youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Zqutn9vwHs8
youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
youtube.com/watch?v=2QW2Wh1OZBA
youtube.com/watch?v=chmfOI6sTMo
princeton.edu/~rbenabou/papers/Religion December 1g_snd.pdf
nber.org/papers/w21052.pdf
nature.com/articles/28478
diyhpl.us/~nmz787/pdf/The_Relation_Between_Intelligence_and_Religiosity__A_Meta-Analysis_and_Some_Proposed_Explanations.pdf
economist.com/news/international/21623712-how-education-makes-people-less-religiousand-less-superstitious-too-falling-away
youtu.be/cWjrS4uftXQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dunno lol

damn that is some ironclad logic there

Attached: 1536155664893.png (232x217, 8K)

Burden of proof. You cannot prove the absence of something, the usual.

Attached: passion.jpg (2000x1333, 409K)

you can't prove a negative

>Can't prove the absence of something
>never knows if there's an absence of fire in his house because he can't prove it.

No, because in that case you would simply assume that there was no fire until you were proven otherwise.

*tips*

So why does the same logic not apply here?

Oh nooo it's another thread with braindead posts or people pretending to be braindead which is it gonna beee hahaaa i'm sure going to stay and find out

he can say it but it still isn't true

Why are Protestant Evangelicals incredibly stupid?

Unironically

Attached: CIN_LifeofBrian_thumb_1600x900.jpg (1600x900, 104K)

This really isn't a good argument for Christians, as it can be used against them by Zeusians. Same with pascals wager.

>DUDE LOGIC FTW!

>Foretold 2,000 years ago that the dead bodies of God's two witnesses in the end times would be seen by everyone on earth.
>Foretold 2,000 years ago that no one would be able to buy or sell without a mark in their right hand or forehead, received by those eternally damned who worship the beast and his image when he uses miracles to deceive everyone except true Christians into believing that he is God.
>Foretold exactly how Cyrus would overthrow Babylon 150 years before Cyrus was born.
>Foretold Babylonian, Medo-Persian, Grecian, and Roman empires in order, a well as Antiochus Epiphanes and others before they existed.
>Described dinosaurs (Behemoth and Leviathan) in book of Job.
>Said that the earth is a circle that hangs on nothing and that in its center is hell.
>66 books written by 40 authors over 1,500 years and all foretell Jesus.
>Foretold false religions being brought by satan pretending to be an angel (Mormonism and Islam).
>Every "contradiction" claimed against it turns out to be false when researched and is usually someone's lack of reading comprehension.
>So hated by satan's globalists that they planned in the 60's and before to have the KJV altered to help bring in a one world religion, exactly as it foretold:
youtube.com/watch?v=5qUQgsR4n8E
youtube.com/watch?v=-CY-jX9juoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8DA8DK0u0Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ
>Exposes the scientific fraud and basic fallacies of evolution in front of three evolutionist professors who can't refute any of it:
youtube.com/watch?v=Zqutn9vwHs8
>Tells you that all you have to do to avoid hell, have a permanent ticket to heaven, and have Christ's righteousness imputed to you is: know you have sinned, know your works won't save you, and believe that Jesus, the son of God, died and was bodily brought back to life again three days later as a payment for your sins.
youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
Nothing personal, kid.

Attached: KJV.jpg (1200x1200, 469K)

Orthodox > mainline Protestants* >>>>>>>> Catholics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> evangelical Protestants

*Lutherans excluded, they’re the worst of all

Really make you think

Not how proving stuff works.

and your point is?

Hacksaw Ridge is the only answer.

Actual Christfag pandering bullshit about "miracles" where some cancer kid or their dog doesn't die because MUH GOD are universally unwatchable trash and are in fact just watered down commercialized, "feel good" Christianity for literal brainlet NPC's and thots. Modern American Christians, particularly and especially evangelicals, are a perversion of faith and have bought into the fast food equivalent of an ideology made to comfort them of their self absorbed bullshit and handwave their bigotry, selfishness, hate, and sin by only dwelling on the notions of heaven and miracles rather than hell and karmic justice.

Any movie where the main character gets BTFO in the end.

Think you made a mistake there, I think you meant
Catholics >>>>>>> heathens

It does. Think it through.

But that's wrong, Lutherans are fine.

Bro nothing existed at all until all the elements in the universe smashed together and created everything at once.

wow you're smart

asshole, get off my board
go back to /pol/ or something

Attached: startrekdumbasfuckingdirt.jpg (257x196, 4K)

wow thats a real dumb frogposter there.

t. Nigger feet-licker

t. Nigger baby-adopted

thank god this was never said in the history of mankind, that sounds silly

This omg! Feelz/reelz y'all!

>t. heretic orthoLARPer

>thank god
Thank you for admitting defeat, fedora tipper.

I mean, I'd rather hang atheists, but Evangelicals definitely deserve a bullet too.

Dude like what if we're all just part of some aliens drug induced trip or something? I cant prove we are but science cant prove were not. Check mate, brian boxes.

>ask for christian movies
>people post catholic trash
Why does it keep happening bros?

Attached: 1523334402700.jpg (800x614, 64K)

Christianity === Catholicism

youtube.com/watch?v=2QW2Wh1OZBA
>IF THERE IS A WAY
>TAKE THIS CUP AWAY FROM ME
>FOR I DON'T WANT TO TASTE ITS POISON
>FEEL IT BURN ME; I HAVE CHANGED
>I'M NOT AS SURE AS WHEN WE STARTED
>THEN I WAS INSPIRED, NOW, I'M SAD AND TIRED
>LISTEN, SURELY I'VE EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS
>TRIED FOR THREE YEARS; SEEMS LIKE THIRTY
>COULD YOU ASK AS MUCH FROM ANY OTHER MAN?

Jesus is the only way to heaven

>Protestant imagery

Embarrassing desu

The Church is the only way to Jesus

>expecting catholics to believe in the bible

Attached: 1257867125812690376267.jpg (493x492, 19K)

God exists and he hates us all. Atheists are stupid and act like untold suffering is a bug instead of a feature. It's not a coincidence very single religion has the same basic idea: "Do what I say or you'll get fucked up."
I mean, put yourself in His shoes. Would you give a shit about humanity after a millennia?

American protestantism sprung from people the european protestants kicked out for being retarded

>tips fedora

>A book written by men is infallible
You haven't understood anything have you?

>dude lets worship saints and mary but just call it veneration and hyper-veneration so we're not breaking any rules
okay guy

youtube.com/watch?v=chmfOI6sTMo
Wholesome Christian kino. Did you know Lincoln was a Buttercreamer?

Attached: 81Oorj8nFEL._SY445_.jpg (320x445, 55K)

Imagine a whole continent of rejects getting lucky and acquiring actual total power. I used to think the 20th century was a tragedy, but then I realized it's a comedy.

op is a retarded nuatheist larping a braindead megachurch fundie, but here are some actually good examples of christian films:

ordet
the passion of joan of arc
the decalogue
pickpocket
au hasard balthazar
diary of a country priest
the flowers of st. francis
tree of life
the last temptation of christ
silence
ben-hur
the ten commandments (sort of goofy, but i love it)

A spooky thought.

Serious christian kino though; Diary of a Country Priest.

Attached: 454757894537.jpg (500x376, 11K)

Attached: in-ur-strip-club-scaring-the-hell-out-of-u.png (1280x601, 507K)

>m-m-muh veneration
Protestants are as bad as fedoras

Not an argument. Try again, christfags.

Attached: 701.jpg (680x383, 28K)

papist kiddie fiddlers out out out!

Attached: Nicolas Cudemo.jpg (290x330, 36K)

Yes you can.

>LOL IT'S TOTALLY NOT WORSHIP!!
You can't even defend yourself because you know it's BS. ad-hom more moron.

Except the atheist argument is not that god does not exist, because atheism is not a belief, it´s not a matter of faith. It´s a matter of science. If an atheist sees god (and can understand it as such) it will accept it´s existence. This however is an impossibility because if something such as god exists it would be an absolute truth which the human mind would not be able to understand as humans relationship and understanding of reality is limited or rather conditioned by subjectivity.

Still, this does not mean that faith and knowledge are on equal ground. Partial knowledge still beats faith any day, specially, faith on religious books. Believing freely that a superior being exists is totally different to believing in scriptures wrote by men to manipulate the masses.

see guyz heresy is COOl

Spotlight (2015)

Not supporting a church that covered up child molestation is cool? I would probably just call it normal or moral, but whatever.

You may not know what Foretelling is.

>YOU CAN'T DISPROVE OUR GOD EXISTS
>Btw he's invisible, silent, emits no kind of traceable or detectable phenomena, is simultaneously outside of space-time and everywhere in it, and despite being omnipotent and omniscient never actually does anything

Attached: 1471198410716.png (787x770, 520K)

>"ITT: Christ-kino."
>posts pureflix propaganda
I see your thinly-veiled bait and raise you actual Christian kino

Attached: Ben_hur_1959_poster.jpg (1200x1821, 557K)

I'm sorry that intercessory is too big a word for your vocabulary

Anything with Christian Slater would be my guess.

Attached: christianslater.jpg (205x245, 6K)

Jesus is the only way to heaven
>John 14:6 KJV Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Pray to and worship only God
>Rev 19:10 KJV And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
No graven images or images of heaven
>Exodus 20:4 KJV 4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth
Yet Catholics believe you need to be in the church to get to heaven, they believe you can pray to saints to mediate between them and God, they have images of Jesus on the cross and keep statues of saints and idols
You’re part of a devil cult and you’re too blind to see it

Check

Uhhh if hes undetectable than where tf did grass come from lolllll

God does exist and he hates wh*Toids. Allah is great

>atheists
>I believe only in logic and proof
>also atheists
>N-NO FREE WILL EXISTS WITHOUT METAPHYSICS B-BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE IT DOES

>cannot comprehend figure of speech
damn, didn't know Yea Forums posters are this stupid

What utter retardation. A claim has been made that a deity exists. The burden is - and always will be - on those who make the fucking claim to prove that any deities exist. It's that simple. Why is this even a thing? The apologists, the know-it-alls, every Bible bashing cunt worth their salt has put forth their arguments and have been destroyed by Matt Dillahunty and his ilk. You are done. You have nothing. Fuck off.

>being an atheist in current year

Attached: Shrekbeard.jpg (353x334, 56K)

If you’re larping as X denomination because you fell for some stupid “muh white man’s religion” meme you’re no better than the e-pagans

you'd need to PROVE that free will exists.

Nobody is telling you time and space don't exist liar

I just slapped myself. Checkmate

Tbh the whole discussion is mostly made horrendously retarded by the juvenile idea of God as a Santa-like figure in the sky who mostly exists to help you through life if you pray to him. One that seems to be pretty prevalent among certain groups (such as the creators and audience of OPs film)

Do you go to church ever week anons?

Accidental reply

>also atheists
why do you type like a redditor?

The mistake atheists make is assuming god was created to explain things, rather than god being an inherent concept that naturally arises from intelligent thought, like morals, rules, etc.

how do you know that it's not God who makes you slap yourself?

Non meme question
What does he actually do realistically

Agnostic master race reporting in
>B-b-but that's just fence riding!
"No!'
There's nothing wrong with admitting that you don't know the answer to something that's unknowable.

>being a humanist in the current year

the only acceptable ideologies are either hardcore theistic, genuinely religious lifestyles or 200 IQ STEM professional techbro transhumanism, if you believe anything in between you are a certified faggot who should kys

If you don't know the answer then you should invent something and then shove it to everyone's face. If they don't agree with you then just call them a fedora-tipper.

If god is real then that user still did it himself since god gave out free will
You're dumb

the atheist fedora tipping meme was started by atheists making fun of themselves, then the tards took it

Its the whole "act like an idiot for fun and find yourself surrounded by actual idiots" thing

Not an argument and if I was from reddit I’d be atheist
Not relevant to the idea of free will though. Space is nothingness so obviously no element of consciousness arises from it, and time is simply things happening. At the very minimum free will would imply dimensions we can interact with but not observe

It’s weird because even the “professional atheists” base all their arguments around the idea that God is literally a dude sitting in the clouds.
Aquinas wrote tomes of autistically detailed arguments why this wasn’t the case yet fedoras and prots just act like that’s unimportant.

what if it's not God but Satan who makes him do it?

The only religion worth inventing now is a sex cult.

QUOTE FROM ALBERT EINSTEIN HIMSELF
“I am not an atheist”
PSEUDS BTFO

Attached: F77F93BD-9E02-4B10-8511-78F68844B389.png (229x220, 8K)

You don't have the same belief as me? Well then you wear a womans hat that I'm not fond of!

Attached: 1554430901337.jpg (401x455, 77K)

Based and probably saved when judgement comes

You do not know de weh

Attached: gaztons2.jpg (1020x729, 51K)

Because unlike 14 yo redditors, Einstein knew he didn't have all the answers.

Literal cope. As an atheist gentlesir, please provide proof of this claim!
Dude uhhh the universe is made of quantum foam lmao just believe us

That’s literally just a lie though, it came from that ancient “in this moment I am euphoric” picture
You can tell it’s not an atheist in-joke because of how butthurt they get about it to this very day

>if I was from reddit I’d be atheist
Didn't you get the memo? Atheism is "problematic" now.

Very religious people are literally modern day crazies.

says the one who thinks "God" is the answer

>cringe furfag is an atheist
not shocked

>write a bunch of autistic damage control about how dude god is real but you gotta flip your entire perception upside down and realize all kinds of meta shit, maaaan!

yeah yeah, it has been a shitty cope for centuries. it is the same shit as occultists who say
>heh, magic is real but it's not what you think it is kiddo
when once you get rid of all the semantics faggotry it's just "dude psychology lol" but with wizard trappings because people want to LARP and think the aesthetics are cool. it's just cope, plane and simple.

Don't mind me, posting some Christian Kino

Attached: 91o9OEGeLfL._RI_.jpg (1200x1600, 545K)

God can be the answer, it depends on the question.

you don't need to be atheist to realize all organized religions are bullshit though

your inane desire to prove free will determined you would make this point years ago.

Helps that it is an actual good movie first with lessons applicable regardless of religion and then a christ movie second

>even the “professional atheists” base all their arguments around the idea that God is literally a dude sitting in the clouds.
sauce?

Cope. 99% of liberals are atheist and are constantly pushing anti religious shit, unless it’s Islam.
Einstein did lol, guess he’s dumb!!

>IF YOU KNEW ALL THAT I KNEW, MY POOR JERUSALEM
>YOU'D SEE THE TRUTH, BUT YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES
>BUT YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES
>WHILE YOU LIVE, YOUR TROUBLES ARE MANY, POOR JERUSALEM
>TO CONQUER DEATH, YOU ONLY HAVE TO DIE
>YOU ONLY HAVE TO DIE

Attached: 6734574685.png (760x587, 360K)

100% This

>there are unexplained things
so would you rather:
1/ looking for the answer
2/ just say God did it

3/ blame it on sneed

i know thats were it came from
the original posters were just making fun of themselves, their edgier atheist faze as teenagers

but then actual religious people took it

I never said Einstein was a theist.

Daily reminder it has been empirically proven religiosity stifles scientific innovation.

princeton.edu/~rbenabou/papers/Religion December 1g_snd.pdf
nber.org/papers/w21052.pdf

Daily reminder the overwhelming majority of leading scientists are atheist

nature.com/articles/28478

Daily reminder religious people are less intelligent according to dozens of studies.

diyhpl.us/~nmz787/pdf/The_Relation_Between_Intelligence_and_Religiosity__A_Meta-Analysis_and_Some_Proposed_Explanations.pdf

Daily reminder religious people are less educated

economist.com/news/international/21623712-how-education-makes-people-less-religiousand-less-superstitious-too-falling-away

Religious people are literally a lesser breed of human

Attached: mooney1.jpg (630x750, 73K)

Very religious people recognize the evils of killing babies, homosexual practice, and transgenderism rather than endorsing them so no

>they all ignore this
So much for muh intelligence and facts....

catholicism is political Christianity and it always has been. The pope is a chronic blasphemer.

>t. cultural christian

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD AND HIS NAME IS ALLAH !

Attached: C7D13FC7-3AAC-48EF-8240-A0097FDB460C.jpg (590x417, 39K)

so that's why so many millions of people were murdered in the name of god right?

What do christians say about all this mass immigration stuff?
They seem like cucks that dont care if whites get replaced

The only correct answer for is there a god? is who the fuck knows? If you give any other answer then youre a know it all faggot.

kill all huns

>muh jew traditions

if there is a god he has not intervened in humanity's affairs personally though

Not an argument. Nobody is saying we shouldn’t try to find the answers, just that god might be at the end of them
Lmao at this brainlet shit. Look at secular counties like china and commie Russia and tell me these pseudo studies remotely make sense. The only reason you think these things are “good” is a religiously ingrained societal concept of morals as well, cope

So this graph is going to tell me with a straight face that Vietnam has more scientific innovation than the USA?

>agreeing with a single man's philosophical opinion is "facts"
t. drooling subhuman

The "hey christians what about , wouldn't Jesus think " shit is pretty tired. Jesus wasn't a fucking hippie; if he was, the religion would have garnered the following it did. Jesus was a man who saw bad shit and called it out, then fashioned a whip to punish it.

it's hard to believe there are christians on Yea Forums. Did Jesus preach to be kind and turn the other cheek?

religious people are not more empathetic
huge pedo ring
they like circumsision of babies
the hardcore religious ones will show no empathy for you if you dont believe in their god, except if your a muslim or a jew or something believing in another god

they are just retarded

You are the church, not some papist regime

Why do Christians love J*ws so much? Because Jesus was one?

That’s making your own personal assumption about what god is. If god is fundamentally a part of reality, like with Buddhism, then everything that happens is because of god

>would
Wouldn't*, obviously

>might be
believers seem pretty damn sure to me

Religious people are borderline subhuman
Religion is the ultimate cope for npc brainlets

>no one can disprove that god exists
Al you have to do is look at the state of the world to know that there is no god.

Based retards

Saying shit like this sounds like some kind or creepy villain

He might have done before people started writing shit down.

>atheists literally just do the same thing with richard dawkins
I agree with your sentiment though, but most atheists in the modern day are literally the same as zealot drones

im not talking about jesus or the texts, im talking about the people
what would the majority of practising Christians and church workers say about this issue, what do they THINK Christianity would want them to do

the pope literally kisses immigrant feet to dab on the racists and invites muslims to pray to allah at the vatican now so as far as catholics go they are as cucked as ever, but since christianity is universalist it was also be fundamentally a slave religion that worships the BBC no matter what some random amerimutt prots in the boonies want to believe about muh white jesus

"Truly I say to you, kill all the niggers and gas all the kikes!"
- Jesus, Matthew 14:88

atheism is just a passing fad of the dying years of western civilization.
the vast majority of people in every era of history believe in gods and spirits.
new religions will rise out of the ruins of western civilization, the same way that Christianity rose out of the ruins of Rome.
atheists tend to be historically illiterate though, and think western civilization will live on forever in Star Trek land.

Attached: 1543966895503.jpg (389x353, 29K)

>the atheist “argument”
lmao, nice facts and logic bro

it does, you assume there is no god until proven otherwise. You fucked up

how do people know that God is benevolent? what if he is playing some kind of sick game?

>everyone who doesn't believe in my imaginary friend loves Richard Dawkins!
C O P E

Dumb, sweeping statement not at all based on any facts but your own conjecture. In reality religious or atheist, shitty people are shitty regardless. What a dumb thing to say

Christianity is a hugely divided religion. I imagine they could go either way. The idea that each people and their culture and language have a place is hardly unchristian.

>pretending to be christian on an anime image board filled with anime and degenerates

I agree with parts, but the doomsaying is dumb. The west has stagnated and faced cultural and literal destruction countless times, it ALWAYS ends with a rebirth and rejuvenation. We will continue to survive, and we will come out of any crisis better than before

Peak brainlet
None of the posts I relied to made anything resembling an argument, they deserve nothing but mockery

They didnt have science like we have, bro, of course they were religious brainlets.

>also on one of the most degenerate board

I was LITERALLY using the same argument you were to show how dumb it was. By doubling down like that you have basically agreed with me. I thought you guys were smart?

Holy shit you’re retarded HAHAHAHA

What fucking mark do people need on their foreheads to buy stuff?

>non sequitur argument
>kino
pick one, faggot

kino argument

Not true at all. On a genuine level, if things challenge your viewpoint and you can’t come up with an argument, spend some time reading or questioning your stance on issues. Just blindly trying to get the last reply so you feel better proves fuck all. Anyone can read those posts and see they made valid points.

>ask for some Christ-kino
>nobody fucking talks about movie
fucking hell i just wanted a nice thread

>I was LITERALLY using the same argument you were
No, my argument was not "God doesn't exist cuz this famous guy says so!"
Learn reading comprehension, retard.

based!

Attached: 1537823064220.png (1756x749, 377K)

you cannot disprove i`m Trump, so therefore i`m Trump.
take that christ faggot

So do atheists

you post frogs you incel, have sex.

yeah, like a story about a christian retard trying to live a normal life.

>new religions will rise out of the ruins of western civilization
You mean Islam will take over? True, but only a whack job would think that's a good thing or preferable to non-belief.

Yes, as with many religions, Jesus preached that the path you're supposed to be on is one of humility, appreciation, and awe in the miracle of existence. Clearly people who spend 12+ hours "shitposting" on an anime image board aren't going to quite fit that bill.

That wasn’t my argument. I said, clearly extremely intelligent people in the science community have not been atheist, so maybe it’s worth considering their views instead of calling religious people dumb.

>I dreamed I met a galileean, a most amazing man
>he had that look you very rarely find; the haunting, hunted kind
>I asked him to say what had happened, how it all began
>I asked again, he never said a word, as if he hadn't heard
>and next the room was full of wild and angry men, they seemed to hate this man
>they fell on him and then, disappeared again
>then I saw thousands of millions crying for this man
>and then I heard them mentioning my name, and leaving me the blame

So true. Orthodoxfags can go repent. But atleast they’re old school. Protestants are soooooo cringe. Their “theology” usually boils down to mix of contemporary “wisdom” mixed in with some confused interpretation of the Bible that’s unique to their few-thousand strong parish. No 2000 year old theological tradition ingrained in their approach.

Attached: 297B0DFA-9304-4AF8-B064-A43BC6CC6098.gif (229x176, 987K)

im talking about whites in the west

That might be the biggest non argument I've ever seen and I'm not even atheist. People dont actually eat this shit up do they?

How about some real quotes from Einstein
>It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously.
>The idea of a personal God is quite alien to me and seems even naïve.
>From the viewpoint of a Jesuit Priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist.

White christians in the west are not a monolith, user.

*doffs uncool lid*

Nice cherry picking, he’s talking about organised religion here. “I am not an atheist” is a genuine quote, as much as you try to cope otherwise. He believed in a pantheistic god, and is on record saying so. Weird that fact and logic based atheists ignore evidence to suit their argument.

they do

>Not true at all.
Wrong my low IQ friend. The second post didn't even understand the study in question, not getting what controlling for factors means, and the first merely named 2 countries without formulating an argument of why these cases debunk a correlation that's strong and statistically very significant.

>he’s talking about organised religion here
He's talking about a personal God, which is what religious people believe in. Spinoza's God is pretty much calling the universe a pretty name.

>literally calls himself an atheist
>ummm no sweaty ackchyually he was a pantheist
I know religious people are delusional, but W E W L A D

So did the person he was replying to, giving graphs from hardly reputable sources with almost meaningless axes. You know that secular countries have historically committed horrific genocide, in China’s case against intelligent people on purpose. Do you really want me to list off communist counties for you?
As for the second point, he did understand the concept. I don’t think you grasp the free will debate. If there is nothing beyond the physical, particles govern everything. Since they rarely act randomly, and we certainly don’t control them with our minds, free will cannot truly exist without consciousness having some sort of extra physical source.

Again
“I am not an atheist”
Holy shit, the fact based atheists are literally in denial. When you act like a zealot shouldn’t that be alarm bells for you?
Brainlet. Spinoza still believed that “god” was some sort of aware being. Personal god means one interested in human affairs, not just another name for the universe, or they’d just call pantheists atheists.

Based retard, read again.

boomers from /pol/ are leaking all over this site

Lmfao have fun in hell trannies

Attached: 1498090557764.png (1080x765, 343K)

>I am not an Atheist. I do not know if I can define myself as a Pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. May I not reply with a parable? The human mind, no matter how highly trained, cannot grasp the universe. We are in the position of a little child, entering a huge library whose walls are covered to the ceiling with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written those books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books, a mysterious order, which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of the human mind, even the greatest and most cultured, toward God. We see a universe marvelously arranged, obeying certain laws, but we understand the laws only dimly. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that sways the constellations. I am fascinated by Spinoza's Pantheism. I admire even more his contributions to modern thought. Spinoza is the greatest of modern philosophers, because he is the first philosopher who deals with the soul and the body as one, not as two separate things.
Not him, but that’s not atheism. It’s not religious either, more agnostic.

science is outside the realm of spirituality. it only deals with physical matter that can be empirically tested. this is why early scientists were still religious.
over time science has become muddled together with materialistic dogma. because of the growing achievements of the industrial revolution, and man's growing control over nature, people believed that God was irrelevant and man controls his own destiny. this lead to the common belief that man will overcome all problems on Earth and journey to the stars to live forever in a modern liberal utopia (which is just a mutated atheistic version of the Rapture). the reality is that man cannot overcome issues such as climate change and the exhaustion of fossil fuels, and western civilization will fall as a result, in the same manner as all previous civilizations. when man is at the mercy of nature, he will believe in the gods of nature again.

>hardly reputable sources
Hardly reputable? Read the paper you fucking subhuman. First link on that post.

>You know that secular countries have historically committed horrific genocide
Completely irrelevant to anything said on that post. Learn to make a counterargument.

>As for the second point, he did understand the concept. I don’t think you grasp the free will debate.
Based retard derailing into an unrelated point.

> and I'm not totally even atheist! ;)
no one believes you, tranny
back to discord with you

Trips of the absolute based truth

Personal God means a god that can be understood as a person, not necessarily that's interested in humans. Einstein did not believe in any sort of personal God.

>derailing
Read the post chain.
It started here.
And yes it is relevant, you say religion stifles development yet purposefully non religious counties fare far, far worse. Presumably you value progress as it is beneficial to mankind’s wellbeing, which is a moral sentiment brought about though over a thousand years of Christianity over paganism which was essentially “much strong is good”
Your ideas on good are not original but products of religion

That doesn’t mean he doesn’t believe in god, or is an atheist. So what’s your point? I never said he was a fucking christian, but even they say god is incomprehensible

Watched this yesterday. It wasn't terrible but it's vastly overrated. It really could have benefited from stronger directing. Gibson is a good actor, but as a director he's rather average.

>AND THEY'RE RIGHT

Thank you for admitting that atheists are right.

Based retard confuses reply chains
>purposefully non religious counties fare far, far worse.
Emporically wrong you brainlet.

>values come from christianity
Based philosophically and historically illiterate retard

Chill kiddo. Those rejects built a theological tradition through centuries of experience, wisdom, searching, and enlightenment. The Holy See drilled the fear of god into Europe for a thousand years. What have Protestants accomplish besides protest. The reformation literally boils down to anger with the realities of a extremely old bureaucracy/organization of men and local monarchs wanting their own power away from the church. Seeing the trees and not the forest. So you threw it all out, the whole thing, and allowed any dumbass to interpret Christianity in their own unique way.

>That doesn’t mean he doesn’t believe in god
In the way most of the world uses the word God, it means precisely that

>empirically wrong
Provide evidence.
>philosophically and historically illiterate
Sounds like you. Funny how I am explaining all my views yet you just blurt shit out and call the opposition dumb while refusing to respond to any of my points. Do you really think your sense of “good” is just intrinsic to you personally, or that it is fucking entrenched into society from religion? Hint, it’s the second one you fucking dumbass. If you don’t believe morality is subjective please explain why.

youtu.be/cWjrS4uftXQ

This is peak unable to concedecore. He was not an atheist, end of.

>if I define "God" as "everything" he was definitely not an atheist!
ok kid

“I am not an atheist”
Also based ignoring of the fact spinoza still believed his concept of god was some sort of being. There is no arguing out of this, clearly intelligent people can believe in god or at least be agnostic, this is just sad at this point

>Provide evidence.
Evidence is in the paper. Read it.
>Funny how I am explaining all my views
You're not explaining shit, you're making unsupported statements as if they were unquestionable facts.

>dude before religion our ancestors randomly murdered and raped each other lmao

What proof is there that the bible is the correct religious text? Assuming there is a god.

They did? Human sacrifice was common before organised religion began to spread, certainly something we’d see as fucked up today. Clearly many values we have today are because of religion, progress for wellbeing being one.
That paper doesn’t address secular counties either.

I never stated he was an atheist, but rather that he didn't believe in what the religious ITT believe in.
His worldview was no doubt naturalistic

>hell
>an infinite punishment for a finite amount of sin
In what way is that justice of any sort

>smart people can believe in stupid nonsensical shit too! >:(
well shit you got me there

If free will exists, then why do these bait threads hit bump limit without fail?

This. Even if you punished history's worst mass murderers and dictators by making them experience their victim's fates back to back, that would probably only add up to a few decades of torture max.

Imagine being this close minded and dumb, and then accusing other people of the same. Your whole ideology is based around the concept of god being dumb, yet when people infinitely more intelligent than you flirt with the idea you just instantly dismiss it.

>They did?
Read some anthropology, brainlet. Social bonds and structure predate homo sapiens.
>Human sacrifice was common before organised religion began to spread
Was common after, too.
>many values we have today are because of religion, progress for wellbeing being one.
Citation needed.
>That paper doesn’t address secular counties either.
Based retard. The whole point of the paper is to study secularism and scientific innovation.

Weirdly the idea that I was destined to be born and shitpost on here for literal years makes me believe in god more.

>argument from disagreement
ohhh NONONOOOO

Not a counterargument

Good job, you realized what I realized at 16. (No, I didn't "mature". I was right then, and I'm right now. You are also correct.)

The faithful usually repair to (hide behind) god's mystery/grand plan (Christians) or the futility of resistance (Muslims) to excuse hell. But the notion of hell itself is a central part of theodicy, such that god must necessarily be rejected, /even and especially in the case that he actually exists and that hell is actually real/. OTOH if hell is as far away as one can possibly be from such a creature, then it begins to look appealing, or the least worst option.

You just played yourself

>See God's Not Deadposting
>Enter threads and immediately scroll to 2/3rds way down
>Always 50% chance of good religion discussion, 50% chance of tired Youtube comments-tier bullshit
>We got the bullshit this time
oof

This the problem with atheists. For all their protestations of knowledge they are ignorant of religion and believe 9/10 out of 10. Their understanding of religion is usually something at the depth of “you believe in a Flying Spaghetti Monster” The fiery core of believe in god is the believe in god. The inpersonal god distinction is a detail (if you’re alright blatantly ignoring accounts of Jesus). When’re I read that Einstein quote I’m flaberghasted. They hold it up as jab at religion, but if they actually understood religion they’d realize that smart Christian just think “ok sooo we agree??” Believe in god is possibly the most fascinating topic on earth. I can’t recall wheither I read this or watched this but theistic physicist see it as our universe as a library. With our current understanding we see there’s clearly an order to the books on the shelf but we can’t read the spines or see the rational for the ordering.

lol the 19th century lol

Based. Watched this with my literally autistic christfag cousin. She cried at the end. Most emotional I've ever seen her.

>was common after too
Not nearly as much, and was for all intents and purposes fucking gone by medieval times
>read anthropology
Yes, that explains why murder is “wrong” to us as it damages social order, it doesn’t explain more abstract concepts just as justice, Liberty, etc. It also doesn’t explain why moral deliberation exists, as though we consider the answer separate to our opinions
>citation needed
this is literally just retard tier
If you don’t think christianity hasn’t significantly impacted our western views on good and bad I don’t even know what to say
>study secularism
If it did, it would come to the conclusion that every secular country has been a human rights and developmental disaster so far. Some element of abstract moralism and spiritualism is literally necessary for the concept of rights to exist. When you take away the individualistic ideas metaphysical thinking has introduced you end up with nightmare situations where people are treated like robots

>it's an user proves himself wrong episode

Guess you are still as ignorant and dumb as you were back then?
Hell is not mentioned once in the bible, once. It was made up by the Catholic Church.

thanks for the new copypasta

>The fiery core of believe in god is the believe in god

Attached: 1549120736534.jpg (480x360, 47K)

That’s an Einstein quote, it’s been posted in the thread. That’s the mind of a man intelligent enough to realise there are elements to this universe we cannot understand

To add, there’s no description of a fire and brimstone hell either. Hell could be anything.

>spelling mistakes as an argument
so based

the fact that you can choose to believe in god or not means that belief in god is qualitatively different than it was 100 years ago.

Choosing a belief is totally different from having a culturally dominant belief instilled in you.

God isn't dead. He has observable effect on the world. The traditional way in which people believe in god is dead and has become incredible.

In some ways god is dead, because people choose to believe in him

>If you don’t think christianity hasn’t significantly impacted our western views
You claimed valuing "progress for wellbeing" comes from religion. You didn't provide evidence for this.
>Not nearly as much, and was for all intents and purposes fucking gone by medieval times
It's not even entirely gone in the present. There's a world outside the west, you know.
>Yes, that explains why murder is “wrong” to us as it damages social order, it doesn’t explain more abstract concepts
You're confusing descriptive ethics with prescriptive ethics. You have philosophy for the latter.
>it would come to the conclusion that every secular country has been a human rights and developmental disaster so far.
Imagine being this stupid.

Fuck jesus and fuck christfags

Attached: cutie.jpg (600x600, 33K)

Sweetie, spelling abilities are strongly correlated with general intelligence

Catholics always end up lefty retards

>this is ur brain on religion

Attached: 1515262095360.png (1073x535, 86K)

user that's not what he was making fun of.

based and redpilled

>unironic argument from authority
Keep trying sweetie.

Predicibly, didn’t understand what I was saying. The core of religion is belief in god all else comes after. I was saying Einstein evidently believed in god as do the religious.

Based and redpilled

>progress for wellbeing
Okay, the fact that the church basically took over as a federal government after time and was the sole thing keeping historical records and practicing research in medicine etc. for almost a thousand years? The idea that we should care for those worse off and make their lives easier is fundamentally christian.
>there’s a world outside the west
Yep, which never had christian morals entrenched into their society. Thanks for proving my point!
>descriptive/ prescriptive ethics
Weird how these concepts developed all over the world then, almost as though they speak to a fundamental part of our being...
>imagine being so stupid
Literally not an argument

And to immediately give up on trying to understand them and giving up and labelling them as "god" is counter intuitive to learning and progress.

based and popepilled

Saying all religious people are dumb is already an (incorrect) argument form authority. Smart people are atheist ergo atheism is right. I was saying that statement isn’t true and it might be worth considering the views of people with more insight than you instead of just dismissing them.

the pursuit of science is the same as the exploration of God's truth.

Einstein clearly wasn’t counter to that. Can you stop with this brainlet false premise? Why does having a belief in god, or even being agnostic, mean you are suddenly against research? He is saying there are some elements to the universe above human understanding

Nope. Spelling autists are usually huge pseuds. It’s a superficial element next to the content of an argument, which is why dumbasses tend to zero in on it so hard. Anyone can understand spelling, not everyone can make good arguments

>nobody says The Gospel According to Matthew
I hate this fucking board.

>Okay, the fact that the church basically took over as a federal government after time and was the sole thing keeping historical records and practicing research in medicine etc. for almost a thousand years?
Ah yes, forgot only Europe existed during medieval times.
>Yep, which never had christian morals entrenched into their society. Thanks for proving my point!
Can you even follow a discussion? The idea that human sacrifice ended with organized religion is blatantly false.
>almost as though they speak to a fundamental part of our being...
Yeah, that part called the brain, which in virtue of being the same species shares many behavioral characteristics among different humans.
>Literally not an argument
I don't think you understand when arguments are required in a discussion. When you make an unsupported statement that's almost universally known to be false, no one will bother with it. The correlation between standards of living and secularism is well established.

Attached: figure-4.png (1059x692, 48K)

You and your atmost few-million-strong loose collection of affiliated churches go buzz off. South American Catholic are typically more liberal. Americans/Europeans are generally more conservative as a rule.

>Anyone can understand spelling
Apparently not that guy lmao

>dude china is the best place on earth for human rights and progress because they are all atheist bro

consider taking the marcionpill
>Marcion believed Jesus was the savior sent by God, and Paul the Apostle was his chief apostle, but he rejected the Hebrew Bible and the God of Israel. Marcionists believed that the wrathful Hebrew God was a separate and lower entity than the all-forgiving God of the New Testament.
>The premise of Marcionism is that many of the teachings of Christ are incompatible with the actions of the God of the Old Testament. Focusing on the Pauline traditions of the Gospel, Marcion felt that all other conceptions of the Gospel, and especially any association with the Old Testament religion, was opposed to, and a backsliding from, the truth. He further regarded the arguments of Paul regarding law and gospel, wrath and grace, works and faith, flesh and spirit, sin and righteousness, death and life, as the essence of religious truth. He ascribed these aspects and characteristics as two principles, the righteous and wrathful God of the Old Testament, who is at the same time identical with the creator of the world, and a second God of the Gospel who is only love and mercy.

Do you even know how correlations and samples work? Retard

I don’t get catholics. I don’t see how you can believe in god and divine justice and sit and do nothing and continue to contribute to a church repeatedly caught in child molestation scandals

>European Catholics are generally more conservative
Yeah, octogenarians tend to be conservative

Attached: ohnonono.gif (108x147, 284K)

>dude look at pol pott! atheists are woke! dude just murder babies lmao it makes people happier ignore the extremely high rates of contentment in buddhist countries

Well they believe the writings of deranged pedos over 1000 years ago to be the word of a divine being. You know, just 'cuz faith bro.

Isn’t that just gnosticism? Unknowable, true god is all about love, Old Testament god is a lower materialistic being

>jesus is a deranged pedo

Ah, you're just baiting now, thanks for conceding.

>cant even post close to accurate dates to the authorship of the bible

sheeeeet this is the power of christcucks huh

Nope. You have an extremely close minded view on “development” and what is good for human beings, and ignore historical facts. Clearly something about religion and it’s values gives us something useful, or it wouldn’t exist.

That is pendantic as fuck and you know it.

more or less, although there are some differences; true gnostics believe they can get to know god through secret knowledge whilst marcion believe god is wholly unknown and alien.

So guys, what percentage of our newfound Christcuck population do you think are larping contrarians fighting back against reddit atheists and what percentage do you think are serious "OMG UPC CODES ARE THE SIGN OF SATAN"-level schizo boomers?

enjoy your traditions of jew worship that have nothing to do with christ worship

He cute

This is crappy logic regardless of the arguable good that religion provides. Institutions like religion are also used as control structures in order to rule over the populace. Religion itself isn't inherently good. It depends on the use.

> measuring the number of patents, instead of actually useful innovation, which invariably comes from the US and other Western, Judeo-Christian nations steeped in Enlightenment thought about natural rights being given by God.

Thanks for playing, gaytheist.

Sorry retard, but that excuse doesn't work when you consider the correlation holds even within U.S. states.
Cope harder

You're confusing tangentiality with cause, aka classic causation and correlation fallacy. The enlightenment was also a movement of thinking more skeptically towards dogma, such as oppressive religion before The Enlightenment era.

Try across time genius, and you'll see that it does ;)

And I don’t get why seething critics of Catholicism can’t get the big picture. There hasnt been a single human organization that hasn’t been deeply flawed. Literally never, any human organization that has ever existed which controled large amounts of money/power fell into corruption. I don’t get why people are shocked when they see yet another instance of in the Catholic Church. Humans suck it’s to be expected. What I see is the underying knowledge and goals (even if they aren’t met) the centuries religious teaching with the sole premise of peace and love for everyone. The pedophila thing (a tired point) is especially sad. But it derives from the human dictate that priests should be celibate and dedicate their lives to god. Incidentally pedophiles are attracted in droves such positions. I look at it as a problem (which should be rightly and loudly acknowledged) that needs a solution. This doesn’t mean we throw in the towel and just leave because there are problems.

30% contrarians / 70% boomers

For every discord tranny, there's some 50 year old wingnut who found this place from a chain email he was forwarded during the 2016 election.

Oh please enlighten me, I eagerly await your published paper.

>classic causation with correlation theory
*uses graph measuring patents against loaded question*

I completely agree with you actually. Especially when we KNOW politicians and other elites are getting away with this shit, and do nothing

>The enlightenment was also a movement of thinking more skeptically towards dogma, such as oppressive religion before The Enlightenment era.
Of course! However, the Enlightenment minus God gets you the French Revolution. The Enlightenment plus God gets you the American Revolution. Not to mention that religion in arguably provided the framework for Enlightenment philosophy in the first place.

>You're confusing tangentiality with cause, aka classic causation and correlation fallacy.
Is that like saying higher number of patents correlates to lack of religiosity, therefore lack of religiosity is the cause?

>Foretold 2,000 years ago that the dead bodies of God's two witnesses in the end times would be seen by everyone on earth.
What is this even in reference to? When did this happen?
>Foretold 2,000 years ago that no one would be able to buy or sell without a mark in their right hand or forehead, received by those eternally damned who worship the beast and his image when he uses miracles to deceive everyone except true Christians into believing that he is God.
This hasn't happened
>Foretold exactly how Cyrus would overthrow Babylon 150 years before Cyrus was born.
Isaiah has several authors and was written partially before and after the Babylonian exile. It's not possible to say when that specific part was written.

Read a standard American history textbook

>Foretold Babylonian, Medo-Persian, Grecian, and Roman empires in order, a well as Antiochus Epiphanes and others before they existed.
I'm assuming you're referencing Daniel "predicting" historical events. According to Daniel, it was Babylon, Media, Persia and Greece. In reality, Media fell to Persia about 15 years before the fall of Babylon. It was also written well after the events it describes. For example Alexander died in 320 BC, while Daniel was only written ~ 150 BC.
>Described dinosaurs (Behemoth and Leviathan) in book of Job.
Its impossible to say what specifically was being described in either of these instances.
>Said that the earth is a circle that hangs on nothing and that in its center is hell.
I know the first part is true but that doesn't prove anything, a ton of people knew the earth was round. When does it even say it hangs on nothing?
>66 books written by 40 authors over 1,500 years and all foretell Jesus.
Yes a lot of people were predicting a messiah, it was a pretty common theme in mythology.
>Foretold false religions
That is such a vague claim and cannot be taken as foretelling anything. A ton of people even in the time the bible was written were making up new religions.
>Every "contradiction" claimed against it turns out to be false
This is such a broad statement I can't even begin to attack it. I suppose I do agree that many things atheists say about the bible is rooted in misunderstanding. This doesn't actually make the bible correct in any way.

Amen brother!

>worship a god
>turns out it was the wrong god
>go burn in hell for the rest of eternity because heresy
Oops haha

I doubt you have read even one in its entirety

If you follow what is good, you are following the right god regardless of what you call him

Praise Allah

>desire to be religious
>would have to worship at a morally compromised church and associate with morons and pharisees

>steeped in Enlightenment thought about natural rights being given by God.
Enlightenment thought was not rooted in religion, it stressed reason, logic and freedom of thought over dogma and blind faith. Some enlightenment thinkers were straight up atheist, and the movement as a whole was about questioning ideas rooted in religious thought. Natural rights were only a small part of what the movement was about, and it is either stupid or intellectually dishonest of you to claim that rights being given by God were even central to that.

>it's a user uses his brain and fails episode

I go to a nice liberal Catholic parish and I dont tithe. I'll let God judge me.

Attached: 1522280623221.png (554x439, 231K)

Catholics don’t worship the church. Oh spare me. The only reason whichever small prostestant breakaway you’re a member of hasn’t had the same problem is because your priests can marry.

CHRIST NIGGERS

ARE

DESTROYING

THE

WORLD

KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT

Prove there's not a gang of invisible ghosts jerking off onto your face right now

>being a religious faggot ever
not all of us were abused by our parents as children user

Attached: full retard.jpg (1322x688, 401K)

He wasn't a christ nigger.

keep shilling for your caveman book you literal nigger
>the vast majority of people in every era of history believe in gods and spirits.
yeah so why do you happen to shill for the one that's popular today?

How do you the Norse weren't right?

>new religions will rise out of the ruins of western civilization, the same way that Christianity rose out of the ruins of Rome.
poverty and ignorance causes cults.
>atheists tend to be historically illiterate though
nope.
>and think western civilization will live on forever in Star Trek land.
just kill yourself nigger

nah I worship the actor Chris Hemsworth. If you don't believe that he is literally God you're a heretic and you're going to burn in Chris Hellsworth.

Attached: thor is he though.jpg (704x382, 38K)

Are you retarded? It's not just that there were some bad apples who happened to be Catholic priests. It's that instead of turning those child-raping pieces of shit in to the authorities the church covered it up and relocated them so they could rape more children. The entire structure is rotten to the core.

Wacky

Attached: F5335328-E842-4897-806F-06FC38EB74FD.jpg (960x960, 176K)

>And I don’t get why seething critics of Catholicism can’t get the big picture.
yeah if you rape kids you fuck them up forever and they become priests!
>There hasnt been a single human organization that hasn’t been deeply flawed.
SYSTEMATIC CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE LMAOOOOO
> I don’t get why people are shocked when they see yet another instance of in the Catholic Church
They use fear of being eternally tortured in hell to face rape little boys.
>Humans suck it’s to be expected.
yeah and they're using a cult to preys on uneducated poor people to face rape little boys
> What I see is the underying knowledge and goals
raping kids
>The pedophila thing (a tired point)
RAPING KIDS
> the centuries religious teaching with the sole premise of peace and love for everyone.
DUES VULT
>But it derives from the human dictate that priests should be celibate and dedicate their lives to god.
and raping kids makes more "celibate" adults that "dedicate their lives to god" since they were already ruined.
>Incidentally pedophiles are attracted in droves such positions.
nope it's systematic. It's literally part of the religion.
> I look at it as a problem (which should be rightly and loudly acknowledged) that needs a solution.
burn the religion down and piss on the ashes. The dogma is make pretend anyway. Destroy the institution.
>This doesn’t mean we throw in the towel and just leave because there are problems.
YES
IT
DOES
THEY
ARE
EXPLOITING
AND
ABUSING
YOU

Imagine being this much of a fucking brainlet. I’m not even religious but I’m glad I’m not a politically and historically bereft pseud. How the fuck is it part of the religion? Is the same shit part of making movies, or governing people, since it happens just as much in Hollywood and political circles. Horrible people will be attracted to positions where they can have power over people, that is not the fault of some Jew who preached 2000 years ago. It also fails to explain why the Protestant church doesn’t have the same issue.