Did anyone actually watch this shit?

Did anyone actually watch this shit?

Attached: MV5BNTFhOTk1NTgtYWM1ZS00NWI1LTgzYzAtYmE5MjZiMDE0NzlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg (1500x2222, 1.86M)

>Number Five
He cute

Just like the comic it was bad and poorly thought out, should have adapted his Doom patrol run instead

had potential. was executed terribly.

yes, it was just good enough to make me finish it but the flaws were glaringly bad. the acting was ludicrously bad, and the musical scenes were poorly timed

>Written by the guy from MCR

Fuck no

I hate how they play random faggy music for every action scene, like at least pick something that fits and time it right

Relatively enjoyable, but pretty close to an X-men ripoff.

Agreed.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
>the child actor was the best in the show funny considering his background as a Nickelodeon goon
>Klaus had a nice character arc problem is we never see what really happend only glimpses watching him comeback from vietnam and be shocked was amazing tho
>Diego was a bit of a prick but him looking after dementia mom and eventually euthanizing her pulled my strings
The rest were shit
Monkey dude deviated from the original since he was more shy (which was good) but he was not as shy is i would have preferd

2 female heroes were poorly done and looked bad
rumour getting her child taken away for abusing her power and then realising how nothing sh obtained was through her talent was really good tho

Villans were grande basura
Enjoyed it still

“This shit” was actually pretty enjoyable.

Btw, what was monkey boy’s power before getting the gorilla body?

>violent gun battle erupts
>istanbul starts playing

Attached: 1382415537794.png (571x540, 434K)

i think being strong?

Also I acknowledge this is not a particularly important aspect but the special effects were really bad and I mean ATROCIOUSLY terrible

Yes, it was pretty good. I liked the characters and their dynamic.

Attached: B092F7E6-272F-4B50-AC59-608522471D2A.jpg (750x1426, 331K)

I liked it, but I don't like it?

It started slow, and the way the characters were being built up made them all seem like they were getting character development but it seemed like it all fell apart towards the second half. I like how they all complement one another though, but the dialogue felt forced most of the time.

It gives me hope that if Netflix was willing to make this, they might also give us an Amory Wars series.

wat he's a few episodes yesterday and everything was a red herring to end up being boringg

Couldn’t make it through the first episode the cringe was too strong

It was alright, felt like it could have been 1 or 2 episodes shorter.

Muh boi Klaus.

I'm still confused about Hazul and Cha-Cha, are they normal humans or not? Because at the start of the show Hazel beats a literal gorilla of a man with superstrength in hand to hand combat with pretty much no effort and Cha-cha gets knifes on her body yet keeps going on as if nothing had happened, but later they're both discussing the fight as if it was the craziest shit and they could have died there. What was her deal? How can they be so tough?

Bingo.

What did he mean by this?

They're superhumanly tough, but they still can be fucked up easily.

Yes, it was pretty good.

Dickons shoulder jesus christ

i want to be ellen pages gf

Ellen Paige was the worst actor in the show unless portraying an annoying lesbian trying too hard to look young and hip was her goal then she was just playing herself.

WAtched about 4 episodes and couldn´t be assed to keep watching

That's not that bad in my opinion.
Was Umbrella Academy popular in the USA before netflix series? As far as I know it's based on comic book.

i read the original graphic novel, wasnt the big one supposed to be a gorilla?

Super strength.
Apparently he was a lot stronger as a kid when he still had his own body.

yes, 6-7/10. complaints:
- some actors and actresses had much better performances than others, the imbalance stuck out at times
- same could be said for the wildly uneven character development. this would be fine if they didn't attach completely irrelevant sub-subplots, e.g., giving a three-minute aside to diego and his cop ex-girlfriend, about whom we know nothing, out of nowhere, and then proceed to drop the plot for the next four episodes. as if that's supposed to develop anything or elicit emotion from the audience
- plot was extremely predictable, to the point where my roommates and i began guessing what would happen next, mostly successfully
- some of the dialogue was just completely indefensible

despite all that, it was entertaining. and it wasn't capeshit like i feared it would be, but more of an alternate-universe drama.

no, nobody did, nobody likes anything, they're just pretending.

Fell asleep during the second episode.

Fell asleep during the third episode, pretty much xmen directed by an millennial with daddy issues and thinks blaring 80's music over shitty action scenes is good film making.

That's really weird and confusing for the audience. He has a gorilla body, so you assume that gives him strength, but then you get a flashback and he has a normal body, and we're supposed to assume he's still strong. But he was also apparently stronger before his ape body? I enjoyed the show and I know it's only the first season but it did a terrible job of explaining or making use of everyone's powers. But you can say that's also refreshing and a different take on a capeshit show, because the plot was the more interesting part.

Fuck you, I love MCR, and Gerrads covers for The Umbrella Academy are based and waypilled l.

I hate when they play upbeat Retro songs during serious action

The Diner scene in the first episode put me off watching further

He is, he hides his monkey body out of shame for most of the show.

Basically this. It had a lot of potential but it was wasted. I'm still going to watch the first episodes of the second season to see if it gets any better.