Why do people like this blatant propaganda?

Why do people like this blatant propaganda?

Attached: 411363.jpg (1100x619, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6wx8X0yDD38
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Portuguese_Alliance
youtube.com/watch?v=tHA1ufmLZQY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why are yuropoors so stupid?

Mel himself admitted he was too old for the role but his star power was the only way to get it made. Maybe he was really into Scottish history at the time.

What would this propaganda be, user?

How did William "Braveheart" Wallace know the Scots were charging the fields of Bannockburn when his head was placed on London Bridge? Did he gain superpowers for real?

Because it subjects Limeys to biblical levels of anal annihilation.

Have you ever spoken to a scot? They hate Mel Gibson for such an awful portrayal of history.

Scots all seem to love this film

he probably speaks of Lowland Scots, who're basically, in 8 out of 10 cases just Limey colonists.

Attached: says it all really.jpg (449x433, 50K)

I will admit most of my interactions when visiting the UK are with lowlanders.

What the fuck is a Lowland Scot?

Butthurt Limeys will be butthurt Limeys, visit the isles or the highlands if you want a genuine Scottish experience.

I'm English. I love this film

Possibly the most inaccurate 'historical' film ever made
And retarded scots will still consider it as absolute truth

Because it’s pure rebellion kino. Historically accurate or not, it’s a good fucking movie.

show teeth, Cornelius Pippington

Based

>be Scot in 1995
>historical film about one of your national heroes comes out
>get hyped
>go to watch it
>absolutely love it
>some time later find out how inaccurate it is
>"pssht what a bad movie

>Highlanders
Traditionally speak Gaelic, practice Catholicism, wear kilts, have more culturally in common with Ireland and Norway
>Lowlanders
Traditionally speak Scots, practice Presbyterianism, wear trousers, have more culturally in common with England and France

Of course in modernity they're more or less indistinguishable from each other and any other British people for that matter

Attached: Lowland Scots at the Battle of Dunbar by Graham Turner.jpg (1500x1047, 308K)

Too pricey to visit... I can barely afford it as it is

Because fuck the English that's why

I love the the ending credits claim that Scotland became free after the events.
Good movie, but has nothing at all to do with reality.

I wish we could get some true Edwart I kino. Literally called Hammer of the Scots, subjugated Wales in his youth, built a shit ton of castles in it, and then went and buttfucked Scotland in between fucking over France.

Had the biggest Trebuchet ever built, when the defenders saw it they surrendered. Thought it was such a shame that they went to all that effort and ordered it to be fired anyway.

He also expelled the Jews. Actually that might explain why we won't get a movie about him.

Watch Outlaw King

Attached: ok cinegrid.jpg (2876x1190, 297K)

a shame, they're beautiful.

save your money, it's literally 3rd world and fatter than muttmerica

I actually had a chance to visit some of the castles.
He had the same guy design all of them. They're the best kept castles in the world.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

Cultural appropriation bullshit. Muh representation and victimhood.

Thank you user. I appreciate it.
I've always wondered who spoke Scots versus who spoke Gaelic. Would you happen to know when, why, and how the split in language came about? I know Scots is a Germanic language and Gaelic isn't. I'm talking about the fact that one group of Scots seemingly suddenly started speaking an entirely unrelated language.

Attached: Brent Rambo.gif (320x240, 1.08M)

youtube.com/watch?v=6wx8X0yDD38

good film

>Had the biggest Trebuchet ever built, when the defenders saw it they surrendered. Thought it was such a shame that they went to all that effort and ordered it to be fired anyway.
based

Attached: Outlaw King Warwolf.webm (900x506, 2.82M)

>Another source of crown income was represented by England's Jews. The Jews were the king's personal property, and he was free to tax them at will.[166] By 1280, the Jews had been exploited to a level at which they were no longer of much financial use to the crown, but they could still be used in political bargaining.[167] Their usury business – a practice forbidden to Christians – had made many people indebted to them and caused general popular resentment.[168] In 1275, Edward had issued the Statute of the Jewry, which outlawed usury and encouraged the Jews to take up other professions;[169] in 1279, in the context of a crack-down on coin-clippers, he arrested all the heads of Jewish households in England and had around 300 of them executed.[170] In 1280, he ordered all Jews to attend special sermons, preached by Dominican friars, with the hope of persuading them to convert, but these exhortations were not followed.[171] The final attack on the Jews in England came in the Edict of Expulsion in 1290, whereby Edward formally expelled all Jews from England.[172] This not only generated revenues through royal appropriation of Jewish loans and property, but it also gave Edward the political capital to negotiate a substantial lay subsidy in the 1290 Parliament.

Most based king.

>yfw William Wallace was educated in France and spoke with a French accent, when he didn't just outright speak French
>yfw Lambert in Highlander actually has a more accurate accent than Mel did

SEETHING ANGLO

>Battle of Stirling Bridge
>there's no bridge

Yous are just raging you don't have kino about your country with the guy making it being a jew hater

>Yous
City retard detected

> be lowland scot
> full beard, dark hair, no ginger
> have scot/latin/Norman blood in family
> no english

AHEM, Fuck Gaul and fuck Anglo Saxons

>generated revenues through royal appropriation of Jewish loans and property
He was a giga-jew who's burning in hell for his usury.

He out-jewed the Jew.
That's based af.

>he doesn't know about ken loach

Imagine being English

>Ireland hates you
>Scotland hates you
>Native Americans hate you
>Native Australians hate you
>France hates you
>Germany hates you
>Spain hates you
>the entirety of Africa hates you
>India hates you

I mean, pretty much the entire world hates them
Do they have a single ally?

Attached: 754.jpg (563x721, 60K)

>being so cucked that you want to become your cucker
Yikes

portugal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Portuguese_Alliance

Anglophobia. The Patriot was the exact same.

M8 there were like 200 languages native to england at one points. no one really knows exactly how the cluster fuck was in reality

success breeds jealousy and this particular brand of jealousy has lasted for centuries.
besides portugal are our friends

>Would you happen to know when, why, and how the split in language came about?
It wasn't so much a split as it was two different groups coming into contact and being lumped together as 'Scots' because of where they happened to live. In terms of culture and political power there's been a bit of back and forth over the centuries as to which group was dominant. Roughly until the 13th century, it was the Highlands, and afterwards the Lowlands, but in the 19th century, Highland culture started to become very romanticised and trendy, so you have this awkward situation where the Highlands have been massively depopulated and Highlanders are being put under a lot of strain by the British government, but high society Lowlanders and English people are LARPing as them because they think they're cool.

So even though in modern times Highland culture has become all but extinct apart from a few isolated areas, a lot of staples of that culture are associated with the whole of Scotland.

Attached: Rosa Bonheur, The Highland Shepherd.jpg (1819x1400, 804K)

Americans.

Who are slowly turning England and Britain at large to be their pets.

>M8 there were like 200 languages native to england at one points
In Roman times, sure, but Scots and Gaelic had a roughly equal number of speakers until the middle of the 18th century.

Attached: 1529849148529.jpg (940x1203, 403K)

They did that after WW2, that's why the US got involved in the first place.

youtube.com/watch?v=tHA1ufmLZQY

kek
That padlock is the perfect touch

Attached: 1540916297720.jpg (225x225, 11K)

I'm Scottish and I hate myself. Our country is shite these days. Everywhere you go you find Independence LARPers that think they're embodying the spirit of William Wallace by championing the right the fuck over the entire country and turn us into a third world shit hole.

>cutting rope

Attached: 1554823499630.jpg (359x222, 41K)

t.lowland

Untrue. Everyone here is either neutral to this movie or loves it

Hate how "game of thrones" this movie is

t. sheep-shagging third worlder trapped on a rocky hill.

seething Limey

my family fought with wallace and I don't hate the movie

>success
I think any accomplishments just might belong to the Normans..you know..french and norse

Great tits in this movie desu

>Scotland

Attached: Dunbar.png (318x678, 208K)

>turning

no they don't

>BY THESE SWANS

>biggest Trebuchet ever built,
WARWOLF

Because it's a great movie. Nobody sees it as propaganda because nobody thinks what happened centuries ago is relevant today. And we all know Mel adapted history to make a based movie.

Because everyone hates you Nigel

I love how the Scots convinced the world that they're the underdogs when they were at the forefront of the British Empire

Nahh no me mate

Not an isolated incident.

Are we talking the biggest one ever built and used for warfare, or was it bigger than the modern ones that loonies use to fling cars with?

Because when you watch it with 13 years old you don't try to see all the political stuff, you didn't knew Yea Forums either. So you just focus in the story of the movie, and that story is great. And it is still great, I don't care if it was made as an anti-english propaganda or not.

Because Edward I murders a faggot.

>genuine Scottish experience
Scots are just English people larping as highlanders because they moved north

Only utter spergs. Most Scots laugh off the inaccuracies and enjoy it as a movie.

Quality post.

It's so inaccurate it's insulting it pissed alot of people off stop talking out of your ass

What are the historical errors of the movie?

Theres a whole section on wikipedia dedicated to it

Only to spergs like you, user.

william wallace was an african female

He died and became an angel in the service of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

brits try to market themselves using film and television as sophisticated, european, royal, old-world, despite being the alabama of europe since it was discovered, crawling with apes, by the romans.

Willaim Wallace didn't get his cock cut off and shown to him during the scene where his ghost-wife walks past smiling.

ruined the film for me.

I wonder who could be behind this post.

Attached: 1537961220928.png (742x540, 26K)

you mean america?

same with the irish too. both groups made up a hell of a lot of colonial administrators and settlers AND soldiers yet now the tide has turned again that side of history they're pretending they were colonised too.

Longshanks and his Warwolf literally did nothing wrong.

Attached: Longshanks.jpg (1084x1171, 152K)

>I mean, pretty much the entire world hates them

Not really, seeing as there's a term of love for England and its culture called Anglophilia. One of only two relevant country philias to have, along with Francophile.

hello soissenach

>Only 2 military powers in the EU capable of force projection
>Only EU nations with aircraft carriers
>Only EU nations with nuclear capabilities
>Only EU nations that have interventionist foreign policies
>Only EU nations with blue water Navy
>Created the basis for all democracy on planet Earth via the two most successful competing forms of modern government. The parliamentary Westminster system and the republic under a President.
>Created the 2 most dominant languages and cultures on the planet.
>The 2 most prolific and dominating historic nations of science and mathematics. Only rivalled in recent years by the USA.
>The 2 most extensive and powerful empires in history that clashed multiple times.
>Dominate popular culture. Have both the most visited tourist destination in the world and such a massively disproportionately powerful sway over music that the Americans have a first and second "invasion".

Only Germans and Americans seethe over it.

>got cucked by Normans and lost they original language and culture
rape babies lel

are you English?

>Only EU nations with aircraft carriers
France only has one, and it's a glorified helicopter carrier.
The ones Britain are developing don't even have their own aircraft, as they literally can't afford them.

>implying aircraft carriers mean anything in today's warfare
literally status symbols

I'm sure there are loads but the one I remember the most is them conquering York

seethe over what?

The Normans were a ruling elite and had little cultural impact on your average person. English is a West Germanic language with French loanwords.

Attached: Most common words in English.png (616x794, 49K)

are you dumb?
Aircraft carriers are the most important weapon in todays world.
WW2 taught the world the importance of airpower, which allows you to win battles anywhere on earth.

>The ones Britain are developing don't even have their own aircraft

Looks like I can see aircraft here. As for planes Britain as 17 F-35bs with more being delivered.

Attached: hms queen elizabeth enters portsmouth5.jpg (2000x1333, 942K)

>a bunch of scots living in Scotland all seething about how much they hate Mel Gibson
Hilarious if true.

Nice helicopter carrier
>britain has 17 f35's
Loaned from Daddy America.
Each of the carriers can carry up to 35 or so of them.
They can't even afford to fill them to capacity, lel.

>Loaned from Daddy America.

No all 17 are Britain's. The first carrier won't even be fully commissioned for at least another 2 years either. Given the carriers will be in service for at least 50 years they'll be filled up soon enough.

>manning the rails at attention
>not parade rest
no wonder you're no longer the world's best navy. i seriously hope they don't really do that.

>HMS Queen Elizabeth remains set to be deployed on global operations from 2021. Britain has said it will buy 138 F-35B stealth jets and has committed the money for the first 48.
Well shit, I thought I read a few years ago that they barely had the money to fill up half a carrier, and had to borrow some.

Well this is a nice turn of events.

>getting exiled 100+ times for a thousand years for usury and drinking infants blood
>being a bull

pick one

Jews are the biggest coward faggots in existence.

well there'll be two carriers in that class so they better buy quite a few of them because they've been designed around the f-35b

Attached: f35 ii bae.jpg (1024x791, 132K)

carriers are hardly ever at full surge capacity if they're just out and about on the ocean waves, or even delivering airstrikes to some middle-east shithole. only in a full on war will they be maxed out.

Genuine question here for Americans: why the fuck do you make insults for Brits so fluid? Someone might refer to all Brits as limeys and as having bad teeth and then turn around and say it’s only the English that have bad teeth and are limeys. Which is it?

Highlanders haven’t practiced Catholicism since the reformation. And we only wear kilts for special occasions
>mfw an american tries to tell me about my country

Scots is just English getting fucked by gaels you retard. It's a natural buffer zone. Use your fucking brain.

Too bad. The movie was great and a "true depiction" would've been boring. Scots should just be happy that anybody is thinking about them at all.

>battle of stirling bridge
>no bridge in sight

It’s not. It’s literally not you dumb fucking american. It’s english spoken with a heavy Scottish accent

No the catholic Irish got a shit deal, but yes the Scots hit the jackpot with the union.

Not meant to be historical depiction of events. It’s a story about a group of people fighting for freedom and overcoming their oppressors. Its about an ideal- better to die for freedom than to live a slave.

Y’all are just autists that need to watch a documentary.

"British" and "English" are basically synonymous words to us. We don't really make the distinction. I would guess a good majority of Americans don't actually know the difference.

Usually when we say "British" we mean "people in London".

>1400 years later
>Britsharias still boiling
Top jej

I'm American and I'd call what I'm doing giggling rather than seething

What would he think of Scotland today?

Attached: scotland.png (1080x563, 514K)

Britain = England to us. We don't consider Scotland, N Ireland, and Wales.

>"British" and "English" are basically synonymous
>Usually when we say "British" we mean "people in London".
It seems you don’t even know what english means either, considering

Most Americans (and indeed most international audiences) knew next to nothing about Scotland, William Wallace and Robert the Bruce until this movie came out, outside of maybe what they saw in old Chuck Jones cartoons; and this was finally a somewhat relateable insight into a time people find inherently fascinating, anyway (the Medieval period) and it was Scottish, no less. Though the actual tale isn't anywhere near as conducive to a revolutionary war type narrative as something like the Patriot (another propagandized Gibson flick), so it had to be jazzed up and fucked with historically.

Attached: Scots.png (591x435, 42K)

And where does that accent come from you dumb shit? Gaelic.

lowland scots are anglicised cumbrians not colonists

Scotland is 96% white, more white than your country ever was or will be. No amount of screenshots from SNP twatter is going to change that

Nope

Correct. Best include that in your post next time brainlet

>>Ireland hates you
>>Scotland hates you
>>Native Americans hate you
>>Native Australians hate you
>>France hates you
>>Germany hates you
>>Spain hates you
>>the entirety of Africa hates you
>>India hates you
All these people have abandoned their native languages for English or currently are they can't hate us too much since they hate their own cultures and languages and want to be English.

>votes against his own independence
>muh freedom
this much cope lol

Attached: Battle of Falkirk.png (567x301, 26K)

FUCK THE ENGLISH

the ones in the former kingdom of ystrad clut are

Attached: The Isles 570 anno domini.jpg (564x814, 132K)

I literally did.

Being gods chosen people breeds jealousy

Attached: bbb.jpg (200x238, 12K)

except the gall goidil

Based and Melpilled

Attached: a big cross for you.jpg (1258x1728, 1.24M)

>white
lmao cant even claim to be that scottish, when euros use white instead of their native nationality in these percentages you know they've been heavily cucked. those "whites" are probably all fenians and poles

for me, it was the French chick telling that old bastard shes preggers with a scottish kid, and shes gonna shank his faggot son as soon he dies, one of the best scenes in history.

>Pink Map

>90% white British
>83% white Scottish
>62% identified as Scottish only

Attached: earlgrey.jpg (599x466, 26K)

Canada of course
>fights for the crown during two world wars
>politely asks for independence instead of rebelling like niggers
>gets it
>still features the queen on our currency

Attached: 1537493636243.png (1600x1259, 3.34M)

The French princess was four years old at the time.
Now, I'm not saying Braveheart, William Wallace, DIDN'T have sex with her

Attached: he come out stew.jpg (1280x720, 308K)

>It seems you don’t even know what english means either, considering

highlanders are proddys m8

>Edward the 3rd is the son of Wallace

Attached: durrr.png (411x302, 182K)

Wallace being the hero for one, Robert the Bruce is the guy who actually did everything.

we are genetically separate, mutt

im strictly talking about the scene from the movie m8, that scene could be replicated under any context and would still be awesome.

you're misunderstanding scottish only, that's an anti british thing

>Canada
Oh you mean New China?

cope, best colony coming through

Attached: 1535418677482.jpg (1024x768, 93K)

>implying Wallace will be the the father of the future Edward the 3rd

it's still retarded

obviously not, he's dead lmao. Longshanks hated the fact that his son was gay, and he thought the French bitch was just a stupid whore, but she got the last laugh in the end because deep down he knew his faggot son wouldn't even be able to stop a girl, and her french ass was gonna sit on his throne with her mutt child.

Wasn't there another knight who did all the military planning and leadership who got killed and then Wallace took all the credit?

Andrew Moray

What she didn't know is that longshanks raped her and it's his child.
I can make stuff up too.

what fucking movie did you watch lmao

Bankrupting yourself through stupid wars then trying to get the money back through stealing from Jews was a very common thing during the Middle Ages. Was the reasonf or 99% of medieval Jewish "expulsions"

>Braveheart gets made in 2019
>gets trashed for cultural appropriation during production
>movie finishes, networks refuse to show the trailer
>movie theaters refuse to show it
>only plays in two theaters in the middle of nowhere
>every actor says how much they hated working on the movie
>0% on Rotten Tomatoes

That's the impression i got anyway. Who care it's all made up.

Attached: 1486696725850.jpg (843x1102, 210K)

The fuck are you on about m8? A better version of braveheart was made last year and it was fairly popular
>muh cultural appropriation
What?

Attached: 1534106567789.jpg (1183x660, 241K)

Imagine being a medieval retard peasant and seeing the king yeet a flaming boulder through the sky to smash the local castle

Because it's one of the most masculine movies ever made.

i like it because it has no niggers in it

based

Found the englishman