Will it go back to the future?

Will it go back to the future?

Attached: bttf.jpg (960x960, 130K)

It would. Doc could have just used a stationary engine without the need of a car.

Yes

why not just put it in neutral?

The read on the speedometer would still be 88 so yes

no

Car needs to actually be moving forwards and not stationary. Otherwise, it would never reach the wormhole in front of it.

Attached: Delorean.jpg (1014x540, 74K)

its not moving at 88mph though is it, it isnt moving at all

Needs to be moving. Treadmill won't work.

There's a moment at the end of BTTF2, where the DeLorean is struck by lightning and it goes back to 1885.

It seemingly does this from a stationary position, but if you notice it still makes fire trails in the sky in a pattern that looks like 66, implying that it reached 88 mph by spinning in a loop very quickly.

They just needed to move the needle on the odometer to 88mph.

We don't know since the mechanism isn't explained. If it's just a matter of getting the drivetrain up to speed then yes; if it's a matter of getting the car physically moving through the world at that speed then no.

It would catch fire.

>needle
>odometer

Attached: 1519011155876.jpg (208x206, 9K)

speedometer.
I'll show myself out

Attached: gggg.png (752x1062, 650K)

>getting the car physically moving through the world
Relative to what? Earth? Because it most likely is moving through space with Earth and the Sun at a speed orders of magnitude faster.

>Relative to what?
Another question we don't know.

>Relative to what?
To itself obviously.

Will it work now?

Attached: truck.jpg (2146x1231, 239K)

Does anyone know the inter-relationship of the wheel rotation, momentum of the vehicle and the mechanics of the flux capacitor?
I feel like and are missing things in relation to the inner workings of the mechanical.

How about now...

Attached: 21011-16.jpg (500x371, 39K)

what about now?

Attached: truck2.jpg (2146x1231, 238K)

No
Yes
Yes

Again, if the flux capacitor is some kind of inertialess drive, then that won't work.

but they're both going 88mph

Hmmmmm...

Attached: 264.jpg (2146x1231, 243K)

Yeah, I don't know enough about flux capacitors to argue against that. I wish there was a technical breakdown of the flux capacitor.

That ones tricky