RISE OF THE STREAMCUCK: HOW MANY STREAMING SUBSCRIPTIONS IS TOO MANY?

>Netflix
>Amazon
>HBO
>Hulu
>Disney+
>Apple's upcoming service
>Facebook's upcoming service
>Criterion
>live TV services like Sling, YoutubeTV, DirecTV, Philo, PSVue
>dozens of smaller TV-channels that have their own app-based streaming service

Remember when you thought you were going to SAVE MONEY thanks to the internet?

Instead, you're going to become a streamcuck. It will be the new thing to be. Every month, you will have like 10 separate bills to pay. Won't that be fun, Yea Forums? Paying more bills for TV than you do for basic utilities?

At least it's better than being a dirty, stealing pirate, right?

Attached: 1*qQoG3mSV-RhilgJe8mTT4w.png (870x508, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y9bXjttMxKY
youtube.com/watch?v=LBME3m8tjwg
thelastpsychiatrist.com/2014/05/cyberbll.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dumb zoomers have no idea how much cable costed

This

It's better than being a poorcuck who can't afford anything.

>implying you have to subscribe to all
>implying they weren't all addons on cable anyway for good stuff
>implying cable wasn't stupidly expensive

>10 bills i have to pay
>implying it isn't just debited from my card

You can also just subscribe for 1 month if there is shit you want to watch, like 3 clicks and it resubs.

Disney + is $6.99/m, $69/year

They'll just hike up prices and start bundling soon. Possibly even stop stream sharing accounts.

cable without internet is less than all these services.

I've pirated and seeded hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of movies and music and television and I will continue to do so while you wages scrabble desperately in your pockets for change to pay the streamrabbi

i'll stick with not watching movies unless i want to watch them in theatres.

Here is what cable costs in Australia

OR

$12.99 for HD netflix

Attached: cableaus.jpg (806x786, 64K)

>cable without internet is less than all these services.
I used past tense on purpose, dumb zoomer

>being this poor

get a job or something

>it isn't just debited from my card
yes, goy! use autopay! It's soooo easy!

I only have Amazon + the HBO channel that's within it. That gives me a shit ton of stuff, I'll pirate anything that's not on it

>I've pirated and seeded hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of movies and music and television
I love doing this. I've never paid for a DVD.

Get a firestick, jailbreak it and install teatv app. Stream anything you want for free. Fuck em.

>unable to refute truth
>resorts to jew conspiracy memes intead

Remember when Netflix was cheaper just 5 years ago?

I work at an ISP/Cable company. In the next few months we're changing our pricing strategy so that everything is at-cost. Meaning you pay what we pay for cable, not a cent more or less. It also means when you bitch about your bill, we're not going to lower shit because then we'd be paying YOU to have cable. I wish we had a direct line to Disney or some shit we could transfer to.

>mfw the "transparent" pricing is within $1 of the normal bundles we do anyway.

Attached: 1513914827782.png (594x514, 140K)

BTN account = free and will have all the content from all these services

Enjoy paying, streamcucks!

Attached: utorrent_official_icon_by_fenyx93-d3859pa.png (250x250, 25K)

Yikes

I have Amazon due to Prime which is my primary shopping method.

I have Youtube Premium due to Google Music, which you can share with 5 people.

I have Netflix which I pay for and share with my family. (Would cancel if they didn't use it)

I have Hulu which my mommy pays for :). (Don't use it)

I have MLB TV for free through T-mobile.

I did Youtube TV trial and it works perfectly fine. Really I only want to watch sports, fuck regular ass TV. But it's not worth $40+ dollars a month. You can also share this with 5 people just like Google Music / Youtube Premium. It's really a question of if you would trade $40 for the minor inconvenience of having to stream sporting events.

So all in all, the only cost that isn't tied to something else / additional benefits is Netflix. And I pay for that so my mommy pays for my phone line (both about $10-15).

I pay to support the content they create because I like watching them.

cuck

At least I'm not a poorcuck like (You).

Only zoomers pay for shit because they cant pirate. I havent paid for cable in 10 years, I never paid for netflix and I will never pay for any of these new streaming services

>pay for some shitty bitrate stream on some tracking infested proprietary player that records when you go take a leak
fucking zoomers

1 is too much.

I'll start paying for movies when they stop giving women and minorities leading roles in them.

Unironically this is the type of thing people wanted in the TV Era. Instead of having bundles with a bunch of channels you didn't watch, just buy the individual channels. This is basically the same thing, and might even cost less if you only pay for a couple. You're still a cuck if you pay though, unless you're only paying to download it and distribute it to others in which case you're based.

>auto pay
>just using a credit card

Been same price in aus since launch

>my mommy pays
Your entire post is moot

Gets money from own network and from TV channels. All those plebs are hundred moves behind him in 4d chess. He even managed to use his circus to became bff with Trump and put his wife in white house. Also, libtards praise him for empowering women by showing 20 minutes of barely dressed girls groping each other.

Attached: images.jpg (299x168, 15K)

You need to be 18+ to post here lad.

I just switched from Netflix to Hulu and it's disgusting how much Hulu has that Netflix doesn't or previously lost

The capitalists are eating themselves.

Pirates win again.

>class cucks btfo

Attached: 934215CA-745D-4AA5-9758-19C4DF64399A.png (801x401, 113K)

Is he actually a good businessman or did he just get lucky? The XFL was a disaster the first time around and it'll probably will be again.

>paying for something I can stream for free

That’s a BIG yikes from me dawg

Attached: 04C2AE05-092F-49EB-8EC4-6397A16D394B.jpg (636x466, 30K)

So how much will he lose trying the XFL again?

I only pay for Amazon because of muh prime, video is just a plus. Then I added shudder on for idk how much a month, like one cocktail and I drink shittons. My girlfriend's parents pay for Hulu and Netflix so I just use their sign in. I stream sports from r*ddit

I have none because with the internet everything is free.

Attached: 39249547_541905919573021_1099454444581421056_n.jpg (720x720, 26K)

It's a pirates life for me.

Attached: 1487379649073.png (664x520, 219K)

just trade your streaming credentials with your friends for other streaming creds or cable/satellite logins

>paying to stream content

Attached: CIA.jpg (716x768, 79K)

>all the pirates in chat
I pay because I consider the monthly fee worth not having to torrent everything then run it through my PC to TV, currently I only have one subscription and am fine with the current amount of content. Netflix can go fuck itself, though

faggot.

I have Amazon, and that's only because I signed up for delivery features.

>I pay because I don't know how to pirate
every thread

The XFL started of strong and ratings got worse every week. Then to try and bring ratings back he decided to bring wrestling type storylines. It was incredibly stupid and brought nothing to the game. So maybe he's a little of both or just an old man that is behind the times.

With how quick the AAFL folded, I just don't think people want year round football like they use too. The NFL did take the sky camera from the XFL. So he brought that contribution to the business.

No, I'm just fucking lazy. I pirate shit I can't find on the one service

>i can literally just pirate this shit for free on streaming websites that upload every new show as soon as its out

do people not know this exists?

Why would you pay extra for Google music or whatever when you can just use Amazon music since you have prime?

Your whole post sucks anyways

Mix of both and some craziness.

yes, you are the only special snowflake

Only thing you need to buy is a VPN and pirate everything. Imagine giving a single dollar to Hollywood

>paying for music

Attached: jerry.jpg (800x450, 62K)

Paying for TV is one thing but who the fuck pays for music in current year?

the answer, as always, is women
women buy useless shit and pay for redundant services

thank you for letting me post this

Attached: fagbuysmusic.jpg (599x600, 87K)

youtube.com/watch?v=y9bXjttMxKY

im just saying, its a free, just as easy service, as actually paying for it. i literally just browse what i want to watch and click on it and it streams instantly. i dont see how so many people are subscribing to these? but then again i guess both my brothers and sisters families all buy this shit lol.

I feel like zoomers in general pay for radio services. Also for my sanity if I ever get married, separate finances 100%

>Only thing you need to buy is a VPN
I don't even pay for that. You VPNcucks actually exist? You know there's no need to pay at all, right?

Hey user, not sure if you're aware of this - you don't actually have to sign up for every single streaming service that comes out.

>just steal it
t. 15%

>this false dichotomy again
It's not all lost sales, it's not no lost sales either, god damn you tribalist retards are annoying

>HOW MANY STREAMING SUBSCRIPTIONS IS TOO MANY?
one. ez
>Remember when you thought you were going to SAVE MONEY thanks to the internet?
I still do on a regular basis. pretty much every time I watch a movie or listen to a song. "subscriptions" are inherently cucked and I won't be a part of it if I can help it at all. it's bad enough that the internet itself is still subscription-based and location-based and you don't just connect to it for free wherever you are.

anyone still use those shitty third party sites that bitcoin mine you?

Attached: 5kSagkH.jpg (1080x1080, 100K)

this. i dont mind paying for content but im not oping to shell out 150 bucks to use less than 10% of each streaming service.

My gf pays for Apple music and she says she will never go back to downloading. But hey, at least she's paying for it and not her mommy like most of the "men" here.

I pirate all the TV for us. She used to tell me to split a Netflix bill with her but I get every show from Netflix for her before she wants to sit down and watch it.

Feels fucking good not paying the kikes.

Depends on what country you live in and how strict their piracy laws are.

The bigger problem is lack of quality content. How many of these services are making content that's not absolute dogshit.
Criterion is the only one worth paying for unless you're a braindead pleb.

And you don't see the disconnect there? If everyone pirated movies exclusively (or as you'd have it, just have movies be legally freely downloadable) there would be no film industry. If the internet was free for everyone, there would be nothing supporting the infrastructure which provides it to you. How do you think the economy works?

where u guyz watching the new GOT?

Attached: 1385475116025.jpg (3072x2304, 1.48M)

>If everyone pirated movies exclusively, there would be no film industry
Good

If you haven't already seen most of the criterion films by now, you should just kill yourself

>anyone still use those shitty third party sites that bitcoin mine you?
Everybody with a brain is using the Holy Trinity.

1) Private Torrents (free)
2) Private Usenet (free)
3) Private DDL (free)

No VPN needed and you don't need all 3.

Been doing it for 5 years and I have not paid a single cent to anybody. I did have to buy more hard drives, but they belong to me, not somebody else.

>split the $5 netflix bill

leave her asap. this wont end well.

i legit have downloaded from DLL sites for the past 10 years and never once have i got in trouble

Simply epic

>Remember when you thought you were going to SAVE MONEY thanks to the internet?
Yeah. Because Piracy exists

>usenet in 2019
time to move on, gramps

>tfw started paying for kodi addons to get a netflix like interface and streaming of 1080 torrents
>Got stops working halfway through

Its not fair

I live in the USA. You don't need a VPN here if you know how to pirate. VPNs are for retards who are scared and ignorant.

They're catalogue is quite big. How jobless are you?

Buddy of mine legitimately tried convincing me to go halfsies with him on a spotify account.
It's not just women.

sure just like if the roads, or schools were free nothing would support... wait oh ya.

where do you live?

>mfw kodi will outlive them all

Attached: 1417414217245.gif (200x150, 1.65M)

USA lol

what do you mean by know how to pirate?

*Their

the greedy studios would be forced to shutdown and do it yourself movies would rise up obviously. i wouldnt mind this desu. every big studio movie is a remake, capeshit, or weird pandering thing these days.

i would go with:
Netflix - 13
HBO - 15
Disney - 7

>where u guyz watching the new GOT?
1) Private Torrents (free)
2) Private Usenet (free)
3) Private DDL (free)

If you don't have at least one of these, you are shit at piracy.

Brainlet here, where the fuck do I get a legitimate free vpn?
Every free vpn I've ever tried has always been pisspoor shit that would hardly maintain a connection.

This is not what we meant when we asked cable companies for a la carte plans...

Well I don't live in USA. Laws are different everywhere. Try not being so sheltered next time

I can't even tell if people are kidding anymore

"Nothing"? Nothing supports roads and education? Is that your brain working at its hardest?

>Paying for a stream instead of downloading the file for free
Imagine being over 18 and being this stuoid

>legitimate free VPN
you don't, every free VPN is shit or spies on you

the internet should be free the same way roads and schools are free. fuckoff brainletts silicon valley CEO's agree with me. not you. i trust them a lot more than some racist idiot on Yea Forums.

>what do you mean by know how to pirate?
If you know all the possible ways to pirate and have mastered them all, you don't need to pay a single dime.

If you pay for a VPN, it is because you are a retard who doesn't know how to pirate. You think public torrents are everything and that's wrong. There's so many ways to get what you want for free and people do it all the time instead of paying.

>stealing is okay if you might not have considered buying it anyway
Git some mo purple spinnin rims, not yo color but dey free

Roads and schools are not free, that's what taxes are for lmao

This is bait

I just got the basic shit, and it's like 8 bucks a month or something. I don't need HD to watch sitcoms or whatever else they have that I watch. Fraiser is not going to be any better in HD than whatever quality I'm watching it now is

>if everyone did what some people do

irrelevant mental gymnastics. most people will always be buycucks because it's more convenient. I sometimes have to search for four different streams before one works, the image quality is shit at least half the time, connection problems happen at peak hours and some movies or episodes of shows I can't find at all*.

the typical customer of streaming services would never put up with these extra-steps and setbacks, he'd rather shell out way too much money if in return shit just works, and I can understand him. but it leads to a system where disgusting shit keeps being produced on funding from people who would never support it if they had a choice (what to fund). the VHS / DVD eco system was better and I bought movies back in those days. I simply refuse to give a penny for anything but the actual product I want. the trash TV channels make always disgusted me and netflix and competitors are just new TV channels.

>Brainlet here, where the fuck do I get a legitimate free vpn?
This indeed proves you are a brainlet because you think a free VPN might work. They don't. The answer is to stop using public torrents altogether and move to another way to pirate. There's many ways to get all the content you want for free.

So then what the fuck is user meming on about

>He pays taxes
Cuc-k

nah they free

Why not just pirate

>Every month, you will have like 10 separate bills to pay.
Or just pay for the ones that most interest you.

2 is my max. Just gotta decide which ones.

For private torrent; don't you need to seed a shit ton? Invites and so on.

how is this bait? if gov wants to regulate facebook google amazon and apple they should treat them as such. regulate the services and make them free for all like roads and schools are.

>The argument is irrelevant to the argument!
Now those are some mental gymnastics.

serious question how am i supposed to legally watch movies nowadays?
Im not a member of any streaming service.

>So then what the fuck is user meming on about
Stop focusing on VPNs. You don't need them at all. Move to other piracy methods. Public torrents are just 1 of the many ways to get content and it is the least anonymous. Learn from those more experience than you.

I use qBittorrent, is that a private torrent?

>For private torrent; don't you need to seed a shit ton? Invites and so on.
Getting invited is easy. Leaving your torrent client is easy.

And there's still private usenet and private ddl. You're also missing xdcc, private streaming sites, piracy forums, ftp groups, etc.

Learn what all these are and you never need a VPN.

bait, no one is this stupid

Go to the cinema. Buy the ticket, don't sneak in. Or watch them on tv, rent them on an app or buy the physical copy. Not exactly brain surgery.

>I use qBittorrent, is that a private torrent?
Holy shit. No wonder you people are this pathetic. Private torrents = sites that you have to become a member of that aren't being monitored by copyright groups.

And there's many other ways to pirate without every getting caught, for free.

>They'll just hike up prices and start bundling soon. Possibly even stop stream sharing accounts.
This user knows where things are headed. You'll end up with bundles that have some services you want and some you don't, just like cable. And just wait until they start tying your ability to stream to a single (home) IP address. Remember these? Expect an update.

youtube.com/watch?v=LBME3m8tjwg

Attached: Pay up goy.jpg (480x360, 12K)

i dont really want to its too expensive and ruined by normies so a waste of money.
I just want to watch a movie on my pc and theres maybe one or two movies a year that is worth watching.
So i dont want a subscription service.

Become a member of a streaming service, or Netflix's DVD service.

laziness is what kills piracy. only basement dwellers go all out

a hypothetical that's never going to happen is irrelevant and not "the argument".

I love this boys. These zoomer cucks are paying for this shit so based torrent boys can get away with paying nothing,
These companies don't give a shit about torrents anymore.
Its heaven.
you don't even need a VPN anymore.

THANKYOU TORRENTKEKS EVERYWHERE

Watch them on tv, continue reading, rent them on an app or buy the physical copy.

This, it was a goddamn rip-off. Pay out the ass each month for about 100 channels, the vast majority of which you don't give a single fuck about. And even though you're paying a subscription fee, you STILL have to deal with ever-increasing amounts of commercials anyway.

Those are all pleb filters. I have never paid for a single subscription service. I just pirate everything. If someone is too dumb to know how to pirate, they deserve the sub fees.

>cable
>hundreds of channels
>spend forever flipping through channels finding whats the best thing on
>can never choose what to watch

>TV antenna
>grabs like 10 channels, for free
>takes less than a minute to see everything on and decide what to watch

dont have a tv.
I guess physical copy is the answer but id prefer to just rent.

imagine watching your wife get fucked by Disney like this.
yikes

I work and I still pirate because it's easier than paying for all these services. I'm just doing what I did in college. What could be easier that clicking a link and watching the latest TV show for free?

>Why don't you guys just steal everything?

Attached: black man.jpg (683x610, 46K)

Imagine having a wife this stupid in the first place

piracy is not stealing, also i would if i could

>why don't you just pay for several streaming services?

Attached: streamjew.jpg (480x640, 54K)

why pay for music period? There are people who unironically pay for Youtube Red because they don't know how to install modified .apks like Youtube Vanced for background play on phones.

I would pay for cable if they made all their programming available on demand like streaming services. Except they price gouge by making u upgrade ur dvr and force u to record, fast forward through commercials, and they have shit that expires. utter trash

Attached: 654a170141e9566d9644c5727fa0ab00dc29h6j.jpg (636x900, 407K)

>Torrents
>All the TV you want for free
>Click and it's there in a few minutes to play anywhere in your home in 4K
>Can pick exactly what show you want and never give Jews your payment info

Forgot we're on Yea Forums, 4channel, whatever the fuck it's called now, where we can't have a serious conversation with edgy pirate kids butting in.

Attached: 010.png (374x376, 178K)

>I would pay for cable if they made all their programming available on demand like streaming services.
Pretty much every network has their own app that you can put your cable credentials into and stream stuff on demand.

Physical copies are the patrician's choice. Best picture & sound quality, nice extras and cool packaging if you're into that stuff. The Terminator endo arm is pretty sweet.

sorry you're retarded

I would honestly rather watch very old school reruns for free than pay 50$ a month, or whatever it is, for cable. I am 30 years old. I've never paid for cable tv. I've also never paid for a physical copy of a newspaper.

>gaping arsehole from streaming service cock detected

This is part of the reason why the whole "strong independent womyn" shit is propped up so much by the big corporations. They know women are dogshit with money and will spend it on frivilous garbage. Frivolous garbage that they are selling. More wealthy and power to women means more of them buying stupid shit. Also part of the reason why they want to replace whites with browns. Brown people are also retarded with money, and therefore make for better consumers. They can't stand the normal white man who is frugal with his money.

Making music costs money.

>Not paying hundreds upon hundreds of dollars for streaming services is edgy

Attached: 1470705531487.jpg (599x563, 50K)

>zoomers think pirating is edgy now

thought itd be mainstream by now but ok

The best answer is piracy. Let the idiots like you pay for things while we watch for free. If you are still paying you deserve to be robbed

>you don't even need a VPN anymore.
You never did, period. I wipe my ass with piracy notices from my ISP and nothing ever happens.

...I just spent 10 dollars for 3 movie dvds...I don't normally do that but...it seemed like a good idea yesterday...

The $50 a month is only for a limited time. Then they just make you pay more without telling you when that deal is up. You also pay for every cable box you have and if you use their modem for Internet they charge you for that too.

and listening to it is free if you're not a mouth-breathing retard.
It would also cost me time and money to make sculptures out of my own feces, but that doesn't mean it's worth anything.

Fuck you, Jew. I've never paid for anything in my life, and I don't intend to.

Attached: marx.jpg (480x310, 59K)

It's like people who start obsessing about who is and isn't virgins the second they lose their own virginity. Just finding ways to feel superior to everyone

it actually doesnt.
not like it used to.
kids make it in bedrooms - i will go see them at a music gig , I have no guilt torrenting this shit.

What movies?

except its not like that at all wtf

Also adding to this, in their head they join some secret elite club who they can circlejerk with

actually its funny because you can get like 20 subscriptions and it still costs less than cable

omg can incels not reply to me? thanks lol

FACT: if you get a single piracy notice from your ISP without a VPN, that means you are not a good pirate.

A good pirate doesn't need a VPN at all to be completely unseen by copyright vermin.

yes this is true - depending on the nature of the state you live in and how far they bend the knee to the american oppressors. but yeah i ignored the emails too.

sending electrons over servers to my pc doesnt cost nearly as much as they charge. just like how copy pasting some 1's and 0's on a 1 cent CD didnt cost the $20 they'd charge you.

EEEEEEEEExcept

>certain episodes are only available for a week, episodes 4-8 are there ,forget about watching first few
>only this years season is available forget about season 1 or 2

I have tried them all user, they are terrible. You still pay a high fucking premium for commercials.

FACT: If you pirate, that means you are not a good person.

I'm really curious what's going to happen to the cable TV business once the boomers start dying off. They're literally the only ones left stupid enough to continue paying for that. Everyone I know in their 30s or under either doesn't watch TV at all, watches stuff on streaming services, or pirates.

It amazes me how the cable TV companies haven't lowered their prices to try to entice millennials into paying them. I guess they realize that no matter how low they charge, no one is going to take the offer, and so instead their strategy is to just keep jacking up the prices higher and higher to siphon the shekels out of the oblivious boomers while they're still around.

>thinks pirating is a secret elite club
>literally just google "avengers stream" and 10 pirate streaming sites come up immediately

ya nah

FACT : you are american and very gay

Why would I care about being a good pirate? Nobody gives a fuck and nothing is ever going to happen anyway.

You faggots do realize that third world hackermans make a living selling login details to all of the streaming services for cheap, right?

>Pay hackerman $10 in internet money
>Gain 6 months access to a spreadsheet with tens of thousands of logins for every streaming service
>Spreadsheet updated daily to remove the accounts where password was changed/subscription ran out (which is rare). And to add new accounts

It's like you hate your money.

Attached: 1538857150483.jpg (470x470, 31K)

I'm sure when I move out I'll start paying for DirectTV Now. You don't need all the extra channels that cable gives you, but the basic cable channels are very nice to have.

>FACT: If you pirate, that means you are not a good person.
FACT: the above poster is equating "being good" to "being a gullible sucker"

If it doesn't sound like shit they invested in equipment. Not to mention time. Do you think books are worthless?

You really underestimate the lengths people will go just to feel like they're special, normies don't even really understand how safe and easy pirating it is

Have netflix access but when I looked at it I was instantly reminded they gender/race swap everyone and was too disgusted to watch anything. It's sad how blatant it is.

I believe the prices went up. They'll probably just have everything on separate streaming services and bundle them to you for a cheaper price.

>He doesn't just search "(movie title) 123movies"
Make way for the patrician

Attached: 1535917741635.jpg (225x225, 8K)

this sounds pretty spicey. any recommended sites?

Everybody understands it, it's just most people aren't thieving niggers like you.

You don't need Direct TV for basic channels.

RICH PEOPLE will keep them alive. I met a lot of people with money that pay so much for cable box rentals, all the premiums, and so on. Plus streaming services. It takes a few suckers to pay prices so HIGH. that it is easier model than lowering for the rest of the populace.

How is it a "secret club" if every time the topic of where to get content from comes up, people say to each other "dude just pirate and save yourself some money"

I'm not even one of the people who act like it's morally justified, why the fuck do you keep replying to me

m8 i produce music myself. I don't know what you think "a lot" of money is - its cheap as shit now and you know it.

you are also assuming that the music being produced is worth actual money. I would submit to you it is NOT in the most part.

not
>movie title putlocker(s)
the algorithm has adapted to this so much you get all the other streaming sites including the one you mentioned as well.

It's not them, it's more the ones constantly virtue signaling about how they're totally sticking it to the man bro or they find any little excuse to justify it to themselves. I'll at least admit I pirate because I'm a cheap asshole and that's the end of it.

based

why would you keep replying if yo uhave the high ground?

could it be it pisses you off that you are being cuckolded by corporations?

I remember recently visiting my uncle/aunt a year or two ago, when they would constantly get telemarketer calls during my visit. They casually mentioned that they paid something like 200$ a month for their cable HBO/land line phone etc. These calls all came on the land line I should mention. My aunt and uncle are basically retirement age, mid 60s. These are the kinds of people propping up these horrible organizations. I wouldn't be surprised if they bought physical newspapers every day too.I think they only have things like HBO so my uncle can watch shit like Game of thrones. My aunt is fucking saint and would never watch that filth. she even sings in the local church choir. I think she is just very oblivious to reality, and that's why they keep the landline around. There is literally no reason to have a land line in this day and age. I think she's kind of like my mom, who one time tried to pay a scalper for tickets with a credit card 20 years ago. Just naiive as hell.

I'm not talking about NBC and CBS, I just mean the regular stuff like AMC, TCM, stuff like that.

So this is why some colombian keeps logging into my netflix and watching some gay latino series.

whats the best service if i want to watch golden age hollywood stuff? All About Eve, singin in the rain, etc. From what i gather, criterion is mostly foreign and art films, netflix has fuck all. And I already have prime.

I've been paying for hbo to get Game of Thrones at 9 pm for the past few years. Beats sitting on IRC making sure I get the file downloaded as soon as it's uploaded. Then you'd have to wait an hour before you can play the video anyway. And then if your download was interrupted, you had a chance of losing your spot and having to wait even longer. Fuck that shit.

They've been transitioning to making all their shekels from being internet providers. They've convinced the crooked local governments in most places to prohibit any competition from anyone else wanting to offer internet, and in the places where you do have alternatives they usually suck. So unless things change, the old cable companies will just end up charging for Internet what they did for cable.

And then you buy your streaming content on top of that, goy!

Me too. But I actually play instruments and don't just fill in midi on pirated software.

you are killing this planet you lazy entitled faggot.

Similar story with my parents in their mid-50s. It took me the longest time to finally convince them that they're just wasting fucktons of money on cable+landline. But I finally convinced them, and now they just have their cells and the local TV networks via antenna for free. And then a terrarium stick or whatever the fuck that is that they have loaded with some program that pulls everything for free.

It's Criterion, but you're right, classic Hollywood isn't the bulk of it. You're better off sticking with DVDs, because you won't find that shit anywhere.

Attached: Netflix-DVD-550x412.jpg (550x412, 54K)

anyone use rabbit for streaming?

This, I use Amazon video sometimes because it comes with prime but otherwise piracy is the way to go.

IPTV > legit live TV services like Sling, YoutubeTV, DirecTV, Philo, PSVue

Good point. Honestly once ISP costs get too high (they're already ridiculous as it is) I'll probably cut that too and just have a mobile data plan and use my phone as a tether for everything.

Pirates will win.

Why are you people so proud of stealing?

Because it feels good not being a dumb chump

>stop stream sharing accounts
This is actually what keeps them afloat, the person sharing feels SHAME if they cancel it on their friends and family. They are more than likely trading it for another service share not being used.

Man PSvue has one of the worst browser players I have ever seen. Terrible menus and a cluttered mess. Only trial I wanted to end ASAP

My 67 year old boss still pays for AOL even though he has U-Verse Fiber Optic. He says he wants the virus protection and email AOL provides. I've stopped trying to explain to him.

Because they couldn't afford it anyway

>all these idiots paying for cars
>too fucking stupid to know how to get a car for free

Attached: car pirating.jpg (980x654, 315K)

Even in this case the price of recording equipment, mics , sound proofing - its just not like it used to be. Its cheap and it makes the content almost worthless
It is all scaled down and there is ALOT of content.

the shame of it is no one is buying what you are selling.

I do genuinely feel sorry for actual musicians, but not that much.
Just like I don't feel so sorry for actors, sportsmen who don't hit the big bucks.
Its a gamble, there are a lot of you, you want to do something that is fun - if it doesn't work out - go do some actual work.

Meanwhile i will download the garbage for free while you chase a dream.
don't dare fucking complain.

I legitimately wonder where the people who post this actually believe it's comparable

Criterion Channel is definitely one of the best streaming services now for movies.

I don't know if I convinced my mom to give up the cable, but there are multiple channels on terrestrial media, so that she really has no need for the the cable. She just likes watching her old shows. which I Imagine I would be in the same position at her age. Fuck this new shit, just let me watch my old classics. idk if it's national but she loves MeTV. Just old ass popular shows the boomers eat up

Good luck with that. 5G will rek everyone's wallet when it comes with capped data that everyone blows through in a day suddenly. The mobile guys keep jewing out on anything resembling real unlimited high speed internet so they won't save us.

listen to this guy - he actually bought into the MPAA ads decades ago.
fuck me

>3 billions channel
>nothing to watch
>ask myself why I keep wasted money
Haven't watch tv for many years, everything is just boring shit.

looking forward to streaming premium content with my Disney+ (tm) subscription !

Attached: D35-aWAUwAAaQ4e.jpg large.jpg (2048x1180, 266K)

>Magically copy a car
>The owner still has their car
>But also now I have a car
I see no problem

Attached: 1512708420447.jpg (171x163, 5K)

I get what you're saying.

i cut the cable because of ads

>tfw only watch free to air tv

Attached: Don't+compromise+your+health+to+be+gorgeous!+Blissful+Miss+Natural+Product+Guides+make+it+easy+ (500x333, 29K)

piracy isn't theft

What about the people who make the fucking cars?

I can't believe they couldn't even come up with an original UI, instead ripping off Netflix so much that when I look at their UI imagines I feel like I'm looking through Netflix for something to watch. Probably the same inability to sort things in any useful way, like date added or user rating (accurate) genres.

I need only one subscription, it's free and requires no credit card

Attached: tpb.png (1200x1359, 411K)

>subscribe for a month
>change

I love the game show channel with all the old shows on it, especially Match Game.

Fuck those guys

They want people to feel like it's Netflix but cheaper and better content. This kills Netflix.

Hulu has such a giant catalog for tv shows
US Netflix has a decent share of international tv
HBO is great if you are new to their OC
Showtime is okay if you are bored
Starz has movies but 90% are old as shit
Utube tv has a light video player
Amazon is okay if it comes with prime
Live TV is great if you have to watch it right that second
PSvue/Fuvo are terrible

Attached: 1539742815169.webm (1920x1080, 2.9M)

Bob Iger posted it on his personal twitter, but frankly it looks like a mock-up

Not him but I'm covered with public trackers, and as far as I know private trackers are more of a hassle to get into than just fucking paying for the stuff. Interviews? Come on.
Maybe there are other methods too, but I don't know what those are.

you mean rural magapedes?
fuck em

wanker spotted!

Attached: simpsons.gif (500x384, 363K)

hope you have an anti malware or they will get your credit card anyways

kodi was good for like 5 minutes

>start bundling soon
>soon

Oh user...

Attached: dims.jpg (1282x606, 45K)

This. thelastpsychiatrist.com/2014/05/cyberbll.html

Why are you so proud of enormous companies stealing from you? There's paying for indie gamedevs or musicians and then there's paying these fucking jews.

Problems arise when costs go down but income becomes almost nonexistent.
I'm not complaining. I'd rather go hungry again than quit. I am actually good at this.
I know most music is shit. Just stream the stuff that stands out on spotify once in a while, or spend a couple of bucks on it some way. That's not unreasonable.

>They've convinced the crooked local governments

Convinced through campaign contributions, of course. Campaign finance laws are laughable. We like to brand ourselves as anti-corruption, while pointing our noses at other shitholes with rampant corruption. Meanwhile the only fucking reason our society isn't "technically" corrupt is because the corruption is legal.

Boomers. Nobody gives a fuck about them.

Nah it's cool

All mexicans or chinese working for low as fuck wages. Fuck'em.

>Why are you so proud of enormous companies stealing from you?
You're fucking delusional. If they offer me a service and I pay for it then no one is stealing from anyone. I'm happy and they're happy. If the service stops being good enough, or too expensive, I'll just stop paying for it, and stop getting the service in return. There's no problem here.

I had all these services but no way to watch them on my tv. Now comcast was nice enough to let me rent what is basically a roku.

Attached: comcast.png (887x1059, 662K)

HA and all you queers laughed at me for owning physical media. look who is laughing now stream cucks

Disney already owns all of those things

Keep paying, I'm not the one being jewed out here lmao

Attached: 1554862173711.jpg (484x613, 19K)

You dumb.

Either way, I just want a service that let's me look over their content in a useful way. I get why they don't; it keeps people in the dark on what's really there. This is why I am cynical about technology in general. We keep getting these "dreams of the future" technologies but they always find a way to jew them hard so that they're never reaching their full potential. They don't end up improving your life so much as complicating and confusing it.

>Want Disney+ and Hulu?
>Gotta take the bundle with ESPN+

It's like the Golf Channel being part of your cable package all over again.

everyone should copy netflix, it's so much smoother and user friendly than any other service, despite recent bullshit like the autoplay previews

>He actually thinks free market economics works in a society permeated by corporate corruption

You get the best goy award.

Attached: 1531885264380.jpg (480x480, 16K)

see The issue was that it's set up to make it difficult to really find new content in any comprehensive and logical way. You have to eat from the table of highlighted new releases and recommendations. You clicked on a low budget zombie stripper movie a few years ago? It'll taint your recommendations forever.

you can still pay for them separately doing all 3 together will give you a discount

it will be garbage. 5% of that content will be watchable and u still have to be their ISP customer.

All of these companies pretending to give you access to everything with one click. They are all basically begging you stick with their shitty app/OS.

Attached: 1525205638770.jpg (720x960, 86K)

For now. You're not looking ahead, user.

I actually agree with this but the problem is - I want to HAVE the media.
I don't want a service. I dont want to "stream" it and I am not using multiple different sites to get my music.

it is actually far easier to own music by using torrents. The music industry is a fucking mess.

Wish you luck - hope it works out for you, hope the industry can find a way to get the shit out there without ripping people, artists off and locking them into shit services like spotify.

you really have convinced yourself here haven't you?
At what point will you realize you have been played? I guess consumers have different levels of tolerence.

>Paying to prop up corrupt Hollywood

Woof

Surely content would be absolute dogshit if actors weren't paid $20 million a pop to star in movies.

Attached: 1552139511022.png (894x773, 48K)

Today I will remind them that if you have more than one streaming service you might as well pirate. You will have enough money to actually buy physical copies of your favorite movies once in a while.

Attached: 356905602350.jpg (680x537, 36K)

>can find a way to get the shit out there without ripping people

We all know which group of people is overrepresented in both Hollywood and the music industry. Now allow me to tell you a little story, or a joke. It's a very common story that originated within the Jewish community and is told to Jewish children. So it's not anti-Semitic, not by a mile. It runs like this:

A father was teaching his little son to be less afraid, to have more courage, by having him jump down the stairs. He placed his boy on the second stair and said, “Jump, and I’ll catch you.” and the boy jumped. Then the father placed him on the third stair, saying “Jump, and I”ll catch you.” Though the boy was afraid, he trusted his father, did what he was told, and jumped into his father’s arms.
Then the father put him on the next step, and the next step, each time telling him, Jump, and I’ll catch you, and each time the boy jumped and was caught by his father. And so this went on. Then the boy jumped from a very high step, just as before; but this time the father stepped back, and the boy fell flat on his face. As he picked himself up, bleeding and crying, the father said, “that will teach you: never trust a Jew, even if it’s your own father.”

Point being, the whole point to the music industry and Hollywood to these people is precisely to rip you off.

To all the poorfags explain the economics if everyone pirated like you. Do you even understand market capitalism? Would content exist? If enough people pirate there ceases being things to pirate.

But not everyone pirates.

>mommy pays
>doesnt include internet price + data cap fees

I literally wouldn't care if piracy collapsed the market. I will always pirate. I will never buy a single Blu-ray. I will never pay a cent for any streaming service. I will never be a cuck like you, because I don't give a fuck if your industry burns to ashes.

>If enough people pirate there ceases being things to pirate.
i cant wait

Attached: 1483934513983.jpg (1261x1884, 372K)

True. The freeloaders are subsidized by those with actual jobs and income

>I literally wouldn't care if piracy collapsed the market
This is true as well, there's no market today that doesn't deserve collapsing, and that goes triple for the entertainment industry.

Thanks for your service, faggot.

>If enough people pirate there ceases being things to pirate.
That's fine. Let it happen. I will just laugh at people like you who care while I find something else to do with my time.

>If more people pirated, Hollywood studios wouldn't be able to assert immense amounts of social control by buying up companies unrelated to the movie making industries, nor would they be able to turn billions of dollars in profit each year, nor would they be able to churn out $20 million for one actor to work 2 months on set

Oh gee, what a nightmare that would have been. It's almost as if they'd have to turn back to 1990s levels of production.

So you don't believe in capitalism? Are you socialists? Or maybe just into handouts. I prefer to pay for services and don't enjoy leeching off everyone else

yep. which is why I have no remorse.

I honestly hope the entertainment industry collapses due to piracy. It will never happen, but if it did, I wouldn't care. I would just laugh. I would gleefully enjoy you people crying because Hollywood is gone and I would be proud to be a part of it because of my tens of thousands of dollars of piracy over the past 12 years of my life. Then I would either a) just watch the existing content online b) do something else like hang out with friends more.

>dont be a doctor because if everyone was a doctor the economy would collapse
okay?

Unrestrained capitalism is as pants-on-head retarded as communism is.

>If you're against capitalism you either are a commie or live on welfare
Either b8 or underage.

YO HO YO HO A PIRATE'S LIFE FOR ME
Sometime I tell normies I pirate everything just to see them try to rationalise paying a million dollars a month for Netshits and whatever else

First world country lmao

we would have :

less shit movies
lower paid actors
and an industry that tried to make honest content.
AND NO FUCKING CAPESHIT

a utopia if you will...

I just don't care about that industry. It's gross. It's fake and gay. I don't really care if it dies. I like pirating all their content. I do it even though I can pay because why not? Why put my earnings into their hands when I can download it for free? I did it in college and I will do it with my aged hands before I die.

It's sadder that you actually feel you have a duty to pay for entertainment. You probably are gay or cucked.

More likely a boomer. They are the ones who've been exploiting the unrestrained capitalism at the cost of their own childrens futures. They're also the ones who unironically fell for the "capitalism is patriotism" propaganda which was rampant during the cold war to keep the commies from gaining any influence.

piracy is the most capitalistic thing there is, why would i pay for something i can get for free? forcing people to pay for movies is socialist

Piracy is pretty normal where I live (it was more common in the past sadly), there's good things about living in the third world.

So you'd say you fall on the Bernie/AOC side of the spectrum. Just wondered where you stand. I mean anything else would be just a tad hypocritical

Yeah you're definitely b8ing

Attached: 1552085195762.png (800x651, 535K)

Nice strawman, you fucking idiot.

It's almost as if there exists a rational side which promotes conservative social policies, while simultaneously not sucking the cock of corporations because that's what their assigned party tells them is The American Way™.

desu though i have spectrum cable and the quality is shit

seriously 1080p yify rips look better

So you are a hypocrite. Thanks for making that plain

I'll go with what the other user said. You're baiting. Nobody's this fucking retarded. Not even here.

What makes you think I care to support their content? Because I have no interest in supporting it, if not for piracy, I literally would have never bothered paying them a dime for their shit.
I hope the industry collapses due to piracy, but it won't because people like you overwhelmingly exist.

My part of the economic spectrum is the "never pay the kikes" part of the spectrum. This is the only ideology that makes sense, while the rest of the idelogies amount to "be a good goy and pay the Jews whenever they want"

Piracy wouldn't be such a problem if we weren't denied a public domain by the same companies that are being hurt by piracy. If copyright expired 20/30 years after a product being released, like any sane person who has given it any thought would tell you is more than generous, it wouldn't be such a fucking ball ache to find shit to watch.
You want public domain music? Drive to the fucking library of congress and listen to some wax cylinders. You literally have no other option. Why is Citizen Kane not in public domain? Why do you still have to pay licensing fees to listen to fucking Mr Sandman or Blue Suede Shoes?
THAT'S the fucking problem with these companies - you are being denied a robust and useful public domain because they lobbied for entirely unreasonable copyright term to sell you things where literally everyone involved in its production has been dead for 50 years. Nobody should continue to benefit off The Beatles or Gone With The Wind for this long.
Imagine a world where access to popular culture from your father's generation was the right of a citizen. Hollywood excess and middlemen are cut down and no longer able to live lavishly for the rest of their lives on "that one thing they did 60 years ago".

Attached: Copyright-Chart.gif (599x325, 17K)

>Option 1: Cultural cuckery. Fiscal win
>Option 2: Fiscal cuckery. Cultural win

Oh gee, I sure love the Democratic and Republican options :DD

>If you don't pay the jews like me, you're a commie
What

>implying the boomers who paid for cancer cable aren't the ones funding streaming platforms

Attached: DQcb05bXcAITKN9.jpg (472x629, 43K)

The mainstream right is a joke because it either supports, or only mildly opposes the left on the most retarded policies (all of progressivism basically, the complete destruction of tradition, culture and the family), and it vehemently opposes it on issues that are actually important (unrestrained capitalism, unrestrained ecological decimation).

>Watch less than one show on each service, on average
>See most movies in the kinoplex, but the blu ray if I plan to rewatch them

There's no way I'm paying for 10 subscriptions to use each of them a couple of times a month. If I couldn't pirate shit I just wouldn't watch it.

Your money goes to large corporations, probably cucked into a shitty car/home loan too. Me? I get to travel, eat nice food and have disposable income not tied down to anything. Enjoy life cuckboy

based

Attached: 1552737281403.png (333x304, 139K)

I'm not everyone. My ability to contribute to the market is limited and my choices are a reflection of a wider attitude towards paying for media, not a cause.

>Why is Citizen Kane not in public domain?
Really? Fuck

Don't tell them anything, the normies are important to our cause. They get to be assfucked by corporations & be trapped in lower class while we get what they get for free, higher res usually too.

Attached: DXobWy1U0AA7Cq7.jpg (960x887, 77K)

Bs

Citizen Kane will enter the public domain in 2036 under current law
There is not a single television show in the public domain... because the electric television had not been invented by the most recent year of copyright expirations.
There is no reason for this. It's all lobbying and a lack of public interest pushing literally unconstitutional laws through congress for the benefit of corporations. It has repeatedly been shown to stifle the growth of culture and creativity.

Copyright should be unlimited as long as the original company is stilla round.

Congrats, now you will have media copyrighted for all eternity.

Attached: 1517084130491.jpg (1162x850, 365K)

t. schlomo

Attached: 1555034545977.jpg (876x1024, 297K)

for what fucking purpose? Copyright doesn't exist to give companies exclusive rights to their products indefinitely. The entire point of copyright law is to give a period for a company to recoup development costs without having to worry about competition, not protecting the work in any moral or legal sense. The constitution literally states:
>To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries.
FOR A LIMITED TIME, to promote the progress of useful arts. How does an unlimited copyright produce the progress of useful arts?

Clearly a jewish response. How about making things public domain when the last original rights holder dies. Or tie it to the last person alive who participated and still earns from it.

Once every soul that made a thing is dead, it should belong to the world.

I'm reporting you to the ADL for anti-Semitism.

The anti-Semitic posts are completely uncalled for and not wanted here on 4channel. I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

I dont consider it art so there's no problem with letting them keep it

Crap, I thought I was on Yea Forums.org TM. Sorry, please don't report me.

>in 100 years Disney is still making superhero movies
>culture has regressed to the point where movies are now called "marvels"
>children no longer read or write at school, but memorize quips in their daily Disney required viewing classes

>
super based and redpilled

Attached: imagine paying for any form of media when you can just torrent it...png (578x712, 38K)

You're trying to be funny and you just look autistic.

Attached: 1508826797570.jpg (504x566, 58K)

>Studios literally labels it art and hides being artistic expression to promote controversial shit
>But this one retarded neckbeard on a Mongolian yak fetish forum doesn't think it's art, so let's just forget about copyright laws, the Constitution and retarded shit that

Attached: 1554953456515.png (700x700, 334K)

You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.

Attached: fined.jpg (553x464, 66K)

so we're going to determine if something is art and afterwards either revoke their exclusive ownership of it after a reasonable copyright term or if it's simply entertainment allow them perpetual rights? Fuck off, you're the problem.

i'd like to see some yak fetish

The market is oversaturated with shit anyway. Too many fucking sequels and capeshit.

NOOO

Attached: 1553283370928.jpg (1074x1261, 179K)

You are the problem. You have no ability to look at anything from any other perspective except your greedy own

If we were still in the pre-television days, i would agree. But the advancement of technology demands a new look into the laws.

>Using legalistic bureaucracy to define art

>But the advancement of technology demands a new look into the laws.

Wait, hold on. Are you saying that the Constitution is not up to date on the advancement of technology? You come across as a mainstream cucked Republican, and I assume you're [rightfully] a defender of the 2nd amendment. Which makes this fucking hilarious, since the libtards trying to have the 2nd amendment revoked are using the exact same rationale as you are when you're cucking yourself for corporations.

If you are in favor of grabbing guns, then fair game. You're just retarded across the table. But if you're not, you're one hypocritical piece of shit.

No ones paying for your shitty music commie.

>But the advancement of greedy corporations demands they get to control the laws.
ftfy

>jailbreak it
Holy fuck you can do that?

You come off as a hippy that just wants everything free. Go hug a tree and go back to /g/

I accept your defeat.

Are you this imbelice or is it just full of you retards tonight for some reason?

>You have no ability to look at anything from any other perspective except your greedy own
how is it greedy to say that these crazy internet copyright policing laws would be a whole lot easier to swallow if copyright term was actually reasonable. If tech companies could say "we know it sucks not being able to use top 40s music in your youtube video, but you have a big catalog of public domain music to draw on" it would promote the "progress of useful arts" as well as allow companies to recoup development costs on their investments into the arts. Instead mega corporations get to sit on their century-old music licenses and charge blockbuster licensing rates for songs that recouped their development cost a week after being released. That is literally unconstitutional and yes, technology has already invalidated the single actual reason put forth for the extension of copyright laws in the first place
>to prevent the distribution of lesser copies
digitization makes this irrelevant

>You can't OWN a visualized idea put on media, man. WOOOOO
that's you

Attached: f62b39b8418152ffa8a2cd3434106b4e.jpg (846x629, 65K)

Attached: hippies.gif (480x270, 1.19M)