The only good Star Wars movies

The only good Star Wars movies.

Attached: StarWarsTrilogy.jpg (800x405, 131K)

Pic not related?

Return of the Jedi is hot garbage.

But solo was based.

>Return of the Jedi
>Empire bore me again
yeah no

The prequels are pretty good too, but, yes they are the soul of this now dead and soulless franchise.

Agreed

Wheres episode 3?

^look mom, I'm being edgy online!

The only good Star Wars movie.

Attached: starwars-77poster-illustrated.jpg (1000x1567, 331K)

Das ist richtig.

Not him, nya, but I second this opinion.
It's the weakest of the Original Trilogy, nya.
Nya, that's something that you've just gotta accept.

They're solid, but I would also argue the prequels are alright when some attention is taken to trimming unnecessary garbage. Items like a lot of jar jar's slapstick, poop jokes, and other pointless hiijinks that serves nothing to the story, creates errors, makes main character's motivations elusive, or ruins themes or tones of scenes.

To this end I recommend the phantom edit, it actually manages to refine a decent film out of the phantom menace.

Pic unrelated, The Last Jedi was better.

>he likes blatantly obvious matte painting backgrounds
>he likes Sesame Street tier muppets
>he likes Ham Solo
>he likes awful acting and cringe incest reveal
>he likes teddy bears with sticks and rocks defeating the most feared and elite force in the galaxy
>he likes Luke giving in to the dark side then immediately going “lmao nevermind jk”

Attached: 6C7F5FE8-E44A-4C90-BC6C-10B8E6A52DA7.png (1334x750, 1.88M)

Honestly the prequels as a whole are mediocre but Episode 3 is unironically the magnum opus of the series.

throw RotJ and put RotS

You need better bait.

Fixed

Attached: SW.jpg (800x405, 6K)

This and Ewan's Obi-Wan are the essential on-screen Jedi Knights. Without ROTJ's wardrobe and dark side powers like choking the guards he's just a generic action kid in the other two movies

Attached: luke-skywalker.jpg (970x545, 74K)

As much as I like ESB and as much as it is considered the best SW film, it is an objective fact that people of any age who watch it for the first time today are bored to tears and think it’s terrible. These same people will watch Raiders of the Lost Ark and Jaws and be entertained. I think this clearly means that SW is a product of its era and fans of the OT are holding on to nostalgia. This is why chinks can’t get into SW and why prequel kids think the prequels are better

The best SW movie hands down

Everything besides Nu-Wars is good.

I watched Jaws and ANH with young kids just a few weeks ago and they loved both. You're a moron.

There are no good Star Wars movies

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1696x1462, 705K)

Hoth is boring, the Asteroid is boring, Bespin is Boring, only Dagobah is entertaining

And the prequels?

If I had to only play one, should I play part 1 or part 2?

>It's the weakest of the Original Trilogy
still better than anything since

I don’t need to watch an edit to like the prequels. I hated them when they came out, even hated RotS. But I’m over it now and they’re actually quite good. Ignore Jar-Jar and Boss Nass. The cringe love parts and the bad dialogue. The music is great, action is great, narrative and story are great. A few performances are meh but Ewan and Ian are quite good and Hayden didn’t deserve the hate, he’s great in RotS. I like the evolution of the ships and the evolution of clone troopers.

Lucas got crap for green screens and over reliance on CGI and projecting TPM digital then filing the other two on prototype digital cameras but they look pristine even compared to 35mm due to a variety of factors that mostly exaggerate films ability to resolve very low contrast line pairs at high resolution in perfect conditions which Hollywood films are nowhere near (plus 2K DIs even today). But now every movie is scanned if it’s on film and editing is done digitally. Projection is digital and if it wasn’t for nostalgic filmmakers and Kodak deals, everything would be digital. Every movie is full of CGI and made with green screens and motion balls whether we like it or not. He was an innovator with these films. The haters still talk about them so clearly they are important

I didn’t say “ANH”, I said ESB. Which is definitely boring to most people who watch it presently.

It’s called Star Wars by the way, not “ANH”

>If I had to only play one
1 but play 2 with the restoration mod after.

>He was an innovator with these films.
That's Lucas in a nutshell. He had an absolute boner for innovation and pushing technology further. Even the PT had lots of advancements in filmmaking technology & while people give him crap for greenscreens, the PT actually had more practical effects than the OT. Every film had tons of sets, props & costumes.

NOT ENOUGH COLOURED FOLKS!
DANCE COLOURED FOLKS DANCE!
ENTERTAIN ME!

>good SW movies

Attached: 1550347746876.png (351x285, 120K)

You can absolutely enjoy 2 without playing 1. I played 2 first and thought it was great. The references to the first game never go beyond allusions and references, so it had a pretty interesting feel of uncovering a mystery. When I got around to actually playing 1 I was deeply disappointed. Both in the lower quality of writing and characters, but also how it failed to live up to the mysterious aura the second built it up with.

Kotor 1 is probably super memorable if you play it first and don't know the twist, but if you've had it spoiled, you can honestly skip it.

It bothered me when TFA was unveiled at Comic-Con by saying it had “practical effects” and everybody cheered. Does it really have more practical effects than the prequels? People made it sound like the entire thing was shot in a green room but that’s not true. Even the ships in the prequels were models (combined with CG). It also bothered me that TFA was shot on film. A step down, I mean it has objectively worse image quality than “stuck at 1080p” RotS. It’s soft, a little grainy, and the desert parts are desaturates of color bordering on B&W. It also has a 2K digital intermediate the same as AotC and RotS.

ROGUE ONE - ANH - ESB

The REAL trilogy

I am prequel kid and even then I named my cat Luke, not Anakin, evidently because after watching all available Star wars I liked Luke more.

>ROGUE ONE

TFA had buttloads of CGI in the end. Too much for a movie claiming to make a return to practicals. They didn't have half the practical effects of any of the individual prequel films. It's false advertisement.

RIP KOTOR

Attached: kotor apieron conversion project, killed by disney lucasfilm.jpg (2308x696, 380K)

>nya
have some self-respect man.

Based, but...
Is red pilled

Raiders of the Lost Ark isn’t entertaining—it’s problematic now and could never be made today. White man disturbing indigenous tribes? C’mon. and the inclusion of God and the Angels of death would make the film banned in China.

I like character arcs, without RotJ, luke has none and thus renders the trilogy meaningless. All those things you mentioned are surface level details that don't matter

A New Hope and Empire are the only objectively great films. You can spend all day debating the rest.

Soon

Attached: KOTOR 1 & 2.jpg (1280x720, 199K)

Time to die, user. Into the fires you go.

>KOTOR II is better than I

Attached: 1524533888473.jpg (491x713, 64K)

they're both equally decent, though the second really does suffer from debilitating bugs, I literally got prevented from loading the fight on the sith ship in KOTORII on my second play through (of course this is fixed in the pc release now but all the console copies are forever screwed up), and the rush to release cut out loads of content

>As much as I like ESB and as much as it is considered the best SW film, it is an objective fact that people of any age who watch it for the first time today are bored to tears and think it’s terrible.
>This is why chinks can’t get into SW

I see the shills are still making excuses for trying to trash the OT and why the ST was doing badly in China.

>KOTOR I is better than II.

Attached: well.gif (320x240, 1.58M)