

t. easily baited faggot

Literally non meme kino if this happens

stay mad, supreme faggot

Attached: 1438321155440.jpg (377x442, 92K)

>sheev will save this whole shitshow
You're no different from all the other retards excited over an old character making a possible appearance.

this guarantees that sheevposting will never die and it will outlive baneposting and sneed shit

FUCKING BASED

because they had a massive life insurance contract on her in the case of death before the trilogy was finished. So it's been covered by that. I heard it was like $50m.

neat

Except he was brought back in the EU which were canon until Disney went 'no they're not' and has now decided 'oh shit we better take these ideas, we're out of them'.

It’s funny, because he’s one of the few characters everyone likes. Which Disney knows damn well and it’s the reason they’re bringing him back, to salvage the trilogy. Even normies can see that.

>sheev will save this whole shitshow
Fuck off, we've already heard the same shit from fanboys for all the other movies.
>TFA: "Han will save this whole shitshow!"
>RO: "Darth Vader will save this whole shitshow!"
>TLJ: "Luke will save this whole shitshow!"
But as long as you're pandered to you'll still pay to see the movie, right?

Attached: 1496162909569.jpg (518x477, 42K)

>Ian McDiarmit didn't go 'nah fook off ya wee cunt'
Shame. But hammy acting and memes is superior to nothing at all. But chances are he'll be in the film for 5 mins at best and is trailer bait.

Can't ever have too much Papa Palpatine. Best way to do it would be to keep him an insane disembodied spirit haunting the remains of the death star seen in the trailer. Maybe they go looking for vaders light saber or some other mcguffin and Sheeve's voice taunts them for 15-20 minutes.

Best possible bad decision in a sea of bad decisions. They didn't have a choice. They don't have a villain for Episode 9. Hux is a joke, Kylo's romance with Rey has been set up since TFA, Snoke is fucking dead yet and still completely unexplained meaning they have to find someway to go back and explain who he was.

The only two options are
A) New villain out of fucking nowhere, no explaination, never mentioned before.
B) Preexisting villain

Option A is stupid as fuck. Not only would you be pulling a new villain out your ass. Everything about him would have to be explained in that film. Even worse, the more of a backstory and motivation you give the new villain, the worse TFA and TLJ become retroactively for wasting time on this Snoke guy that would never amount to anything and now looks so much shittier because he wasn't explain.

Option B is limited. You can't bring back Vader without walking back the entire OT and PT. People like Palpatine and he might actually be able to bullshit some context for Snoke and win some niggas back.

Making decisions that are only "bad" and not "fucking horrible" is an achievement for Disney. I'm not going to watch it because they literally cannot make a good movie with what they've been given, but at least they're going to go down swinging aware that they're on a sinking ship rather than ignoring that they've begun taking on water.

>OLD CHARACTER IS HERE! THE MOVIE IS GOOD NOW!

Attached: 1513919037011.jpg (1920x1080, 565K)

>implying I'm going to leave my house
lol

Attached: 1482531739463.jpg (320x320, 16K)

Except nobody knew TFA would be bad, user. You fucking retard. Had it been the 2nd film in the trilogy you'd have a point but it was the first, nobody knew it would be bad. Nobody knew Vader would be in RO either, fuck nuts. TLJ we knew would be bad because Mark Hamill literally said it was and he didn't agree with the direction and story and shit.

It's just another nostalgia cashgrab. Just like the only reason people watched Rogue One was for two minutes of Vader, now it's Sheev's turn to make them money

Is he Snoke?

Attached: Valkorion.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

>old character being written by new shitty writers will save an already-shitty trilogy
You're delusional.

Not that guy but there were hints that it would go wrong. Mark Hamill made numerous comments about it & it's not like JJ Abrams would provide anything satisfactory.

>Except nobody knew TFA would be bad
Speak for yourself, retard.

SNOKE IS A FAILED CLONE OF PALPATINE. HE MANIPULATED RYLO INTO KILLING HIM TO CEMENT HIM IN THE DARKSIDE. REY TRYING TO FIX HIM WILL CAUSE PALPATINE TO DEAL WITH HER PERSONALLY. LUKE WILL RETURN TO SAVE HER.

>I SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU 30 YEARS AGO

I've got a few.

Attached: 1476832603150.jpg (800x589, 344K)

>nobody knew TFA would be bad
I did. And so did everybody else with basic foresight. Just because you're unable to see blatant warning signs of a bad movie doesn't mean everybody else is the same way.

Attached: 1368562082607.jpg (209x241, 9K)

Fuck “saving this whole shitshow”. Shoehorning in old, dead characters to try and cover up a lack of creativity isn’t going to save anything. He was killed by Vader in the climax of the Anakins saga. Six movies all lead to that epic moment in time. Not only does this trilogy suck, but it has no point and is anti climactic. The whole “point” will be “ooooohhh, Palpatines not really dead, what a shocking twist! We need ray ray to kill him to conclude the saga!” When the saga already was concluded in Return of the Jedi.

no one cares about the EU, noob

It reeks of desperation

Okay, faggot, not as bad as it was. Happy now you pedant fuck?

Because Vader giving his life to kill Sheev and save Luke is a wonderful scene built over the course of three films. Bringing Sheev back because Rian shit the bed and ruined any chance of a competent villain in the ST cheapens the end of the OT.

lol who cares

See you utter faggot.

>nobody knew it would be bad
It was being directed by the guy known for writing shows/movies with shitty setups without proper resolutions, the cast interviews were iffy, and the trailers showed they were just copying ANH.
Not everybody is a sucker like you.

>because Rian shit the bed
JJ shat the bed

I agree, they should have pulled a nobody who's never been mentioned before out of their ass to not explain anything about and forget just as soon as this movie is over. Making a stupid inconsistent trilogy of films that have nothing to do with each other.

Or even better, go full Infinity War and make this new movie 100% about this new villain. Thus retroactively making TFA and TLJ even worse by making it clear Snoke was a giant waste of time and making the entire trilogy about 1 movie and the other two unnecessary.

Writing 101 nigger. This ain't rocket science. Johnson wrote them into a corner when he killed of Snoke, turned Hux into a clown and set up Kylo as a villain while also feeding Reylo implying he'll switch back to good. They didn't have a choice.

the noncanon meme is one of the more retarded memes

See you mong. I didn't even see the film so I didn't get suckered into anything.

>Okay, faggot, not as bad as it was
I knew. Don't be mad because you have no foresight or proper judgment.

>That doesn't make any sense, but that's when Rick knows he has something.

Attached: 1512449857010.jpg (629x812, 98K)

everyone that doesn't like Star Wars is sucking disney cock about this. Its a shit idea no defending. Now a bitch is the one that will kill him future shitting on George Lucas first three. Fuck you all

They just need to add Rick and Morty into it. That'll really get people to come see it. Oh and Doctor Who.

>not him
nice try LuL

Wait my mistake, they already have Doctor Who in it, you know, back when it was OK.

What would you have done? Made up a new villain? Never mentioned before once and will never be mentioned when this movie is over? Someone who has no connection to either of the previous two films?

I'm not saying it's good but look at where they are faggot. They've been written into a corner. It doesn't matter how bad it is, it's better than any other decision they could have made.

based post

It would explain why Snoke went out like a little bitch though. He was just a underling.

starwars is dead, but at least we can have Palpatine happy time adventures.

kek
It was being made by JJ fucking Abrams; modern hollywood king of not giving a shit. Anyone not blinded by hype or nostalgia saw it was going to be trash. Profitable, but still trash.

Attached: startrekintodarknessbr.jpg (806x993, 700K)

Anakin did not triumph over Palpatine,
It was Rey!
Only a woman could be capable of defeating sith!

To be honest, I didn't watch the trailer let alone the film. But based on what I saw online, most people weren't expecting it to be as bad as it was. Happy?

>End of Episode IX
>Survivors are having a big party a la end of I, VI.
>Rey suddenly lets out a blood-curdling scream before falling to the ground convulsing.
>Camera pans to a single, battered stormtrooper, electro-tonfa crackling with energy and hate.
>"TRAITOR."
>credits

There was a lot of nonsense in the old EU that was loosely considered “canon”. And bringing back the Emperor in those books was lame and stupid too. Also there were different levels of “canon” if I remember. Those Emperor returns crap had nothing to do with Lucas or the movies so I don’t really care. But now trash Disney is bringing old, idiotic EU shit into the movies because they suck so bad and can’t create anything good.

Will we get a Drumpf reference before Rey and Finn kick Sheev's ass? I wouldn't be surprised

This trilogy is a trainwreck that has shat all over the previous films already. Bringing back Sheev really won't make it any worse. And now there at least will be a fun and competent villain for this film.

Maybe they'll have to climb over a wall to reach him.

Why couldn't they make the new trilogy 300 hundred years in the future and come up with an original story instead of the fucking mess we got? All the Star Wars video games have better stories.

>We flash back as Sheev falls into Death star reactor core.
> Sheev hits 88 miles per hour while falling and goes past the Death Star flux capacitor, dumping him into low orbit future Endor.
> Using the High ground "from a certain point of view" he is able to maintain low Endor atmospheric orbit and decides to wait for his prey.
> He would go to Endor's surface, however, this strategy is flawed, as for the high ground to come into effect, there must be a differential between parties on both the x-axis and y-axis to a moderately significant variation from both absolutes (Angles only a Sith would deal in.). For Sheev's high ground powers to have full effect, he must stand between 15 and 75 degrees (π/12 to 5π/12 radians) diagonal from his opponent(s) on any quadrant of the trigonometric circle.
> So he waits in space to fight Rey like Sephiroth and Cloud from Final Fantasy Advent children and abuse spatial relativity and Taoist doctrine in order to always invoke his high-ground powers

Attached: EmperorPalpatine-TCGBotF.jpg (742x551, 113K)

>implying Sheev isn't an absolute madman who figured out how to cheat death even more than Plagueis and create dark side-allied force ghosts

>fun and competent villain
Brought to you by the same people who gave us
>This trilogy is a trainwreck that has shat all over the previous films already

Im ok with bringing back palpatine just because he was underdeveloped in the OT. The prophecy shit i take more as something interpretable. Vaders sacrifice was to save his son, not just to kill Palpy. From there they can take the story forward by making Luke the golden boy of the jedi, what anakin was supposed to be. That wouldve worked and you can bring Palpy back. After all, he was immensely powerful. But since luke is now a discord jedi, i agree, palpy coming back sure as shit leaves a bad taste.

Isn't force lightning a Sith thing? Why did yoda use it if he's a Jedi?

Attached: 1544126473853.jpg (1920x1867, 167K)

Orange Wall Base

>1. It completely invalidates Anakin's sacrifice and shits all over the Prophecy established in the Prequels.

?

>2. It makes Snoke even more irrelevant.

?

>3. It makes the efforts of the Rebel Alliance from back in the OT completely moot.

?

>4. It places a bigass plothole in Operation Cinder.

?

>5. It makes Luke's efforts even more pointless and useless.

?

>6. It means that JJ Abrams has no originality of his own.

?

>7. It means that Lucasfilm's desperate for winning the fans back after TLJ and Solo.

?

>8. It's cheap fanservice to include his cackle at the end of the trailer.

?

>9. It makes you question who in the actual fuck is the main villain of the Sequel Trilogy considering all the villains we've seen up till now are incompetent as hell.

?

>10. It makes you wonder whether you should even give a shit anymore about Disney Wars.

?

>11. They're just stealing ideas from the EU again (Dark Empire), but placed at the end of the new trilogy and the end of the overarching saga.

??????

He doesn't need to be developed, he's just an evil wizard with meme quotes

based

Resurrect the past. Clone it, if you have to.

kys

Attached: le semetic tangerine .jpg (205x238, 10K)

Lolwut

I for one am glad Sheevposting is back on the menu boys!.

Attached: sheev senate.png (540x367, 189K)

In hindsight, Yoda did not intervene as Luke was going to kill Ben nor did Yoda do anything about Kylo Ren enacting Kylombine but pretending to burn the Jedi texts is okay?

Attached: 1481940545568.jpg (639x328, 26K)

SW is already dead to me. I just wanna see Ian McDiarmid hamming it up at this point. I don't think even Disney can fail at delivering that.

"Every generation has a legend"

That's one of the dumbest phrases I have ever seen on a trailer. This has potential to be even worse than TLJ.

Curious what's the legend for this generation. Shitting on the past?

I miss her

Attached: Kreiadarknessatcore.jpg (377x553, 37K)

Ya we’re not saying it doesn’t make any sense for them financially. They wrote themselves into a corner, and have no creativity or talent whatsoever, so it makes sense to do something like this in an attempt to lure in some old fans who might see it now when they otherwise wouldn’t.
Just calling a spade a spade here. These movies are trash, and are nothing but money milking other people’s work. People are just bitching about the fact that their favorite old characters are being trashed, and that a bunch of hacks are trying to “complete” a saga that was already complete a long time ago.

Also a villain doesn’t need to be in multiple movies to be great. The Emperor (McDiarmid) prior to the prequels had only been in one movie and he was already a legendary character. The majority of great villains only need one movie to be great.

this

revan understood snacks

Hes just gonna make a brief appearance in a flashback. I hope none of you buy tickets to this

it's gonna be the same shit as with Jigsaw, a flashback with no context that's gonna make you think he's alive

God damn it Canderous...

>That’s been a theory since LITERALLY TFA
Has it really? Dang, I was feeling awfully clever. I mean, I still am, but.
It seems like such a perfect way wrap a bow on the story, so many opportunities for tasteful symmetry with OT without just ripping it off. Since the idea came into my head I can't imagine the plot going in any other satisying direction. Maybe I'm being naive and refusing to learn the lessons of the past, but I believe that (not)my theory is correct and that JJ will do it well.
The only thing I'm not irrationally certain about is who the titular Skywalker will be and in what sense they'll rise. It could be as simple as Kylo Ren taking the name Ben Skywalker before the end.

This checks out, I've done the maths.

>the charred, smoldering ruin of Brienne of Darth is recovered from the Supremacy, barely alive
>body rebuilt using the best bionics available
>implanted with TR-8R's loyalty and Captain Canady's tactical acumen

How would Disney use this character?

John Boyega is apparently as surprised and curious about the title as anyone so it's more likely symbolic rather than someone blatantly taking/being revealed to have the Skywalker name.

Nah, it makes perfect sense given his characterization. The only reason he seems so fucking smart is the prequels were so poorly written him playing 5D is the only way they make sense. Keep in mind, he also put all of his proverbial eggs right in the middle of literally every jedi

Anyone have that "TFA was not okay" post?

What if Rey is actual a femal clone of Palpatine and then his soul posesses her and Kylo has to kill rey for redemption??!??!!?

Yep. I'm sure it'll still do well though. Most fans, even if bored with Star Wars, can't avoid getting that fix.

As ineffectual light comic relief, of course.

how does destroying one side of the force bring balance to it?

Attached: valkorion.png (792x1038, 594K)

Have sex, incel

dislike it? are you crazy! I love the idea of him and did you hear luke's voice?

Attached: guys I love it.webm (1920x1080, 2.89M)

my gf agrees with me

The way Lucas described it was that the dark side is disease to the Force, there was no "light side". There was just the Force & the corruption harming it. The Force is like a giant immune system. Things like cancer, AIDs, and whatever throw the body out of its natural "balance.", thus elimination of imbalance => balance.

30 years is not an insignificant amount of time, the fact that Vader managed to put him out of commission for that long still made his sacrifice worthwhile.

It's like the Belmonts and Dracula, just because he keeps coming back doesn't make it not worthwhile to kill him.

>What if Rey is actual a femal clone of Palpatine
Yeah, but
and then his soul posesses her and Kylo has to kill rey for redemption
a lead female protagonist in a major film franchise isn't going to not be the ultimate victor in the current social climate. seems more likely.

Attached: Lightsabered a Star Destroyer.jpg (960x1080, 427K)

All I want is for Captain Canady to have survived the Fulminatrix's destruction. I'm not going to get what I want, am I.

George said the whole point of the saga was the fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker, so it does undo a major victory but then it isn't surprising considering how much JJ undid for TFA by decimating the Republic and killing all the Jedi again.

And apparently George had something to do with Palpatine's return according to JJ, so who knows. But whatever George had planned, JJ won't do it justice now.

Attached: 87bOBC8 (1).jpg (2063x3078, 896K)

I don't even understand what I'm looking at there.

evrything that is in the interrest of the reproduction of capital will be back buddy.

She uses a lightsaber out of the roof of her space ship to cut the big space ship up

In the context of the OT, bringing balance meant destroying the Sith and releasing the Galaxy from their influence. The light and the dark sides are natural parts of the force, it's when Sith start to manipulate it and use it for evil that imbalance begins to occur. George ended up likening it to Yin and Yang.

Attached: x69yf9 (1).jpg (407x401, 30K)

>The light

What if rey is a female palpatine clone, subliminally programmed to thirst for skywalker sperm, to a new skywalker host for sheev?!???!??!!

So...she's a Gundam now?

The Dark Side does exist naturally too, look at the Cave on Dagobah. There are planets that are strong in the dark side, and creatures. So it's really dark force users that assert their influence on the galaxy that cause imbalance.

The Dark Side isn't an unnatural thing but it's kind of been misinterpreted over the years.

To what end? Like, for grafitti or something?

Rey is his daughter.
Kylo is the last Skywalker.

Their baby will inevitably be a true grey Jedi and the next trilogy will focus on the great threat from the Beyond.

screencap this

are we ever gonna get hot dark slut sith? pls god

Yin Yang balance makes absolutely no sense in the context of Star Wars universe, just like in real world but whatever.

now anakinfags know how lukefags feel, all their accomplishments are pointless

>next trilogy will focus on the great threat from the Beyond

If its the Vong or something like, then fuck no. If its a machine race ala Dune, then...maybe.

Get a better grasp of eastern philosophy user.

It was dumb in the OT
It's dumb now

the EU*

>If its a machine race ala Dune, then...maybe.
Good call, an overplayed generic scifi trope is just what it's going to take to revitalize a waning franchise.

>trilogy brings in sheev as main villain after dropping figures despite him not being hinted at at all in the past two films and the trilogy films having been written independently of eachother

It's obvious that Rian fucked it with TLJ and having sheev in this trilogy was never planned from the beginning. They've admitted that the films were written separately and the trilogy was never planned out when they started filming episode 7 and it's clear now that they're just making this shit up as they go along to get the old fanbase back. Completely soulless. If they'd clearly had hints to sheev throught episode 7 and 8 I'd be okay with it but this shit is literally just "oh fuck we've killed our main villain and all our fans are leaving what do we do... Oh right they love sheev memes right?!"

Attached: FB_IMG_1555087425152.jpg (479x450, 29K)

>his daughter isn't a hint of him
c'mon bruh

And the EU will still do it better because the ST takes ideas and makes them even shittier and more bland than anyone thought possible.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p71m9jZVtV1uuqkoh_540.gif (500x256, 2.83M)

>white incel incapable of reproducing and saving his race's birth rate has to COPE by getting buttmad about white characters recast as black

S E E T H I N G

And compete with Nu Dune as well!

>>trilogy brings in sheev as main villain after dropping figures despite him not being hinted at at all in the past two films
He's heard in The Force Awakens and he's mentioned by name in The Last Jedi.

Bitch you're talking of DISNEY they doesn't care.

the point is becoming a force ghost require a specific mindset impossible to achieve by a sith.

Star Wars is literally Nu-Dune, always has been. Lucas based Tatooine on Arrakis and even borrowed by the "desert messiah" theme.

>vader no longer kills palpy in the greatest starwars moment now its actually rey haha take that white boys
you fuckers haven't thought this through

Darth Vader probably did kill him, but Sidious used the knowledge from his master to come back. It'll be ok, dude.

Which era of Star Wars was better here?

Attached: SWeras.jpg (1303x1197, 1.18M)

Yeah he was MENTIONED like anyone in history might but nothing in the events that transpire or the plot of the films hint that there's a greater schism at play or someone is manipulating everything from the shadows. It's literally just saying "everything that happened was planned by sheev I don't gotta explain shit"

We have come full circle.

Y at least had some of the best games

At least 7 seven of those are actually good casting choices though and are not bothering me in the least.

Vader threw that nigga down into the bowls of the second death star. If they use the books that aren't cannon any more Vader killed a clone but who the fuck knows what they'll do will this shit show be 3.5 hours long?

youtube.com/watch?v=xD4WWbbOEm8

Agree.

And even if people doesn't liked tartakovsky clone wars to me they have some place in my heart.

nah it was always their intention, they've spent years planning this out so its going to be great

>Don't mind me, I'm just saving the Star Wars franchise.

Attached: Sheev peak senate.png (500x506, 238K)

I’m the opposite of you. I was nothing but disappointed in the trailer until I heard Sheev laugh. I had little intent to see this movie. Now I do. I’m not sure how the bastards managed to pull it off again and I’m disappointed in myself. I feel like an abused spouse that keeps going back for more

I’ll always include that as canon in my heart. That series was very well done.

yeah im happy they're ruining sheev as well
sick of all these zoomer cunts repeating their RLM talking point of how epic le sheev is

No worries user, like all victims of child abuse, you are a child of Disney!

I want Sheev to beat Rey with a light saber made of solid iron

It's cool but it makes you realize they fucked up. They need to bring more old characters back to get people interested. They could have made snoke into palagius and it would have been GOAT.

It doesnt matter if palpatine comes back becomes a jedi hero.

The whole movie is them searching for a holonet array to broadcast luke skywalkers life story to the galaxy. This movie is more dishonest film making and will be the final troll by disney. Luke is not coming back

Why would he make a female clone?

Sheevbros are pro-Prequel, unlike Reddit Letter Media.

>mary sue can solo the big bad where it took luke and vader combined to defeat him, and it resulted in vaders death and luke injured.
What the fuck did you expect.

I'm excited for more Palpatine memes.

Attached: 1484302223440.jpg (1560x665, 125K)

Palpatine got overconfident and lazy in those 20 or so years. Also, the Death Star itself is an example of putting all the eggs in one basket and a representation of what the Dark Side ultimately does to its users, making their lives and goals one big glass cannon.

Still could be a memory

>more sheevposting
>more Ian McDiarmid going ham
Honestly, even though the movie will obviously suck, I'll torrent it just to watch the Sheev scenes.

So you can watch all your favorite characters ruined? Why do that to yourself. Keep the memories good, like before your grandparents got dementia.

This. They got Lando, they got Sheev. If they fix Luke i'll actually watch a camrip.

The Force was innately good, but when twisted by greedy, petty, and banal people it can become corrupted. The Dark Side is that tainted, bastardized Force.

>never even liked SW that much
>now can just enjoy the clusterfuck that is new trilogy
>there will be more to come
Thank you, disney.

Attached: 1555139836982.jpg (263x191, 12K)

Attached: lucas pet semetary1.jpg (500x679, 80K)

I gave up after 8, so him coming back will be so retarded it’s entertaining

They really still suck at the music though. They use this inspiring track and then palpatine's laugh at the end. Should've had the lift and then moved into darker tones to sell it. I'll never like the new movies because they constantly and consistently misuse musical cues and use every old track improperly.