Remember that time a movie about a sad, retarded monkey man passed 100 million at the box office?

Remember that time a movie about a sad, retarded monkey man passed 100 million at the box office?
How did he do it?

Attached: dragon-ball-super-broly.jpg (1000x563, 548K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vPzoh3TL7bc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ask your Mexican relatives, Paco.

Nu-Broly proves that Toriyama hasn't lost it, so why does he let Toyotaro fuck up his creation?

Because Toriyama now, on top of being lazy like he has always been, is an almost 70 year old man.
He wouldn't be able to keep up with the schedule of a mangaka.

>Nu-Broly proves that Toriyama hasn't lost it

It proves he has.

This is a self-loathing mexican website, retard.

What did you find unappealing?

Shut the fuck child

sayajins are not monkeys
monkeys in db world look like monkeys in our world

lmao what was the problem with this movie besides broly's purple pants

He said monkey man you retard

Back to your contaminated playground, Pedro.

Because the original Broly movie sucked and Toriyama had a VERY long time to think about how to improve it, the idea's for this film have probably been in his head for years now.
I don't think Toriyama could come up with something this good from scratch now.

>Because the original Broly movie sucked
yikes

Old Broly is for men, the new one for women.

There is not a single redeemable quality of the OG Broly movie, other than the fact that it led to the new one

Cause super was shit and set the bar so low.

*tips basedbean*

But it did, OG Broly as a character had some cool moments, but the overall movie was ass.
NuBroly's movie is actually a good film.

>why is a movie a bout a widely popular character so successful?
Gee I dunno.

OG Broly had cool moments, but his backstory is so fucking retarded it is genuinely shocking that they went with the idea

I wish it had passed well over 400 million so it would become the highest grossing anime movie for good. Your Name is shit.

>OG Broly as a character had some cool moments
I really loved the part where he screamed KAKAROTTO

Yeah i mean it was just as trashy as the other retro DBZ movies, people just remember it more fondly because Broly had the biggest number and looked cool.

Why did this movie do better than Battle of Gods?

Were people really more hyped for the return of Broly than the return of Dragon Ball itself?

Attached: asdasdasd.png (224x225, 68K)

That was in the second movie, wasn't it? He spoke more than that in the first

Yep NuBroly movie is better but I prefer the old Broly because I prefer a Saiyan overpowered that's not goku or one of his friends and can't be redeemed because he's autistically evil

>Remember that time a movie about a sad, retarded monkey man passed 100 million at the box office?
>Box office: $66.8 million[4]
close but no cigar

Attached: 1523737531846.jpg (220x326, 53K)

>Why did this movie do better than Battle of Gods?
because battle of Gods is one of the worst movies and so bad that they trashed the Super Saiyan God (red) for a blue one because how stupid the entire phetus of Pan giving you God powers was

I didn't like how the film retconed the Saiyans. Raditz and Nappa were portrayed as the norm for Saiyans now they just seem like massive assholes even by their standards. The fights were alright until Broly went full retard

But people didn't know that going in

The plot is so fucking paper thin and the characters are so incredibly flat. They basically wanted to show a 45 minute fight scene as soon as possible. Its such a fucking hollow flick but Dragonball manbabies love it as long as there are some dudes pummeling each other at light speed and shoot beams at each other.

Nahh i don't think that's necessarily true, it just added some nuance to saiyans.
They are still savage, conquering assholes, but it makes total sense that they'd be a little better to eachother, otherwise they couldn't have a functional society.

>Were people really more hyped for the return of Broly than the return of Dragon Ball itself?
yes, broly going super saiyan is one of the most kino moments in dragon ball

youtube.com/watch?v=vPzoh3TL7bc

>dudes pummeling each other at light speed and shoot beams at each other
That's literally the only acceptable reason to watch anime.

grow up

Have sex.

Yes they did, because everyone who like dragon balls already saw it in jap with subs same with broly but because the movie was good they wanted to see the movie with good quality

>tfw no cheelai gf
It's not fucking fair.

Attached: ZFuS5mr.png (193x120, 38K)

The movie was good but the ending pissed me off

GO
BROLY
GO
BROLY
GOGETA
GOGETA
GOGETA
GOGETA
OHEO OHEO
OHEO OHEO

Is that yamcha in the background?

No thats broly.

Attached: protecc.jpg (960x1080, 151K)

Because BoG was 1h10min of talking and 15min of action while Broly was 40/60

Paragus and Frieza are the actual best parts of the movie. Once goku turns into sscgiss it turns into a shitfest

But it is Cletus.

aren't you mutts closely related to mexicans?

SUUUUPAAA BROOOLYY