The leftovers

>season 1: solid kino, 9/10
>season 2: eh 6 or 7/10
>season 3: godawful 4/10
what went wrong

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-10-23h51m35s484.png (1280x720, 1.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fRyirVgs1yc
youtube.com/watch?v=NzakrA2NUpg
imdb.com/title/tt3631218/?ref_=m_ttep_ep_ep3
youtube.com/watch?v=FQQj2rQBFvA
youtube.com/watch?v=eHH_erAuGRk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

2deep4u

L I N D E L O F ' D

Lindelof L O S T syndrome

way too many nogs in season 2

Was her friend suppose to have a bigger role in the series?

Attached: sniff sniff.jpg (800x610, 66K)

she was supposed to get plowed by the cop

thanks for saving me the trouble

it could have been deep but they just went full retard instead

dude let the mystery be lmao bravo lindelof

I felt like she did but they never really brought it it.

Maybe it wasn't as great as I thought it was

Superior sister coming through

Attached: 6407667.jpg (640x1136, 46K)

what is this series about

Death and loss

ayy lmao

yeah but not thematically what is it literally about

2% of the worlds population mysteriously disappears and its about the people left over trying to deal with the situation

Lost 2 Jesus Boogaloo

I'm in love with her.

Attached: carrie.jpg (289x162, 11K)

is it ever unequivocally described as rapture?

only 2%?

yes they went way too hard on the religious shit instead of just having a solid mystery/drama

Ausfag here s3 was terrible I recognised the actors they all soap opera tier from our crummy shithole networks like abc and stuff
Only good one was the cop that got drowned at the start
Song line abbo stuff was on point rest sucked especially the boat episode with the tiger

what the fuck did you just say?

Yeah, I feel like it might have been more then 2%.

S2 wasn't bad. The guy killing himself and the kid talking about his magical experience were some of the most kino moments I've seen outside the theater

Oddly I didn't recognise any.
T. Ausfag also.

idk i thought thats what they said but i could be wrong

>watching aussie tv
lmao no thanks

>main black guy is a criminal that goes round burning houses and beating the shit out of people he doesn't like
>black daughter joins a creepy apocalyptic cult
>wife is a deaf invalid
>son is a christfag who doesn't BLACK Kevin's daughter
>grandfather is literally the magic negro who lives in an abandoned shack in the middle of nowhere.
Very problematic tbqh.

Nope it's 2%, at least in the show anyway. About 140 million people.

are you retarded?
>Season 1: 7, doesn't get good until Kevin kills Patty
>Season 2: 9.5, pure kino
>Season 3: 8. also kino

>season 1: 9/10
>season 2: 9/10
>season 3: 10/10

Are you serious?

dont forget that the criminal ends up shooting the main character and then becoming the exact thing that he was mad at before (con artist) and everyone just accepts it for some reason

grandfather was a pedo

because Laurie tricked and guilted him into thinking they were helping people

i almost see ther pusy!

are you?
what are you a christcuck or something? the show just got stupid in s2 and kept getting dumber over s3
s2 still had good moments and was interesting enough but its nothing compared to s1

It felt like it was a lot more.

you just don't have the heart or the brain to appreciate it
youtube.com/watch?v=fRyirVgs1yc

Season 1 was fantastic. One of the best seasons of a show I've seen.

JUST LET THE MYSTERY BE

i appreciated the priests story
why would you even say brain when it objectively got dumber from season 1 to season 2, they stopped bothering with ambiguity and just told you what was happening

well there is an extremely rare "triple legacy" main character

nothing

Attached: homewardbound.png (1280x720, 923K)

There's a reason
For the sunshine day
There's a reason
Why I'm feelin' so high

>when it objectively got dumber from season 1 to season 2
You are objectively retarded if you believe this.

Attached: 1550760124163.gif (412x384, 1.3M)

this was by the far the best scene of the whole series.

Attached: kino.png (1274x681, 1.48M)

Literally the best show of the 2010's

season 2 was by the far the best.

>explains the mystery box
Yeah, it's shit.

Holy shit youre a pleb. Lemme guess, you wanted answers spelled out to you and werent satisfied.

>youtube.com/watch?v=NzakrA2NUpg
Season 3 > Season 2 > Season 1

Attached: garvey.jpg (1296x730, 136K)

your low IQ is not my fault

did you not notice that s2 and s3 explicitly just tell you what is going on instead of leaving any mystery

All the best scenes were either Matt or Kevin related. But your one probably wins because it has both.
Honorable mention goes to:
Pushing Pattie down the well
Matt taking the guy's place in the stocks
Matt's talk with 'God' in s3
and Pic related of course.

Attached: justin-theroux-the-leftovers-hbo.png (900x506, 378K)

>barely explains anything
>user probably believes Nora's story is true
>completely disregarded Let the Mystery Be
user, it's okay to be a brainlet just keep your brainlet opinions to yourself

>objectively got dumber
>got more and more philosophical and abstract as the seasons went on

is it retardation?

WHAT DID THEY TELL YOU FAGGOT? what was explained? fuck you are an idiot

>too dumb to understand even when they spell it out for you
dont know why i bothered to post here
go back to watching your capeshit zoomer brainlet

>vlcsnap
lel

you have nothing you little dinked bitch
go back to capeshit

Based

>n-no u
epic comeback brosef you got me

>not using vlc
>2019

Attached: shiggynotsukai.jpg (250x250, 9K)

This is my alarm clock.

you're just shitposting since you're incapable of showing anything they explained in the show

are you actually begging me to explain the show to you?
lmao

you're making a retarded claim you seem incapable of backing up. what was explained? pretend as if I'm as dumb as you and need things explained to me because ambiguity is too boring for me

I like the dancing at the wedding scene best.

Attached: 2019-04-12 11.51.06.png (562x437, 287K)

we're done here retard
go watch the show again and stay off snapchat this time

>he believes Nora

Attached: 1532071098282.gif (200x133, 963K)

Nothing, they were all kino

Attached: 1542570793302.jpg (428x526, 57K)

So this show was what Lost would look like if Lost was garbage right?

It unambiguously retcons the randomness of the disappearances, which is literally the entire point of season 1. The entire show is about how it all happened for absolutely no reason at all. You didn’t understand the show if you think that needed to be explained.

>It unambiguously retcons the randomness of the disappearances, which is literally the entire point of season 1. The entire show is about how it all happened for absolutely no reason at all.
You seem to actually be a moron, and a faggot. The disappearances were never explained.

brainlet

Lol what the fuck are you talking about?

did you even watch the show?

Did you?

obviously i paid more attention than you

>mother dies and baby is rescued next to random river
>town built on that river has no disapperances
Either the writers violated the most fundamental rules of screenwriting, or that's an explanation.

indeed

Attached: The.Leftovers.S02E08.Well.webm (1200x676, 2.02M)

Then again, what are you talking about specifically, because keep in mind, there is such a thing as "lying".

great thread, you've managed to troll the 2 dozen people on Yea Forums who like The Leftovers

Attached: 1553992751733.gif (200x200, 2.9M)

Used to watch rake but yeah that season was shit especially the lame fart ending

i like the show too, it should just be watched as only 1 season though and the others should be forgotten

because they explain things you can't seem to explain in the thread, got it

im not gonna waste my time explaining the show to you if youre too dumb to understand
if you love it so much you can just rewatch it and try to figure it out, its not that hard

it really just seems like they never explained anything if you can't explain it either
sad!

That chick got completely naked in the final season

10 out of 10 you faggot OP

She's pretty but her awkward sister will always be best

It used to be ok
Rakes been shit longer than it's been good
Had to stop watching the latest season the writing was horse shit.
Coincidentally I watched Mr inbetween and loved it no sjw shit doesn't take it self so seriously and the mc is great

Season 1 is literally just setting up the characters for the infinitely superior seasons 2 and 3. Stop being contrarian.

>season 1: interesting mystery
>season 2 and 3: LOL JESUS PRAISE

Have you seen her feet?

Shes such a megathot its unattractive

she looks like she fucks Dominican guys

Based and Rainpilled

>t Albert Pujols

seething brainlets

It's literally all 10/10, pleb.

Is there any kino similar to LOST or the leftovers?

Attached: 1502205891796.png (800x1144, 748K)

can anyone explain why everyone was so offended that the priest may have fucked his wife while she was in a coma? whats the big issue with that

would you mind if I fucked you while you were in a coma?

not if i loved you and had married you prior to going into a coma

why not

Bruh

why would it bother me? whats the difference if im awake or not

Cause he said she was out the coma and nobody believed him.

exactly, so why would you have an issue with me fucking you

im not asking why the priest was upset, im asking why everyone was mad at him when they thought he might have done it

? did you misread
if i married someone then went into a coma i wouldnt care if they fucked me
sounds pretty normal, if i wasnt in a coma id be fucking them anyway

ask the police

no I didn't misread, you said "why would it bother me? whats the difference if im awake or not." inn response to me asking why it would bother you if I fucked you.

>trying to rationalize the erratic behavior of anti-rapists

nice try bootlicker
do you have an actual explanation or do you just do whatever the big man tells you

i already said it wouldnt bother me here

but im not married to you and I don't love you

then its not the same situation now is it

how? in either situation you don't know who is fucking you. you're not in the right state of mind to make decisions as to who should and shouldn't fuck you while you're in a coma.

by marrying you and banging you prior to going into a coma i have already established that i am comfortable with doing it
there is no reason to believe that me going into a coma would suddenly make me unwilling

>by marrying you and banging you prior to going into a coma i have already established that i am comfortable with doing it
how?

>there is no reason to believe that me going into a coma would suddenly make me unwilling
Then where is the will you aren't exerting while you're in your coma?

it is clear that you are being deliberately obtuse here

One of the characters exerts a lot of effort to argue that it was not the rapture, because a lot of shitty people got poof’d and a lot of decent/good people got hurt by the poofening.

The gist is no one is ever able to come up with a good explaination.

If you want to think that, that's fine. I just think you're UNWILLING to engage in the discussion.

Matt was doing God's work

is banging someone and marrying them not sufficient consent? why would going into a coma suddenly change that

Matt was Job.

Literally this.

Don't know why expected shit to gef answerd after LOST. Season 3 wasn't bad, they just didn't answer any of the fucking things that happened in the show.

The answer to the show is the first season (and book) were about the stages of grief and how no one ever really recovers from a loss. Lindelof did not understand this and just went full LOST for his two fanfiction seasons.

I thought they were going to go somewhere with the writing a new chapter of the Bible, but they literally just throw that storyline in the trash.

user they don't explain shit in season 3. Like what the fuck is the place where Kevin goes, why did everyone disapere, how did wayne take peoples pain away, how does Kevin see Patty, why is did no one dissapear from that one place, how did Kevin come back from being dead?

And the many other questions?

The ending scene is literally 10 straight minutes of a girl lying to herself and he lover about traveling to another dimension and seeing her ex-husband and children are apparently doing fine.
>this is supposed to be a recovery from loss

No.

>He hates season 3

Season 3 is the ultimate pleb filter

The place Kevin goes seems to be an actual purgatory or afterlife. Not a single departed person is there, only dead people. And everything from the Hotel World is reason considering the Australian guy went there.

season 2 was actually the best season, you fucking pleb

This. Any woman an 8 or above is going to be a thot 9/10. It's unnatractive

season 3 sucked man

your parents

You have the reading comprehension of a brown person.

Brainlet, you don't seem to understand the Leftovers.

Read more. The hotel is a “clever” take on the afterlife from Greek mythology.

>t. man who can barely read

The intent for that scene was for the viewer to have no real way of knowing whether or not nora was actually lying, and come up with their own answer (and debate endlessly). The problem is lindelof. He wasn’t able to actually write an actually ambiguous sequence, so the viewer is randomly deprived of information, and that is supposed to pass for ambiguity. Thus there isn’t enough information to spark actual debate.

The first season (and book) was written to only have one unknown, the poofening. Everything else is clear as day and the first season (and book) ends with no real resolution or recovery from the poofening, because the stages of grief are a bit faulty, as nothing is ever the same as time passes, and loss has a permanent and irrevocable effect on those left behind. This is what lindelof did not understand, and for his subsequent OC seasons, he just went full LOST mode and dropped mystery after mystery with no intention of resolving anything, thinking that is what the first season is about.

Jesus, what a retard

Best season desu
Every episode is kino

Based trips

Ending is kino and the OST is fucking amazing

That was the worst episode of the whole series

I like how it consolidates every version of “where is my mind” ever recorded in one album.

Why would you bring up the fact the book was about the inability to deal with grief and loss if you weren't trying to make a point that the show doesn't focus on that?

Attached: 1552345020614.gif (256x154, 1.65M)

The book was shit. Steven King kind of shit. 1st season sucked hardly because it follows the book.

Because the show is no longer about that once the lindelof OC starts.

Best episode comming through
imdb.com/title/tt3631218/?ref_=m_ttep_ep_ep3

I just watched the very first and last episodes last night. Skipped all of the bullshit between, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

But it literally IS about that, and the very last scene encompasses that.

Incorrect. Try reading .

Finally someone gets it right

>The intent for that scene was for the viewer to have no real way of knowing whether or not nora was actually lying
Except anyone with half a brain would realize a world with only 140 million people would be absolutely chaotic and wouldn't work. People wouldn't be manning the electrical grids and living in their homes. They would be scavenging for food and water, and supplies on a daily basis looking out for bandits and marauders.

The scene was illustrating that Nora needed to finally come to terms with her grief, and needed an explanation after not going through to the other side. She yelled "Stop!" It was also used to show the things Kevin had went through, and his almost impenetrable faith being enough to probably believe Nora because of his experiences and love for her.

I came to fap to slutty "highschool" girls
I stayed for the kino

s3>s1>s2

Friend, it’s a work of fiction, not a documentary. If the writers say something works, then it works. Period. The only thing in the show that indicates nora did not take a magical trip to 2% land is the fact the viewer is not shown her going. The viewer is also not shown if she pussies out. There isn’t enough information in the show to make a determination either way. What you’re gibbering about is pure headcanon based in your own opinions, and has nothing to do with the show.

sorry guy

she was lying, watch the episode again

S1 and S2 are equally good 10/10.

S3 was closer to an 8/10. Still better than 99% of tv shows.

learn what subtext is plz

>leftovers fan
>intellectual high ground

Pick one.

>Friend, it’s a work of fiction, not a documentary. If the writers say something works, then it works. Period.
You are actually stupid.

>man who can barely read mentions subtext.

The point you’re just far too dumb to grasp is lindelof wanted the series to be ambiguous. The fact you staunchly believe there is only one possible interpretation is just further proof he failed.

My maaaan

>I believe everything a character says

this

>man accused of illiteracy further proves the veracity of the accusation

This isn’t even sad anymore.

How much of New York’s population was 9/11?

>man who believes if a character says something, it's actually the writer saying something proves he's still stupid

So what country are you from? You're clearly ESL as fuck as you've proven time and again you're totally incapable of understanding even the most basic and painstakingly laid out argument, and will, instead, just make up totally random shit to cover the fact you literally can't read.

Mostly agree. Haven't watched the show in years so memory is vague.
>s1 10/10 kino. Very depressing & moody. I love all the weird cults that spring up and how everybody is processing it
>s2 3/10 shit. Started off promising by going to that sacred town. Buying the house was retarded. I remember the neighbour beef being retarded.
>s3 1/10 dogshit. Why both families are all friends? Fuck knows. The daughter is barely in it. Shitty vague dream episodes that make no sense.

And the ending, don't get me started on that shitty ending. I loved the mystery throughout the series but also liked how it was never really the main focus. But that ending was completely shite. I'd only watch up to season 1 and stop there

Your argument is literally "She must be telling the truth because the writers wrote it." How embarrassing. Never mind the fact you're so retarded you forgot Nora yells stop when she's in the machine.

1: 10/10
2: 10/10
3: 11/10

Don't @ me

Negro, read again. Slowly and carefully. Be sure to sound out every word.

This. The nigger prophet in season 1 was also shit. The show would have unironically been much better with an all white cast.

>no way of knowing
You simply think about her story and how ridiculous it is. Sorry nigger, you can use logic in this instance.
>i-its not a documentary... yo-you can't do that.... if the writers say something its true...

see I realize I'm asking you to understand a relationship between multiple ideas, which is always hard for brown people.

i will @ you to agree with your superior taste

one of my favorite series. too bad OP is one of those people that like first seasons more because they are comfty and stationary. Like network sitcoms. Its okay for characters to evolve, for narrative to shift and for shit to hit the fan.

Attached: hang_yourself.webm (1280x714, 2.58M)

You're too stupid to discuss this show with, as the other user also pointed out.

your argument is everything that happened in back to the future had to be a dream, delusion, or hallucination, because time travel is not physically possible.

at least u tried with 289 x162 jpg

Attached: Nora_Hugs_Wayne.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

My point is there is nothing to discuss. Your attempt to counter this is to construct an opposing strawman, call it stupid, and present your headcanon as fact.

>time travel
What are you even going on about?

Attached: 1554465086409.gif (280x211, 1.92M)

I'm applying your "this couldn't work in the real world" argument to an IP that is built entirely around something totally impossible.

There is a lot to discuss, but it's always safe for the brainlet to drone on and on about "We don't know, the writers made this clear." As if we can't use our knowledge of humanity and how finely tuned civilization is and what it takes for it to fall. A world with 140 million people doesn't work like Nora's explanation, and it doesn't work regardless if you believe the writers intended for you to think its a possibility.

It's not a possibility.

Those two things are not related at all. The show is about mystery and spirituality. We're shown the Hotel World and given direct evidence for it being real, and the characters who venture to it are actually experiencing it.

The afterlife is not impossible. What's verifiably impossible is civilization working with 140 million people on the entire planet.

Wayne: Who will finish all of The Leftovers TM on HBO?

what did Lindelof mean by this?

Attached: Fucking_the_dad.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

>x can't be true because it isn't possible in the real world!
>he says, about a show built around a totally impossible occurrence.

At this point all that's keeping me feeding you (you)s is morbid curiosity on how deep your stupidity can possibly go.

Back to the future was brought up specifically because it's about using technobabble to travel in an impossible manner. Which is quite obviously related to nora's storyline. But oh shit, because you can't read, you think I'm saying nora was telling the truth, when my argument the entire time is lindelof intended to force ambiguity by omitting information, and failed, which you are proving by the fact you think your headcanon is valid.

>he says, about a show built around a totally impossible occurrence
hmmm, mind proving that for me real quick?

everyone is still here

>this nigga actually thinks its possible for 2% of humanity to just randomly vanish

I was thinking you were a spic earlier, now its clear you have to be an indian. Remember, the poo goes into the loo.

I don't get it

Attached: pop_tart.webm (960x540, 2.92M)

That doesn't prove anything. Explain to me how this is an impossible occurrence.

>this nigga actually thinks it's possible for something to appear from literally nothing
Sorry, existence is strange. Now are you going to explain to me how it's impossible? What if God did it?

Attached: 1547876000379.jpg (327x468, 104K)

Conservation of mass, my incredibly stupid friend.

Has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

>what went wrong
you have terrible taste, but its surprising noone tbqh

>just finished season 1 and loving it
>find this thread

Attached: 1547592502592.jpg (695x687, 52K)

Dang, Kevin looks like that?

Attached: justintherouxstepsoutwithmodelerikacardenas.jpg (1616x2000, 1.86M)

then how did it happen in the show

Oh nevermind I just saw all the replies calling OP a retard. Haven't seen any spoilers yet, gonna bow out of this thread before I ruin anything.

Attached: 1530909504849.jpg (552x594, 25K)

>people vanishing without a trace into thin air has nothing to do with conservation of mass

Attached: shit.png (498x497, 277K)

Because the writers said it did.

And this is impossible... why? Who is to say our potential creator couldn't have the ability to do that? Who's to say extra-dimensional beings if they exist don't have that power?

Do you believe in God or the potentiality for God to exist?

God isn't real, dude.

Prove it.

Imagine this show being on network tv like lost?
>forced romance
>forced humor segment
>more product integration

Attached: d17eee8d7d764b3ad3d2fc9a67c804c5.jpgI.jpg (1247x1428, 257K)

So, I guess, thanks for revealing the fact the core of your idiocy is belief in the skydaddy.

I never said I believe in a creator, nor do I know for sure there is or isn't one. But keep ignoring what I'm saying, you're doing a good job at it.

So you gonna provide proof that all-powerful beings don't exist? Is there an evolutionary limit to beings in the entire universe?

>yfw you can't erase your memory and watch this fresh again

Attached: the-leftovers-poster-1.jpg (1621x2400, 1.02M)

>But keep ignoring what I'm saying
... that is pretty funny coming from you, my impossibly stupid friend.

Again unwilling to engage. It's been fun, my euphoric atheist friend.

mfk?

Marry Kevin
Fuck Nora
Kill the cripple

Attached: theleftovers-finale-1.jpg (2479x3600, 2.81M)

I've stated my arguments. You've ignored them and tried to have a completely different debate, repeatedly.

youtube.com/watch?v=FQQj2rQBFvA

Attached: christopher_eccleston.jpg (768x433, 45K)

>a contrarian on Yea Forums
how surprising

You've also stated it's impossible for this event to happen, and your evidence is the "fact" that all-powerful beings don't exist when we both know that isn't a fact at all.

Are you addressing me?

;_;

Walk into the forest and see this..what do?

Attached: the-leftovers-justin-theroux-ann-dowd.jpg (3900x2749, 3.36M)

negro, if you're going to say its possible for 2% of the human population to vanish, violating the law of conservation of mass, because God, then its also possible for human society to function, somewhat, with only 2% of humanity, also, because God. Because once you throw God into the equation, feasibility is utterly irrelevant.

So you're basically invalidating your own original argument, and you're too dumb to realize it.

Do a 360 and walk away.

light up a smoke and flick it in her fat face

Australia looks like that?

Attached: the-leftovers-season-3-scott-glenn.jpg (5184x3456, 3.76M)

Fucking wiggers should be gassed.

It's Damon lindleloff doing what he do
Didn't have a book to copy hence why it immediately went to shit in s2 and worse in s3

Liv was surprisingly tolerable

Attached: liv-t.jpg (3600x2395, 1.56M)

Except the question then becomes does God directly intervene in human affairs to the point he would effectively be propping up Nora's fantasy world? Uncertain, but highly improbable given the state of the world today and the history of the Judea-Christian Lord post death of Christ. No, I'm not too dumb to realize you think I'm invaliding my argument, in fact I saw this post coming 20 minutes ago. Nothing has been invalidated. I'm trying to think of a scenario where an electrical grid works in a town with a couple hundred people, and how those people protect themselves after coming home from the office with their single co-worker. But then maybe the sudden departure happened because God wanted a select few of humanity to live in a new world so he could hold their hands and pull all the levers to make sure the television still works.

But ultimately Nora's story isn't true because she tells the scientists to stop when she's in the dimensional traveling ball, so the discussion ends there.

There's nothing to question once you throw God into the equation. Literally anything God wants to happen does happen. Period.

And this simply cannot be true because as you said, God isn't real. Period. He doesn't exist and there is no explanation needed.

You're the one who threw God into this, bro. So all you've done there is concede just about all points.

>it's a Liv shows her pussy and beautiful bush episode

Jesus Christ Arwen, you are an elf...act like one

Attached: 1527185745393.gif (200x125, 500K)

no idea how many times i listened to this song after that episode

Its fiction bro. God can be real in fiction without being real in reality.

From the perspective of God being an impossibility, can you then explain to me how civilization stuff functions with 6.9 billion people ceasing to exist? The street lights work and Nora's family is happy to be the 2% of people who didn't vanish from their town?

I threw God into this because it's an obvious idea of how something so improbable occurred, exactly like how improbable it must be for there to be something rather than nothing. We're here after-all, and why is that? I don't know.

God can also be real in reality without him being real in a piece of fiction.

Attached: Liv_Tyler.webm (1400x1080, 2.42M)

At this point it seems like you're just desperate for attention. Because now you're arguing that, in a fictional work, there exists no entity with absolute and total control over everything that happens. So you're arguing that, in fiction, the author doesn't exist.

What would you wish for Yea Forums?

Attached: DgQqYQpUwAAEfOY.jpg (672x416, 25K)

What did he say to Kevin?

oh god yes, elf pussy

Attached: 1547142604678.jpg (500x669, 55K)

Granted

This

Attached: la-et-st-leftovers-20170713.jpg (2048x1367, 423K)

Not enough

God always exists in fiction. Because no piece of fiction exists without an author.

and what did Kevin wish for?
I forgot

youtube.com/watch?v=eHH_erAuGRk
black guys
her sister fucks asians

Attached: 1550305509598.jpg (731x1024, 298K)

Open to interpretation, his family back imo

what the fuck is jon lescaf doing in leftovers

Attached: MV5BYWU2NjlkMTYtNDIzMy00YjcxLTgxNGQtMGY1NDNhMmJkNGE0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzM4MjM0Nzg@.jpg (1040x1368, 197K)

lindelof is a hack

At this point I'm trying to get you to explain how Nora could have possibly been telling the truth. If this
>Friend, it’s a work of fiction, not a documentary. If the writers say something works, then it works. Period.
>The only thing in the show that indicates nora did not take a magical trip to 2% land is the fact the viewer is not shown her going.
is you, you're still not explaining how it could even be a possibility from your perspective, even when we're shown she does pussy out and yells "Stop!"

Maybe the reason she yelled stop was because she was scared of dying, and maybe she even thought the machine wouldn't work because we were previous shown multiple times that Nora has something wrong with her when it comes to using electronic devices. That doesn't matter as far as how deep we are in this discussion, since we're really just talking about the improbability of civilization working without 98% of every other human being. Maybe God makes everything work. Maybe everything just works. Maybe Nora is lying, which there is more than enough evidence to go with.

Regardless of the fact if I believe in God or not, I don't put too much weight into God when it comes to this series. What I do put weight into is evidence, and logical deduction. Kevin in the Hotel is verifiably true, I know that much, and I also understand that the Hotel World is not a mirror image of our world because many things are different about it, water for instance. The Australian guy was in the Hotel, we know that for a fact. People other than Kevin and the Australian have ventured there. We know that's true. Nora's story has zero supporting evidence, coupled with the improbability of civilization working as she said it would and the fact she says it's practically a mirror universe. Also just think about Nora's character, she's almost a pathological liar.

Does Robert De Niro exist in Taxi Driver? What if he met Travis Bickle?

>drama
>fantasy
seems like a garbage show for teenager girls. why you guys watch it again? i bet it's about nice friendly african americans and their relationships with various white women.

oh ok ok.
Makes sense.

I agree for the most part but I'd knock 2.5 points off your score for each season.
The only thing that made it worth watching was the priests performance.

Attached: qualley ticks.webm (790x1080, 2.47M)

>Divorce Jennifer Aniston
>Mid life crisis
>Pretend to like hip hop and start fucking a stable of young black teens

Could have gone worse honestly

kill yourself pleb

Again, this debate is pointless because the intent of the sequence was to spark debate. If they had shown nora getting poof’d by the machine, literally everything you’re saying is totally irrelevant. Because she’d be in a world where 98% of people poof’d. If they’d shown nora screaming the bailout word, literally everything I’m saying would be irrelevant, because it would be inarguable that she’s lying. The reality is the sequence specifically omits the information necessary to make an accurate determination, and all that remains is headcanon. The sequence was specifically consturucted to create an unanswerable question. They failed, and you’re proving they failed. Literally every argument you can come up with to support your headcanon just reinforces the fact the sequence is inarguably unambiguous.

It’s funny how clearly beyond your intellectual capacity that idea was.

>the debate is pointless
>you're believing in nothing but headcanon
>Nora could possibly be telling the truth
>you're intellectual capacity is nowhere near mine
Got it. I'm retarded, I didn't understand the show and God doesn't exist.

Except the whole of LOST was pure kino because the whole cast was amazing.

Your attempt at wit just further underlined how utterly out of your depth you are.

The author is god, the author specially constructed a sequence with no valid answer, because there isn’t enough information to go either way.

Now your penis, please, sir.

Attached: biometric penis scanner.jpg (1920x1080, 315K)

>The author is god
I get the retarded idea you're trying to display, but let me again remind you of Nora's character. A consistent liar, and emotionally damaged individual who has looked for nothing but any form of closure she could get her hands on. This same woman for reasons unknown doesn't work well with technology, which was shown more than once the same episode. Let me also remind you she clearly says the beginning of the word "Stop!" as the water reaches her head in the machine.
I don't know if you understand this, but your intentions on what you may think is true or not true about the world you're creating as an artist, in terms with ambiguity, falls out of your hands for very reason of being ambiguous. And the only natural reaction of people is to fill in the blanks and poke holes into things that don't make sense. Like the fact the world is just happy go lucky with only a handful of people on it. So happy in fact, Nora's family are living out their seemingly ordinary lives in the exact same home with a replacement Nora. But not only that, Nora was surprised to see the lights work, and for good reason. The kind of picturesque scene a grieving mother and wife would want to imagine her ex-husband and kids are living in, and say not another idea a character proposed: that the departed could be floating in space for all they know.

More than enough evidence to suggest the woman is lying, despite the belief you think the writers intended this to be a 50/50 split, either or. You're confused, he didn't created a sequence with no valid answer. He created a sequence.

Another point too, as far as I've read and watch, Lindeoff doesn't say it's an ambiguous. Really what he's said was "I want to believe her." Very deliberate choice of words.

Attached: 1484724854291.webm (430x640, 2.94M)

So you’re saying the author does not have total control over a work of fiction...

They absolutely do not have total control.

He said that because you are correct, there is a greater indication she is lying than not in the final product. But coming out and just saying the intent is ambiguity causes people to just drop all debate or interest in debate. Lindelof knows this. His goal was to be remembered for this pile of shit. Not to actually say anything, because the man has proven time and again he has nothing to say.

You’re approaching this exchange like it’s x vs y. When it is not. You are pushing your headcanon of a very badly written series and I’m calling you a moron for getting invested into the series at all. For after the first season, it was nothing but lindelof’s standard masturbatory garbage.

Oh.

Feel free to elaborate on that incredibly retarded claim.

Attached: 1540485414008.png (1200x747, 609K)

Long Schlong confirmed

As gracious a concession as I could hope for.

I already accepted yours ever since you've failed to show me how in fact Nora isn't the bullshitting cunt we all know and want to fuck.

it's a deliberate choice of words to make you feel like it's more interesting than it actually is. whoa man a character im writing did this and im not sure if its a lie or shes telling the truth. thats like so amazing bro omg.
that is sticking your head up on your own ass and staring in amazement at your own shit.

Oh.

so they were all in purgatory?

Which one?

How different would The Leftovers be if they cast Rainey as Jill instead?

Attached: 1536028483341.jpg (933x1162, 91K)

Please read . Be sure to sound out the words!

more episodes of peep show plz

>vlcsnap

There is no ambiguity when there are mountains of evidence against he story. Read that carefully.

This.

Official intro song ranking is

2>1

I liked it for the same reason I liked Lost, the emotional scenes were fantastic and gave you a real connection to the characters.

Lindelof can't wrap a story up for shit but he does take you on a fantastic journey, it's just a shame that the journey invariably ends with the car driving into a brick wall.

Nora's story is completely false. The only way you believe is if you're a mouth breathing brainlet. It simply doesn't make any sense.
Combine this with her screaming stop. I mean c'mon.

Season 3 was kino until it got to the ending. What the fuck was that?

I love this man.

Attached: 2014-07-13-leftovers.jpg (950x534, 59K)

So what you’re really saying is you can’t read.

Going one way or the other and failing to recognize how that entire sequence was a complete failure of writing is the mark of low IQ.

whys she so perfect bros

What I'm telling you is there is no ambiguity.

What I am telling you is ambiguity was the intent, and you’re proving it failed.

despite all the arguing, i think at least we can all agree that holy wayne was the best character

Yeah maybe the intent was to catch a few retards actually believing Nora out of anyone in the series.

Negro, if everyone was supposed to think nora was lying, why cut away before she says stop? Why do that entire storyline at all? Why say something as insipid as “I’d like to belief her!”

The series is garbage and lindelof is a total hack who thinks ignoring narrative structure is good writing.

leftovers fans can't solve this

Attached: images[1].jpg (181x278, 10K)

Carrie Coon is a literal angel sent from heaven to bless us all with her presence on this mortal realm

Attached: carriecoonmakeup.jpg (970x647, 62K)

the pen is jesus

>Coon
i bet she fucks black guys

50/50
I'm either right, or I'm wrong.

None of the answers are correct. So you're always wrong.

no im right

Sure but you can say that about any show or movie or literally anything else.