Mfw I honestly don't remember the last time I really enjoyed a modern film

>mfw I honestly don't remember the last time I really enjoyed a modern film

Attached: raSZ9aGJvgA.jpg (1280x692, 140K)

First Man was the last film I saw in theaters that left me satisfied. Not perfection, but still great.

Maybe get a better taste in women first

I do. Fantastic Beasts 1 (on a decent quality stream) because it was a genuinely naive 90s style kids movie, just like the first Harry Potter movie (and perhaps the second as well).

Then I actually went to the theatre with friends for FT2, big mistake, shit movie. Rowling is literally retarded and somebody else must have worked some magic to make FT1 what it is. It can't have been Rowling's idea beyond "the world of Harry Potter but, like, earlier".

>Fantastic Beasts
I could have done without the mating dance and I didn't care too much the lead actor, nor the poor cgi; Queenie and the fat man were the best parts

Attached: DDHinVE5TDQ.jpg (720x960, 171K)

Attached: 1548095554081.jpg (460x408, 27K)

Mad Max was the last cinematic satisfaction I had in a cinema.

Try watching actual films.

Attached: Under The Skin.mkv_snapshot_00.34.47_.jpg (1920x1038, 605K)

Did not care for that at all

Then first finish high school and then get actual taste.

Attached: zimna wojna_001.jpg (1437x1079, 407K)

Aliens need to harvest humans, Alien tries to experiance what humanity has to offer, Gets molested and burnt alive
As far as Hollywood sci-fi goes I guess it's there best attempt at something that wasn't an action film set in the future

God's Own Country is fantastic

>Under the Skin
>"Hollywood"
lmao

Attached: typical hollywood scene am i rite.webm (1200x648, 2.98M)

Blade Runner, and Sicario 2.

Oh, wow. A baby is left to fend for itself because the alien dosn't have a concept of maternal feelings or empathy, So deep

The point is that not a single Hollywood flick would ever have such a scene in it, it's the literal anti-thesis of a Hollywood flick.

Attached: Under The Skin.mkv_snapshot_00.37.30_.jpg (1920x1038, 217K)

It stars on "A list" Hollywood actress and was shown to a wide audience, That's Hollywood/mainstreme enough for me

lol that movie was dogshit and so tryhard quirky

>quirky

Not every mainstream film is automatically a Hollywood film, also calling it mainstream is severely pushing it since it literally only got 5 million in the box office.
Jonathan Glazer is the also the anti-thesis of Hollywood, if you ever saw anything else he ever made.

It's not like A list Hollywood actors are never in independent films. Matthew McConaughey in Mud. Gyllenhaal in Enemy.

yeah just like you for pretending to like it

Not that user but I saw it about 5 times now and I love it more every single time.

>Enemy
Finally, You name a good film. I would also consider that mainstream/hollywood