JJ gets the franchise back

>JJ gets the franchise back
>devolves back into fanservice wank like TFA

Apologize.

Attached: rian johnson.jpg (1000x563, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Y-TbGxA_ew
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I always loved TLJ Rian

>TLJ is shot for shot the same as ESB but rearranged slightly
What did op mean by this?

No it's not.

Glib facsimile is the only way to go, since it's not possible to write a coherent story after the clusterfuck that was TLJ.

And tlj wasnt fan service wank?

TLJ was a Kennedy wank.

but tlj was better than tfa based retard

What else can he do when all his ideas are already scrapped by the previous guy.

TFA already ruined the story, TLJ was basically Rian systematically poking TFA full of holes mixed in with some interesting scenes here and there.
It was anti-fanservice.
Which I frankly prefer to JJ-type fanservice.
>can't read

Never

I don’t think you know what a shot means

Everything in TLJ was taken from older movies but """""subverted""""".

i still maintain that TLJ was rian intentionally doing a 9/11 on disney wars
he committed career suicide just to spit in JJ's face

Better than absolute schlock he gave us

Yeah and Lucas shamelessly ripped off Kurosawa.

No. They're both cancer.

>starts with a planetary evacuation
>rey's arc is getting mentored by a jedi master, going to a freaky cave and then confronting the bad guy like with luke and yoda
>the others are being chased by the first order like the empire were chasing the falcon in ESB
Oh but I guess you're right, the white planet in TLJ is salt not snow, so subversive!

Disney decided they want money over SJW browniepoints again

What a shame they let him waste an entire fucking movie that will surely be skipped or edited down in the future

Do you even know what "shot for shot" means?

>but rearranged slightly

I'll honestly take TFA 2 over TLJ any day

Attached: 1550547835752.jpg (718x738, 470K)

That's not "rearranged slightly". There's a difference between vague plot structure and actual shots.

It's virtually the same, nostalgia baiting all of it

>moving the goalposts

if JJ can turn this into a mediocre film and ending he deserves a fucking nobel peace prize after how badly rian fucked the whole universe up.

Disney should non-ironically announce a fourth film and release a 10 minute version of TLJ that cuts out all of the unnecessary shit

fanservice wank >>>>> whatever TLJ was

>Apologize

>For the dingle biggest disappointment In all of cinematic history

Attached: 1550082330158.png (206x213, 15K)

JJ's movies being garbage doesn't mean Rian's movie weren't ultra garbage you mong

>It was anti-fanservice.
>Which I frankly prefer to JJ-type fanservice.
Contrarianism is just as cringe.

Considering how many retards get triggered over the blue milk scene, while ignoring the actual problems with the movie (namely the shitty pacing), I'm well within my rights to be contrarian. TLJ was at least interesting, and for better or worse memorable. How many scenes do you actually remember from TFA? It all blends together into a goopy mess of generic fanservice. "Ri O' Sky" will be the same way.

>Rians way of making a great movie was to poke the entire story full of holes lol serves them right
you people are such living pussies it blows my mind

fan service is better than no service

Based 120iq poster

I want to believe this, but you just know RJ really thought he was being clever with that garbage.

Dude are you fucking kidding me.
Hes just literally a feminine guy who was put in charge of an action movie.
Hes a kid who was bullied who is giving us his beta as fuck attempt at what is bad ass.
Like shrugging your shoulders and saying see ya around kid

>bland gargabe is worse than fanfiction tier nonsensical garbage.

They are both hacks.

this

TLJ was interesting because it was bad in almost every single concievable way. The 8 disjointed plotlines that didnt go anywhere, every attempt at "subversion", the humor, the complete misunderstanding of the absolute basics of star wars, etc.
TFA was bad because is was bland, soulless fanwankery, and because of this it was boring as sin and completely uninteresting to talk about. Hell, the only interesting bits were destroyed by TLJ, so now its one of the worst movies to revisit.
TLJ is at least fun to revisit because of how offensively terrible it is.

Attached: 1545273221731(1).gif (220x233, 273K)

Raw dog shit, or comfy cat piss.

Bull fucking shit.

TFA is a 6/10 chapter 1 movie at worst
TLJ is a 2/10 at best

its comparing a meh movie to the worst movie fucking ever

The one redeeming factor about TLJ is going to be that nothing happened to such a degree that you can literally skip it and not be confused by anything

Everyone is falling for this bait thread. Don't worry OP, I know you're only pretending to be retarded and that's ok because anyone who genuinely liked TLJ not to mind think it was better than TFA is genuinely mentally challenged

Attached: 8d2.png (464x435, 219K)

Wouldn't it be confusing to see Rey to slash Kylo with a lightsaber in one movie only for her to bear his child in the next?

at the end of TLJ theyre against eachother again, just as it began

his stupid use of language aside, TLJ does suffer from the same bland re-usage of old plots and themes as TFA, just not to the same extreme extent. they get kudos for doing something new alongside it, it's just that the new things they did weren't executed very well.

Rian mercy killed the franchise. JewJew is trying to puppeteer the corpse of it, but it makes no difference.
He did us a great deed. We shall always be grateful

You do know that makes no sense right? The reason it's devolving again is because Rian buttfucked it so badly that they have no other choice.

Other guy is right you are moving the goalposts.
TFA was the same fucking story. and they did stupid shit like split up han and Leia csuse they didnt know what to dont know what to do with Han.

Attached: rian_skywalkers.jpg (640x844, 87K)

I like the fanservice. Fuck Rian Johnson. This is not one of his indie films. Also, fuck you, you're probably Rian Johnson anyway.

once skywalkers comes out Disneys gonna have an exclusive "Trilogy Cut" edition where Abrams tries to fix TLJ and star simps will lap it up

Attached: 1514742846743.png (644x800, 15K)

Has this guy ever said anything that didn't make him sound like a complete faggot?

He still needs to stay in the good side of the Mouse. He knows he done goofed.

Shut the hell up, Reylo cocksucker

Attached: 15160477152421.jpg (746x625, 84K)

keep seething ohononononono :) have you watched the trailer we are right and you lost lol and btw rian is writing his trilogy right now

It was fan service wank aimed at a particular type of non-existent fan that nu-Wars was aimed at. In practical terms it's indistinguishable from anti-fan service but it's still an important distinction.

piss off Rian, you will forever be known as the guy who got handed the easiest billion dollars he could ever make and rammed it right into the fucking ground.

There is no redemption to your shit.

Attached: 1548264130950.jpg (567x450, 26K)

I thought all you fags were done with Star Wars after TLJ. Why is half the catalog Star Wars threads?

t. hasn't actually seen the Hidden Fortress

Kys rian
Shitty fanservice will always be better than you landfill abortion plague of a movie

The word you are looking with TLJ is pandering. It tried to pander to the new breed of fans they tried to get not only to watch but to spend money on the merchandising.
The big problem was, that the new breed of fans isn't interested in buying merchandising.

Both of you suck ass.

>dingle

Attached: 1554616354424.jpg (720x1280, 47K)

>I thought all you fags were done with Star Wars
Nobody's ever actually done with Star Wars.

Also, Sheev in the tease will always get attention. It would be like if the next Batman movie had Tom Hardy Bane at the end of it, it would immediately get attention

Both are trash directors.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Y-TbGxA_ew

It's not anti-fan service it's just fan service aimed at "fans" who watch top 10 videos on youtube.

Fanservice wank is better than male feminist wank.

No because Rey is a woman.

I've been done with actually watching Star Wars since TFA but it's still fun to discuss.

>haha look at how shit ep 9 looks
>don’t you prefer my brand of shit instead?
both are shit idiot

public opinion was much higher for TFA.

Nothing happened except Luke turned out to be a child-murdering asshole hobo, now also dead , the rebellion are literally 15 people, the supposedly main villain is dead, any rules of space battles went out of the window with Holdo, force autobalancing itself etc etc.

I mean, they can retcon or pretend it didn't happen, but let's not pretend it did not fuck shit up. It pretty much was only concerned with sabotaging everything instead of any plot advancements.

At least now the rebellion is actually a rebellion. TFA was a little retarded in that regard.

fanservice wank is infinitely better than destroying the entire franchise like Rian Faggotson did

Why is he still pretending he ever liked Star Wars? It is so obvious that he didn't and doesn't. This reads so insincerely.

>fanservice wank is infinitely better than destroying the entire franchise like Rian Faggotson did
What JJ is doing doesn't qualify as fanservice, he's using imagery from the OT to turn it into a joke or something that belongs to women. Rogue One was fan servicing, TFA is something else

It's funny how this trilogy is playing out on a meta level

VII - rehash IV with a new cast
VIII - fuck all that shit from the past, destroy Kylo's helmet, destroy Anakin's lightsaber, kill off Snoke, Luke dies, Kylo literally pleads with Rey to start over
IX - let's return to the familiar, repair Kylo's helmet, repair Anakin's lightsaber, also: Palpatine

Rian Johnson is a hero

>destroys star wars
>goes back to work on a new movie like nothing happened
Rian Johnson is actually pretty based

She isn’t bearing anyone’s child user... haven’t you heard

I thank Rian for killing nu-Wars. TFA tricked a lot of people into buying its soulless rehash of ANH, but your absolute cinematic trash-terpiece snapped them out of the corporate trance.

I prefer fanservice wank over
>Eat the rich
>dumb white guys amirite?
>fuck you, just buy a ticket and don't watch it already!

t. rian johnson

>mixed in with some interesting scenes

STOP RIGHT THERE

it was whatever he could pull out of his ass quickly enough to meet the filming schedule.

I'm fucking shook so bad I'm starting to think maybe I was too hard on him. Fuck me.

The Last Jedi is piece of shit from start to finish, terrible screenplay/script, terrible direction. The only decent thing is cinematography, which is still better in Rogue One.