Kino moments in Television history

Kino moments in Television history.

>Post the iconic kino moments

Attached: Jon bob.webm (1920x1080, 2.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=74A7kFuh48E
youtube.com/watch?v=POdknqszMDY
youtu.be/J9neFAM4uZM
youtube.com/watch?v=e83qhjmGu0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=MlNz-tF42QQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oodTuhaLYpU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cannae
youtu.be/w7KFfbjg3Iw
youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM
youtube.com/watch?v=SU1Ej9Yqt68
youtu.be/fWk-SelJroA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>a fucking manlet

i don't even remember what happens next

Don't bullshit...

>throws away his parrying dagger.
>holds sword like baseball bat.

Attached: 37172241.jpg (547x972, 118K)

>He doesn't use his sword to parry a charging horse
>He doesn't teleport behind Ramsay and stab him with his dagger
Who writes this garbage?

Attached: 1548485604288.png (1920x800, 2.33M)

youtube.com/watch?v=74A7kFuh48E

Attached: ImpressiveGrandIslandcanary-poster.jpg (480x368, 10K)

same

Attached: Previously on.png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

in his defense, he wasn't planning on surviving.

>Charging without spears or lances

Attached: kotm-mash-blake-full.jpg (950x534, 62K)

This scene is better than any scene in post 2010 television

Attached: 864C759B-14E7-4462-B5CC-18ABD26608FD.jpg (620x349, 18K)

I usually am shit with remembering episodes from years ago but not for this one apparently. In this scene I do recall Snow's troops showing up right behind him, them getting slaughtered and surrounding as they suffocate, and then Littlefinger's army shows up to save the day. Ramsey retreats, has a short fight with Snow and then Sansa feeds Ramsey to his dogs. That's like one of 5 things I remember from the whole series since I don't obsess over the show once I watch an episode.

everything about this battle is dumb.

pic unrelated?

>charges cavalry in first
ok there is precedent for this, your superior cavalry force can beat theirs and gain total tactical dominance of the battlefield. If the infantry don’t run after that, they will once we charge in from all si-
>sacrifices his bigger cav force to destroy a smaller one with archers that are as effective as an MG42 for some reason
oh ok so say goodbye to the tactical advantage, shooting all your most expensive and fastest troops, all the lords and knights, managing to even out a fight you would have won through sheer numbers anyway, that’s pretty dumb and that whole arrows being as effective as guns thing is pretty common in shows I guess it’s not too-
>literal ridiculous fucking impossible pile of bodies that was based on a WW1 battle which included MG42s and rifles and artillery and grenades and barbed wire and all sorts of horrifically deadly shit that is necessary to actually create a pile of bodies like that, and even under those conditions it would take weeks for a pile like that to form
Ok, these circumstances are ridiculous, but I’m willing to suspend disbelief for se-
>Ramsay charges the infantry in with no archer support now that they’ve apparently run out of ammo killing their own men
oh so he’s a dumbass, Jon can actually win. clearly now the light infantry and archers on Jon’s side have a huge maneuverability advantage over the heavy infant-
>heavy infantry outmaneuver light infantry and surround them with no attempts to counter this, literally just stand there and watch.
Ok this is just fucking retarded just send the giant to literally tackle his way through their lines and break throu-
>giant just stands there and gets stabbed
why does that giant have a shield or a weapon or someth-
>picks up a tiny shield and flings it around instead of using it to push through
I can’t take any more of this stupid bu-
>flimsy-ass shield wall with only 1(ONE) tank of spears manages to actually accomplish anything
fuck me

Attached: EE4BA9C9-5272-4B31-8E7A-8FE4EACCB1EF.jpg (919x720, 59K)

that battle was most disappointing thing in that season especially how they hyped it whole time

Based Total War autist

name ONE (1) scene more EPIC than this

youtube.com/watch?v=POdknqszMDY

DUDE WE HAVE RESERVES LMAO

Attached: Braveheart-DI-1[1].jpg (1330x748, 813K)

youtu.be/J9neFAM4uZM

>a WW1 battle which included MG42s

Attached: Screenshot_20180804-200640.png (1280x720, 538K)

I knew it as soon as I typed it

Attached: D49ACE7D-C211-4FF1-B837-077D9443E32E.jpg (500x271, 36K)

Attached: 48.png (590x559, 214K)

WHY DIDNT I FORM A SQUARE
aaaaaaggghhhhhhhhhh

Attached: 3623FE20-DD4A-40E0-B5CA-12C4A3DB32EA.png (591x544, 527K)

>He doesn't use his sword to parry a charging horse
How about throwing the dagger at the unarmored chest of the horse... making it rear up/trip or fall in pain... creating a mass collision and thus an opening?

Attached: 64g.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

Your criticisms are all valid and fair. I would suggest though that this battle was more of just an interpretation of the characters though
>Ramsay is ebil and will kill his own troops to win
>wildlings are actually like real people, just full of bravado (they don’t know shit about actual warfare, as evidenced)
>Ramsay knows this and is cocky
Realistically speaking, what happened is dumb as you’ve pointed out. But it literally just reinforces everyone’s character. Plus the imagery was entertaining and spooky and fuck you if you say otherwise.

Based

Classic rookie mistake, not parrying a full blown cavalry charge

I'm 6'2 and literally have never had any problem with guys shorter than me. my tall friends are the same way. someone who's constantly whining about manlets is probably a manlet themselves honestly.

Stop

Does it reinforce the point of Jon being a fucking moron and letting his emotions get the best of him ruining whatever plan everyone had thought of the night before with him and throw it away because he let Ramsay taunt him like everyone told him he was going to do?
Seriously. And then they build him as this great General and fantastic Leader to his people. This scene failed in everything except being a dumb, fun battle scene.

>based on a WW1 battle which included MG42s and rifles and artillery and grenades and barbed wire

thank you for finally explaining why that scene frustrated me so much

youtube.com/watch?v=e83qhjmGu0Y

pure ancient kino

What the fuck are you doing here, Scipio.

Oh yeah, I forgot the episode where the nights watch practices throwing daggers at charging horses.

I can’t, and I fear I never will as long as I live

Attached: 2DAC0212-9D75-44DF-86AB-20B8A501F7EB.gif (500x311, 447K)

Are you a proponent believer of weak front but strong wings or reinforced tip with thin wings?

Attached: Wedge-Formation-advantage.jpg (1043x704, 74K)

>According to Plutarch, Cato attempted to kill himself by stabbing himself with his own sword, but failed to do so due to an injured hand. Plutarch wrote:

>Cato did not immediately die of the wound; but struggling, fell off the bed, and throwing down a little mathematical table that stood by, made such a noise that the servants, hearing it, cried out. And immediately his son and all his friends came into the chamber, where, seeing him lie weltering in his own blood, great part of his bowels out of his body, but himself still alive and able to look at them, they all stood in horror. The physician went to him, and would have put in his bowels, which were not pierced, and sewed up the wound; but Cato, recovering himself, and understanding the intention, thrust away the physician, plucked out his own bowels, and tearing open the wound, immediately expired

Attached: 15615425.jpg (300x300, 12K)

Hes likley 6'0 with shoes and being "tall" is his only accomplishment.

Take out Emilia's scenes, it's a good ep really. GOT should have ended here.

hammer and anvil

oblique order is also pretty good

>Does it reinforce the point of Jon being a fucking moron and letting his emotions get the best of him
I mean, that has happened at least a dozen times in the story thus far. So, yes?

I walked out of the theater immediately after this

otho was more based
he killed himself after losing a battle during the year of the 4 emperors to prevent civil war, some of his soldiers were said to have leapt onto his funeral pyre and killed themselves

>Having therefore advised his brother, his nephew, and his friends one by one to look out each for his own safety as best they could, he embraced and kissed them all and sent them off. Then going to a retired place he wrote two notes, one of consolation to his sister, and one to Nero's widow Messalina, whom he had intended to marry, commending to her his corpse and his memory. Then he burned all his letters, to prevent them from bringing danger or harm to anyone at the hands of the victor. He also distributed what money he had with him among his servants.

> When he had thus made his preparations and was now resolved upon death, learning from a disturbance which meantime arose that those who were beginning to depart and leave the camp were being seized and detained as deserters, he said 'Let us add this one more night to our life" (these were his very words), and he forbade the offering of violence to anyone. Leaving the door of his bedroom open until a late hour, he gave the privilege of speaking with him to all who wished to come in. After that, quenching his thirst with a draught of cold water, he caught up two daggers, and having tried the point of both of them, put one under his pillow. Then closing the doors, he slept very soundly. When he at last woke up at about daylight, he stabbed himself with a single stroke under the left breast; and now concealing the wound, and now showing it to those who rushed in at his first groan, he breathed his last and was hastily buried (for such were his orders) in the thirty-eighth year of his age and on the ninety-fifth day of his reign.

Attached: otho.jpg (367x552, 45K)

Based and Romepilled
youtube.com/watch?v=MlNz-tF42QQ

Attached: 1525574643209.jpg (334x334, 88K)

Alexander go and stay go.

How do people survive fighting on the front line long enough to become veterans and officers?

Attached: larry.gif (312x176, 2.47M)

depends on the era but usually the former

faggot

the majority of people in battle survive
most of them time, a lot are wounded and their buddies get scared and retreat
armor was a lot stronger than it is portrayed in movies

Dumb luck

Believe it or not, most of the deaths occur during a rout, not during the clash of forces.

Twin peaks spoilers

Attached: 2245986E-7C75-4FB8-8AC6-2FA7896D43AB.gif (500x260, 1.49M)

If they're lucky they only fight against retards.

most battles aren't bloodbaths, even back then. you fought for a few minutes and then one army breaks and runs away, maybe 10% of your forces or less were killed. This is true even in the age of guns where you'd think every battle would be a massive bloodbath. there were battles in the napoleonic war that saw over 40,000 men fighting but had less than 2000 casualties. Morale is a fucking huge factor and any good general will retreat if he doesn't like whats about to happen.

Return was 18 hour long moment of television history.

Why did ancient armies stop using phalanxes? Were they just tired of seeing armies push at each other for a whole day?

also this, most "casualties" are just wounded soldiers who recover and can fight again.

13!!!

Attached: 894.gif (320x245, 865K)

lmao glad i stopped watching this dogshit after season 4

Attached: limmys_dad.jpg (757x1030, 68K)

I think coming back to life after being stabbed to death fucked him up a bit. He's more reckless with his life.

No need for the sarcastic quote marks, becoming casualty just means being unable to fight
It's not a creative interpretation of the term or anything, it's what casualty means

Terrain and mobility

If you’re referring to the Hellenistic pike phalanxes then it only works on good terrain and can’t handle being flanked and takes too long to set up, all things a Roman legion will take advantage of. They came back into fashion during the age of pike and shot because muskets and cannons being integrated into the formation compensated for its weaknesses.

>62 replies
>still no BLACKED scene

Will it ever be topped?

Attached: 6818a71eb2d42d2ad136c4b9f8b95716.jpg (1280x699, 321K)

The same reason why armies don't charge anymore.
Tactics evolve to beat older tactics, as for the phalanx it was unmaneuverable and prone to falling apart once someone tickles its flank.

What is the most kino scene?

Phalanx is the ancient Greek battle formation. Sure, Swiss pikes were pretty much the same but that doesn't mean the term applies to them

Attached: lesbian action movie.webm (916x515, 2.77M)

Attached: walking dead deer.webm (1280x720, 1.19M)

phalanx were only good for fighting other phalanx and shit armies

carthaginians hired greek mercenaries to mold their early army and btfo the romans with good terrain and elephants

hannibal btfo the romans cause he used mostly heavy infantry with roman equipment as well as superior cav

once the romans came around though heavy infantry replaced pikes

>any good general will retreat if he doesn't like whats about to happen
But if the majority of casualties occur during a rout why would you rout?

Attached: 1527449458754.jpg (400x323, 25K)

So no one before the Romans ever thought of flanking? I guess it always seems obvious in hindsight
Like that time Hannibal won by having the sun in his back and beating the enemy flanks

is this the next tom cruise

youtube.com/watch?v=oodTuhaLYpU

what in the fuck

Who's the brunette qt on the right? I'm not (only) asking cause I wanna fap to her but because I've definitely seen her before and it's gonna drive me nuts all day

you cycle the guys on the frontline and if someone gets injured they get pulled back and replaced
it wasnt like movies where everything breaks down into a bunch of 1v1 duels to the death

retreating doesn't mean you were fully engaged, it can take days for two armies to actually clash with each other.

Before Alexander cavalry didn't really exist, they just scouted and fought other cavalry, the Phalnx was also incredibly disciplined and well equipped for it's time so it'd be difficult for lightly armoured militia to get around them without horses, then the other Greeks copied the Phalnx which was too unwieldy to properly maneuver around the side of someone.

Well you are currently losing so your two options are
>keep fighting until your army routs on their own
Losing more soldiers until the rout and the result is blind panic so even more casualties
>retreat
Technically more casualties than if you hadn't retreated but at least your army still exists now

I think it's daughter of kate Beckinsale

He won because he had veterans facing fresh recruits and cause he had Numidian cavalry on his side.
Once he faced Roman veterans from the Spanish campaign and once the Numidians changed sides he lost.

>So no one before the Romans ever thought of flanking?
No they did, flanking is easier said than done and any esteemed general knows this hence why they would reinforce their flank with Hypaspists.
Especially during the time when Alexander was romping around because of his legendary Companion Cavalry.

I hope you didn't mean to imply Romans had good cavalry because everyone knows their cavalry lost every battle

>tfw the wrong side lost the war

Attached: pol fantasy.webm (1280x720, 2.24M)

it is

Attached: lily_mo_sheen_covered_topless.jpg (960x700, 150K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Cannae

Attached: Pol talks to a coal burner.webm (854x480, 2.16M)

the persians and assyrians had the best cavalry in the ancient world pre-macedon

Flanking was done by skirmishers when the Persians fought the Greeks the armies of the Greeks had half skirmishes half phalanx. Alexander showed the world what horse can do.

Yeah, but can you afford a horse though?

the term “phalanx” is actually really vague, just means a compact formation with shields, you have to specify what kind of phalanx it is because there’s a lot of different types

Those fuckers lost to couple of mad lads using pilum as a spear. Think about that, that's a whole new level of being retarded.

No, I mean Alexander's enemies didn't flank the phalnx because Alexander pretty much invented the use of cavalry vs foot soldiers and it was really hard to do on foot unless you were as disciplined as the phalnx and also maneuverable like the romans

Exactly buttload of green cosplayers mean shit when faced trained killers.

>The term is particularly (and originally) used to describe the use of this formation in Ancient Greek warfare, although the ancient Greek writers used it to also describe any massed infantry formation, regardless of its equipment.
Are you an ancient Greek writer? If not, then shut up

Not that user you replied to but Alexander really did pioneer the use of shock cavalry.

The Romans beat Mecedon/Greek city states with the use of Iberian and Numidian cavalry.

I dont watch this but isn't his sword from Mormon suppose to be valyrian steel and its black?

The fuck are you talking about? Where does it say the Roman legions were untrained newbies?

>what are chariots

youtu.be/w7KFfbjg3Iw

where do you think alexander got the idea from user

*small hill renders your chariots useless*
Also, chariots aren't cavalry my man

>not having an entirely cavalry army
Lmaoing at mountainoids and plainoids

>sir, we need missile troops
just give the legionaries speads to throw lol fuck bows hire mercs if you really want em
>sir we need a flanking force of cavalry
fuck that the legionaries will just flank
>sir we still need cavalry for scouting and pretending to have a wing
lmao just put the legionaries on horses
>sir we need engineers
lmao get the legionaries on it and nobody sleeps until it’s done
>sir we need an artillery crew
those legionaries are now your artillery crew
>sir we need an empire
send. the. legions.

Attached: 1FF236F0-C9E1-4F48-AADF-67B8927AB8F0.jpg (873x700, 55K)

Cannae was full of newbies, from the Consul that lead them to the hastily raised men in an unprecedented numbers in their Roman history.

>parrying dagger
Lmao this isn't Naruto dude

whatever you blabbering thesaurus you’re wrong but whatever

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHHG SAVE ME CRASSUS IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO END LIKE THIS-

Attached: index.jpg (189x250, 12K)

im just memeing you bro, cavalry as shock troops predates recorded history

Alexander did not pioneer shock cavalry but the Macedonians did. It wasn’t like knights or cataphracts though, it was still a style of hit and run where they kept moving. The Persians and steppe peoples before them used light cavalry to harass or run down lights and routers

Can't remember the series, but this episode is fucked up

Chariots mostly used missiles to bombard and harass infantry where as heavy chariots are the ones mostly used for schock cavalry at the time which kinda gets phased out by war elephants.
Alexander took that idea and re-imagined it so his companion cavalry would be vital to his hammer and anvil strategy

Epaminondas

lmao literally just bring 500 archers what was he thinking holy shit

Attached: 1551477004894.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

>Don my boy.

Attached: article-2639307-1E36683D00000578-358_634x609.jpg (634x609, 47K)

Pretty sure his dad did that

Alexander the great is absolutely the most over rated general of all time, the dude won 12 fucking battles, thats it. yea he woulda won more if he didn't die young but guess what? he did.

*ahem* FUCK ATTILA AND FUCK THE HUNS

Attached: file.png (671x1390, 1.22M)

based

Don't worry about it they're going to run out of arrows eventually

These men tell you to cross the Rubicon and bring down corrupt senators, what do?

Attached: 1543703955811.jpg (603x338, 88K)

Of course, but he took it up a notch so to speak.
Philip II had to train and remodel a shitty army and while Alexander took his same principles, he applied them in more ways than one.
Hell even the invasion of Persia was his father's idea.

Great scene, too bad it was dragged down by a terrible build up.

What the fuck was the Roman Republic's problem?

Attached: hannibal.jpg (400x503, 24K)

Being a r*p*blic

Attached: based Livia.png (704x478, 281K)

>he survives this completely unscathed

Got died when it's characters got plot armor

Greek commanders became over-reliant on the phalanx, and forgot that Alexander's success was in combined arms. The phalanx was the core, but the wings were supported by more flexible, lighter infantry to complement its weaknesses. Cavalry was also extremely important, since it was the most maneuverable element in your army and therefore can exploit opportunities.

The Battle of Pydna, which is seen as the Roman legion triumphing over the Greek phalanx, was because the flanks of the phalanx were unprotected and Companion cavalry were not utilized to their potential.

>get plot armor
>remove head armor

this is just yet another proof that ignorance is bliss

based uneducated retard

the macedonians had almost no horses during that era

Fuck off zoomer

Around 4000 cavalry were present for the Macedonians at Pydna, from all accounts I've seen.

That's still 12 more than you'll ever win

and 30 less than subatai

>sword against charging cavalry

Um, sweaty, he's "overrated" because he invaded 70% of the known world at the time. Sure you can look at it in hindsight and claim that most of his enemies (the Persians, Scythians, Phoenicians, Indians) were long past their prime and were waiting to get their empires swallowed by bigger fish, but during their time they still inspired fear and terror purely on the virtue of their past exploits of wrecking Greece's shit.

>tfw everyone hates GoT here on Yea Forums nowadays, and gonna watch it secretly anyway when its airs

Sand Snakes die or are captured
>entire Dorne army is now "dead"
>no one makes a single attempt at persuading Dorne's 100% intact army to fight for their side
>no one even mentions it
Lannisters attack Tyrells
>decisive victory for Lannister forces when storming a heavily fortified keep with enough supplies to last years, and a keep that could be defended for months by archers alone
>apparently the entire Tyrell army that should have at least 10 thousand men at its disposal at this point, without Tarly, has been destroyed
>implying that armies fought til their last man
>not a single mention of Tyrell forces being added to the Lannister army

Well Alex did die young while Subutai actually retired.

>secretly

Theres a GoT general up right now. There has ALWAYS been live threads. Stop acting like youre special when you are not. Cunt.

>GoT
>t. faggot
i hate got but i'm still gonna watch it
if i watched it for almost ten fucking years you bet i at least want to see how it ends
on top of that the writing was so horrible in the last season that it was downright comical
this season i'll either be very impressed or laughing my ass off on how bad this show has become, it's a win-win situation
after that, back to mad men

And gold doesn't melt in 10 seconds over a fireplace either. It doesn't matter

It's like the Reds batting against the Yankees.

Unexpected kino. Who would've though Dr. House and Mr. Bean a scene this hard-hitting

youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM

The dagger part I get, but the whole "carrying it like a baseball bat" shtick is always something some retarded armchair coach says.

Are you also one of those retarded know-nothings that say shit like "Pffft! Never twirl or spin during a fight! It's just to look fancy!", even though it's an actual, legitimate move, and people who've actually fought before know how useful it can be in the right situations?

I'm not the best fighter, but I've been broadcasted on local television stations and made some money off of it, so I kinda-sorta know what the fuck I'm talking about. I also teach HEMA on the weekends and like to read the schola manuals for fun as a bit of a history buff, so when I say baseball bat stance is okay for his situation, it's because I actually know what the fuck I'm talking about.

During sparring, this big boomer kept saying "blah blah blah your stance is all off blah blah blah", but when I ended up sparring his student, stance isn't actually THAT important. If it works, it works. I flex my elbow and bend the angle a little awkwardly to get around his guard, but guess what? IT WORKS.

Leave fighting to people who actually fight, and don't just spout whatever bro-science shit you hear about from pasty redditors who like to say shit to sound like they know how to fight.

youtube.com/watch?v=SU1Ej9Yqt68

>When the Romans see camels with more arrows being brought up

Attached: Screen_Shot_2019-01-17_at_4.22.43_PM.jpg (800x450, 37K)

>reinforced tip with thin wings
OH NONONONONONOHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 10-facts-battle-of-cannae_1.jpg (770x437, 114K)

>That scene where he takes his son to the lake
Dude is an amazing actor

>win 12 battles against armies twice his size
>win 12 battles so far from home his supply lines are so stretched it's a mircale anything gets through at all
>wtf what a fraud
I know this is contrarianism but come on.

>muh elephants

Nice pasta, very cringe.

Attached: Gengar 6.jpg (504x648, 29K)

GOT is still fantastic show. High moments on GOT are higher than any other tv show. And you are contrarian weak minded fag. Season 8 will break another record numbers, like did with season 7.

Attached: GFbVzxX.png (1280x720, 923K)

Attached: the-leftovers-hbo.jpg (2446x1534, 166K)

Attached: 20190412_135641.gif (640x360, 2.31M)

youtu.be/fWk-SelJroA

Attached: 1549673828505.gif (300x241, 471K)

Should've tricked behind them and use JC End

Attached: Senior_staff_poker_game.jpg (1436x1080, 710K)

>it doesn’t matter

Attached: 9E702333-CC64-4C27-92B4-8B2192E0A986.png (446x553, 127K)

tbf a horse is a pretty big target. it'd be hard to miss

>Hahaha, the wizard cast on me Protection from Arrows, fuck you!!
What did he mean by this?

Does anyone else remember this

Attached: 1368250389952.gif (350x260, 842K)

Attached: Delta V.webm (1280x718, 2.85M)

is this the real dialogue?

t. tranny redditor

I’m gonna say absolutely not. Their caricature would be way more ridiculous if they were really going for an anti-White guy thing, he’d be wearing a MAGA hat and quoting the Bible and telling Cletus to get the beers

a "rout" could be a feint by the opposition general. you should also have a strategic objective you're fighting the tactical battle over, you might not wish to leave the objective. you might not have enough force to actually pursue and kill the enemy and don't want to risk them regrouping and attacking your split force.

>wanting to 'fight' for your shitty capitalist overlords in current year anyway.

worth it

Attached: Gotham Azrael Rocket.webm (1024x576, 2.86M)

m'lord

Attached: 1552941361950.jpg (642x960, 43K)

what did I just watch

Best shot of the series in the season that killed the show

Attached: mj2tcjtb90y01.jpg (1919x1079, 237K)

Attached: Vinyl 1x05.jpg (1920x1078, 194K)