Pet Sematary 2019 Thread

Who saw it?

Attached: StephenKingPetSematary.jpg (260x382, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qtuayg-_tYI
youtu.be/nr5kRk0Ba5I
youtube.com/watch?v=F3J0iwwsq-w
youtube.com/watch?v=XZ_c_TULwfI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So why did the girl have staples on her head?

saw it last night, it sucked. non stop loud noises that they act is supposed to be scary and i didnt even jump once. why were those masked kids never brought up again? never saw the original, was this better or worse? why did the girl have staples in her head? those scenes where the fucked up spine girl fell down the shaft were hilarious

Post yfw the credits theme started playing

Attached: 1554733327963.jpg (824x896, 359K)

Amy Seimetz was the best part of the movie. Is she still engaged to Shane Carruth?

it was shit

Like all remakes, it was poorly written and terribly executed.

sometimes a dead franchise is better

Attached: Fred-Gwynne-as-“Judd-Crandall”-–-Pet-Sematary.jpg (560x314, 74K)

From dying.

probably an autopsy or the mortician added hair

you just know he had a massive cock

What a terrible movie. Why did they even feel the need to remake it?

Attached: ..jpg (480x360, 39K)

It was pretty bad. Their biggest crime was failing to write a good relationship betwen Louis and Jud, Louis almost hates him and Jud comes off as a creep.

>Pet Sematary (2019 film)
>Story by Matt Greenberg

Correct.

youtu.be/qtuayg-_tYI

Attached: 1B3C24EA-5E42-4CEF-A710-CBA453DB2903.jpg (660x495, 73K)

I actually enjoyed the new ending and dark comedy tone. I agree that the characters weren’t very well developed but the movie cruises along at just over 90 minutes which I appreciated.

killing the girl instead of the baby was dum

calm down incel

The huge CG battle against the Wendigo was out of place

I never saw the original(s)

But I loved it. Horror kino.

based retard

>lame "shaming" attempt
Didn't work. This isn't (((social media))), and we don't care about your junior high school tier "insults".

>I know you think you can just dig up that 30 year old script and bring it back to life, but those shekels aren't worth it Schlomo....sometimes dead is better.

Attached: Dead is better.jpg (1920x1080, 1M)

The 1989 movie certainly had worse acting, especially the guy that played Louis. The new version feels a bit too glossy and ‘Hollywood’ however.

Whenever I see a poster for this movie I always think it's just a Hausu remake.

it was pleasantly mediocre. I fully expected it to be much, much worse. Nothing groundbreaking, nothing exciting. Will be forgotten in a few months. 4/10 just like most horror movies

why was there so much talk about feelings?

>I fully expected it to be much, much worse.
Why would you intentionally waste YOUR time and money rewarding idiots for making shitty products? When you do that, they get to make MORE shitty products.

Stop it.

*blocks ur path*

Attached: MV5BZWM1YjQxNWEtZGJmMy00ZGZhLWFiNTUtYTFhMDVmMzFhNGZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg0MzUyNTg._V1_SY1000_CR0067510 (675x1000, 138K)

Not him but I had a better time watching this than I generally do watching a bloated 2 plus hour superhero movie.

It was actually worse than the sequel people pretend doesn't exist, which is a feat.

my pops wanted to go see it, never would have wanted to see it on my own. Besides, sometimes it's good to be open minded. Never know what you might stumble on.

The book was decent enough. Filled with Stephen Kings coke fuiled all over the place energy. No under age gang bang in the sewers but he spends about 100 pages shitting on the Goldman family for no reason other than them being jewish.

tbf if you bury a dead pitbull there it would probably not act different upon return

>Goldman family
I don’t think that’s in Pet Sematary.

That really needs to be in the movies

Goldsmith = The Stand
Goldman = Pet semetary.

Goldmans are just fucking assholes that keep on calling the doctor a goy, trying to pay him to dump his daughter and they pushed taking care of batshit insane and dying Zelda onto Rachel.

Why would it? It's not even in the book. Louis's father-in-law is an asshole that didn't think he was good enough for his daughter and offered to pay for his schooling if he left her. Louis in the book is actually as big of a dickhead. They even parallel the two with the death's of Zelda and Gage.

PS is my favorite King book, but it's untranslatable to film, especially a single 90 minute one. It's all psychological horror more than muh zombies. The only reason the first ever got made was because of the writer's strike and they had nothing to shoot.

Oh, that was the wife’s maiden name. I totally forgot how in-depth Stephen King went into her backstory in the novel.

>pops wanted to go see it
>fair enough
>sometimes it's good to be open minded
Probability always wins out in the end, and wading through a bunch of complete shit just to be pleasantly surprised from time to time isn't worth it.

Glad this one worked for you though, user.

It was shit I saw it yesterday

was it the ramones song?

This was a shot for shot remake practically except for some garbage they added and then never explored. Bad flick

I liked it. But why did that old fart think bringing back the cat would be a good idea? He knew damn well about the evil in those woods. Making the girl happy isn't a good enough excuse. Lazy writing that had my eyes rolling.

It was a cover but im surprised they put it in at all

Attached: 1554456538034.jpg (472x505, 48K)

Kino credits

Attached: apu music gif.gif (354x286, 53K)

youtu.be/nr5kRk0Ba5I

>they use the same song....but with chicks instead
This is why I stopped going to movies.

Based shitbull hater

Uh Oh

Attached: B006DBE7-02D9-4F33-8BE1-A169400C9AC8.jpg (1242x1344, 288K)

That's what I was thinking too.
This movie's story perfectly describes the franchise itself.
That's next level writing.
youtube.com/watch?v=F3J0iwwsq-w

They also fucked up the song.
God fucking dammit.

>getting deranged about jews for a fucking pet sematary remake
this is how I know you're an incel

>A group of teens are tormented by the Grim Reaper and his pet after undergoing an experiment that allows them to revisit the dead
Sounds awful. Is it entertainingly bad though?

>whiteknighting for heebs on Yea Forums
Holy shit, it's real.

Attached: Jidf.jpg (1200x775, 245K)

A red circle with red letters. Must be legit.

Iirc, the book explains that he was compelled to do so by the evil spirits in the area

i didn't read the book but i saw it with my roommate who is a huge fan of the book. we both disliked it for different reasons. I'm a film pleb but the writing was just absolutely atrocious, most of the dialogue served 0 purpose. I legitimately think you could edit it down to a silent film and it would be better. relationships and motives were entirely underdeveloped. roommate disliked it because of the unnecessary changes from the book.

I think it picked up in the second half barring the last 15 minutes, and i like the nod to the shining when rachel and gage were trapped in the bathroom.

idk, id say its a 1.5-2/5

The indians knew that

>Old Classic (2019)
When will this shit end?

Attached: 2523625.png (183x200, 45K)

The books does a very good job setting up that it was that plus the power of having a secret like that.

It's one of my favorite bits from the book because it's totally human. You make up reasons, and they seem like good reasons, but ultimately you do it because you want to.

It was shit. Filled with shitty and annoying jumpscares.

How is that a remake? Just because it is based on the same book?

>All remakes are shit

Yeah...like...
>The Thing
>Invasion of the Body Snatchers
>Little Shop of Horrors
>Scarface
>True Grit
>The Maltese Falcon
>Etc.

Attached: tmp_15426-s-l10001369609319.jpg (850x680, 60K)

I thought it was something similar to the movie Phantasm: Something from "other place" inoculated her with his corrupted seed after her death. But I do really think that it was just another unnecessary thing, like the twisted sister. Didn't really add anything to the story.

Did they show Wendigo?

no but they had it scream twice

What, some shitty cover of the Ramones song?

Well, at least they acknowledge its existence, unlike in the old movie. What about Timmy Baterman?

So what was the context behind the animal masks?

Attached: 9640AB58-3AEE-48C3-B5AF-C2529BF79ECD.jpg (531x755, 124K)

>dark comedy tone
the problem with this is that the movie didn't have that fucking tone from the start. that makes the ending goofed and retarded

that never happened, dummy

I'm halfway through. Good atmosphere and characters.

I haven't seen the movie, but considering that they swapped kids, does Gage have shining now?

not in it

Fuck.

no he's just a dumb baby the entire movie that literally does nothing. The only thing he "does" is that he sees a ghost

Exactly.

Why are millennials pretending the original was good? Movie had a 50% on RT it was objectively garbage.

The book is really good.

Literally no one willingly reads books within the last 20 years

Yeah, he repeats Pascow's words.

And that's why audiobooks exist.

Same reason they pretend the IT mini was good. Muh childhood.

Remake, revival, whatever. There was already a movie called Pet Sematary before and in this one they wanted to make some dumb plot twists.

They show a giant form in the background for 5 seconds.

youtube.com/watch?v=XZ_c_TULwfI

Jews want their shekels and will bleed anything dry to get them.

Wrecked

Oh, and you just had to interrupt the movie to go on the Internet and post this stupid shit in here

Fuck off jew.

>There was already a movie called Pet Sematary before
So only one movie version of the book is allowed? Since when?
Nice. Can't wait to see that.

Based, what they deserve.

This is how I know you're a sniveling jew.

>It's all psychological horror more than muh zombies
Same thing with Shining.

I told you there are dumb plot twists that make reference to the previous movie. This movie acknowledges the previous one, thus, it's a remake.

>there are dumb plot twists that make reference to the previous movie
Like what?

For starters, it's not the little kid the one who dies, it's the girl.

No, I was watching it while doing my taxes last night. I'll watch the other half tonight.

In the old movie it was the boy. So how is that a reference?

IT IS A REFERENCE!
They trick you, they make you think the little kid is about to die but the girl dies instead. Just watch the movie already to see what I'm talking about. Jesus Christ.

In the novel, not everything comes back evil. Jud buried his dog there when he was a kid, and the dog came back a little brain-damaged and stinking of the grave, but was never evil. I believe whatever came back had to be touched by the wendigo to be turned evil.

>they make you think the little kid is about to die
Yes, because that's how it was in the book. What it has to do with the 80s movie?

Everything that comes back is touched by Wendigo. It's the one who brings them all back after all.

Beyond the whole Wendigo evil spirit thing, it's just human nature to want to share dark secrets and disturbing things. "Ew, smell this! Wow, this tastes awful, here you try it. Oh wow, you have to see this movie, it's so terrible." Similarly, the concept of keeping someone alive past their expiration date is just so appealing that it is nearly impossible to not go through with it, even though it is obviously a terrible idea. Think of all the braindead, terribly ill, etc people being kept alive as husks, entirely dependent on medicines and machines to keep them alive in some miserable state, while at the same time serving as a drain on their loved ones. The family would probably be better off accepting fate and moving on. Zelda was the real life example of the situation that Pet Sematary was a parody of. Note how the character who keeps doing it against all common sense is a doctor.

I loved the book, it's one of my favourite books ever. Is it worth checking out?

I noticed a sign for Derry Maine and that's about it.

It's been a long time since I've read the novel. You may be right. It bothered me that in all the movies everything buried there came back evil, while in the novel it seemed more of a 50/50 shot, which made more sense that the temptation to bury your dead in it would be there.

Ok. The director and writers just pretended the previous movie didn't exist at all and they came up with absolutely original twists inspired only by the novel by Stephen King. Does that sound plausible?

This new movie cannot exist independently from the previous one. It is a reference. It is not possible to prove otherwise.

In the novel, pet animals rarely came back evil. They just came back a little off and smelled. Chruch wasn't evil, neither was Jud's dog.

Yeah, I saw it. Pleasantly surprised. They dropped the ball a bit with Zelda, but they made up for it by making Ellie creepy as fuck.

Of all animals, only the bull was mentioned as being evil.
>pretended the previous movie didn't exist at all
>Does that sound plausible?
Yes, since the old movie was garbage.
>This new movie cannot exist independently from the previous one
How so? Both movies are based on the book, and the existence of the old movie doesn't affect the book in any way.

Well, you see, it's a pet cemetery

Yes, that pissed me off, too. This movie needed that foreshadowing badly. If it were up to me, there would have been no flashback, just Judd telling the story, á la Captain Quint, slowly succumbing to the roofie Lewis slipped in his drink. You let the audience get the double whammy of foreboding that way along with understanding just how far gone Lewis is by that point. We could have had Lithgow telling a "war story" about Baterman, which would be scarier than anything you could actually show.

>They don't die easy, Lewis. You never want to know what it took for us to bring that boy down. You never want to know what it took just to make him stop ... talking. They come back knowing things, Lewis ... terrible things.

>old movie was garbage
Yes, but everyone saw it, so a twist was needed.

Can someone help me with this? Jesus.

>You never want to know what it took for us to bring that boy down
What are you even talking about?

>The original Pet Sematary movie is one of my favorite Stephen King adaptions
>Hear they're making a remake
>Directors say they're going to be "true to the novel"
>Change it from Gage dying to Ellie
>fuck up the Zelda subplot
>spooky jump scares every 2 minutes
>make Ellie wear a stupid cat mask because why the fuck not? It's pretty clear at this point they don't give a fuck about the source material
>Change the ending EVERYONES A ZOMBIE NOW! Got to get that sequel hook!
>mfw

Glad I didn't waste any money to see it. After the full trailer came out I knew this movie would be a steaming pile of shit. Pet Sematary 2 was better then this dumpster fire.

Attached: Rich Evans disgusted.jpg (919x720, 59K)

>Everyone has read the book, so a twist was needed
What kind of logic is that? And how is that a twist when the plot basically stays the same?

Yeah, the core of the story is ultimately secrets, death being the biggest one. The people coming back knowing things and spilling those things is needed thematically.

rotten tomatoes went from
>Sometimes remade is better
to
>Pet Sematary takes its source material in a few different directions, but this remake feels like an exhuming almost as often as it does a revival.

You are an American, right? You live in the United States.

No, I'm not.

Huh. The wife in this didn't look like a jewess, and I know Denise Crosby didn't.

The actress that played Ellie was great. I’m glad they switched to her dying instead of a toddler. Not sure how she managed to drag the mom’s body over that giant barricade though.

>they made it again
that constitutes a remake

They didn’t pussy out of the gross endign similar to the old film.

In the book and original film it’s the son who comes back and is clearly possessed by something and goes straight to killing the second he comes home

Did they end it with creee killing the kid then going mad and bribing the wife back too?

i haven't seen the first adaptation but did like the most recent one because of the mood it creates

Well, never mind that. Just google the concept of hypertextuality and that's that. I just give up.

The book is one of the best five novels of SK

So Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings is a remake of the old movie?

Nope.

Dad gets killed and is brought back along with zombie mom and zombie daughter. Gage is stuck in a locked car and its hinted that they're going to kill him it's stupid and has sequel hook written all over it.

Oh wow. I'm full of regrets that I looked at this spoiler.

Aleast the original didn't take it's self to seriously and could be enjoyed ironically

That's how the Wendigo tricks them. It baits them by bringing back beloved pets that are just bad parodies of their former selves, dumb, clumsy, a little mean, but hey, close enough to numb the pain of loss and give you something that you can spend months or years slowly "mourning" until you finally let go.

And then it has you. You'll fool yourself into thinking you can do the same thing with a person, only if it's a person or a particularly big, powerful animal, the Wendigo gets a real chance to cause some misery.

I don't think there is a strong enough suggestion to think the wendigo is behind it all, user. The only correlation is Louis sees/hears it in the woods, but there is plenty of weird shit in those woods. Also Jud says "something that had been touched by it".

In the book, a father resurrects his son who'd got shipped home from Nam in a pine box. It's me embellishing that story and summing it up into a movie scene without a flashback that would only diminish its effectiveness.

It also had more soul. Ellie's death in the remake looks like something out of a Final Destination movie and her funeral has no real emotional impact.

Gage's death and funeral on the other hand are fucking heartbreaking.

You could also foreshadow the cannibalism, which they left out for reasons I'll never understand. It's central to the Native lore about the spirit.

>We saw the fire up over the trees before we'd reach Baterman's farm. When we got there, the barn was blazing and the house was catching, but the boy was just sitting there on the front steps. He had his father with him. His body, I mean. He'd been ... *at* him, Lewis. You know what the Mic Mac called the Wendigo, Lewis? They called it a "ravenous spirit."

No, it's very strongly suggested in the book that the Wendigo is precisely the thing that sours the land. The Mic Mac *abandoned* their burial grounds. They weren't driven from it by settlers.

It's not hard to infer what happened - the Mic Mac had a hard winter, someone caught the "fever," and the rest follows from there. They abandoned their grounds and they "walled it off" in a way that's more than just physical. I very highly doubt you'd ever spot their burial grounds from a flyover, if you take my meaning.

It's been years since I read the book, but I'm pretty sure most of this is either suggested or stated outright.

That's not really a sequel hook, it's just an open ending. They tested a lot of different endings.

>One version Louis doesn't follow Ellie to the cemitery and is in the kitchen nursing Gage in a maniac state when revived Ellie and Rachel appear.

>One ending Gage escapes the car during the chaos and nearly gets run over by a truck but is saved by a local couple who is implied to adopt him (Stephen King pitched this one)

Among others.

I thought it was okay during the first half, but the second half got too predictable and I lost interest. I do want to check out the book now though.

Saw it 2 days ago and completely forgot about it until I saw this thread

So it's the worst kind of movie, not bad enough to get any emotion out of you. Just really forgettable

Also fuck that loud music was annoying in the "spooky" parts

It's never said outright though it is presented as an explanation. I guess my issue is it doesn't fit with wendigo lore.

They foreshadowed that in the original movie (even though they don't mention the wendigo by name). But I don't think they even bring it up the remake.

I think the biggest crime about that remake is that we will never get to see the original version of Gage. In the book it's hinted that Gage was torn the fuck apart by that semi truck and that the embalmer had to stitch him back together piece by piece and that's why they had a closed casket funeral. That's why Judd is so fucking horrified when he comes back from the dead in the book.

Attached: pet-sematary-gage.jpg (1200x627, 102K)

>wife having parents is a feat in storytelling
These are the kind of mongoloids who spam the board with capeshit and sw.

That's why it sucked. To do that right, you have to show it. You have to show Louis just missing him and the truck hitting him and all the horror afterward in order to really get it. Instead they went all soft because no one wants to see a little kid like that, but that's the point.

Wendigo lore varies with tribe and location. Many of them associate it with cannibalism, but not all.

Are you retarded? Did you just hear the word "hypertextuality" on a TV show so you're inserting it wherever, without having a slightest clue what it means?

They did a fairly good compromise with Ellie. She's mishapen and clearly ... off. I much preferred her look to what they gave us in the original.

Cannibalism, yes. Not resurrecting the dead. In the book, he actually sees two things. One is a huge, physical beast that snaps trees off and then an apparition in the mist.

>>One ending Gage escapes the car during the chaos and nearly gets run over by a truck but is saved by a local couple who is implied to adopt him (Stephen King pitched this one)
This ending sounds way better! They really fucked up.

I assume it was because of the embalming process.

Ahhh, gotcha. In my opinion, those are both the same creature. I wish we'd gotten be giant footprint.

Relax, I’m Jewish and Hollywood is owned by us. It was a cynical cash grab.

So what was the point of the kids with the masks? Why does the community do this weird processing around their pet cemetery if that's not even the real magic?

Also why the fuck did the old man trick the main guy into burying the cat there if he knew it brings things back as evil? what the fuck was his problem?

King's novel isn't a thesis on the subject of native folklore, user. It's a horror piece that plays with some ancient mythology for the sake of spooks. As far as the book goes, some manevolent presence, which the old neighbour says it might be wendigo (doesn't mean it is), is responsible for desecrating the burial place and making it cursed.

That's exactly why, along with them attempting to shape her head back to normal. Almost! A for effort! Creepy as fuck.

>Gage was torn the fuck apart by that semi truck and that the embalmer had to stitch him back together piece by piece
So he looks like the evil doll Chucky?

>So what was the point of the kids with the masks?
Weird for the sake of weird, or to look cool to zoomers. There's no creepy kiddy death cult in the novel.

It's an echo. They're all essentially being "haunted" by the burial grounds. They're doing their own little re-enactment of their burial rituals. That's what the Pet Sematary is - an echo of the burial grounds.

Yes, but made of flesh, stitches, and embalmer's wax.

>have spooky dreams about going out to the cemetery
>ghosts haunting you
>child having the same dreams about the ghost and drawing pictures of it
>your fucking cat comes back to life and is evil
I can never care or relate to any of these retarded protagonists. just fucking move.

I studied hypertextuality. Where's the error according to you?

I thought she looked like a generic creep little girl. Should have had the staples in her face instead of the back of head.

I heard King had to dial back how fucked up Gage looked in the original movie because he thought it would be to much for the audience and the studio probably wouldn't have allowed it.

Plus it's hard to do facial prosthetic effects on a 2-year old. That's why the just gave him that little scar in the original movie.

>which the old neighbour says it might be wendigo (doesn't mean it is), is responsible for desecrating the burial place and making it cursed.

I know, user. That's what I'm saying.
Ultimately it makes no difference. I was only arguing the idea of the wendigo raising the dead and making them do what they do isn't supported. Even Jud doesn't ascribe it to the wendigo, he specially says it's the place itself.

What are the other four?

Plus he's a toddler so it's extra disturbing. Even his eyes are fucked up.

What about Zelda? She scared the shit out of me in the original.

its complete shit
>some kids with masks at the beginning who show up within the first 10 minutes of the film and then never again because theyre just railer bait
>Lithgow was alright but every scene with him was boring, not to mention his character being the catalyst for all the bullshit that happens to this family in the movie because he couldnt let a fucking cat stay dead because he thought it would make the kid sad but she didnt seem to give that much of a fuck desu.
>The boy is shown in the first scene and then disappears from the movie for about an hour
>every single scare is a jump scare
>zelda wasnt nearly as scary
>the way zelda dies is retarded and it made me laugh
>after maybe one fucking hour of film, during which absolutely fuck all hapens, the truck scene starts
>BOTH kids walk towards the street for some retarded reason coincidentally as a comically big truck is driving through their house. The driver decides to look at his 2001 flip phone at the exact same time as these fucking kids are in the middle of the street waiting to die
>the dad runs like a motherfucker, saves the kid and the truck comically flips over. the tank behind the truck flies over and hits the little girl at full speed
>the girl somehow is thrown to the side of the road, lands on the grass gently and shows MAYBE a scratch mark on an otherwise perfect looking corpse
>the mom, who according to 5 previous scenes is terrified of death to the point where she cant discuss the death of the family cat, kneels on the road and lets out a few tears
>she seems pretty ok at her daughters funeral because the actress is complete shit
>most of the happenings are during the last 10 minutes of the movie where they throw the good old "I heard a notice upstairs but it was nothing oh wait i turned around and theres a zombie kid in here" scene
>the small girl 1v2s both of her fully grown adult parents and then the kid gets fucked up by his undead family

thanks hollwood

Attached: 1553663210888.jpg (612x344, 19K)

>Plus it's hard to do facial prosthetic effects on a 2-year old. That's why the just gave him that little scar in the original movie.

True enough. I watched a doc on the making of the first and apparently the little fucker wouldn't sit still to make a mold

>>the way zelda dies is retarded and it made me laugh
this desu. i don't even get how she died, did she get up from her bed and trip down the food elevator thing?

>In the book it's hinted that Gage was torn the fuck apart by that semi truck and that the embalmer had to stitch him back together piece by piece and that's why they had a closed casket funeral.
It's not just hinted, it's explicitly stated that they basically had to scrape what they could off of the road and even the embalmer who was damn good at his job couldn't make what was left presentable enough for an open-casket. The transitional paragraph where Louis's dream turns into a nightmare and him waking up in cold sweats when he realizes his son is really gone and the focus on his hat flying off still sticks with me.

>I can never care or relate to any of these retarded protagonists. just fucking move.
They already moved. The protag's family is borderline disfunctional, and thanks to the mother, has a very unhealthy view on death and dying. That, plus wendigo's supernatural influence, plus the father (our MC) being yet another King's self insert, is what drives the story.

As someone pointed out in this thread, PS is mainly a psychological horror and a family drama, while film makers insist into adapting it into a gore slasher fest.

she crawls through the floor, somehow gets inside the elevator, presses the button or gets the thing to break down and shoot downwards and then the door opens when it gets to the bottom

it blows my mind that nobody said "this is a retarded idea"

why was she crawling in the floor what I thought she was stuck in her bed

movie was shit but I actually liked the cover of the ramones song at the end

I teach hypertextuality. You have no idea what you're talking about. Narrative divergence in different adaptations of the same text is not "hypertextuality". Reread Gennet instead of spewing bullshit on indonesian finger painting forum.

I saw it. Felt pretty neutral throughout. It was ok kinda like the original. Didn't really take the story in any new direction with a few minor differences at the end. Kinda pointless if I'm honest and a few jump scares here and there.

Went to see it last night. Almost fell asleep. Should have just went to see shazam. The girl wasnt annoying though at least.

The Stand, some Gunslinger novels and the first 100 pages of It. The rest is overwritten and often very derrivative bullshit.

It is but it's alot harder to explain. Did the couple just pull over and throw him in the car? Go back to the house looking for his now undead parents?

The book is basically just the Monkey's Paw story.
Only instead of ending the nightmare with the 3rd wish he makes the same mistake a 3rd time.

Kek. Basically. His short story collections are honestly better than most of his often overly long novels.

His short stories and novellas are some of the best stuff IMO, less room to overwrite everything or include the obligatory sex scene, and more likely to branch off into other genres than straight horror. Particularly The Jaunt.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Doesn't it talk about how Louis got splattered with Gage's blood and brain matter?

I remember the part about his little hat.

>Also why the fuck did the old man trick the main guy into burying the cat there if he knew it brings things back as evil?
He specifically says he didn't know if they always came back evil and he thought it might be different this time, combined with wanting to make Ellie happy

He also said the there is a special feeling there so he looks for any reason he can to go back.

I've always wondered how the pets like tortoises or parakeets did return. An evil dog, even a cat, is creepy...but imagine a devilish canary trapped in its cage.

Anyone else think pic related is obviously the best one?

Attached: pet 2.jpg (600x337, 23K)

In the book the animals don't come back evil they just come back sort of weird. It's talks about how when the animals come back they aren't evil just changed.

When Church comes back he's still a cat but there's something off about him. He smells like the grave and is slightly more sadistic when he hunted birds and animals but that was about it.

It's dumb as shit, but I love it.

The Shining, IT, The Stand and Salem's Lot

Imagine bringing back a goldfish. Imagine having an evil goldfish.

It was from the embalming you worthless retard.

According to King, we'd see Gage walking the highway at night, the truck speeding closer, and at the last second the woman pulls him out of the way. Her husband and her got a flat tire or something. She asks where his parents are, and looks back only to see shadows. Baby Gage smiles at her and her husband, and that's where it ends.

>slightly more sadistic
I think it's implied that undead Church is pretty much "evil". He's not just a bit sadistic, he slowly abandons his animal insticts and starts killing for fun.

The only two animals that came back "evil", a bull and a cat, were often totemic symbols of death and/or divine in numerous ancient cultures. It's a nice touch from King, who is usualy a hackfraud supreme.

I've actually wondered about it, but how the damn thing would return to his owner? Crawling to the floor like those mud fishes with lungs?

Caspere knew this.

That's exactly why it's the best. it's cheesy, over the top, complete fucking madness. Plus it has the kid from Terminator. If anyone in this thread, hasn't seen Pet Sematary two, watch it. it's a fun ride.

Attached: pet-sematary-2-clancy-brown.jpg (620x327, 67K)

No, Louis even says he's just a bit more of a killer. Killing birds and mice when before all he did was sleep all the time. That's it. Even Lester's bull wasn't really evil. It wasn't plotting destruction. It was just a bit more of a jerk than it was before.

You'd have to go fetch it later I think.

Autopsy would be the right answer, they remove the brain to weight. But they don't staple hair back on, they do a wig or glue it, to hide the staples. The whole point of a mortician is to hide the horrific shit they do to corpses in autopsies.

She has them in this, because audiences get everything spoon fed to them, and they represent 'This is a dead girl", because most average mainstream viewers wouldn't get it.

>he did pet sematary 2, but not highlander 2
lmao

Well, he was killed off at the end of Highlander.

check out the original plot for highlander 2, user. clancy brown refused to be in it because the script was so bad.

Apparently it was that and the fact that they didn't offer him much in money. I guess Pet Sematary 2 paid better.

Oh, but you're talking about semiotics. I studied the theory of the Web, hyperlinks; texts that talk about or refer to other texts. What I'm saying is that the new Pet Sematary movie makes a reference to the first one.

I say that this new movie is a remake of a previous one, more than it is an adaptation from the original novel. I think this movie sometimes uses the language of the previous one. I could be wrong about this since I watched the previous movie many years ago.

But even if I'm wrong about that, they needed to add some twists to make it different because everybody knows the story by now. It's a twist between the original story and a new one, which, as I understand, is a link, a reference.

The entire point of this argument was if this is a remake or not. I think it is. That's all.

regardless, he made the right choice. highlander 2 sucked balls and christopher lambert's ego is almost as big as his forehead.

>haunted burying ground that reanimated the dead
>ancient as fuck
>it is is not a secret, people openly know about it
>in fact, whatever force that lies there, actually WANTS for people to know and use the place
>plenty of known cases
>effects are easily verifiable

How comes the Semetary remains so ignored and un-researched? We even know that in King's shared universe there are a few government agencies dealing with supernatural stuff.

>but not highlander 2

Are you implying him avoiding that pile of shit wasn't a smart decision?

nah. pet sematary 2 sucked, but highlander 2 was even worse. i just think it's hilarious.

Not him and it's been a while since I've read the book, but I recall that the ressurected had an eerie aura, that people would immediately feel uneasy and repulsed by them.

Also they don't really explain why did they NEEDED so much to stay in that house besides just "having a less stressful life".

Haven't watched this yet. Did they include the Wendigo?

Pet Sematary 2 is great, that dirt bike scene

I DONT WANNA BE BURRIEDDD.....

Attached: MI0001401185.jpg (400x342, 37K)

It's clearly stated in the book that an evil canary or parakeet can escape from its cage. An evil turtle bites you when you're asleep. Golfish just smell really, really bad, like a stink bomb.

Oh! So this was that weird shit I was watching the other day in some hotel

Only its silhouette.

Does it at least have a better ending than the book?

Why can Stephen King not write endings? Is it just because no one really reads his books to the end so no one knows how shitty they tend to be?

Oh yeah? I'm gonna smack you in the mouth

Because IT made a billion

>Particularly The Jaunt
Good choice

So what happens after the ending? Do they all just slowly kill off and convert the townspeople into an army of reanimated yet intelligent psychos?

Maybe they only roam by their home following some fucked routines, like the zombies of that Japanese videogame, Siren.

Yeah but eventually, other people would notice. Especially their family, friends, and colleagues in town. They'd freak if they saw the daughter alive.

Obviously every person who walks by that house unaware, would be fucked. If a large group of people realize what's happening, they could assault the house, pulverize the fuckers with heavy gunfire and finally burn them to ashes.

Because when you climb across the Deadfall, it's because whatever force is bringing back the dead wants you there. It's not a physical location, at least not one in our world. I've always thought this was one of King's earliest references to "thin" places.

Pet Sematary features one of his best endings.

Exactly this, it's one of these places where one could see beyond the veil

Fellas, why couldn't they have made a good Dark Tower series? Why the fuck did it turn out like it did? It's my favorite series by king and they broke it

The... The book? Because it just fucking ends. Nothing happens. No questions are answered. There's no buildup more than any other passage of the book. You could have literally picked any other paragraph in the book to end the story on and it would have had no difference in impact to the ending he picked. Pet Sematary famously has one of King's worst endings.

The leitmotiv of the book is the pet cemetery and everything about that place it's explained along the book. About the end...well, what do you want to know? Gage kills his mother, the poor husband with his mind totally destroyed buries her in that cursed place and gets killed by her when she returns evil. Ellie survives cause she's with those awful Jew grandparents of her. Case closed.

It's not a matter of "what happened?" 99 percent of books follow a standard enough story that you don't really need the narrative to tell you what happens. It's HOW it happens that matters. Again, there is no build up for anything that happens in the end. It's written with no tension, but it's also not written matter of factly like, say, No Country For Old Men's ending. He could have done that and made it felt like what happened was inevitable for anyone that dabbled in something like that, but he didn't. He just kept writing and then stopped. It felt like he just got bored with the story and stopped. Your comment is kind of the crux of the issue, honestly. It felt like King was writing for someone that was bored with King stories so he just wanted to get it over with.

Your comment doesn't really address anything I mentioned. You're essentially saying "Of course the ending sucks. What do you expect?"

Holy shit, I wrote that whole thing up and didn't realize I was responding to a tripfag. Sorry everyone. Ignore my post.

the original wasn't even good

I see your point. Honestly I think this is a regular issue with SK novels. He puts the best of him in the main plot, through the very middle of the book. Most of his endings just look a little lazy, like: well, I have to end this thing...that phrase/situation would be fine enough.
Just look at IT for example, it has brilliant parts and the ending it's formulaic and uninspired. With King it's always the journey instead of the destination.

Sorry, I regularly trip in Yea Forums and I forgot to put down my trip while posting here.

Yes, if you followed the comment chain, you'd see that was my original point.

underrated

The Dark Tower's ending is such a non-ending as well, you almost have to wonder if King wasn't self-aware of this weakness and decided to incorporate it into the meta.

I love how they only let about 25 critics see it early. They must have given those guys so much cocaine and whores because it was sitting at 90% until it got released and exposed as the dogshit it is

I dropped the Dark Tower in the second to last book, cause I was very sad and disappointed with the quality of work compared with the first books which are brilliant

So... Why is it still on, then?

how is getting run over even real nigga? just fence in your yard, like just build a catio and walk away lmao

Seems like a kinda happy ending

>didn't test well

Another Clockwork Orange change-the-ending scenario?

>pick a weeknight to watch it
>theater is completely empty except for me

Yeah the relationships fall apart. If they had written that better it would be pretty good.

King knew his ending would be easier to write a sequel for

Thinner had a great ending at least. Though that was more exception than rule

I was actually surprised at how good the Shining was as a book. I liked the movie, but the book was great, way creepier.

That's the fakest shit I've ever seen.

>characters are paper thin that leaves the audience indifferent to what happens to them
>Louis is against heaven/afterlife but immediately gives up on it
>the wife does nothing but constantly panic
>Zelda is turned into nothing but cheap jump scares
>girl gets git by huge semi and isn't turned into paste
>ellie is able to carry the dead mom all the way up the graveyard mountain but can't overpower her father during their fight
>stupid zombie ending
This really was a by the numbers "horror" movie. It made finally conclude that horror movies just aren't for me when jump scares are still going strong ever since Paranormal Activity.

Attached: 1539576204578.jpg (720x472, 43K)

not joking, I did not understand the ending of Thinner. was he going to curse himself again? someone explain.