Seriously, Yea Forums. How the fuck was this guy among the biggest stars in the 80s?

Seriously, Yea Forums. How the fuck was this guy among the biggest stars in the 80s?

I can't wrap my head around it (and that women honestly found him cuddly and sexy). He's just so bland and average. Enough so, I'm really having trouble describing him any better. He's just banal. Dull. Watery. Run of the mill. Ordinary. Boilerplate. There's not a lot to him. He's just there with little impact or impression on what he does. Hell, the second I take my offs of the screen is the second I immediately forget that average face of his. He's as mundane and hackneyed as they come. The only thing I've seen him in that left anything meaningful was The Day After, and his only benefit from it was being a damn good movie.

God damn, this guy's trite.

Attached: steve-guttenberg.jpg (798x1000, 88K)

Stonecutters

Clearly his best role was short circuit

That’s not how you spell cocoon

charisma.

To be honest, your entire post can be summarized with just 5 words:
>I am a beta male

>not 3 Men with a Baby
Plebians

He's handsome and charming and Jewish and you really don't need more than that to become an actor

Attached: steve_Guttenberg.jpg (300x393, 16K)

Of the male stars in the 1980s, Guttenberg was the most beta. It was part of his charm, as effeminate men were popular in the Pre-Reagan days.

Lol, no.

Okay, fair enough. He's attractive, sure. But bring that charm to about 50% at best, and that's Guttenberg for you.

Youre right id forgotten about him entirely but he was everywhere once.
Dependable everyman?
Also surprisingly more in shape than i realised.

Guttenberg's stardom overlapped almost exactly with Reagan's tenure in office, if anything it was the post-Reagan era when 'new man' syndrome became mainstream

You're right though, he was a clear counter-offering to Schwarzenegger, Ford and Murphy at the time

Nah, the guy brought a lot of sincerity and charm to his roles. He was able to pull off those everyman likeable-by-default characters with ease

Attached: Mn3jT4s.jpg (1500x797, 264K)

>not splash
Disgusting

based

Attached: johnny5gold.jpg (843x459, 254K)

>How the fuck was this guy among the biggest stars in the 80s?
Steve Jew-tenberg.

Americans are fatter than ever nowadays

Even worse, Jamie Lee Curtis was a star. That ugly fucking tranny. Also Molly Ringwald aka the plain jane off-the-street basic bitch who somehow became a movie star.

JLC had the body of a marble cut goddess, her face is just plain average.
I never understood Uma Thurman's appeal however.

Joy, another "Why aren't other people autistic?" post.

Dummy, you stated it yourself - he was bland. You could take your parents to a movie he was in. That's $$$.

>I never understood Uma Thurman's appeal
It's called having 10/10 boobies

Attached: uma_tits.jpg (400x395, 65K)

(((Guttenberg)))
if you tell women something is sexy, they will act as it is

You must have never heard of High Spirits

I never got the appeal of this guy. It always looked like he just got out of bed came to the shoot and shrugged his way through every part. What made him so hilarious?

Attached: ssss.jpg (1285x2048, 983K)

bullshit, I never noticed they were that big.

all of what you said applies to paul rudd and it's not just women but inexplicably to me, supposed edgleord contrarian cunts from here, who find him 'nice' and 'how can you not like paul rudd??'

tfw always confuse him with tom hanks

this guy did too

She's a 36C but they are perfectly shaped

Attached: uma_thurman_boobies_02.jpg (400x300, 61K)

I thought everybody knew.

Attached: stonecutters.gif (245x184, 499K)

Attached: 20190412_142331.jpg (93x84, 10K)

Attached: kushana_by_otenba_bekki-d53rfpl.jpg (800x759, 135K)

FPBP

Attached: Cheers.gif (348x323, 2.32M)